Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students (13212 Views)

Senate Passes Anti-Sexual Harassment Bill / Senate Debates Omo-Agege’s Sexual Harassment Bill / Omo-Agege Presents Sexual Harassment Bill To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by mukthar2000(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2020
I slapped Akpabio for sexually harassing me, says ex-NDDC MD.

Better, so that someone like Akpabio and is other fellow greedy leaders would stop sodomized and asexually harassed our female youths.

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by ICEMAN(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Nigerians are about to learn a long hard lesson that everyone in the west knows well. When you give a woman an inch she takes a mile. Welcome to a new era of false allegations. Many innocent men will now pay the price.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by dukeprince50: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2020
King44:
oga this is one of many problems we are having in this country, out of one hundred, one has been solved. The remaining 99 would also be addressed by God's grace.

If you have a daughter that was sexually molested by her lecturer, I am sure you would be happy.

But they did well by adding that clause of prove of intention because some female students and most ladies behave like ogbanjes, they are always looking for avenues to pull a man down.

But those lectures especially the male ones, most of them are useless as the share button on nairaland. They are ready to pierce anything that has hole with their dick.
lol, at the bolded but who will solve other problems abt politicians, recently they want to pass a bill on politicians receiving pensions after they leave office, they are not comfy with stealing while on seat, they still want to steal after they leave office, its getting worse by the day
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by alezzy13: 9:34am On Jul 14, 2020
King44:
oga this is one of many problems we are having in this country, out of one hundred, one has been solved. The remaining 99 would also be addressed by God's grace.

If you have a daughter that was sexually molested by her lecturer, I am sure you would be happy.

But they did well by adding that clause of prove of intention because some female students and most ladies behave like ogbanjes, they are always looking for avenues to pull a man down.

But those lectures especially the male ones, most of them are useless as the share button on nairaland. They are ready to pierce anything that has hole with their dick.

Thats actually the difficult part and why there are so few convictions. And that's what Omoagege is arguing against.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by hush15: 9:38am On Jul 14, 2020
CHIOMAEZEH:

https://dailytimes.ng/sexual-harassment-bill-passed-to-guarantee-safety-of-students-in-schools-lawan/

But should it not be captured in the sex offence act that also covers rape... Why another law? When the old ones can be amended
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by King44(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2020
alezzy13:

Thats actually the difficult part and why there are so few convictions. And that's what Omoagege is arguing against.
I think that part should be addressed because a lot predators would go scot free through that clause.

I want to believe that the house is intelligent and know what to do about it.

They should also take into consideration the fact that there are some members in the house who are pushing the interest of ASUU in the house and if they could have their way, they would render the bill null and void.

Those ASUU people! they are always quick the bad eggs among them even if they are aware that some lecturers are guilty, they would still go ahead and defend them without taking the plight of the students into co consideration.

Beds of the same feather.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by King44(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2020
alezzy13:

I think that part should be addressed because a lot predators would go scot free through that clause.

I want to believe that the house is intelligent and know what to do about it.

They should also take into consideration the fact that there are some members in the house who are pushing the interest of ASUU in the house and if they could have their way, they would render the bill null and void.

Those ASUU people! they are always quick the bad eggs among them even if they are aware that some lecturers are guilty, they would still go ahead and defend them without taking the plight of the students into co consideration.

Birds of the same feather.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by King44(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
lol, at the bolded but who will solve other problems abt politicians, recently they want to pass a bill on politicians receiving pensions after they leave office, they are not comfy with stealing while on seat, they still want to steal after they leave office, its getting worse by the day
They would only have their way if we let them do what they like without ranting online, offline and backing it up with some heavy protests that would shake them to the root because it concerns our lives.

The only reason why they take us for a ride is because we are all docile in matters that would turn our entire lives around and quick to cast stones on matter are less relevant to our lives, for examples some silly never do well lawyers and human right activists in this country are able to organise heavy protest to prosecute pastor Krest just to make some quick money and recognition but when it comes to bigger matters that would put their names in stone of time and give them a reputable recognition and money but with higher risk they would all look away and become useless all of a sudden.

We need to set our priorities right in the country, if a politician steals and we don't allow them enjoy their money or even drive freely, fear would set in and they would sit up but they have seen us as talk more and no action people that is why we are treated as third class in this country.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by sonofthunder: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by oyeb15: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Laws with no implementation and enforcement.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Amanda4life: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
ALL THE WIVES OF LECTURERS AND SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE NOW HAPPY .

AT LEAST ONE PART OF THEIR PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.

E SHOK YOU.

OYA HIT ME
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Amanda4life: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
IS IT ONLY FOR THE SAFETY OF STUDENTS IN THE CAMPUS.

WHAT OF OUTSIDE CAMPUS.

OR IS IT THAT OUR IT THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE GUILTY OF THAT.

WHY WILL THEY DIVIDE SEXUAL HARASSMENT INTO PARTS
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Sexual Harassment Bill Passed To Guarantee Safety Of Students by Uncletony(m): 7:40am On Jul 16, 2020
Xisnin:

Says the senseless uncle tony.
You shouldn't be worried if you are right, you just have to pay as others do.
You have to stay in the mud alone!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency : I Won’t Reveal My Manifesto For Nigerians Now – Tinubu / President Buhari Arrives Abuja After Portugal Trip / Who Will Be The Presidential Candidate Of The Newly Merged Parties?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.