Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? (7145 Views)

1984 Letter 4rm Buhari 2 UK PM Margaret Thatcher Shows PMB Hates Corruption(pics / Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Describe Buhari's 2 Months Presidency ... In One Word Or Phrase!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Afam4eva(m): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2011
I don't think Buhari did anything spectacular.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Nsiman(m): 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2011
This is the most challenging question to buhari's supporters but going thru all posts i only see attacks. I there4 join afam4eva to say buhari did nothing except teaching pple how to queue which my 3yr old sibling knws without been taught and he concentrated fighting corruption which ibb knew can't be done away and there4 brought him low
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Ibime(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2011
I was suckling my mothers breasts during Buharis tenure, but I can tell you of the start of IBBs tenure before SAP killed the economy.

I can tell you of the spillover of Buharis regime that I noticed growing up. Back then we had posters all over Police stations telling us about the WAI and to report any Police officers or members of the public who asked for bribe. You could walk into the Police office and report such.

No roadblocks asking for rojer payments.

We carry 50 kobo in our pocket and buy milk.

Yearly Rent for 3 bedroom house in upmarket areas of PH was N7000 as at 1990. (Funny enough, Nairalands Babasoty was ma landlord!) Within 3 years, rent had jumped to N100,000 as SAP started to bite.

Buhari controlled inflation and refused to cave in to World bank demands to devalue the Naira. He kept inflation low, and no one went hungry.

These are my oservations as a very young child during the first few years of IBBs tenure before SAP started to bite.

Nigeria started to change around 1990M Before that, almost everyone you knew was "middle class". These same middle class became the "wasted class" when Olu Falae and IBBs SAP started to bite.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Mobinga: 3:16am On Feb 06, 2011
Ibime:

I was suckling my mothers bosoms during Buharis tenure, but I can tell you of the start of IBBs tenure before SAP killed the economy.

I can tell you of the spillover of Buharis regime that I noticed growing up. Back then we had posters all over Police stations telling us about the WAI and to report any Police officers or members of the public who asked for bribe. You could walk into the Police office and report such.

No roadblocks asking for rojer payments.

We carry 50 kobo in our pocket and buy milk.

Yearly Rent for 3 bedroom house in upmarket areas of PH was N7000 as at 1990. (Funny enough, Nairalands Babasoty was ma landlord!) Within 3 years, rent had jumped to N100,000 as SAP started to bite.

Buhari controlled inflation and refused to cave in to World bank demands to devalue the Naira. He kept inflation low, and no one went hungry.

These are my oservations as a very young child during the first few years of IBBs tenure before SAP started to bite.

Nigeria started to change around 1990M Before that, almost everyone you knew was "middle class". These same middle class became the "wasted class" when Olu Falae and IBBs SAP started to bite.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

nna men shocked shocked shocked shocked
I should ask Kobojunkie if she's my landlady oh grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wahala dey oh. bk/babe might just be my barber shocked shocked shocked shocked
Eze uche my tailor shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Nsiman(m): 6:40am On Feb 06, 2011
@ ibime, those things u mentioned about buhari, buhari met them right? Ibb changed it through SAP. What buhari shld have done for posterity would have been him giving suggestions to subsequent admins but reports has it that buhari distanced himself from subsequent admim but rather wants to lead
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 6:50am On Feb 06, 2011
Nsiman:

@ ibime, those things u mentioned about buhari, buhari met them right? Ibb changed it through SAP. What buhari shld have done for posterity would have been him giving suggestions to subsequent admins but reports has it that buhari distanced himself from subsequent admim but rather wants to lead

Now I am definitely sure you are high on something  . . . . ROFLMAO!! 

He was lucky to get away with his life after the coup . . .  you actually expected him to, for posterity, give suggestions to the IBB regime?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 06, 2011
@ Nsiman: Was it really necessary to create another id? Were people not taking you seriously enough as Nsiman?

I can understand you not asking your folks about what Buhari did because I know GEJ is all your interseted in, but why must you GEJ guys play like children on nairaland?

Oya, go and create another alter id, ''ddc machine'' has been compromised.
(Probably wanted to pick up underage boys with it anyway.)

ddc_machine link=topic=599556.msg7675507#msg7675507]
Much has been said of Gen. Buhari on how
he fought corruption and enforced
discipline in nigeria during his 2.5 yr reign
as head of state. Some give the attribute to
Idiagbon while others to buhari.
                             What were Gen. Buhari's
other  achievements for posterity in nigeria
during his 2.5yr reign as nigeria's HOS?
[/quote]

[quote author=Nsiman:

Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by doja(m): 9:03am On Feb 06, 2011
@Kobo

You really do need to be calm and show some respect to other people,a first time visitor to this forum would see your response as that from an intolerant person the guy asked a valid question that requires same in response if you do not feel comfortable with that the best thing to do is to ignore.

@ddc machine

I was very young then but everyone that I know who was an adult at that time had something positive to say about that regime and from his days at PTF I can tell you that his impact was felt by all forget about what some section of the press will want you to believe.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:39am On Feb 06, 2011
Buhari's achievements were typical of the Military era (like any Military government in Africa) Poor Foreign Relations (with the USA only oooh), Staggered development, Slow action to economic policies, cautious corruption, but he did instill discipline in the citizenry and my was the Naira at its most stable against the almighty dollar. Yes I also witnessed Shagari and Umaru Dikko Era and FEDECO grin

is it me or ddc_machine and ma_j_blige are siblings they talk the same way, have the same views and comment on the same thread without a break in the tone or style of their posts wink
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2011
hisses in contempt. Arrant nonsense.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2011
^^^ no vex na, i was starting to take a liking to you. ehh abeg. okay i apologize.

Peace smiley
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by FACE(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2011
Buhari's achievements during his dictatorship was to place Nigerians under military jackboot in cahoots with his rascal cohorts Abacha, IBB, Idiagbon and co after they overthrew the civilian govt of the day.

He showed himself as a lawless person with absolute disregard for lives and freedom of speech and he achieved zilch during his time, save for flogging civilians into queues and wielding absolute power.

He ruled by military fiat and was an absolute leader, which means that his words were capable of changing the cause of the nation, without any challenge from any one and all he did was to bully innocent Nigerians. Let his supporters name a single achievement of his.

What did he do with the PTF funds under him ? In a dog eat dog world, he was out-dawged by his mates but was compensated with a direct access to oil money (PTF) and he was happy with that.

If he had any integrity, he would have said no to the appointment as his mates made it clear during their coup that they were removing him because of his ideologies and were charting a different course that he originally set out to follow.

He is not the change I am waiting for.

I know that he is pained that he was out-embezzled by Abacha and IBB, but we are not giving him a chance to play catch up.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2011
so it was 2.5 years.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2011
So suppose he wins what are his aims, fight corruption and whip civilians again? Buhari achieved that because he suspended the constitution, and the military gov'nors cooperated with him due to the consequences of failure to obey. He had no managerial, economic and political policies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Rochas Developmental Works - IMO STATE / Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption / List Of 57 Lgs, Lcdas Sole Administrators Swore In By Governor Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.