Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:51 AM

I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) (1522 Views)

13 Interesting Facts About The People Of Mafa Ethnic Group In Nigeria / I Am Very Proud Of My Culture (nupe) / "Embracing My Culture With Pride" - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) by Jerrynduvna(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2020
The Mafa also called Mafahay, is an ethnic group localized in northern Cameroon, Northern Nigeria and also scattered in other countries like Mali, Chad, Sudan, Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone.
The Mafa belong to the Chadic language grouping.

My name is Jerry Nduvna from Madagali Local Government Area Adamawa State.
Mafa (Maffa) can be found in 2 Northern States of Nigeria (Adamawa and Borno State)
In Adamawa State Mafa can be found in 4 Local Government Area of Adamawa which are Madagali, Mubi, Hong and Michika L.G.A
In Borno State Mafa can be found in 4 Local Government Area of Borno which are Bama, Konduga, Mongonu and Gwoza L.G.A

Nduvna Means
Nduvna, meaning the final answer to all circumstances.

Names with meaning in Mafa tribe mostly used:
Wufe - Joy or Happiness
Cheaandev - Confident
Fiyndev - Patience
Doum Bee - Princess
Ngachgid - Success
Pishma - Blessing
Bay or Bee - King
Ndiya Gid - Victory
Nlebay - Praise
Rick Dee - Wonders
Maya - Wisdom
Waiva - Love
Pambi - Beauty
Hashakid - Bush
Chivid - Way

What People call my tribe and where Mafa can be found in Nigeria
Mafa can be found in 2 States of Nigeria Adamawa State and Borno State.

Unique rites and cultures about MAFA ethnic group

Hospitality
Mafa people are very simple and accommodating, they believed that a visitor/guest is a blessing to them.

Mafa wedding is a less stress ceremony, once the couples agreed to get married to each other, the father of the boy can now approach the girl’s parents to properly show interest in their daughter, if the girl’s parent accept their proposal then the parent of the boy can proceed to pay the girl’s bride price and some other traditional requirements which is compulsory such as Mugwudi and a big Ram.
And In other ways the boy and girl can run away which is part of the tradition

Food
The mafa food is finger millet and the soups are Mokotub, Kileb, Mishi, Shasheb and Lak Baldav. Mokotub is the highly recommended soup among the Mafa soups which is mostly served to kings or elders in any Mafa ceremony and also to visitors. Mokotub is said to be the most delicious soup amongst all the Mafa soups that is why the Mafa people don’t joke with Mokotub.
Mokotub is a very simple soup to prepare when you have your groundnuts, dried fish, Enough Meats, a little spinach and pepper. With other necessary ingredients for soup….. Am not a woman so this is the little I know about Mokotub soup.

Funeral
when a person dies in Mafa Land it’s a tradition that youths will dress in our cultural attire to moan the deceased
And before a deceased is granted funeral rites his/her family members and friends must meet to plan the event. Execution of their plan starts immediately after the meeting. drinks will be bought and Pap though it’s base on the clans this is just the little I know about my own clan (Vreke) we have other clans that does their own in different way like the Zhelehi, Gaibihi, Zaruahi and Gwadalai

One thing I like about my tribe?
Noble Character
What I don’t like about my culture?
Alcohol is a like a tradition to them which I don’t like and they believed so much in farming to the extent some of them don’t think out of the box.
What I wish people will know about my culture
I wish the whole world can speak my language because it’s so simple, sweet and makes a whole lot of sense and I also wish the world will know about our annual event which is called Marai.
Mafa Proverb
AVUGNA VUGNA Meaning “Unity Is Strength”

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) by Lawdis(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
How many wives them dey marry ?

grin grin grin

.....because I've fallen in love with what's happening there and your sisters

Re: I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) by Jerrynduvna(m): 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
grin grin grin grin Only one wife na
Re: I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) by gregyboy(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
Atiku come see your people from Cameron
Re: I Love My Culture (mafa Tribe) by Bitrusisa(m): 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Michika language
1:pathu
2:bogu
3:maka
4:fou
5:chufe
6:kwa
7:mulfa
8:tuksa
9:thuwi
10:mu'ngu
11:mu'ngu ghurpathu
12:mu'ngu ghurbogu
13:mu'ngu ghurmaka
14:mu'ngu ghur fou
15:mu'ngu ghur chufe
16:mu'ngu ghur kwa
17:mu'ngu ghur mulfa
18:mu'ngu ghur tuksa
19:mu'ngu ghur thuwi
20: bogusu
21:bogusu ghur pathu
30: makusu
40:foutsu
50:chufetsu
60:kwatsu
70:mulfutsu
80:tuksutsu
90:thuwitsu
100:aruh

(1) (Reply)

Tribal Marks And Female Circumcision / Yoruba Race's Culture On The Brink Of Extinction – Leaders, Monarchs / White Guy Shows Off His Nigerian Coat Of Arms Tattoo On His Chest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.