Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights (49814 Views)

Why Multichoice Lost Out In Race For AFCON Broadcast Rights / Startimes Wins Laliga Broadcast Rights For 2020/2021 Season / Startimes Wins Laliga Broadcast Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by GenghisAlexa1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Dextre(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
SocialJustice:
What's preventing you from starting the revolution?

Well I have had my fair share of trying to start something and I realised on time that nigerians will not follow you anywhere really,they are not ready to fight for what is right,na money dem dey follow
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Naijaarchive(m): 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
einsteine:

Actually, people are. That's why they survived even when HITV had the EPL rights. You would be surprised at how many people watch ROK, African Magic and BBN

Well true but we both know the packages that include these sports channels aren't regular prices
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by okoroemeka(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
Omihanifa:
All nah just plenty talk undecided MultiChoice can't dump EPL and champions league angry

When they know that that's what is still keeping them in business undecided

That EPL and champions league right just be like their pot of gold cheesy the number of adverts alone sef don do them to make profit

If not for their greediness undecided how can they be complaining again when they are operating in a monopoly
350 million dollars is a lot of money, billions of naira,the company is facing economic realities and have to make tough choices,the question is if they pay such huge amount can they get it back from adverts and subscription almost 100+ billion naira,they may just drop the damn thing and manage whatever revenue they will get

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by donem: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
blowjohn:

Economic realities are subjective.

When your salary comes in time, you eat chicken. As the salary reduces you eat products of Chicken (Eggs) and subsequently you begin to eat chicken's food, (maize and millet), and finally, when salary is finished, you become chicken itself, spending your time walking around just looking for what to eat"!

Everyone is on a different level.
Nice reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Torture2020: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Oh really? Now that I know we multi choice clients in Ghana are paying more, I will start a campaign in Ghana on this. Why should we pay more than subscribers in Nigeria? Multichoice is fraudulent

kikero:

Once again, the old lie....Ghana does pay per view. A lie that I have heard over and over again on this site...

Ghana has a packages system.

DStv Ghana Premium Package costs GHS 340/month with 185 Channels. (N22,774 NAIRA)
DStv Ghana Compact Plus Package costs GHS 210/month with 172 Channels. (14, 066 NAIRA)
DStv Ghana Compact Package costs GHS 140/month with 165 Channels. (9,3770 NAIRA)
DStv Ghana Family Package costs GHS 75/month with 139 Channels.(5,032.70 NAIRA)

For Nigeria

DSTV Compact (₦6,975 per Month)
DSTV Compact Plus (₦10,925 per Month
DSTV Premium (₦16,200 per Month)

Ghana does not have pay as you go. Niether does ANY African country.And our packages are even CHEAPER than Ghana's self.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by SocialJustice: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Dextre:

Well I have had my fair share of trying to start something and I realised on time that nigerians will not follow you anywhere really,they are not ready to fight for what is right,na money dem dey follow
So you know and you dey find who you go push for front. Nigerians don't want change.
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by izuu20(m): 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
grin
blowjohn:

When your salary comes in time, you eat chicken. As the salary reduces you eat products of Chicken (Eggs) and subsequently you begin to eat chicken's food, (maize and millet), and finally, when salary is finished, you become chicken itself, spending your time walking around just looking for what to eat"!

Very simple... grin
blowjohn:

Very simple...
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Ooe33: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
See them trying to cover the main reason of not wanting to renew.
We all know FG is trying to remove Monopoly of any tv content. So they will rather sublet or collectively get the broadcast rights.
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Topmaike007(m): 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
wildikeman:
Thank God Man united only qualified for Europa as usual...so I'm good
so you dey enjoy startimes
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Tunks2017(m): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2020
This is good news grin
We don't need this crooks to watch EPL
We can watch uefa & EPL online while startimes shows German, French &Italian league............

Dstv can go to places with their outrageous full bouquet payments

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Topmaike007(m): 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
SlyCharlie:

easy dey blow the lie Na...
30million where??
how much did Lionheart gross??.
ogbeni no dey over blow.
Meanwhile all this can be traced backed to Hitv's reckless spending and foolish bidding in 2007.
The whole of subsaharan Africa rights used to cost just around $40m for 3yrs. HiTv came, succeeded in divorcing Nigeria from the rest of the subsaharan African block and put in a bid of $100m for Nigeria alone in 2007!.. absolute madness.
That, with the downward spiral of the Naira brought us where we are today.
Pathetic
then it's time we stop watching the league
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Topmaike007(m): 11:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
bigpicture001:
They are the once fueling the rising cost of subscription with their exclusivity.... There is additional cost to exclusivity.........

Make dem de monopolize and cost will fall. Other contents may still make them the preferred choice...

I choose them over that Chinese idiotic "startimes"
and I choose startimes over dstv
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by bigpicture001: 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2020
Topmaike007:
and I choose startimes over dstv

Y
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by SlyCharlie(m): 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
Topmaike007:
then it's time we stop watching the league
Perhaps.
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Topmaike007(m): 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
bigpicture001:

Y
virtually because they're cheap compared to MultiChoice I can't be coughing out 10k as sub fee in this harsh economy bro dstv monthly sub na other person monthly salary..
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Topmaike007(m): 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Perhaps.
yeah you're right
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by texazzpete(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Truth be told, DSTV is very fairly priced in Nigeria. Yet Nigerians still complain.
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by texazzpete(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Tunks2017:
This is good news grin
We don't need this crooks to watch EPL
We can watch uefa & EPL online while startimes shows German, French &Italian league............

Dstv can go to places with their outrageous full bouquet payments

So people who can’t pay 10k for DSTV sub will now be able to afford fast, unlimited 10+ Mbps internet to watch football abi?

Go check anywhere in the world. Sports packages are usually very pricey. It’s a near miracle how DSTV is able to get that robust bouquet, including sports, for a 12k a month sub.
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by bigpicture001: 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Topmaike007:
virtually because they're cheap compared to MultiChoice I can't be coughing out 10k as sub fee in this harsh economy bro dstv monthly sub na other person monthly salary..

On. My bad months I sub gotv 400 naira ND still watch African magic, afro music, sound city, all naija t. V stations, aljazeera, E!, jimjam,super sport blitz..... Just try ND subscribe ur capacity
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Ihatemumu: 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
AdeTish:
VERY FUNNY.... NAH ONLY NAIJA DEY WATCH AM.. ? WHAT ABOUT ALL OTHER AFRICAN CURRENCY?
they might not be declining at the same rate as Nigerian currency and maybe, other factors with companies operating in Nigeria, like Tax, bills, electricity, etc
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Topmaike007(m): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
bigpicture001:

On. My bad months I sub gotv 400 naira ND still watch African magic, afro music, sound city, all naija t. V stations, aljazeera, E!, jimjam,super sport blitz..... Just try ND subscribe ur capacity
I sub around "1900 and watch everything
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by bigpicture001: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
Topmaike007:
I sub around "1900 and watch everything

Ii also sub 1900.but it's not everything cuz there is 3200 sub
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
kendrick9:
All Na format to increase subscriptions..
Well done multichoice
I swear
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by ghettochild(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2020
They shd drop it oo.. Let's go using IPTV..
U pay for what u use... Since it's data supported unlike dstv that u keep paying for what u don't even watch
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by tinosurex(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2020
Thank you for this info
It simply mean I will have to stall my subscription immediately cos what I have on my dstv is still till September 16th.
But our govt ain't helping too
We need to keep questioning these our politicians
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by MiddleDimension: 8:06am On Jul 02, 2020
blowjohn:

lol at you become chicken yourself looking fir what to eat
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Dextre(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2020
SocialJustice:
So you know and you dey find who you go push for front. Nigerians don't want change.

I'm not pushing anybody. I'm just saying stop advising people to learn to live with whatever and rather tell them to strife for more. I never said people should carry planks and banners and go protest
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2020
at last they would still increase subscription fee
Re: Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights by KingsArome(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2020
See money wey this people dey spend and some useless Nigerians won watch ham for free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Cristiano Ronaldo Rejoined Manchester United / Anthony Joshua Shares First Photo After His Defeat By Andy Ruiz / Deontay Wilder Vs. Tyson Fury II: (The Unfinished Business) February 22, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.