Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students (13196 Views)

Senate Passes Anti-Sexual Harassment Bill / Senate Debates Omo-Agege’s Sexual Harassment Bill / Omo-Agege Presents Sexual Harassment Bill To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 14, 2020
Rubber Stamp MODASUCKING Looting Heediaatttt!!!!grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by grammarian247(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Dedetwo(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

Even if a girl is a runz girl, she has the right to determine who she should have sex with

Not some old man forcing her to sleep with him before she can ace a course

That's condemnable

Choice is something that life gave all of us, and we must respect that

The crap called sexual harassment bill is not designed to stop the bolded. Not too good girls must pay to pass a course. The problem is the process of reporting sex for grade.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Mayng01(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2020
Randy students & randy lecturers will be adamant. Still a very good move. But when will the capital punishment bill be passed on political looters cos that is the day Nigeria becomes a sane country.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by tonapuck: 6:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Zither:
It goes both ways. The lecturer sexually harassing the student and the student sexually harassing the lecturer should both pay in full...that is equity and justice.

Gbam. You're on point. Some student also do try to seduce lecturers.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Yankee101: 6:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Good
Next na implementation
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Heavensent01(m): 6:16am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
Good, all our girls go save small but these politicians sef
See as them all pass the bill on lecturers but death sentence bill on looters no even see the dawn. Bunch of nonentities voted by useless youths.

Pls if the air I breathe is not urs don't just quote me unnecessarily, its not everytime I make use of my home training

why are you scared of your own shadow now? you made a very good point, only imbeciles will think otherwise
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by iwatt2: 6:20am On Jul 14, 2020
Let's be vigilant.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 14, 2020
Lol....
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by iwatt2: 6:22am On Jul 14, 2020
Let's be vigilant. cool

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Eriggs: 6:40am On Jul 14, 2020
Thank you Baba Buhari. you have done another good thing for our country. may all ur enemies die prematurely, only if u don mean well for Nigeria
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Xisnin(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2020
Uncletony:
90% of university girls are runs girl
Says the senseless uncle tony.
You shouldn't be worried if you are right, you just have to pay as others do.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Xisnin(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2020
Tomtomy98:
Let it not be an advantage for females to retaliate or punish males
Anything to get rid of the incompetent predators in our schools.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Gamezi(m): 6:49am On Jul 14, 2020
Because your kids as now been sent off from US so you just have time to fix the problems

Bs
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by rexibity(m): 7:14am On Jul 14, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
This our country is very funny oo. So DSS arrest EFCC chairman for fraud.
Is God not wonderful?
Abeg how we go take settle this matter now. grin grin
Im still looking for how to explain this to my future kids snd friends abroad.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by obstead200(m): 7:25am On Jul 14, 2020
lightking99:
Sexual harassment in our institute is like Police and bribe
I hope the bill defines sexual harrassment in very clear terms.

Because the higher institution is a place full of consenting adults. While I agree that it is inappropriate for a lecturer to date or attempt to date HIS (note the emphasis) student, someone he is directly teaching, because it might offer her undue advantages or cause her undue pressure, I see nothing wrong in a lecturer seeing a fellow adult, a student, (who he is not teaching, is not likely to teach and hence will not in anyway influence her academic pursuits) and seek to date her. If she accepts, it is all fine and good.

My personal opinion.

As a lecturer, I can't date MY student.
But that does not mean, when I was still single, that I did not date students. As long as I don't teach u, and can't be said to have the potential to influence Ur academics in any way, u are fair game ooo
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by engrchykae(m): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2020
Lecturers will seize this golden opportunity to hunt each other through students
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Olaturner(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2020
Good move...

But wait oh with these kind bill,hope say dey never give some ladies power to start accusing their lecturers?...

I wonder how my witch departmetal ladies go dey feel now...SMH
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by AmeLonRo(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
This our country is very funny oo. So DSS arrest EFCC chairman for fraud.
Is God not wonderful?
Abeg how we go take settle this matter now. grin grin
. Na the matter we dey settle now my broda.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by onyxo76(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2020
na to keep all those female students far from my office be that....transfer to my female colleagues for examinations and treatment.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Teejay13(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2020
It's a welcome development.

Sexual harassment is also an abuse to human right.

Say no to sexual harassment today.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Greenpace214(f): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
holuwajobar:
Watch out for how some ladies will use it to tarnish lecturers image

You sure say you read the post?

"The clause provides for strict liability which makes it necessary for prosecutors to prove the intention of the accused, as well as the condition under which the act of sexual harassment was carried out."
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by MrFly(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Atikulated:
Senator Akpabio comes to mind!
A blessed and an uncommon Minister.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by saintol(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2020
Instead of passing law that will bring about execution of anybody that steal or embezzle amount of money ranging from #10 million upward, and life imprisonment for amount below it, they are here making one-sided sexual harassment law. So you do not know that some female students also sexually harass their lecturers. Any law for that? Right from time, I don't take these people serious.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Kryptonvinyl(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2020
What of the 'Jamb valid for 3 years bill'?
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by titusmichael27(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2020
One need to be really careful on things like this. There should a section that provide a level ground for both parties to prove themselves. While trying to protects the female foxs we need to put into considerations the fact that the bad eggs are out there cooking all kinds of set up on lecturers. We can't afford to send innocent people to jail. Please let's make it 1x, just in case the away team get a penalty in a dying minute
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by RPG2020(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2020
What of the once that want to do exchange? One puss!y give you 350 marks
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by King44(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
Good, all our girls go save small but these politicians sef
See as them all pass the bill on lecturers but death sentence bill on looters no even see the dawn. Bunch of nonentities voted by useless youths.

Pls if the air I breathe is not urs don't just quote me unnecessarily, its not everytime I make use of my home training
oga this is one of many problems we are having in this country, out of one hundred, one has been solved. The remaining 99 would also be addressed by God's grace.

If you have a daughter that was sexually molested by her lecturer, I am sure you would be happy.

But they did well by adding that clause of prove of intention because some female students and most ladies behave like ogbanjes, they are always looking for avenues to pull a man down.

But those lectures especially the male ones, most of them are useless as the share button on nairaland. They are ready to pierce anything that has hole with their dick.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maduka Looks Good For Agu Awka. Anambra Central Traditional Rulers Endorse / I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? / Anti-Social Media Bill Re-Introduced By Bala Na’Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.