Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,077 members, 7,977,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:54 PM

Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp (1016 Views)

Six Things To Expect From Buhari's 2016 Budget / People of Daura will not expect favour from me- Buhari / Greeks Protest Against D Opposition They Elected 2 Months Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by chrisokw: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2007
Igbos are now in the opposition. They should thus not expect from the PDP

Abia, Imo and Anambra, the three most economically important states in the south east, are now in the firm grip of opposition parties. What this means is that most of Igboland is no longer the playground of the PDP. This is good but it also means that the Igbo should not expect much from the PDP-led federal government. The Yoruba used to be masters of opposition politics, such that for many years, they were excluded from the central government. This strenghtened them and ensured that they almost always give block votes during elections. The PPA (Imo and Abia) and APGA (Anambra) should come together and form a more credible opposition and give the Igbo something to be happy about.
Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by oberon(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2007
My broda did we really gain anything apart from having touts and charlatans foisted on us by a wicked man who hated us with a passion and who only stated appointing Ndi igbo into sensitive positions when others had failed him,this is a good development the delusionary era of main stream participation is over and all those shady characters are out of business we now have an oppurtunity to install real Igbo leaders into positions of trust I am on cloud nine

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by initiator(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2007
Igbos like other tribes gained nana from the PDP. We are entering an era of competitive democracy where PDP's gotto compete and not sit back and foist leaders against the will of the people.
Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by initiator(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2007
Igbos like other tribes gained nana from the PDP. We are entering an era of competitive democracy where PDP's gotto compete and not sit back and foist leaders against the will of the people.
Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by Bankole01(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2007
Inspite of the silly kindergarteners who write diatribes about the Yoruba, Igbo and Yoruba have always lived and interacted well together. Go back in history and you will notice that both AG (Awolowo)and NCNC (Azikwe0were the main opposition parties. My father though a Yoruba man, was a memeber of the NCNC. These two parties came together to form the alliance party UPGA. Those were giddy days when politics was a game for the intellectuals.

All the fly by night parties need to come together and form a formidable alliance against PDP. This is the only way Nigeria can be rescued from the thugs in PDP who have hijacked the instruments of government. We need to put our petty differences aside and do what is right for our dear nation. The intellectuals among us have failed ourselves, our people and nation.
Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by nd2g: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2007
Whether the Igbos are now in the opposition or not, one thing is clear: the real opposition are the elite that have been in the helm of affairs since the birth of this nation. The youth must now come together with a new sense of hightened nationalism in order to rescue this nation. Our parents have failed Nigeria; we must not fail.
Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by Jaybaba(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2007
I think I agree with you nd2g.
I am not an ethnic sentimentalist and I believe rather in being a patriotic national.
On the other hand, I feel we should either revert to the parliamentary system i.e.
where the only elections we hold are the national assembly elections. You vote your senators, rep members, the party that has the majority elects the cabinet that assumes executive office.
This might just be better, apart from this, our political class will always find reason to either compromise with PDP or play to the gallery in favour of PDP.
Whatever happens, Nigerians will survive their evil!
Re: Igbos Are Now In The Opposition. They Should Thus Not Expect From The Pdp by OboloMAN: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2015
#BabaOneChance Trending .....I love Nigerians ~ grin

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Declares Assets / Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding / Oil In Nigeria, Gift Or Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.