Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,345 members, 7,917,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals (724 Views)

Ondo SSG Princess Odu In Shouting Match With Governor Aiyedatiwa During Cabinet / How We Rigged Anambra Election For Soludo – Man Alleges / Ondo SSG, Ifedayo Abegunde, Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by EBMedia: 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
After resigning from office, Ifedayo Abegunde the immediate past Secretary to the Ondo State Government, has alleged that Governor Rotimi Akeredolu didn't win the 2016 governorship election as was acclaimed, IgbereTV reports.

Abegunde who on Monday morning resigned after a silent war between him and Governor Akeredolu has opened up on his resignation and issues between him and the governor in on a programme on Crest 87.7 Fm, which was monitored by our correspondent in Akure.

He said some "moneybags" in the All Progressives Congress including himself rigged Akeredolu into power in 2016 by manipulating the election result in his favour.

He said Akeredolu lost the 2016 governorship poll to the then Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Eyitayo Jegede, who he claimed was the winner of the election.

He said, "It was through the powers from me and other APC pillars that made INEC declare Akeredolu as governor after he had lost the election.

"So, Akeredolu didn’t win the Ondo governorship election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor.

"We were the pillars behind him and we will not support him again. He will lose this time around.”

On his reason he resigned his position, the former Ondo SSG said he decided to quit the administration due to the way Akeredolu was running the government.

While stressing that he had worked with three different governors in the state, Abegunde described the government of Akeredolu as the worst in the history of the state.

He said, “Akeredolu has reduced the government to the property of his wife, son and in-laws and all government contracts goes to these same set of people from Imo State."

Abegunde further said he was unable to cater for the needs of those who joined him to support the government because funds were not allocated to his office.

He denied that the sum of N5m was being allocated to his office on monthly basis and accused the governor of telling lies.

He said, "Where on earth did the governor give me such funds or let him come forward with the evidence.

"Recently, I reported him to Governor Fayemi of Ekiti State and he promised to invite both of us to Abuja for settlement.

"I remember that I told Fayemi that I was going to spit on the face of Akeredolu if he repeated the lies that he was giving me N5m monthly.

"And I will then return to Akure to resign and as well inform the public of his looting spree.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1357204/rigged-akeredolu-2016-ondo-ssg-just-resigned-reveals/

Lalasticlala

Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by chatinent: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Medicine after death. This one should follow the nearest shortcut to hades.
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by TransflectTP(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
smiley
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by NwaNimo1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Riggers.....
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by SmartProf(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
Using Buhari's famous remote control abi? The day our votes will begin to count in Nigeria, voting will be declared illegal because this APC politicians in government are heroes in crime.
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Okwyjesus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Are they hating on this man bcs of the lgbo woman beside him or what....
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
shocked
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
He should be arrested immediately and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law since he has used his own mouth to confess to the crime.

Meanwhile, Akeredolu is covered by immunity.

1 Like

Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Sunnycliff(m): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Because u no chop well as you want, na him de make u de para...

1 Like

Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
Okwyjesus:

[/s]

I know it if difficult, but get over yourself. Everything isn't about you.
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Captainrambo2: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
FrLukas:
He should be arrested immediately and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law since he has used his own mouth to confess to the crime.

zombie thinking... did he tell it was him ? He said his party APC rigged the elections. Was he in the ballot? Pls pipe down b4 yiu hurt yourself undecided
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by aremuforlife(m): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Captainrambo2 post=91449474] zombie thinking... did he tell it was him ? He said his party APC rigged the elections. Was he in the ballot? Pls pipe down b4 yiu hurt yourself undecided
You failed to realise that he just implicate himself, he said He said some "moneybags" in the All Progressives Congress[b]including himself[/b] rigged Akeredolu into power in 2016 by manipulating the election result in his favour."

1 Like

Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by doggedfighter(f): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
We all know.
But why are you telling us now?
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
Captainrambo2:
zombie thinking... did he tell it was him ? He said his party APC rigged the elections. Was he in the ballot? Pls pipe down b4 yiu hurt yourself undecided
[/s]

I don't respond to dolts.
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

You failed to realise that he just implicate himself, he said He said some "moneybags" in the All Progressives Congress[b]including himself[/b] rigged Akeredolu into power in 2016 by manipulating the election result in his favour."

Leave the mumu.

Reading and comprehension are problems for him.
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Captainrambo2: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

who re the money bags ? You think he wont name them if taken to court?
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Jakemedg(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
Okay SSG it's good you confessed now so the next thing will be for you to list the names of the so called "money bags " and to be prepared for prosecution
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Jakemedg(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Okwyjesus:

Are you sure you are okay because i can't see what you are saying in the main post
Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
FrLukas:

My thought exactly.

1 Like

Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Jakemedg(m): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
FrLukas:

Yes Gov. Olurotimi Akeredolu is protected by immunity (a privilege every serving governor enjoy ) but he can still be prosecuted after leaving office

1 Like

Re: 'We Rigged-In Akeredolu In 2016', Ondo SSG Who Just Resigned Reveals by Mynd44: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2020

(1)

. / Oshiomhole Is A Greedy Profiteer, Says Former Governors' Forum Boss / The Return Of BSS: A Paradigm Of “isakaba Boys”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.