Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,155 members, 7,946,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy (6630 Views)

President Jonathan's Convoy Stoned In Yola During Campaign - BBC / Irate Youths Hurl Stones At Mimiko, Accuses Him Of Corruption / Hundreds Of Half Nude Women Throw Mud, Stones At Gov Yero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by squeeky: 10:06am On Feb 09, 2011
Judging by the majority of the posts on this thread it is obvious that every body is tired of GEJ's government.
This speaks volume to his supporters who cannot see reality.

GEJ cannot be trusted. As a leader who eats his own words.

BB for Naija no more no less, PDP should not dare even think of rigging cos the kwansikwensis is unpredictable.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Adanora: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2011
if they like, let them do what ever they want, Am Hausa man is always an Hausa man. Afterall what do u expect from an Hausa man. All I know who God has blessed no man can Curse. My President GEJ is Still and will always b on POINT.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by 10cirenoh: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2011
Adanora:

if they like, let them do what ever they want, Am Hausa man is always an Hausa man. Afterall what do u expect from an Hausa man. All I know who God has blessed no man can Curse. My President GEJ is Still and will always b on POINT.

I hope you're yet to have kids because with the way you sound, you're likely going to raise thugs and thieves as children.

How will someone with a head and brain say a man who just spoke senselessly is always on point? do you think at all? are you blind to the fact that AKALA alone is enough to push GEJ's word back into his mouth? ALL THE YORUBA RASCAL POLITICIANS ARE IN THE PDP AND AKALA TOPS THE LIST.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Muza(m): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2011
10cirenoh:

I hope you're yet to have kids because with the way you sound, you're likely going to raise thugs and thieves as children.

How will someone with a head and brain say a man who just spoke senselessly is always on point? do you think at all? are you blind to the fact that AKALA alone is enough to push GEJ's word back into his mouth? ALL THE YORUBA RASCAL POLITICIANS ARE IN THE PDP AND AKALA TOPS THE LIST.

una go kill pesin will laugh for this forum grin
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by maclatunji: 11:16am On Feb 09, 2011
BB Ticket= Blackberry Ticket? If na so e bi, let me have my own BB too nah.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by 10cirenoh: 11:46am On Feb 09, 2011
Yes, with them in power, you'll get a good job that pays well, then you can afford to buy a BB.

Vote wisely.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by rasputinn(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
squeeky:

Judging by the majority of the posts on this thread it is obvious that every body is tired of GEJ's government.
This speaks volume to his supporters who cannot see reality.

GEJ cannot be trusted. As a leader who eats his own words.

BB for Naija no more no less, PDP should not dare even think of rigging cos the kwansikwensis is unpredictable.

Sharraaap and stop squeaking,what do you call majority,when a couple of fellas become rampant on a thread,that doesn't constitute majority of anything my friend.
Hope you will vote for your blackberry on election day and not just mouth it
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Genbuhari3: 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
rasputinn,

we dey laugh oooo. at you of course. we will compare notes in april and see who is winning.

Pele, keep screaming there.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Nsiman(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
Go on, create more user names, come back here and tell ur blackbery that u are the majority so that he will look for paper back and fan themselves that they are leading on n.l opinion poll. My friend come and get the fresh air and stop wallowing in polluted air. Biko
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Nsiman(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
Go on, create more user names, come back here and tell ur blackbery that u are the majority so that he will look for paper back and fan themselves that they are leading on n.l opinion poll. My friend come and get the fresh air and stop wallowing in polluted air. Biko
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by namdo(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
Jonathan will win; not by rigging. i am not expecting him to win in all the states, otherwise the PDP is finished for real, after this i doubt if there would be another PDP president for a long while.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by vinmol: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
GEJ is fraud if am given the chance i will stone him to death, enof is enof, WE SAY NO TO BAD LEADERS!
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Wadeoye(m): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
Celebrating Progress Africa Nigerians cast your vote in this on going poll! Votes so far: Muhammadu Buhari 47.37%, Goodluck Jonathan 31.89%, Nuhu Ribadu 16.56%
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Genbuhari3: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2011
wadeoye

i can't find your link

funny enough

Nigeria's villagesquare has Buhari leading by 51%

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php?option=com_communitypolls&controller=polls&task=viewpoll&id=10%3Aif-2011-presidential-elections-were-held-today-whom-would-you-vote-for-&Itemid=1173

The pro-GEJ guys - we shall see in April! grin
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Beaf: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
CPC people have become the new face of almajiri in Nigeria.
The thing to do with thugs is, lock 'em up! cool

Anti-Jonathan Protests in Lafia -[size=14pt] Police Arrest CPC's Al-Makura[/size]
Hir Joseph and Misbahu Bashir
9 February 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nasarawa State CPC governorship candidate, Alhaji Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, was detained at the police CID office in Abuja yesterday over alleged involvement in the heckling of President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday in Lafia.

Al-Makura was earlier "invited" by the Nasarawa State police commissioner Wilfred Obute in Lafia, from where he was moved to the Force Headquarters in Abuja, over accusations that he was behind the jeers and pelting that marred the flag off of the PDP presidential election campaign.

On Monday, Jonathan's cavalcade was greeted with chants of 'Nigeria sai Buhari, Nasarawa sai Al-Makura' as they moved along the streets of Lafia towards the palace of Emir of Lafia, Alhaji Isa Mustapha Agwai. Crowds barricaded the major roads leading to the palace and pelted some vehicles in the president's convoy, chanting anti-Jonathan and anti-Doma slogans while praising CPC presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhari and Al-Makura.

Al-Makura is the major challenger to PDP's Governor Aliyu Akwe Doma in the April governorship election.

The police in Abuja yesterday confirmed the arrest of Al-Makura and some of his supporters for allegedly orchestrating the stoning of the president's entourage. Force Public Relations DCP Olusola Amore said, "He was arrested for allegedly organising the stoning of the entourage of the president, He is being questioned to determine his involvement in the case."

The Police did not say if they would charge the suspects to court.

Earlier yesterday, Al-Makura's campaign organization, Ta'al 2011, told newsmen in Lafia that the police commissioner invited the CPC governorship candidate in the morning for a meeting, after which the commissioner took him to the Inspector General of Police Hafiz Ringim in Abuja.

Director General of Ta'al 2011, Musa Illu Mohammed, told Daily Trust that upon learning of the planned visit to the Force Headquarters, "Al-Makura returned to his residence and picked his luggage to return to the police headquarters. He called me to inform me of the development that he was to be led to the IG; I don't know, but obviously it is for questioning because the commissioner told him that the invitation is because of the protest over the visit of the president to Lafia on Monday."

Illu denied the involvement of the campaign organization or its supporters in the anti-Jonathan protests.

He said, "As far as I know, nobody in CPC has anything to do with what happened in Lafia on Monday. Yes, some youths were raising posters of our candidate, according to newspaper reports, to show their support. As far as we are concerned, those were actions anyone can do; it must not be by somebody from CPC.

"We have never gone out to abuse anybody. We have been abused and attacked. But it will not be for too long before we too can begin to take necessary steps to address these issues." He vowed to seek redress in the court to fight what he called "continued persecution."

Reacting to the arrests, CPC national secretary Buba Galadima accused the police of targeting the opposition for no justifiable reason. Speaking on the BBC Hausa monitored last night, Galadima alleged that the police was also plotting to arrest former labour minister Hassan Lawal, who is now a CPC member over trumped up accusations. There was no immediate reaction from the police over Galadima's allegations.

Meanwhile, protests continued in Lafia yesterday as youths went round the town and defaced billboards of Jonathan and Doma. More than 20 such billboards were destroyed along Makurdi Road and Jos Road. Al-Makura's billboard was also destroyed.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201102090658.html
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Wadeoye(m): 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by POTUT(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2011
Muhammadu Buhari, hmmm isn't he the same man that truncated a certain democracy in December 1983.

Oh yes, ofcourse. He has come to truncate another one. Always his agenda.

Nigerians and their non-existent memory.

Our politicans now have stolen far more than they stole in '79-83. If we had another Buhari in the Army today, he would have served nine years as Military Head of State (2003-2011 and counting) by now.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Wadeoye(m): 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
@POTUT

Which democracy are you talking about? Was that democracy or lootocracy or "demonstration of cracy" as Fela will put it?

My brother, do you agree that corruption was perversive at the time Buhari overthrew the government? Do you agree with me that those policians were not governing but rather busy looting the nation's treasory? Do you agree that drug traffick, ers were are still giving Nigeria a terrible global image?

Things are even worse now because the current Nigerian leaders are not ready to fight all these acts. We have even heard of a president's wife trafficking drugs in our recent history.

Do you travel outside of this country at all and see the image we cut and how we are harassed daily at entry point of other countries? Even a small country like Mauritius will setup a special squard to search you once they see that you carry a Nigerian passport. Are these countries doing this because Buhari overthrew a civilian government?

Do you ever imagine what this country would have looked like if there is no corruption or at least if corruption is reduced to the bearest minimum? Are we in this situation because Buhari overthrew certified corrupt government? Do you even know the genesis of the coup and how Buhari got involved?

I keep wondering how some Nigerians think. You refused to look at all the issues above and kept looking at the negative side of a military government that was angry at the indescipline and recklessness on the part of the so called civilian government and there supporters.

What will you say about China, my brother? We need to grow up. We need to grow up if this country must grow.See More
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 10, 2011
Genbuhari3:

wadeoye

i can't find your link

funny enough

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php?option=com_communitypolls&controller=polls&task=viewpoll&id=10%3Aif-2011-presidential-elections-were-held-today-whom-would-you-vote-for-&Itemid=1173

The pro-GEJ guys - we shall see in April! grin

after casting my vote for buhari, he's now on 51.6%
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by juman(m): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2011
Rented crowd
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by rasputinn(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2011
Genbuhari3:

rasputinn,

we dey laugh oooo. at you of course. we will compare notes in april and see who is winning.

Pele, keep screaming there.

My friend,quit using that 'we dey laugh' lingo,it's been patented by OBJ.You compare notes with me grin grin grin grin,no wahala my friend
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Beaf: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2011
rasputinn:

My friend,quit using that 'we dey laugh' lingo,it's been patented by OBJ.You compare notes with me grin grin grin grin,no wahala my friend

Abi o! Patented, copyrighted, sealed! Trespassers will be prosecuted. cool
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by rasputinn(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2011
Genbuhari3:

enitan2002:

after casting my vote for buhari, he's now on 51.6%

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Holy Moses  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,you guys are still flaunting useless internet opinion pollswhen will you political infants and novices learn that the real politiking and opinion poll that counts is collatted on the battlefield not from the web where armchair politicians like GenBuhari and his clueless bunch oft like to rant bunkum
Speaking of which,I remember a certain alleged poll on the PDP website in which a certain Atiku Abubakar was purported to be leading the indefatigable GEJ(can you imagine)well,we all know who proved to be whose daddy
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by KBrown: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2011
They chose Nasarawa because they thought PDP is strong in Nasarawa just as the media has been saying that Jonathan will win in NC. I am sure by now, they know where they can expect  their so called bloc votes.

Another thing that people need to learn from this is , if the election is rigged in favor of PDP, it will be a disaster for this country. If people can show openly to a sitting president (with stones been hurled at him) that they dont want him, I am waiting to see who will dear rig their votes.

I know and I am sure, Buhari will not pay anybody to go and chase the Jonathan out of Nasarawa - people were only expressing their anger at the system. Nigerians should know that things like happen only where a person is not popular.

If you actually believe what you posted above, then you are gravely mistaken. All you need to over-shadow the effect of millions of peace-loving supporters of GEJ is to rent a few hundreds of cutlass and axe weilding ruffians. So it's too early for you and other Buhari people to conclude that he has won. Nigerians can be dogmatic in their follower-ship, otherwise, it would have been clear to many that if Buhari ever gets there as President, forums like Nairaland, saharareporters and others which people like Gbawe use freely to abuse GEJ will never be tolerated. WE FORGET SO SOON THAT THE MAN HATES THE GUTS OF JOURNALISTS AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION. DECREE 4 WILL BOUNCE BACK THROUGH THE BACK DOOR OF THE LEGISLATIVE HOUSES.
Every right-thinking Nigerians should cast their votes for GEJ. At least, he gives us freedom to express our views without being hounded to prisons. and he has listening ears.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by KBrown: 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2011
They chose Nasarawa because they thought PDP is strong in Nasarawa just as the media has been saying that Jonathan will win in NC. I am sure by now, they know where they can expect  their so called bloc votes.

Another thing that people need to learn from this is , if the election is rigged in favor of PDP, it will be a disaster for this country. If people can show openly to a sitting president (with stones been hurled at him) that they dont want him, I am waiting to see who will dear rig their votes.

I know and I am sure, Buhari will not pay anybody to go and chase the Jonathan out of Nasarawa - people were only expressing their anger at the system. Nigerians should know that things like happen only where a person is not popular.

If you actually believe what you posted above, then you are gravely mistaken. All you need to over-shadow the effect of millions of peace-loving supporters of GEJ is to rent a few hundreds of cutlass and axe weilding ruffians. So it's too early for you and other Buhari people to conclude that he has won. Nigerians can be dogmatic in their follower-ship, otherwise, it would have been clear to many that if Buhari ever gets there as President, forums like Nairaland, saharareporters and others which people like Gbawe use freely to abuse GEJ will never be tolerated. WE FORGET SO SOON THAT THE MAN HATES THE GUTS OF JOURNALISTS AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION. DECREE 4 WILL BOUNCE BACK THROUGH THE BACK DOOR OF THE LEGISLATIVE HOUSES.
Every right-thinking Nigerians should cast their votes for GEJ. At least, he gives us freedom to express our views without being hounded to prisons. and he has listening ears.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Wadeoye(m): 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2011
@KBrown 

I wasnt a kid at the time Buhari was head of state. It was only corrupt politicians like Imaru Dikko, drug traffickers, unscrupulous businessmen, and other people who were not law abiding that had it rough.

If ones father wasn't one of those hopelessly corrupt policians or a drug trafficker, I don't undertstand why somebody will oppose Buhari's ambition in a country that is being held down by corruption.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Muza(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2011
I just pray he has recovered from his bruises so that he will be in good health to hand over to Buhari in April.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by KBrown: 9:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
I wasnt a kid at the time Buhari was head of state. It was only corrupt politicians like Imaru Dikko, drug traffickers, unscrupulous businessmen, and other people who were not law abiding that had it rough.

If ones father wasn't one of those hopelessly corrupt policians or a drug trafficker, I don't undertstand why somebody will oppose Buhari's ambition in a country that is being held down by corruption.

I suppose you did not notice what I said about Buhari and the obnoxious Decree No 4. Since you were not a kid, then you must remember that Journalists were hounded to jail with no just cause. Has it occurred to you that much of the much-tauted incorruptibility claim of Buhari back then was because nobody, not a single one of the journalists would dare, in the face of Decree No 4 to dig deeply into Government affairs. Even discussions in private homes were done in hushed tones.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Genbuhari3: 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2011
kbrown

so when he left office, what stopped the journalists from digging? shocked Men, i have tried to ignore your post, but i can't again. and i know people like you that run your mouth would have also ended up in jail in 1983. that was what the happenings of those days deserved, not now, and the man has proved by sticking to democratic principles. how else do you prove that if he has contested in 2 elections without causing any crisis.

and you can give us fact on his corruption, the houses, the oil wells, companies, pls share.
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by KBrown: 10:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
the man has proved by sticking to democratic principles
shocked shocked shocked

Oh my God! Are you trying to issue Buhari with democratic credentials? Noooo way!
Someone who can not agree to stay in ANPP because of his rigid posture and after forming his own party CPC, nobody would dare, to even as much as, think of contesting the presidential primaries with him.
Not satisfied yet? Why do you think the ACN/CPC alliance failed?
Simple! Buhari can not and will never tolerate a second opinion. Is Buhari still you idea of a democrat? He is an undying despot!
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by Genbuhari3: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2011
i hear you. i wonder what you expect him to do when his own vice presidential candidate and ANPP decided to leave him at the supreme court to fight his case while the party went on to join Yaradua's national government. and i dont know if you of all people can go personally to court for 50 months to prove that elections were rigged. these are his democratic credentials, show yours oga or madam.

CPC is formed by his own conviction, on that platform he is more than convinced that his party will never stop supporting him.

He will never tolerate a 2nd opinion, yet he made success with whatever postion he has held in his life, minister of petroleum, nnpc chairman, ptf chairman, governor, GOC. funny enough, i have never heard of any one who worked with him and complained of his style. even our own dora worked with him in PTF!
Re: Nasarawa Protesters Hurl Stones At Jonathan’s Convoy by 10cirenoh: 12:59am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^

Do not relent abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Is World Bank’s Second Highest Paid Official, Says Report . / The Legacy Of Fashola's 8 Year Leadership In Pictures / Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.