Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,667 members, 7,965,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:38 PM

Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? (884 Views)

Simple Question To Ask Your GF To Know If She’s Wife Material / . / I Have Warned Her To Stop Bringing Her Big Butt Gf To Spend D Night In My House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by MyneWhite1(f): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
So I have a question. Is it a must for your significant other, (boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, fiancée, etc.) to say the words "I love you" as a declaration of their love?

As an author, I personally like to hear it and I take that decision for my characters, smiley

In my first book, A Heart to Mend, Edward struggled with the words, he was the macho type, very arrogant and self sufficient, and felt gifts and actions would do. But in the end, he realized the error of his ways and declared it in words. In the upcoming Ghost of the Past (BTW, this title will be changed) Kevwe is softer, the more emotional and verbally demonstrative type and used the words several times to reassure Efe of his love. In both books, the women loved to hear the words, in fact, Gladys in AHTM insisted on it as a condition for Edward asking her to marry him.

What about you? Must they say it?

If yes, when? Before or after the relationship/marriage, all the time, once a week/month? Daily? Will you stop dating them if they don't? If they've stopped saying it, will you notice? Will it become a bone of contention?

Have a great weekend all.

Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by iice(f): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2011
Not a must.
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by livedit(f): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2011
Livedit, personally loves to hear that she is loved.  But not only just that, but also to SHOW me by backing it up with ACTIONS.  Don't mutter the words if you don't mean it.  Just like my signature says: Say what you mean and mean what you say.  Some people find it very difficult to utter those words, but it's nothing like speaking the word "love".  It's nothing more powerful.  Even for those who have trouble saying "I love you", by all means, write it down on a piece of paper/card etc and give it to that special someone.  I think everyone should get into the habit of saying those words.  Again, as long as you mean it.  Nobody wants to hear a phony or a liar.  Don't mislead anyone.  Be truthful to yourself and to that person.  My fiance and I tell each other we love each other everyday.  So definitely, if he stopped telling me he loved me, then of course that would draw suspicion and I'll need to ask him and find out why.
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
@poster
its nice to hear it but IMHO it is not a necessity. the most important is to SHOW me the love rather than voice it.
any fool can say I love you and not even know the meaning of the damn word.
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by MrCork17: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2011
Its against the PLAYA's code!! angry
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by femmy2010(m): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
It is great to say it and to hear it.
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by Woke4all(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2011
It's not compulsory but necessary. I remember a girl back then if i don't say the L word before ending a call, she think am with another girl and she'll start acting mad.

IMO It's good to say it coz it makes them chicks feel warm.
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by MyneWhite1(f): 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
You're not serious at all! grin

Mr, Cork:

Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by inspirizu(m): 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2011
Mr, Cork:

u ar very correct. I luv 2say it n luv 2 hear though. If u dnt say it 2m u dnt luv d peshan
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by hope247: 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
it feels good to hear it, but its more important to feel it !!!
Re: Is A Must For Your Bf/gf To Say I Love You? by MyneWhite1(f): 3:29am On Jan 29, 2011
I totally agree!

hope247:

it feels good to hear it, but its more important to feel it !!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Women (and Men, I Must Add) Are The Most Unfaithful- Study / Convo Problem / Be The One...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.