Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 (26556 Views)

Keyamo Laments Begging, Extortion At Airports As FAAN Intensifies Action / FAAN Increases Passenger Service Charge By 100% From September 1 / These Are Easy Ways To Get Your Yellow Fever Certificate In 5 Days - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
The idea na to discourage unnecessary waka waka
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by evergreen9: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
The country is broke, if you don't know now you know!

Dem don loot Naija die!

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by alphaRego01(m): 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Loll.wailers committee howfa na

Pls if u can do anything about the increase,wave ur hand.mtcheeeew

Una neva see anything.u see those people wey support buhari eh,i no even know how i go take curse una wey e go pain well well
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by SarkinYarki: 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
E no go better for Buhari ever
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by UDUJ(m): 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
A friend of mine working with one of the domestic airlines said a one way ticket could go as high as 75k now because these airlines are trying to recoup the losses from the covid-19 pandemic so they don't start mass sack of their workers or go out of business.

This means to go and see my family and back I should be budgeting about 150k shocked

The country is really in a downward spiral. If people with good jobs are complaining then just imagine what's happening to those with low income or those without jobs undecided

It's a pitiful situation
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by alphaRego01(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
gentiboy:
I beg make una open this airport, all this up and down done dey tire person self.

Covid 19 no dey this land.

Think again na.
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Lamasta(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Covid-19 come and be going we have had enough

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Jeffyblaq(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
SmartProf:
Don't be surprised if some Nigerians who fly will pay without complaining because most Nigerians who fly often pretend to be rich, very comfortable, and classy. This attitude gives them a false sense of pride meanwhile the value they get for such hiked services remains the same. All these outrage may not sail, especially if those who are contesting it have never seen a completed airport before
Your assertion is not correct..
To think that folks who fly feel they are rich.. I mean why the thought?

Myself, I fly cos I have a strong phobia plying the death trap roads.. Not cos I'm too rich.

You know the rest buddy!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by abnot: 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Contrary to what many think civil servants in Nigeria are killers of businesses. The airlines are even much more considerate but FAAN and the aviation ministry come up with policies that have been killing Nigerian airlines . The airports in Nigeria today are very ancient and in a poor shape with dilapidated infrastructure due to FAAN’s refusal to invest in expansion, training, maintenance and upgrade of the airports. TheY want more money and Probably pressureD the minister into implementing this. The minister has been pursuing a concession agenda which FAAN officials have been against thus mobilising the unions against the concession of the airports. I guess this is part of the compromise he has been hoodwinked to make to prevent the unions from causing chaos. The battle to change Nigeria positively is not an easy one. Many within will work against positive change .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by otokx(m): 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Airport is for the rich it appears, good luck.
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Ykc2(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thank God say na for vienna I dey buy my ticket for going to naija and coming back to Vienna, nigeria ,I no get power for una wahala angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Mutaultope(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
wetin concern me with plane and airport for now
Na bus I dey take and T. F has increased since
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Roon9(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
malele:
Sai baba

All of us must enjoy am
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by sholws(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nairaland, always full of negative news on their FP
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Jabioro: 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nigeria fail the right time always
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by GeniusWeb: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yet in this pandemic grin grin
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by erico2k2(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
SmartProf:
Don't be surprised if some Nigerians who fly will pay without complaining because most Nigerians who fly often pretend to be rich, very comfortable, and classy. This attitude gives them a false sense of pride meanwhile the value they get for such hiked services remains the same. All these outrage may not sail, especially if those who are contesting it have never seen a completed airport before
There is nothing like pretending to be rich, if you ain't rich you ain't flying period!
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Openbusiness: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lush100:
I now believe we are being ruled by proxy by people outside Nigeria.
Someone wants our economy ruined so they can take over our resources.

Boss, nothing like proxy people outside Nigeria. The greatest problem to the progress of Nigeria and Nigerians is our own government. They are the ones ruining this country, they are the ones taking over the nation's resources and wealth. Did you read the gist on Nairaland news how a certain nickname "Tunde" went from being a recharge card seller in Daura to a multi-billionaire pa secretary aide in Aso rock just because he is a nephew to Borrowhari. Is that not our resources being taken over? So the problem is from inside not outside. Of course, outsiders will try to cash out if they see an opportunity, but they are not the ones holding to ransome the prosperity and progress of this country
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by jojothaiv(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
All these outrage may not sail, especially if those who are contesting it have never seen a completed airport before.

Na E Be Thinz O..
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by flyingpig: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Ask them to increase minimum wage now, they'll be creating different Committee to look into it...

Useless government.

I usually enjoy your comments.

Please give me a shout out embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Ask them to increase minimum wage now, they'll be creating different Committee to look into it...

Useless government.

Which minimum wage? Until the non organized private sector form Union to fight government workers.Developing economy don't give social welfare allowances. Almost all income is consumed by recurrent expenditure. They have to borrow for capital projects.

For months no work salary is going on and there is pension at the end. Nobody is fighting the cause of bricklayers, mechanics, vulcanizers and all artisans who laboured daily under sun and in the rain to survive. What about traders and hustlers in various markets, what about the unemployed? Government should help these group of people first.
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by helpfindbolu: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Omooba77: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/uproar-as-faan-increases-passengers-service-charge/

Hope the airport staff, immigration and co will not babi Alla, begie, begie again with this increment?/
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by onyxo76(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
all i know is " ole ni gbogbo yin " una all be thief...
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by chaloskyx: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nigeria is in recession money must be made and the government best choice to balance its books is by taxing its citizens so prepare for rates and prises of goods to skyrocket as the government is going to tax the life out of people and institutions in this country
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by angelina08(f): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
If they like let them make it N1m per passenger, wetin concern me with an aeroplane? tongue

1 Like

Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by Optimusprime(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
I wonder if most of you actually read the article before commenting.
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by LucemFerre: 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
"Wetin concern chicken with Maclean?"
Re: FAAN Increases Passengers’ Service Charge From N1000 To N2000 by duality(m): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
The cheaper the air fare, the more people fly and the more money is made.

Will they agree? No!

People taking night bus will rather fly if the price was reduced.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Have Been To Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.