Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? (3053 Views)

Poll: Will you change for a man/woman?

Yes.: 16% (2 votes)
No.: 33% (4 votes)
Maybe - it depends.: 50% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, Can You Date A Lady Who Cant Cook?, And Are You Willing To Teach Her.. / Are Men Willing To Wait For Sex Till Marriage? / Guys/ladies: How Many Affairs Are You Willing To Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 05, 2011
In all or any terms (personality, beliefs/values, appearance, etc.) for a person you are considering, like, or love?

I, personally, don't want to change for anyone as I find that very false. I'd like to remain true to myself, and if that means denying someone a closer friendship, so be it. The chances of me finding someone who can accept me for who I am are greater than if I actually give this person a chance see whether he's willing to adapt or I'm actually willing to change.

Thoughts? Personal experiences? 2 cents? This post is vague, thus all opinions, thoughts, notions, etc., are welcome.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrOrton: 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2011
OG how far?
Permit me to deposit! :-D
#topic
Well as for me, i'm not willing to change or paint a false appearance about who I'm all in the name of being accepted by a mere human being. Humas are imperfect, and one's personal sentiments shouldn't be used as a yardstick in judging or rating another person.
Its simple, accept me the way i'm or carry your busy body waka angry
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrsChima1(f): 12:04am On Feb 06, 2011
I like being my authentic self.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrOrton: 12:07am On Feb 06, 2011
^
Authentic In what sense?
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrsChima1(f): 12:09am On Feb 06, 2011
Why are you talking to me? Arrggh.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:10am On Feb 06, 2011
change ke , heck no only changes i wud make is change d colour of my weave  tongue
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrOrton: 12:15am On Feb 06, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Why are you talking to me? Arrggh.
Mrs, Chima I know you miss'd my company, miss'd yours too. dats why we both keep creating avenues for reconciliations.

@Badosky,
Omo sexy watsup?
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:18am On Feb 06, 2011
hey orty lala :Ddont derail d mamas thread but am sound boo
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrOrton: 12:23am On Feb 06, 2011
So to greet you don become crime
angry
**walks away feeling sad**
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:30am On Feb 06, 2011
awwh boo , boooo come for hugs ndo no mind me kiss kiss
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by ekubear1: 1:42am On Feb 06, 2011
You've got to change to some extent if you want a successful relationship. I dunno. I feel "accept me for me" is a bit of a copout.

Change isn't bad, if it leads to becoming a better person.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by obowunmi(m): 1:44am On Feb 06, 2011
Well said eku_bear.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 06, 2011
I just added a poll.

I was born in the US so some of my views are more liberal than the average Nigerian. I don't go to church either. This guy is asking too much of me in my opinion. I don't just believe in things because I want to, because I want to be different, or because other people are. I have and uphold my values because I've experienced some thing or some things; there is always reason behind it. I feel that what he's asking me to do is change my way of life to appease him and his parents. Quite frankly, I can't live a life like that.

I know some people are willing to change, either a little or a lot. If I have a flaw, then I'll say I have a flaw. Like someone said earlier, no one is perfect. If he was asking me to lose weight or cut my hair, then fine, that's physical and a discussion can follow lol. He has his beliefs and ideas. What he believes in doesn't bother me. Every day though, he's at me about my beliefs and values. I'm getting annoyed is all. I'm not copping out, trust me. I can look myself in the mirror and say I was wrong and correct a situation, but to change who I am in terms of mind and thought is unrealistic.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by iice(f): 5:24am On Feb 06, 2011
Nope.
Just because my views are different doesn't make me right or he/she wrong.
To understand is to know that, what may seem wrong to him/her is right for me and vice versa.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by ekubear1: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2011
ogugua88:

I just added a poll.

I was born in the US so some of my views are more liberal than the average Nigerian. I don't go to church either. This guy is asking too much of me in my opinion. I don't just believe in things because I want to, because I want to be different, or because other people are. I have and uphold my values because I've experienced some thing or some things; there is always reason behind it. I feel that what he's asking me to do is change my way of life to appease him and his parents. Quite frankly, I can't live a life like that.

I know some people are willing to change, either a little or a lot. If I have a flaw, then I'll say I have a flaw. Like someone said earlier, no one is perfect. If he was asking me to lose weight or cut my hair, then fine, that's physical and a discussion can follow lol. He has his beliefs and ideas. What he believes in doesn't bother me. Every day though, he's at me about my beliefs and values. I'm getting annoyed is all. I'm not copping out, trust me. I can look myself in the mirror and say I was wrong and correct a situation, but to change who I am in terms of mind and thought is unrealistic.

So in short, he wants you to go to church and do religious things X, Y and Z? Maybe abstain from A, B and C?

I still think life is about give and take. Trust me, you are going to end up making him do some boring @ss sh1t he doesn't want to do. But he'll end up doing w/o much complaining.

Basically, you'll end up changing a bit, but he will too. So long as everything is fair and even-handed, no wahala.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Africanqueen2(f): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2011
If Its a bad habit and not good for our health I'll definitely change.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by fstranger6: 8:04am On Feb 06, 2011
Tell him to get lost

You are too cute and too liberal to change for any one jare, after all, you were born in the US, and too sophisticated to change.

In times like this, you need Wande Coal. Next time he comes ate you , tell him to shove it, "who born the maga"

Is he Nigerian? Was he born in the US like you?

We need more info sweet heart. . . how old are you by the way?
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 06, 2011
Lol. Na you talk am ohh.

He is Nigerian, from Anambra like me but he was born there; I was born in California.

I don't want to say too much sha. Just venting as the thing really annoyed me today. I'm backwards. Some people have their hearts broken from break-ups and such. That one no be my wahala. Instead, my heart breaks when someone can't accept me for who I am lol. I'm very open anyway. It's wrong of me to expect such back but I do. Can't help it as I'm only human. I can tolerate most people anyway. I want to say I can tolerate anyone but I'll say most people before Mr. Cork & Co., bring wahala to my thread.

I'm old enough. No stress that matter abeg lol.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 06, 2011
anambra?

i thought you were edo, urhobo or itsekiri, from the name.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2011
@ topic

something the parties involved have to work out.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2011
Really? I'm Igbo dear, hybrid like some say lol. Dad from Anambra, momsy from Delta.

My poll is dead even sad
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by fstranger6: 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2011
ogugua88:

Really? I'm Igbo dear, hybrid like some say lol. Dad from Anambra, momsy from Delta.

My poll is dead even sad

Did you just call Tpiah dear?

Tpiah can give birth to you ten times over.

You need to be more respectful sweet heart!
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2011
fstranger6:

I can call anyone dear, regardless of age, gender, etc. Why you dey make noise?
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by fstranger6: 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2011
ogugua88:

I can call anyone dear, regardless of age, gender, etc. Why you dey make noise?

It is disrespectful and unafrican

You can call your teachers dear in Obodo-oyinbo, please dont do that here

PS: If your parents failed to teach you good home training, be rest assured I will teach it to you here and you will learn it by force by force, trust me young girl!
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by kaymoney2(m): 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
fstranger6:

aww laugh don kill me oo grin your comment made me remember some
yankee girls comparing 9ja parents to American parents on youtube  lol  grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jLOnRvZaE&feature=related
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2011
fstranger6:

It is disrespectful and unafrican

You can call your teachers dear in Obodo-oyinbo, please dont do that here

PS: If your parents failed to teach you good home training, be rest assured I will teach it to you here and you will learn it by force by force, trust me young girl!

Mechie onu. Parrot. Tpiah has not complained. When and if she complains, then I will retract the affectionate pronoun to which you have taken so much offense. Do not derail this thread any further.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
All this because I called Tpiah "dear"? Lol.
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by MrsChima(f): 10:47pm On Feb 06, 2011
A few hours ago, she was PRETTY. Now, she is manly?  

OP, ignore him.  He hates it!
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by kaymoney2(m): 11:03pm On Feb 06, 2011
@ Uncle Ajibola Akande aka Jaybee why deleting my post now there posts worst
than the one I posted here and you arent deleting them why
angry angry
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by fstranger6: 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2011
Jay beee

You've deleted my posts again

DID you not see where she insulted me

How is this fair to moi

You are getting on my nerves and dont let me go personal with you okay

Dont act like I dont know where you live

I am just saying!
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by Dsense(m): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2011
^^^Women are allowed to bash,insult and kick our azzes but we are not allowed to retaliate grin grin
So keep your mouth shut up. grin grin angry
Re: How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? by jaybee3(m): 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2011
Kay Baba
I only deleted it cos u quoted fstranger's post

@fstranger
please tone down all 'em insults. They are really uncalled for

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Sympathy Love Last? / Happy Birthday Wishes To My Wife. / (photo): I Need Somebody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.