Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,949 members, 7,969,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:27 PM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (37698 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Pray Together? by Adennem(f): 11:08am On Mar 22, 2008
Toyin Dear, May the Almighty God who created everything, and capable of healing your mother, heal her in jesus l pray Amen.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by toyinA1(f): 8:08pm On Mar 22, 2008
Thank u may GOD ALMIGHTY continue to strengthen u
Re: Can We Pray Together? by toyinA1(f): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2008
Re: Can We Pray Together? by toyinA1(f): 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2008
Re: Can We Pray Together? by toyinA1(f): 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2008
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Gamine(f): 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Topic

Please help me join in prayer
for my sister as she gets married!

It hasnt been easy but God has been Good

Thank You o!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Gfrey(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2008
prayn in agreemnt that ur mom would be compltely healed!(matt 18:18-19)

wateva was nt plantd by God shall be rooted out of her body in Jesus name!
jusst kp feeding her mind wth d word, notin can resist its power!

C u on d victors' side.

4 his pleasure and kingdm
Re: Can We Pray Together? by skfa1: 1:05am On Mar 24, 2008
Thank you all for your prayers.

Thank you one more time,may God the father accept our prayers.Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2008
*** writing February instead of March, 2008 was a mistake please. Femid26 & Ola, thanks for the observation & correction !!! I was actually in a hurry to log out that day  wink****

The scheduled date for us to pray for all the sent-in request is MARCH 26, 2008 on Wednesday.

Please do remember to say a word of prayer for Bisi, Toyin.A's Mummy, Gamine's sister etc.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by lamdec(f): 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2008
Hi everybody,happy easter.His death and resurrection is the reason for this celebration.
Thanks olowotee,wed is fine.1.00 pm
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Adennem(f): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2008
Hi everybody, Happy Easter, May the Death and Resurrection power of our Lord Jesus Christ bring to Life every dead area of our life in Jesus Name Amen.

Thanks olowotee, wed is fine .1.00 pm
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Adennem(f): 10:43am On Mar 25, 2008
Thanks so much to everybody in the house for praying for my friends father who had an operation last week. He will be discharge for the hospital today. I really APPRECIATE all your prayers. Thanks and may our Good LORD BLESS You All.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 26, 2008
[center]Prayer Points for today. . . . .by 1:00pm[/center]

@Lamdec
I want you to help me pray for a  best friend.For some years back she has a problem_-she bedwets.And she prayed about it and it actually stopped.She has  stopped bedwetting for the past 3 years,but suddenly it started again and this time more disgraceful.Please she needs a real deliverance.If we can agree on a day to fast and really pray a prayer of deliverance for her.She really needs it,because I believe it a way the devil wants to intimidate her.She is a real Christan,but the devil is really trying to get her by ALL means,all she need is prayers. Her name is Bisi. God bless everyone

@Toyin.A
I really think there's a reason 4 everything in life.I knw GOD has a reason 4 me being here,my mum has fibriods nd we ve been told nt to go 4 operation all we ve been praying 4 is a miracle cause we really don't knw wht to do we r confused

@Gamine
Please help me join in prayer
for my sister as she gets married!

It hasnt been easy but God has been Good

Thank You o!

@Olowotee
A very close friend would be going through a C.S today, please do pray along for a safe operation. Thank you.

Nice day.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Gfrey(m): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2008
thanks for the info and summary! U can count me in 4 adays "joint HOLYGHOST prayer sessions".

We would definitely hav d VICTORY thru His name! Amen! (1Jn 5:14)

4 his pleasure and kingdom.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2008
Thanks be to God for having answered our prayers. Amen

My sincere gratitude goes to everyone in the house for your unfeigned prayers and love. The C.S was carried out yersterday and it was successful!! Both mother and child (Baby Girl) are hale and hearthy. I'm so happy, it was a breakthrough o.

I'm sure you've got some testimonies too. wink

@Everyone
Larriedem sends in his regards. I got a call from him this morning and he said, he's been very busy with his school project, hence, he hasn't been chanced to bounce in here. Well, we accept it, but can't deny the fact that we misssed his contributions on this thread.

It is well
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
hi everybody, i realy miss u all.
olowotee thanks for delevering my msge. in short God is still working.
i just want u guys to know that though am not on the trend but my spirit is always with u.
b4 i go, pls i want u guys to know that God has open doors for us this year and i want everybody to begin to key into it.
the doors of opportunity
doors of human
doors of circumstanCE.
MISS U ALL!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2008
keep the good work up guys
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2008
Subject: BOOK----CONVERSATION WITH GOD!!!!!!!!

BEWARE OF THIS BOOK!!!

If you have children or grandchildren, work with children at church, or
you have neighborhood children whose parents you know, please take note
of the information below and pass it along to others. Schools are
distributing this book to children through the Scholastic Book Club.

The name of the book is Conversations with God,  James Dobson talked
about this book twice this week. It is devastating. Parents, churches
and Christian schools need to be aware of it. Please pass this
information on to church/e-mail addresses, Parents, Grandparents, Aunts,
Uncles, Cousins, friends.
Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV, in
movie theatres, on the internet, and the music they listen to, but also
be alert regarding the books they read.

Two particular books are, Conversations with God and Conversations with
God for Teens,! written by Neale D. Walsch. They sound harmless enough
by their titles alone. The books have been on the New York Times best
sellers list for a number of weeks, and they make truth of the
statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover or title."
The author purports to answer various questions asked by kids using the
"voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based
and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I
paraphrase), when a girl asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?"
His answer is that she was 'born that way' because of genetics (just as
you were born right-handed, with brown eyes, etc.). Then he tells her to
go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girl poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My
parents say that I should marry him because I am living in sin. Should I
marry him?"

His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have
done nothing wrong."

Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. His reply "I do
not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such
thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell
everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another
and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

Not only are these books the false doctrine of the devil, but in some
instances quote (in error) the Word of God.

And the list goes on. These books (and others like it) are being sold to
schoolchildren through (The Scholastic Book Club), and we need to be
aware of what is being fed to our children.

Our children are under attack. So I pray that you be sober and vigilant
about teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their
exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the Devil, roams
about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour ( 1 Peter 5:cool.

We know that lions usually hunt for the slowest, weakest and YOUNGEST of
its prey. children's mind are his target.!

Pass this on.
And, if you are in doubt, check out the books yourself.

God bless.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pahtahkee: 11:10pm On Mar 28, 2008
God bless every prayer member of this thread.

Been a long while I have been on the religion section. embarassed
Re: Can We Pray Together? by omerese(m): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2008
i request your prayers for success in my end of semester exam coming up mid april and for financial stability, health of my wife. God bless you all, in Jesus name.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by skfa1: 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2008
omerese:

i request your prayers for success in my end of semester exam coming up mid april and for financial stability, health of my wife. God bless you all, in Jesus name.

May God help you (Amen)
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2008
omerese:

I pray it be well with her in Jesus name.

Prayer point:
I received this text message last night: "Please join me and mobilise prayers for a sister, Charity by name, her mother is having cancer of the rectum and she needs a miracle! The doctor says she is in critical condition"

But what has God said about her situation?? I'm sure it's not a difficult task for Him. I pray He heals her. Amen.

Please, do pray along.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2008
OlowoTee:

Prayer point:

I received this text message last night: "Please join me and mobilise prayers for a sister, Charity by name, her mother is having cancer of the rectum and she needs a miracle! The doctor says she is in critical condition"

But what has God said about her situation?? I'm sure it's not a difficult task for Him. I pray He heals her. Amen.

Please, do pray along.

@everyone
Good day, Hope you had a splendid wkend!!

Because we are sure God answers our prayers on this forum,Charity's mum is already receiving her healings already. Tell her to just believe. Its well!!!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Adennem(f): 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2008
Dear LORD GOD I pray that your total will will be done in Charity's Mum life. Father your word says that you will not allow any of the Egyptians plagues to fall on us, you also said that you will take away sickness away from us. So father i want to stand on these your words and i know that it shall be well. In Jesus name i pray amen.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2008
Adennem:

Dear LORD GOD I pray that your total will will be done in Charity's Mum life. Father your word says that you will not allow any of the Egyptians plagues to fall on us, you also said that you will take away sickness away from us. So father i want to stand on these your words and i know that it shall be well. In Jesus name i pray amen.

AMEN!!!!!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by lamdec(f): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
Hi everybody in the house,its been a long time.Thanks for all the prayers ,may the Almighty God bless you,he shall also turn your sorrows to joy.He that watereth shall also be watered,all dry areas of your life shall be watered in Jesus name.
I will be starting my mid-semester test this weekend-I have one tommorrow morning,pray for success and the direction of the holy spirit through my reading.God bless.
LOVE you ALL.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2008
lamdec:

Hi everybody in the house,its been a long time.Thanks for all the prayers ,may the Almighty God bless you,he shall also turn your sorrows to joy.He that watereth shall also be watered,all dry areas of your life shall be watered in Jesus name.
I will be starting my mid-semester test this weekend-I have one tommorrow morning,pray for success and the direction of the holy spirit through my reading.God bless.
LOVE you ALL.

U are born to succeed. We in the house wish you victory in your exams. It shall be done according to your heart desires.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2008
femib26:

You are born to succeed. We in the house wish you victory in your exams. It shall be done according to your heart desires.

Amen.

@Lamdec
I wish you the best too, and I pray God to help see you through. Amen.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Adennem(f): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2008
I wish you the best too, sister lamdec, and I pray that Our Good LORD to see you through. Amen.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by larriederm(m): 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2008
hi everybody!
      its been a long time, and i can see that God is doing wonders in our midst. i pray that all the prayer request will be granted in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. amen.

Godfrey!
u are a wonderful guy, thank u for updating me on wats happening inthe forum, may God continue to bless u. i say with the authority that , the new place will be for your favour amen. thank u.

olowotee!
hope u can see what am seeing oh, ! the lord is taking us somewhere. see, watever things mention or mentioned in this forum is granted. am a living testimony!

please i don't want to be left out of this blessing, please always update me with the prayer request and things going on in this forum.

my no ones again is     08052007551.

til i come back again on this forum, please ALWAYS LOVE UR NEIGHBOUR NOT AS UR SELF BUT AS JESUS LOVE US.

till then i still remain my humble self OLANREWAJU.
AM ON MY WAY TO THE TOPMOST TOP.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2008
Someone wrote:

I believe in prayers of the multitude.

I'm going through a very painful situation now. I've been believing God and praying for a miracle in my life to solve this situation.

Please if you come accross this page just whisper a prayer for me that let God answer my prayers.

Thanks

@everyone
Hello! Quite an age really, How una dey wink

. . . And not forgetting all those who have sent in their request at one time or the other, pls, do remember to pray for them, Not forgetting dara-mi! kiss

Best Regards. cheesy
Re: Can We Pray Together? by femib26(m): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
The Hot Water Bottle

This is just too beautiful not to share,
Subject: Isaiah 65:24
This story was written by a doctor who worked in South Africa,

One night I had worked hard to help a mother in the labor ward; but in spite of all we could do, she died leaving us with a tiny premature baby and a crying two-year-old daughter. We would have difficulty keeping the baby alive, as we had no incubator (we had no electricity to run an incubator).

We also had no special feeding facilities. Although we lived on the equator, nights were often chilly with treacherous drafts. One student midwife went for the box we had for such babies and the cotton wool that the baby would be wrapped in.

Another went to stoke up the fire and fill a hot water bottle. She came back shortly in distress to tell me that in filling the bottle, it had burst (rubber perishes easily in tropical climates). "And it is our last hot water bottle!" she exclaimed. As in the West, it is no good crying over spilled milk so in Central Africa it might be considered no good crying over burst water bottles. They do not grow on trees, and there are no drugstores down forest pathways.

"All right," said, "put the baby as near the fire as you safely can, and sleep between the baby and the door to keep it free from drafts. Your job is to keep the baby warm."

The following noon, as did most days, I went to have prayers with many of the orphanage children who chose to gather with me. I gave the youngsters various suggestions of things to pray about and told them about the tiny baby. I explained our problem about keeping the baby warm enough, mentioning the hot water bottle, and that the baby could so easily die if it got chills. I also told them of the two-year-old sister, crying because her mother had died.

During prayer time, one ten-year old girl, Ruth, prayed with the usual blunt conciseness of our African children. "Please, God" she prayed, "send us a water bottle. It'll be no good tomorrow, God, as the baby will be dead, so please send it this afternoon."

While I gasped inwardly at the audacity of the prayer, she added, "And while You are about it, would You please send a dolly for the little girl so she'll know You really love her?"

As often with children's prayers, I was put on the spot. Could I honestly say, "Amen". I just did not believe that God could do this. Oh, yes, I know that He can do everything, the Bible says so. But there are limits, aren't there? The only way God could answer this particular prayer would be by sending me a parcel from homeland. I had been in Africa for almost four years at that time, and I had never, ever received a parcel from home. Anyway, if anyone did send me a parcel, who would put in a hot water bottle? I lived on the equator! Halfway through the afternoon, while I was teaching in the nurses' training school, a message was sent that there was a car at my front door.!

By the time I reached home, the car had gone, but there, on the veranda, was a large twenty-two pound parcel. I felt tears pricking my eyes. I could not open the parcel alone, so I sent for the orphanage children.

Together we pulled off the string, carefully undoing each knot. We folded the paper, taking care not to tear it unduly. Excitement was mounting.
Some thirty or forty pairs of eyes were focused on the large cardboard box. >From the top, I lifted out brightly colored, knitted jerseys. Eyes sparkled as I gave them out Then there were the knitted bandages for the leprosy patients, and the children looked a little bored. Then came a box of mixed raisins and sultanas - that would make a batch of buns for the weekend. Then, as I put my hand in again, I felt the, could it really be? I grasped it and pulled it out - yes, a brand-new, rubber hot water bottle. I cried. I had not asked God to send it; I had not truly believed that He could. Ruth was in the front row of the children. She rushed forward, crying out, "If God has sent the bottle, He must have sent the dolly too!"
Rummaging down to the bottom of the box, she pulled out the small, beautifully dressed dolly. Her eyes shone! She had never doubted!

Looking up at me, she asked: "Can I go over with you and give this dolly to that little girl, so she'll know that Jesus really loves her?"

That parcel had been on the way for five whole months. Packed up by my former Sunday school class, whose leader had heard and obeyed God's prompting to send a hot water bottle, even to the equator. And one of the girls had put in a dolly for an African child - five months before, in answer to the believing prayer of a ten-year-old to bring it "that afternoon."

"Before they call, I will answer" (Isaiah 65:24) This awesome prayer takes less than a minute. When you receive this, say the prayer, that's all you have to do. No strings attached! . Just send it on to whomever you want - but do send it on. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's continue praying for one another
Father, I ask you to bless my friends reading this right now. I am asking You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is self doubting, release a renewed confidence to work through them Where there is tiredness or exhaustion, I ask You to give them understanding, guidance, and strength as they learn submission to Your leading. Where there is spiritual stagnation, I ask You to renew them by revealing Your nearness, and by drawing them into greater intimacy with You. Where there is fear, reveal Your love, and release to them Your courage. Where there is a sin blocking them, reveal it, and break its hold over my friend's life.
Bless their finances, give them greater vision, and raise up leaders and friends to support and encourage them. Give each of them discernment to recognize the evil forces around them, and reveal to them the power they have in You to defeat it. I ask you to do these things in Jesus' name. Amen

"Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. / Seat Causes Quarrel At The Experience 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.