Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) (76212 Views)

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by biokuabdullahi(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Shellsploit:
See everywhere like Okearo / matogun road grin

Where's Lalasticlala sef!
abi agbado to gasline, that one na hell

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by cryptotech: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
lakeside79937:
So sad to see Nigerian road like this but let me tell you it's not only nigerian roads that are like this if you travel to other west African countries like ivory coast . Burkina . Mali and others their road is worse than nigerian roads if you travel alot to europe try to sit by the windows as soon as you enter Africa continent you will hardly notice any tarred road .if any one of us become president and you honestly have good intension you can never make the road look like western countries no one can ever make nigerian road look like America or European roads because those countries got money to do capital projects .the good life people enjoy abroad come at a COST . People pay lots of tax to government and the revenue is what is making those countries develop .how many people pay tax in nigeria ? How many businesses pay tax in nigeria ? Even the people that pay tax are not paying the correct amount .so let's stop blaming the government and let's do our duty by paying tax .yes the government is corrupt I accept that but how much of of tax are they embezzling , how much is every one of us contribution in the nigerian economy ? They are as corrupt as us in Europe but the tax people pay covers their development despite their corruptions .let's pay taxes so we can challenge the government .he who comes to equity must come with clean hands so let's blame ourselves that nigeria is not developed

you are just talking nonsense... tax or no tax, do you know what a country will crude oil can do...ask uae.
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Revere27: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Shellsploit:
See everywhere like Okearo / matogun road grin

Where's Lalasticlala sef!

Matogun still better small pass this naw grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by DamnnNiggarr: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sweeetheart:

if people dey talk, Igbo should cover face
I thought they say there is no redmud in the SW,
Or am I seeing blue mud. Is like my phone is deceiving me.
Talk about how these roads can be repaired and not forming empty superiority over the Igbos.
Anyways it's an advise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by comrChris(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
tayebest:
Actually, it's still on construction by the FG. it's a phase by phase development
Which construction?
The same road they keep telling us is under construction for more than ten years. They keep using this road and second Niger bridge for politics.

Beside, no construction is going on there at the moment, they have stopped work for long

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
I thought there's no red soil in Yoruba undecided kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Rondigee: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Look at Nigerian roads. In Nigeria we live like rats

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Sweeetheart(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

I thought they say there is no redmud in the SW,
Or am I seeing blue mud. Is like my phone is deceiving me.
Talk about how these roads can be repaired and not forming empty superiority over the Igbos.
Anyways it's an advise.

is a federal road under construction. don't even compare Yoruba with Igbo, dem no be mate
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Fantasticcc: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
What an eyesore, disgusting things undecided
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Phemostiga4u: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
alagbado
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Ykc2(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
Austria my second country thanks for making me an austrian citizen, look at where I supposed to suffering,even austria pigs and Austrian cows wont stay in this type on environment,our night bus

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Nooel1: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
lakeside79937:
So sad to see Nigerian road like this but let me tell you it's not only nigerian roads that are like this if you travel to other west African countries like ivory coast . Burkina . Mali and others their road is worse than nigerian roads if you travel alot to europe try to sit by the windows as soon as you enter Africa continent you will hardly notice any tarred road .if any one of us become president and you honestly have good intension you can never make the road look like western countries no one can ever make nigerian road look like America or European roads because those countries got money to do capital projects .the good life people enjoy abroad come at a COST . People pay lots of tax to government and the revenue is what is making those countries develop .how many people pay tax in nigeria ? How many businesses pay tax in nigeria ? Even the people that pay tax are not paying the correct amount .so let's stop blaming the government and let's do our duty by paying tax .yes the government is corrupt I accept that but how much of of tax are they embezzling , how much is every one of us contribution in the nigerian economy ? They are as corrupt as us in Europe but the tax people pay covers their development despite their corruptions .let's pay taxes so we can challenge the government .he who comes to equity must come with clean hands so let's blame ourselves that nigeria is not developed

Look at the rubbish you typed! For your mind now you're feeling like "Aristotle the Greek Philosopher" abi?

How can you compare Mali, Burkina Faso and Ivory coast to Nigeria? The resources Nigeria has both solid and natural resources, those countries don't have it.

Poverty and Ignorance has really entered into your thinking faculty for you to think that Nigeria can't match some of the developmental strides of some western states.

For you to think of economic growth and development as rocket science goes to show how far you are long gone.

Have you read the story of Singapore, how one man( lee Kwan Yew) single handedly transformed the country in 10 years?

I guess you don't read or you're just a political jobber whose sole aim is to come online and defend the govt.

And as for tax, what happened to the monies levied on all the oil companies in Nigeria? The govt will never account for those money yet you're quick to jump on the bandwagon that uses inability of Nigerians to pay tax as excuse for being underdeveloped.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by DamnnNiggarr: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sweeetheart:

is a federal road under construction. don't even compare Yoruba with Igbo, dem no be mate
Blatant liar from the pit of hell,
Tell me, What humanly possible did the Yorubas do that
An Igbo man has never done before??
Please tell me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Urchman200: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
IamWonderful:
The road is on construction, why these red sea lost people of the Jew like this.

Modified
Sorry grammarians, I know you will come here to show how your great grandfathers "invented" English, well when you mast.......bating on it, take your keypad and edit my comment on how it can alleviate your suffering and poverty
what is the meaning of all this ?can't we be objective for one's?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by goaldynboy: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
lakeside79937:

Other oil rich countries like Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, etc have European standard roads!!!

Even Namibia, Angola, Gabon, Seychelles, Mauritius, South Africa, etc has built European standard roads!!!!
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Antichristus: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Meanwhile Northern roads are top notch using funds derived from the south. Buhari is a fraud. It's sad there is no credible leadership amongst South West, South East and South South people.
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by DamnnNiggarr: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sweeetheart
you're keeping me waiting.
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Antichristus: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
lakeside79937:

You are a disgrace to be expressing such a shallow idea. No matter your response I'll be inclined not to respond because your response here is symptomatic of very low IQ.
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Reference(m): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
Until we imbibe the culture of public works being the responsibility and the dividend of the public this will never change. The reason it is like this is that the country is a contractor's paradise, a contractor's garden of eden where the government comes down on the cool of the day with bags full of money to reconstruct roads.

Some roads in the developed world have been existing for upwards of 50, 60 years but get a touch of maintenance EVERY WEEK UNFAILINGLY because of their importance and cost. They will notpermit a crack become a dent and a dent become a pothole, thoughtless of a gully.

And who does this, public works and who owns, directs and operates public works, the public. But since independence and the Gowon era the structure of maintenance has given way to the culture of contracting and typically contractors in cahoots with corrupt civil servants desire to see infrastructure completely decay and collapse for two reasons.

One, so that the contract sums are massive easily hiding any graft. And two, so they can leverage on the anguish of the public to expedite such contracts with little time for proper scrutiny.

All I advice folks who commute on these roads to do is to take them over as real public responsibility and handle it themselves. Sounds odd but that is exactly how things get done permanently.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Angelstudios: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
no mind some idiots jare. dey r so pathetic and foolish at d same time. anything to fuel there bruised ego. snapping picture of a road under construction and make it to a thread,

The road is not on construction, the road is terrific at least a minimum of 4 trailer accidents a day....
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by nograv: 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
tayebest:
Actually, it's still on construction by the FG. it's a phase by phase development

Do you still believe the lies you are typing...?
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by loba18: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
I got some here too.

Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Angelstudios: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sweeetheart:

both LASG and Ogun state wanted to take up the construction of the road and toll it but the govt said they are in the process.... so there no construction going on the road, the road is so terrible that at kola and mosalashi bustops at least 3-4 trailers must tumble each day... people that come from sango, tollgate and others face a lot plying the road at least if govt can't do the road by just filling the road with granite will make it a bit motorable at least for the main time
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by earnit1: 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
oh
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Ayemileto(m): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
goaldynboy:

You are a blooooody liar!!

The only place under construction is Oshodi to Abule Egba which Ambode started four (4) fvcking years ago inorder to include the BRT lane!

From Abule Egba going through Agbado/Ijaiye and Sango to Abeokuta, the road has totally failed, dilapidated and dead trap!!!

Or do you think Ogun State part of Lagos - Abeokuta Express way starting from Toll Gate is not part of Lagos - Abeokuta Express Way?!!!!!

Realdeals:

Can you share the other side of the road? It's obvious you don't know the road in question.

Chekitaut:
receive sense

AregbeFufu:

Which construction?
Is that how roads are constructed in yoruba villages.
Did you see any sign of construction there? Any equipment or diversions.
Also while constructing roads in your village, the surface of the road won't be graded or leveled,it will just be left with gullies and puddles of water.

Nooel1:

Going by the comments you made above every reasonable person will come to the conclusion that you're a certified grade 8 zombie till thy kingdom come

F3dan:

Sir, which section of the road is under construction?
Ambode did his part by repairing the road from oshodi to Abule egba and since he was denied reelection that is where the construction work stopped.

My comment was based on the pictures OP shared showing just one section of the road, while the other section have much more traffic going in both directions, and I mentioned that in my initial comment.

We all know during road constructions, all traffic are directed to a single lane, but impatient people will still pass the lane under construction. And since one of the lanes above have traffic going in both directions, with only a few vehicles passing the lane snapped by OP, I assumed it is one of the situations where people post something online and paint a biased story of the situation.

If the OP had shared pictures of the other lane, I wouldn't have dropped that comment.

But I have checked online, and It appears the road is really bad as claimed by OP.

Also, it appears more pictures have been added to the thread.
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Nooel1: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ayemileto:

My comment was based on the pictures OP shared showing just one section of the road, while the other section have much more traffic going in both directions, and I mentioned that in my initial comment.

We all know during road constructions, all traffic are directed to a single lane, but impatient people will still pass the lane under construction. And since one of the lanes above have traffic going in both directions, with only a few vehicles passing the lane snapped by OP, I assumed it is one of the situations where people post something online and paint a biased story of the situation.

If the OP had shared pictures of the other lane, I wouldn't have dropped that comment.

But I have checked online, and It appears the road is really bad as claimed by OP.

Also, it appears more pictures have been added to the thread.

My brother, the whole states in Nigeria is in worst state.

The govt of the day is full of propaganda
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by writeprof(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
This road belongs to the Federal Government of Nigeria. grin
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by danzyworld1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
Osagyefo98:

We must keep talking about it till succour comes their way.

you an I know that they don't care. so we must act about. by protesting. but who can stand for it?
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by Sweeetheart(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

Blatant liar from the pit of hell,
Tell me, What humanly possible did the Yorubas do that
An Igbo man has never done before??
Please tell me.

putting a country in the hand of extremism as your naive leaders done in the past

tell me where Igbo man and woman belong in the richest in Africa and in the world

you people be claiming success that's mere audio and not reflecting in the lives of your people. as it is in Lagos, your people are in express road hustling like other people in Nigerians but you won't allow us hear words with your audio developer
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by stacyadams: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
cryptotech:

you are just talking nonsense... tax or no tax, do you know what a country will crude oil can do...ask uae.
. No mind that English speaking guy,,,

Make he support mediocrity
Re: Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) by experience16: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
no mind some idiots jare. dey r so pathetic and foolish at d same time. anything to fuel there bruised ego. snapping picture of a road under construction and make it to a thread,
Which road is under construction?, there is no construction going on ,on that road,my car almost broke down because of this bad road fro Moshalasi to Meiran.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

U.S Asks Citizens To Avoid 14 Nigerian States / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering / Drone View Of Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.