Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,358 members, 7,923,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:05 AM

'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (48233 Views)

Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Guber Poll, Tells People Who To Vote For / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) / Godfatherism Must Be End’ — Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Enwhen(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Wetin you dey smoke?

which Ooni of ife is under Oba of Benin

be guided ooo

Read my coment again ...I said Oba of Lagos is under Oba of Benin not Oni of Ife ...better stop taking weed before coming online...no be your blood hot pass o.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Enwhen(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
MelesZanawi:

It is not only the Federal Government paying the Oba of Benin, it is United Nations paying him. Village boy. Your Oba is an employee of the Edo State Government and both him, his land and his subjects are properties of the Edo State Government.

Here is Oshiomhole giving him his staff of office. Hope you saw the cloth Oshiom hiole wore?

Here is another picture of your Oba seated at the back of other rulers when traditional rulers are seated according to ranking.

You are high
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Lovelyn451(f): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

Why are u this bitter shocked
I'm bitter at your foolishness and disrespect
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by DenreleDave(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lovelyn451:
I'm bitter at your foolishness and disrespect

U go heal.. Okay

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Unigrad: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
omorttee4u:
Hehehe somebody should warn this Oba to distance himself from open politics.

He should learn from other Oba, that got dethrown overnight.
You talk like someone who lack understanding. If I may ask, did you read the article? I doubt if you did. The statement from The Oba is so neutral and the truth of the whole matter. No man can dethrone the Oba of Benin including President Buhari. You think Oba of Benin is like Emir in the north that can be dethrone by any governor? .
Go ask or read about Bini history.
Oba of Benin doesn't support any candidate or party, he respects the wishes of the majority of Edoites.
Thank you
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by EsomahJD: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Yes oo

Say No to godfatherism

1 Like

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by whizzler: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
TechSkill:
It is obvious you are one of these Lagos-Ibadan offsprings.... You think what you guys celebrate in that your Lagos is tolerated everywhere lol...

But don't worry, you will learn first hand that Lagos is the only place where such nonsense happens, not in Benin or Edo state.

Osho won his election because people believe him and supported him. The table has turned, even if many of you are failing to accept this in your hut at Lagos Ibadan.

Benin people will show you how it is done. Obaseki has really done well in standing against Osho....

Bro,no need for name calling. Obaseki was running from one God father, now he has a multitude to please or u think all the meetings and delays before today were for formality Oshiomhole gave him one commissioner abi. Half if not more than three quarters of his cabinet will be on him. The Lagos u guys are talking about is still the most developed in the whole of the country. If the governor truly wanted to make a change he should have gone to a lesser known party to actualise his ambition.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by TechSkill: 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
whizzler:

Bro,no need for name calling. Obaseki was running from one God father, now he has a multitude to please or u think all the meetings and delays before today were for formality Oshiomhole gave him one commissioner abi. Half if not more than three quarters of his cabinet will be on him. The Lagos u guys are talking about is still the most developed in the whole of the country. If the governor truly wanted to make a change he should have gone to a lesser known party to actualise his ambition.
grin grin grin your last sentence made me laugh.. lesser known party abi? kikikiki... You really think everyone is politically naive, don't you?

Lagos developed with rising extortion, rising flood? bros, wait until it gets to your house before you know say na Glorified slum you dey.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Ibadansun1: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
TechSkill:
grin grin grin your last sentence made me laugh.. lesser known party abi? kikikiki... You really think everyone is politically naive, don't you?

Lagos developed with rising extortion, rising flood? bros, wait until it gets to your house before you know say na Glorified slum you dey.
@ emboldened

Someone from Edo state is calling Lagos a glorified slum

I guess Edo state is New York grin

Oga oh
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Olatomiwami(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
martineverest:
oba of Lagos is under oba of Benin...'eko' is an Edo word that was given to lagos.lagos was part of Benin kingdom

Ignoramus, so Edo is now Lagos? Where is your Edo anthem Edo is not Lagos
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Ayobami7(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
okay
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Oba wey no get class..

It seems Oba Edo wants the same treatment like Sanusi... I thought people said he doesn't interfere with political issue...

Make he no go pass him boundary, that Frog called oshomole no get fear ooo. gringringrin

Osho baba go treat him fvck up oooo.

Slawormir, u better warn ur oba

That cant happen.... !!... Though and though... Oba of Benin... well let me keep mute!!
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Evidenx(m): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Oba wey no get class..

It seems Oba Edo wants the same treatment like Sanusi... I thought people said he doesn't interfere with political issue...

Make he no go pass him boundary, that Frog called oshomole no get fear ooo. gringringrin

Osho baba go treat him fvck up oooo.

Slawormir, u better warn ur oba
CLEARLY YOU ARE FROM THE INDOMIE GENERATION. YOU THINK OBA OF BENIN IS A PUBLIC SERVANT LIKE EMIR OF KANO??

SMALL PIKIN OF THESE DAYS. .....U NA NOR KNOW BUT UNA GO DEY RUN MOUTH LIKE TAP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Aladdin1(m): 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Its a shame dis oba dey disgrace himself too much unlike im papa.meddling in politics is not part of the duties of the oba.its a very shameful thing that edo has turn topsy turvy under this current oba.politicians no longer respects his mediation and all his curses are as impotent as a eunuch.insecurity,cult killings,fulani herdsmen rape and killings,political rivary has increased under his watch.yet he galivants the whole nigeria visiting and dining with the sponsors and leaders of fulani herdsmen.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by TechSkill: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ibadansun1:
@ emboldened

Someone from Edo state is calling Lagos a glorified slum

I guess Edo state is New York grin

Oga oh
You are not from Lagos state, but you want to claim what you are not abi? Even the real Lagosians, who are indigenes do not boast the way you people do.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by TechSkill: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Aladdin1:
Its a shame dis oba dey disgrace himself too much unlike im papa.meddling in politics is not part of the duties of the oba.its a very shameful thing that edo has turn topsy turvy under this current oba.politicians no longer respects his mediation and all his curses are as impotent as a eunuch.insecurity,cult killings,fulani herdsmen rape and killings,political rivary has increased under his watch.yet he galivants the whole nigeria visiting and dining with the sponsors and leaders of fulani herdsmen.
shut the fork up!
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Ibadansun1: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
TechSkill:
You are not from Lagos state, but you want to claim what you are not abi? Even the real Lagosians, who are indigenes do not boast the way you people do.
So do you see me call Lagos slum?

How can you come from a bigger slum and still have nerve to call other places slums?

And what do you mean real Lagosians? hope you are not amongst the misguided people who believe Lagosians are not Yoruba?
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by Aladdin1(m): 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
TechSkill:
shut the fork up!
No.i wont shut up.you eat shit.idiot.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by ogbonti: 10:01am On Jun 20, 2020
omorttee4u:
[/b]

If you call that ignorant, I agree. Please note : the law/constitution of Nigeria supersede anything traditional. If we want the effect of traditional ruler, there shouldn't be local government chairman here and there.

Except you want to tell me, the whole of Benin has just one Oba as a whole. That will make him equivalent to no.1 citizen of the state. So, if any sitting Govern. Want to make any Oba reckless, brother he will and walk freely.

How many demon and Orisha you striked on white colonials ,when they came to your city and governed you for years.

your hatred for the Binis and the revered Oba is making you see ghost everywhere- Did I say the Oba’s authority comes from fetish powers like Orisha (wareva that means) ? NOPE

I only said No Bini person will agree to ascend the throne if (God forbid) an Oba is dethroned because in Benin, Kingship is not based on selection of an individual from different ruling houses based on Oracle consultation - BUT from one lineage - that is obviously too difficult for you to accept because you come from a culture where the process of ascendancy to the throne is highly compromised, watered down, faulty and subject to dispute - sorry the Binis can’t help you, and your ignorance stinks to high heavens, sorry oo grin
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by omorttee4u(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
[quote author=ogbonti post=90869976]

your hatred for the Binis and the revered Oba is making you see ghost everywhere- Did I say the Oba’s authority comes from fetish powers like Orisha (wareva that means) ? NOPE

I only said No Bini person will agree to ascend the throne if (God forbid) an Oba is dethroned because in Benin, Kingship is not based on selection of an individual from different ruling houses based on Oracle consultation - BUT from one lineage - that is obviously too difficult for you to accept because you come from a culture where the process of ascendancy to the throne is highly compromised, watered down, faulty and subject to dispute - sorry the Binis can’t help you

You lack comprehension no apology. I began to realize there are so many kids on this forum. I'm talking about rule of law and constitutional of a sitting Governor, you are telling rubbish about lineage.. the royal entity can not be on the same accord. So short the short up.

At bolded, why would the Benin help, when I'm not from there. I have my culture and I know much about it, I can't call you ignorant of other culture, you know why? You as a Benin man can not be Emir in the North. Keep displaying your stupidity with the knowledge of your culture and expect everyone should know ,retarded fool.
Re: 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election by landforeast(m): 6:02am On Jun 22, 2020
niceguy555:

What is the land's measurements and the price?
Sorry for replying you Late
The moderators banned me

100 by 50ft is 1 million on Outright payment and 1.2 million on Installment payment

100 by 100ft is 1.5 milion for outright payment and 1.75milion for Installment payment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umahi: Anybody That Closes His Shop On Monday Should Forfeit The Shop / I Honoured Jacob Zuma To Attract Investment To Imo State - Okorocha Gives Reason / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.