Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,845 members, 7,945,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project (1701 Views)

Six Things You Need To Know About Anambra Burial Law / Peter Obi Deletes Tweet About Anambra Inferno / Umahi: I Have Not Made Any Comment About Anambra Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Newsnaija274: 11:47am On Jun 19, 2020
Anambra: Don’t bother me about Anambra airport project, Obiano’s commissioner lashes journalist

Barely seven months of boasting that the Anambra state International Cargo Airport project would be completed in less than 18 months, there is indication that work has not started at the site after the state commissioner for Works, Mr Marcel Ifejiofor, told journalists they won’t access it.
A team of investigative journalists including Blueprint reporter had gone to find out the pace of work at the site since Governor Willie Obiano, on November 27, 2019 during the Anambra Business and Investment Roundtable held at Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, said the project would be completed before 18 months.
Obiano equally claimed that work has resumed on the site with clearing done at about a kilometer out of 3.6 kilometer runway.

“Oga, sorry, we don’t entertain journalists here any longer. You can’t be allowed to see its pace. You can call the works commissioner to confirm it,” two ununiformed men stationed at the entrance to the site stated, adding that the commissioner was on site with the contracting firm.
But a look from afar showed that there was no work on the site except a visible sign of a newly cleared road by bulldozer, first of its kind since 2017 the work was flagged off.

When the commissioner for works, Mr Ifejiofor was contacted on the phone, he queried, “Why are you here? Who told you to come here? We don’t allow people to come here, you can’t come, but you can come to my office on the following Wednesday by 10am,” he said.
On Wednesday, the commissioner fumed again,“I don’t know what you want to be told about the project. Go and quote me, just say work has not started. I am not ready to talk further on the project, so you can say that I said no comment. If you have other things to know about the state of roads in Anambra, I will be ready to speak to you, but I am not willing to talk about the airport.
“Any time I want to make a comment I will tell you. If the project had started our Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) would have carried the report. Is it because I allowed you into my office? How many commissioners in the state can allow you into their offices the way I allowed you people not to talk of other eastern states. I don’t have any comments on the project,” he said.

Obiano had at a budget presentation at Anambra State House of Assembly on September 26, 2019 announced that the government has earmarked N6 billion naira for the construction of the Anambra State International Cargo Airport at Umueri, Anambra East local government area in fulfilment of his promise at 2017 governorship campaign.
The governor in 2017 inaugurated the airport project which, according to him, included a mall, industrial, business park, airport hotel and others, claiming that it would boost economic development and increase the income base of the state.

The project, estimated to cost over $2 billion and would be developed through a partnership between the Anambra State Government, Orient Petroleum Resources and Elite International Investments. Elite International Investments was specifically said to provide all funds under a build, operate, manage and transfer agreement.
Earlier in 2017, Obiano said it was a Chinese company, Sinoking International that would build it at no cost to the state through a Build-Operate-Manage and Transfer (BOMT) basis.

https://www.blueprint.ng/anambra-dont-border-me-about-anambra-airport-project-obianos-commissioner-lashes-journalist/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by BlowYourMind: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2020
commissioner and governor have swallow the money meant for the project

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by SW1st: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2020
Loool
grin
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2020
Common ebonyi state of yesterday has started their own.Anambra state need to change hand please.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by SW1st: 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
BlowYourMind:

More like audio airport if you ask me tho. wink

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by AgbariOjukwu1: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
LMAO
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Anambra1stS0n: 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Exactly where we want you guys to be, before we strick, only the wise will understand grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Newsnaija274:
Anambra: Don’t bother me about Anambra airport project, Obiano’s commissioner lashes journalist

https://www.blueprint.ng/anambra-dont-border-me-about-anambra-airport-project-obianos-commissioner-lashes-journalist/

You guys should stop disturbing him of he said so.

Stop distracting him.

Shouting about airport as if any of una blueprint staff can afford a flight.

When they feel like allowing u guys there u can go and see..

He is right.
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by BlowYourMind: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
SW1st:

More like audio airport if you ask me tho. wink
Of course, it was an avenue to steal money and take over people's land.
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Peacemaker5128: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
They don enter one Chance
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Anambra1stS0n: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Peacemaker5128:
They don enter one Chance
Yes we don enter, I hope you are counting 18 months from November last the project took off fully
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by SW1st: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Of course, it was an avenue to steal money and take over people's land.

This got me BIG time grin

But a look from afar showed that there was no work on the site except a visible sign of a newly cleared road by bulldozer, first of its kind since 2017 the work was flagged off.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by PIMPAR: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
post=90837790:

Exactly where we want you guys to be, before we strick, only the wise will understand grin grin
Dem don burst your lies here again. Few weeks ago ,you gather pictures here, telling us ,the progress of work at the airport.
What has now, suddenly happened

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Common ebonyi state of yesterday has started their own.Anambra state need to change hand please.

Face your delta state and discuss her issues.

Why must the media be disturbing the project.

They banned media personnel there and what's the big deal there.

Any sane human being will definitely be against snapping pictures of something that is not your to 20% done.

Work is not done on media but on ground.

You want them to snap maybe 2 pillars and tag it work commences at the airport...

Are you okay..

Madam mind your state.
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by PIMPAR: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Any sane human being will definitely be against snapping pictures of something that is not your to 20% done.

You want them to snap maybe 2 pillars and tag it work commences at the airport...

Are you okay..

Madam mind your state.
Dem don scam una .ntooooooor. Delta has functioning airport at Asaba, they have another airstrip at Warri, well functioning. Never again to una lie.

Cc:
Myndd 44
Cc: Lalastical. Come and see front page material

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by SW1st: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

Dem don burst your lies here again. Few weeks ,you gather pictures here, telling us ,the progress of work at the airport.

Lool grin
The dude is now speaking in parables having being busted. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
They built an airport in Jigawa, nobody knew when it was completed and on commissioning everyone heard about it..

They built railway and the rest nobody saw half picture of it but in commissioning the project was standing..

They are building other projects and taking note of it.

It is only on this axis that Immediately govt lays one block every Tom, dick and Harry will carry camera, both phone blurred camera and be meandering around to snap and post what God's knows an uncompleted project..

On this same nairaland , we have seen over 100 pictures of second Niger bridge taken in different ways yet the project is just around 28% completed and they will still go there and snap another one tomorrow...

Stupid attitude. You are lucky the man didn't walk you and your blueprint whether yellow print out of his office.

Who exactly do you want to impress with an uncompleted project. You can only register an impression with a completed project

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Anambra1stS0n: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

Dem don burst your lies here again. Few weeks ago ,you gather pictures here, telling us ,the progress of work at the airport.
No wahala, we no be Osun state

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

Dem don scam una .ntooooooor. Delta has functioning airport at Asaba, they have another airstrip at Warri, well functioning. Never again to una lie

If I have time to engage you , I will rather spare it with my dog..

I don't behave like your lots..rather face whatever is happening in asaba and allow others be.
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
[[s]quote author=Juliusmalema post=90837926]

Are you okay..

Madam mind your state.[/quote][/s] So a project that started since 2017 has only two pillars? Another party is needed in Anambra state .
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Sammy07: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Or the governor doesn't wants the masses to know that Money don enter account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=Juliusmalema post=90837926]

Are you okay..

Madam mind your state.[/s] So a project that started since 2017 has only two pillars? Another party is needed in Anambra state .

You I of reading is zero percent, so I rather advise u to go and read again....

The project is for anambra not for foreigners like you.

unnecessary meddlesome attitude shouldn't be encouraged in this 21st century..

Until Government decides to show the spate of work their , allow them do their job and stop looking for pictures of uncompleted infrastructure littered everywhere.

Today you snap uncompleted bridge
tomorrow you snap Enugu express road
next tomorrow highway

Na only una get project Government dey do for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by PIMPAR: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

If I have time to engage you , I will rather spare it with my dog..

I don't behave like your lots..rather face whatever is happening in asaba and allow others be.
Dem don scam una again and again.

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:
Dem don scam una again and again.
Fullstop. Go and look for your mate.
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by PIMPAR: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Fullstop. Go and look for your mate.
Guy man do chop. Afterall no be only diletor dey use una head
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
[[s]quote author=Juliusmalema post=90838576]

Until Government decides to show the spate of work their , allow them do their job and stop looking for pictures of uncompleted infrastructure littered everywhere.

next tomorrow highway

Na only una get project Government dey do for Nigeria.[/quote][/s] What is happening in Anambra and other state is my business because we are all Nigerians and still Nigerians that will use the projects not Anambra people alone, if a governor is not ready to show the progress been made from the airport why did he tell Nigerians that he was constructing an airport in the first place? Why did he do groundbreaking of the airport before? He should always update the people he was using their money because is not doing his personal money to for the project but rather a state fund and taxes.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Ojiofor: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

What makes Ebonyi sate 'COMMON' you should mind your language.
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=Juliusmalema post=90838576]

next tomorrow highway

Na only una get project Government dey do for Nigeria.[/s] What is happening in Anambra and other state is my business because we are all Nigerians and still Nigerians that will use the projects not Anambra people alone, if a governor is not ready to show the progress been made from the airport why did he tell Nigerians that he was constructing an airport in the first place? Why did he do groundbreaking of the airport before? He should always update the people he was using their money because is not doing his personal money to for the project but rather a state fund and taxes.

Next

No time for nkogheri...face your state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ojiofor:

What makes Ebonyi sate 'COMMON' you should mind your language.
Ndooo diokpa

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
[[s]quote author=Juliusmalema post=90839033]

Next

No time for nkogheri...face your state.[/quote][/s] And you think I have time for you diokpa? Odoko
Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Anambra1stS0n: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
SW1st:

Lool grin
The dude is now speaking in parables having being busted. grin

I believe Gov Obiano visited the site 2 yrs ago we had Covid 19

Kindly watch this video from 11 minutes for more information about Anambra Cargo airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnCtjkYRWZA

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Don’t Bother Me About Anambra Airport Project by Ojiofor: 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Ndooo diokpa

Udo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: APC And PDP Likely To Field Northern Candidates For President / Breaking!! 2023: Nigeria Needs A Courageous Man Like Orji Kalu - Victor Umeh / Gov. Umahi Gets Another National Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.