Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas (26328 Views)

U.S Warns: We Will Retaliate If The ICC Arrests Israeli Officials (Photo) / George Floyd Buried In Houston (Photos) / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by 12inchess: 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
Heathrow44:
Many people don't really understand the trade war btw d US and China, China has made it known in both clear and unclear terms that it wants a seat at the G4 and share the seat on which US is presently sitting on!(World power), the US in 2012 didn't really need to think about China but over d last 4 yrs the threat of China overtaking the US as the new economic and military power of the world has been made known, the FBI director has also made submitted a damaging report to Washington and the pentagon on how China is winning the war of globalization and why the US needs to immediately respond to this threat immediately! China to me, has all it takes to be the world power but China isn't really a country that would be much accepted by Europe and US as a partner or ally both in business and sharing of intelligence, China is surely going to respond by closing a US consulate but I strongly doubt if it would be the Hong Kong consulate, I think they would take Wuhan or the chengen consulate as the good response! China isn't ready to start a war with the US but don't expect China to be bullied by US

The bolded is the myopic thinking that the entire world of almost 8 billion people revolves around western nations.

1 Like

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Topmaike007(m): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
mattfeuter:

Yep!

The first human confirmed cases of Covid-19 originated in Wuhan, China. Do you need proof of this?
and what is the evidence that China was the one that infected that one person
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by MrAkata: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Officialgarri:
I stand with China on this. China and Russia are never intimidated by the so-called Big brother who wants to do anything and still get away with it.

I remember when Nigeria increased their Visa fee (or something in that manner) US retaliated immediately by increasing theirs too. Being a coward shithole, Nigeria reversed the increase but America being a bully, refused to reverse theirs.. Yet, nothing happened because they are the "big brother"

Oga, please lie small small o. Even Frank Lloyd Wright didn't design and build upto 1800 homes. And how can you say you built structures that can never crack? Not everyone on this forum is a dunce o cheesy

Everybody likes rooting 4 China against the US. China wil NEVER a Nigerian as an equal. You will NEVER be seen as a Chinese. You will NEVER own property in China.

If the Chinese can steal IP, steal viruses from US laboratories. What do u think they will do in Nigeria unchecked ?

China cheerleaders lack common sense

4 Likes

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
opalu:
MY STORY
As a young boy studying Civil Engineering at the Federal Polytechnic, Idah, I received a bad news that a building collapsed in my town killing an entire family! That severe pain I felt burnt into my subconscious an eternal determination to end Building Collapse in Nigeria. So after graduating from the Polytechnic, I rushed to Federal University of Technology, Minna to earn my First Degree in Civil Engineering. When I was done again I went to University of Lagos and obtained my M.Sc in Structures and later became registered with COREN with the licence to design and build high quality structures that can never crack or collapse. Since then, my team and I have Designed, Constructed and Renovated more than 1800 houses in Nigeria. We are based in LEKKI, Lagos but we work all over Nigeria!

ENGR ABRAHAM OPALUWA
Get my number from my signature or my profile on Nairaland
all these pity pity story... you've constructed over 1800 houses? how many houses con they 9ja sef
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Olominira:
Chengdu consular office is likely to be closed. Closing the HK office would be extreme as suggested by Hu Xijin

Modified
As I suggested earlier the Chinese govt went for the consular in Chengdu. I was opportuned to know that city on my visit to China some yrs back.

I want to tell Nigerian youths today that, China is the World's first superpower to become prosperous on hardwork. UK, USA, France and largely all Europeans became wealthy by stealing, killing, slavery, manipulations, etc

They invade nations by dividing them, and then sponsor the greedy and inexperience oppositions to topple the govt. I don't need to remind you about Libya, Iraq, Venezuela etc.

I want Nigerian govt at all levels to understudy chinese success. It's a very good model to develop Africa. They would study your technology and innovate it. Chinese are brilliant and resilience. Africans have no reason taking side with anyone, everyone is fighting for their interests

Though there might be some modifications due to differences in terrain, if Nigeria can be run the way China runs it's government, we would be a world superpower too.
But Nigerians are having sentiments against China for no good reason.

2 Likes

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by earnit3: 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
Really
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
Olominira:
Chengdu consular office is likely to be closed. Closing the HK office would be extreme as suggested by Hu Xijin

Modified
As I suggested earlier the Chinese govt went for the consular in Chengdu. I was opportuned to know that city on my visit to China some yrs back.

I want to tell Nigerian youths today that, China is the World's first superpower to become prosperous on hardwork. UK, USA, France and largely all Europeans became wealthy by stealing, killing, slavery, manipulations, etc

They invade nations by dividing them, and then sponsor the greedy and inexperience oppositions to topple the govt. I don't need to remind you about Libya, Iraq, Venezuela etc.

I want Nigerian govt at all levels to understudy chinese success. It's a very good model to develop Africa. They would study your technology and innovate it. Chinese are brilliant and resilience. Africans have no reason taking side with anyone, everyone is fighting for their interests
You don craze
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by amanikondo: 12:42am On Jul 25, 2020
Olominira:

Modified

Now I know you are running Mad.

Should Nigeria starts to imprison millions of Muslims in Nigeria like Uyghurs Muslims that China imprisoned?
Should Nigeria starts organ harvesting of prisoners?
Can you trade your democracy for communism? Tell Nigeria to do that as well.
You claimed Chinese is brilliant but they have to:

1. Steal bullet train design from Japan
2. Steal fighter jet design from both the US and Russia
3. Bought Ukraine old Aircraft carrier using a third party company only for it to be turned to main Aircraft carrier for China.
4. Give COVID 19 without knowing how to build the vaccine.

Can you tell me any technology built by Chinese that changed the world? By the way I know one if you don’t.

China did not build is economy on hard work. It was built with western wealths i.e companies moving to China, Bill Clinton bringing China to join WTO and making them most preferred Nation, slave laborers and unfair trade practices.

Just shut up. Because you travel to Chinese village does not give you the expert and authority on this subject.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 25, 2020
amanikondo:

Should Nigeria starts to imprison millions of Muslims in Nigeria like Uyghurs Muslims that China imprisoned?

3. Bought Ukraine old Aircraft carrier using a third party company only for it to be turned to main Aircraft carrier for China.

Can you tell me any technology built by Chinese that changed the world? By the way I know one if you don’t.

China did not build is economy on hard work. It was built with western wealths i.e companies moving to China, Bill Clinton bringing China to join WTO and making them most preferred Nation, slave laborers and unfair trade practices.

Just shut up. Because you travel to Chinese village does not give you the expert and authority on this subject.
Can't you air your views without insults. And by the way democracy and communism are two totally different concepts.

1 Like

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 25, 2020
12inchess:

The bolded is the myopic thinking that the entire world of almost 8 billion people revolves around western nations.

Yes, Europe and the western nations has demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt that they are d leaders of the free world and modern civilization, yes western nations are to be respected in that regard, or if u don't think so, avnt u noticed that during this pandemic, many nations were looking up to the US to know their response and how to tackle d virus, or don't u knw the ncdc was using the US and UK model in tackling Covid 19 in Nigeria, if Africa doesn't revolve around a progressive nation like the western world, who do u think they should better off model I think u re too African for ur own good! That's ur problem.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by amanikondo: 4:43am On Jul 25, 2020
SegFault:

Can't you air your views without insults. And by the way democracy and communism are two totally different concepts.

Stupid comment attracts insults.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Olominira(m): 5:41am On Jul 25, 2020
amanikondo:

Use your brain, exactly what China is doing in Xingjiang is what Nigeria govt should be doing in Bornu long time. Xingjiang is very peaceful now, before it was bombing from markets to public gathering. Stay there with your western propaganda
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by amanikondo: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2020
Olominira:

Use your brain, exactly what China is doing in Xingjiang is what Nigeria govt should be doing in Bornu long time. Xingjiang is very peaceful now, before it was bombing from markets to public gathering. Stay there with your western propaganda
Argue with your Chinese propanga.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
amanikondo:

I wonder where you get your twisted stories from.

1. Japan's bullet trains were good but the Chinese upgraded it. Our igbo brothers are good at technology too, if they take Japanese Tech and upgrade why should I be angry that people from my country are making waves.

2. They took fighter jets design and made theirs I still wonder what's so wrong with that?, if Nigeria develops their technology the same way then run to US and Russia and report them.

3. I don't know what you read but the Chinese built their aircraft carrier themselves, try reading News from BBC atleast they're quite fair.

4. The Uighurs are not been killed as western media portray, do not believe lies because it suits the narrative of your colonial masters. They call it reeducation camps and it's working that's why you can't find terrorism in China, I don't know how it's your business, a country fought terrorism in it's own way, no bombings no killing of innocents but y'all are angry.
Tell me what does the Chinese government seek to gain from imprisoning Uighurs?, until you can give me a good answer then all you've said is questionable.

And lastly why won't communism be good?
The Chinese are doing well themselves, they have the highest number of middle class people all over the world, so what are you saying.

And if communism didn't work how did the first man and woman go into space?
Or you want to say communism copied your colonial masters when they couldn't even send anybody to space at that time.

Again the Chinese has historically been full of inventions, paper making and gunpowder were Chinese inventions before white colonialists came and stole it to start wars so they can steal resources.

And if you think the Chinese are copycats, who did they copy 5G technology from, is it you?
Because I don't know which country created 5G before them.

1 Like

Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
Heathrow44:

Yes, Europe and the western nations has demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt that they are d leaders of the free world and modern civilization, yes western nations are to be respected in that regard, or if u don't think so, avnt u noticed that during this pandemic, many nations were looking up to the US to know their response and how to tackle d virus, or don't u knw the ncdc was using the US and UK model in tackling Covid 19 in Nigeria, if Africa doesn't revolve around a progressive nation like the western world, who do u think they should better off model I think u re too African for ur own good! That's ur problem.

Free world?

That has waged wars, enslaved mankind and stole their resources, please give us another story.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Olominira:

This is misinformation. Trust me, you can always buy products with range of qualities and prices. Blame the importers. I have travelled to China myself and saw a lot of misinformation about them from western media. Besides, one of my best friends here is a Chinese lady.

China should be a good place to stay.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
Slimpotter:

Free world?

That has waged wars, enslaved mankind and stole their resources, please give us another story.

& u think China and Russia would give u the amount of freedom u re currently enjoying! In Russia, the president can just adjust d constitution and keep electing himself his like Stalin! That's wat Russia would encourage as world power, in China u don't even use d internet or talk freely against the communist party or xin jinping , u don't value the amount of freedom u av till u lose it!
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by MacPython: 12:53am On Jul 26, 2020
[2quote author=Olominira post=92039889]Chengdu consular office is likely to be closed. Closing the HK office would be extreme as suggested by Hu Xijin

Modified

I hope you have freedom of thought really! America made Chinese Economy, currently living in China felled for their charm and they aren't the best people to deal with.

The Modern society we enjoyed has America as it back bone, ATM machines in China still operating with American software , literally Microsoft developed China, I'm still be taught with American resources here.

We focused on American political crisis and demonize them while neglecting or belittling their efforts in bringing the ideas that has brought billions out poverty through capitalism, science and technology. You focused on Chinese posturing on technology, I laugh in Greeks when their political ideas starts I hope you will have fun.

Our paper democracy is the problem, rather than understudy China, we should have a hard look on US and Singapore , both are culturally diverse and migrate their challenges with our own uniqueness
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by MacPython: 1:10am On Jul 26, 2020
Slimpotter:

1. Japan's bullet trains were good but the Chinese upgraded it. Our igbo brothers are good at technology too, if they take Japanese Tech and upgrade why should I be angry that people from my country are making waves.

2. They took fighter jets design and made theirs I still wonder what's so wrong with that?, if Nigeria develops their technology the same way then run to US and Russia and report them.

3. I don't know what you read but the Chinese built their aircraft carrier themselves, try reading News from BBC atleast they're quite fair.

4. The Uighurs are not been killed as western media portray, do not believe lies because it suits the narrative of your colonial masters. They call it reeducation camps and it's working that's why you can't find terrorism in China, I don't know how it's your business, a country fought terrorism in it's own way, no bombings no killing of innocents but y'all are angry.
Tell me what does the Chinese government seek to gain from imprisoning Uighurs?, until you can give me a good answer then all you've said is questionable.

The Chinese are doing well themselves, they have the highest number of middle class people all over the world, so what are you saying.

Or you want to say communism copied your colonial masters when they couldn't even send anybody to space at that time.

Again the Chinese has historically been full of inventions, paper making and gunpowder were Chinese inventions before white colonialists came and stole it to start wars so they can steal resources.

And if you think the Chinese are copycats, who did they copy 5G technology from, is it you?

Quite an interesting argument bro, the west built the Chinese economy, the invent ink or paper so what? Who invented internet? Trains? Airplanes?

Our hard hearted � for the west is because the colonialized us and we have nothing to show for it, rather we assume all malpractice to their efforts, American ideas changed the world as it is now.

Chinese political challenges hasn't started yet , please stop romancing their way of life it is one way not diverse.

Don't mix science and politics.

Chinese is unique but can't be compared to what American has, Space X is recently example a private company sending man to moon.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by amanikondo: 2:47am On Jul 26, 2020
Slimpotter:

Chinese did not make the plane you fly in but gun powdered. grin grin. Is that the best Chinese invention that shaped the world?

Your last question just showed me your level of reasoning. It is not only Chinese that have 5G technology. Nokia and Siemens have. The 5G installation is already in the US and none is China installations(I know this because that is what I do).

As for the atrocities of China towards the Muslims, I will not dignify you with a research as you did not put a link to buttress your claim as well. Google is your friend.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 5:55am On Jul 26, 2020
MacPython:

Quite an interesting argument bro, the west built the Chinese economy, the invent ink or paper so what? Who invented internet? Trains? Airplanes?

Our hard hearted � for the west is because the colonialized us and we have nothing to show for it, rather we assume all malpractice to their efforts, American ideas changed the world as it is now.

Chinese political challenges hasn't started yet , please stop romancing their way of life it is one way not diverse.

Don't mix science and politics.

Chinese is unique but can't be compared to what American has, Space X is recently example a private company sending man to moon.

I disagree.
The Chinese built the Chinese economy, it is an insult for you to reduce their level of hardwork by giving credit to the west.
The only reason you see the west going to China is because of cheap labour and access to resources nothing else. Does cheap labour translate to economic build up?
You talking about private companies, the China is a communist state. There's more public owned than private owned companies.
That have made innovations too
https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/74915/the-tech-and-inventions-that-show-why-china-is-the-best-in-the-world.

While American ideas are a force, they're alot of ideas that changed the world before American ideas formed.
Science has it's bedrock in Europe, let's not just give them anyhow credit.

And I don't understand what you mean by political challenges, what challenges, have the government not been in charge for 70 years?, so what's the political challenge there.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 6:05am On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

& u think China and Russia would give u the amount of freedom u re currently enjoying! In Russia, the president can just adjust d constitution and keep electing himself his like Stalin! That's wat Russia would encourage as world power, in China u don't even use d internet or talk freely against the communist party or xin jinping , u don't value the amount of freedom u av till u lose it!

I don't know for Russia.

But as for China they have every right to do what they're doing.
Your idea of freedom is relative too.
The Chinese government has been so good to their people I wonder why one would want to talk against the government.
if not I don't see them limiting people's rights to live as they want or do as they like, but because the west has a form of democracy that works for them doesn't mean every country should copy them.
Go and tell that to Libya and Iraq that received American freedom.

You don't really know how the Chinese government work because you keep on reading reports from bias sources.
It's not that the Chinese people are complaining.

I'm still trying to understand where it is written that every country must be changing leaders like the west does.

How has changing leaders ever helped us in Nigeria?
We only know how to copy without looking for what will work for us.

Russia and China are prosperous and doing well, so if it works for them, how is it now America's business.

The queen of England has been there for decades but nobody's complaining, why won't they face Britain, after all she's part of the government.

And leave Stalin out of the discussion, he was the leader of the Soviet Union, if the party didn't remove him, how is it anybody's problem?
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 6:07am On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

And I don't know which of the China you're saying doesn't use internet, maybe you don't know what you talking about.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by MacPython: 9:00am On Jul 26, 2020
Slimpotter:

I disagree.
The Chinese built the Chinese economy, it is an insult for you to reduce their level of hardwork by giving credit to the west.
The only reason you see the west going to China is because of cheap labour and access to resources nothing else. Does cheap labour translate to economic build up?
You talking about private companies, the China is a communist state. There's more public owned than private owned companies.
That have made innovations too
https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/74915/the-tech-and-inventions-that-show-why-china-is-the-best-in-the-world.

While American ideas are a force, they're alot of ideas that changed the world before American ideas formed.
Science has it's bedrock in Europe, let's not just give them anyhow credit.

And I don't understand what you mean by political challenges, what challenges, have the government not been in charge for 70 years?, so what's the political challenge there.

U don't need to agree with me, Every country economy is backed by its people, sure they are hard work I attest to that, so like wise the West and Americans, since 1980 till date the west has been subsidising Chinese labour in other for them to be Democratic and has spent over $350 million dollars from 2000

https://www.everycrsreport.com/files/20160112_RS22663_a4799186b8f9d13d6a1889dc40bdeb5aa5a243e0.pdf

If China is the good as you claim why is Chinese students (360k) are studying in The US alone while mere 11k are studying in The US. Americans studying in China just for a year language course. Common sense will guide that they're Trojan horse.

Who built the Chinese firewall? Cisco systems. Their industrial revolution was built on American companies moving their supply chain and industries to China. The technology we use today, the internet we enjoyed, the banking system we operate is still from the west. Chinese are good in quantity not quality, Huawei CEO is using iPhone not his company's products.

On political challenges I meant, we have gotten use to western style of governance and has grown contempt for them, and we fantasies about China and their way of living. As one who has lived there, freedom is a precious gift that shouldn't be taken from man. There's no such thing in their society ,common sports they will block or remove a content that will show that then losing especially to an African.

Other countries trusted them so they can be developed, that doesn't meant they have to be a undermine other to show their strength, they're purely paper dragon .

Their economic was built on the backs of the west. The west provided the money and expertise, they produce and sold the premium back to west, and other quality to Africa and their people. This how they removed their people from poverty.

You bet you're using 90% us base app not Chinese.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by tony5(m): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2020
If the claim that China released corona virus then they are capable of doing worst. USA threat is empty, I expect them to be diplomatic in dealing with China....
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by tony5(m): 10:14am On Jul 26, 2020
amanikondo:

Chinese did not make the plane you fly in but gun powdered. grin grin. Is that the best Chinese invention that shaped the world?

Your last question just showed me your level of reasoning. It is not only Chinese that have 5G technology. Nokia and Siemens have. The 5G installation is already in the US and none is China installations(I know this because that is what I do).

As for the atrocities of China towards the Muslims, I will not dignify you with a research as you did not put a link to buttress your claim as well. Google is your friend.
if USA have already installed the 5g network ,why is USA fighting China when they launched the 5G network? And for your information, China is a big producer of basic households need in most country of the world including USA. Secondly, USA is owing China huge financial debt not to even talk of investment. I'm not saying this to justify China actions toward the global community but to remind you they have the power to deal with USA too
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2020
Slimpotter:

And I don't know which of the China you're saying doesn't use internet, maybe you don't know what you talking about.

Censored news, censored internet can't be compared to having the full version of the internet! Shey u know a lot of things is censored on China's internet space! Things that the communist people's party of China term as aggressive western influence, they hardly use google services, they use baidu and d rest that can't be the same as google in terms of more accessible information
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2020
Slimpotter:

I don't know for Russia.

But as for China they have every right to do what they're doing.
Your idea of freedom is relative too.
The Chinese government has been so good to their people I wonder why one would want to talk against the government.
if not I don't see them limiting people's rights to live as they want or do as they like, but because the west has a form of democracy that works for them doesn't mean every country should copy them.
Go and tell that to Libya and Iraq that received American freedom.

You don't really know how the Chinese government work because you keep on reading reports from bias sources.
It's not that the Chinese people are complaining.

I'm still trying to understand where it is written that every country must be changing leaders like the west does.

How has changing leaders ever helped us in Nigeria?
We only know how to copy without looking for what will work for us.

Russia and China are prosperous and doing well, so if it works for them, how is it now America's business.

The queen of England has been there for decades but nobody's complaining, why won't they face Britain, after all she's part of the government.

And leave Stalin out of the discussion, he was the leader of the Soviet Union, if the party didn't remove him, how is it anybody's problem?

Do u knw y Moscow has been stagnant till now, their economy isn't robust , they can only boast of military influence with their bombs and drones packed in armoury, the standards of living of the average Russian citizen hasn't improved their living wages hasn't improved in d last 4yrs, do u know y? Cos Putin doesn't really see Russia as a country that can compete on d global level economically, his vision of Russia isn't a one of a globalized Russia like Boris Johnson is trying to make the UK an independent entity not dependent on the EU like US, What Russia needs is someone that can sell Russia to the world as a country that isn't bad as the Americans paint them to be, that Russia can abide by international laws of human rights, that Russia has all it takes to wear a human face cos Putin is the one driving potential global investments to Russia cos of his stance! China's problems are quite many too and one key element is to try to be more accommodating of its Neigbours like Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and others, many countries around china don't like China cos of their bully nature that's y they are very comfortable with American presence in d south China sea and the Strait of Malacca! American presence and the presence of US troops in the Asia free trade zone is what is keeping China in check, if not I tell u China would've invaded Japan and Taiwan just as Russia invaded and carved out a part of Ukraine!
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

Do u knw y Moscow has been stagnant till now, their economy isn't robust , they can only boast of military influence with their bombs and drones packed in armoury, the standards of living of the average Russian citizen hasn't improved their living wages hasn't improved in d last 4yrs, do u know y? Cos Putin doesn't really see Russia as a country that can compete on d global level economically, his vision of Russia isn't a one of a globalized Russia like Boris Johnson is trying to make the UK an independent entity not dependent on the EU like US, What Russia needs is someone that can sell Russia to the world as a country that isn't bad as the Americans paint them to be, that Russia can abide by international laws of human rights, that Russia has all it takes to wear a human face cos Putin is the one driving potential global investments to Russia cos of his stance! China's problems are quite many too and one key element is to try to be more accommodating of its Neigbours like Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and others, many countries around china don't like China cos of their bully nature that's y they are very comfortable with American presence in d south China sea and the Strait of Malacca! American presence and the presence of US troops in the Asia free trade zone is what is keeping China in check, if not I tell u China would've invaded Japan and Taiwan just as Russia invaded and carved out a part of Ukraine!

OK, look at it this way.

Russia is doing better because of Putin. I'll tell you why. When the Soviet Union collapsed, alot of state owned businesses were seized by some oligarchs, Russia was doing poorly economically, it's not quite easy to transfer state owned businesses to the hands of private individuals, there'll be economic consequences, so Putin has atleast tried, and their weapons manufacturing is because of the legacy the Soviet Union left behind.
As for Crimea, even with western bias, the Crimeans voted to be annexed by Russia, so what's the fuss about, the west always claim to respect people's rights, the majority of the Crimean people voted to be part of Russia, why can't they respect that?

As for China, the US is in no way keeping China on it's heels, cause the Chinese military isn't afraid of the US military no matter how the media makes it seem.

The South China sea is an historically complicated matter, because the Chinese claims are both genuine and it also calls for revision.
It's genuine because, in ancient times the Chinese were the ones using it to trade and occupied the islands in the area that's why they claim rights to the South China sea.
It should be revised because the parts the Chinese are claiming are close to the coasts of the other countries laying claim to it, so in my opinion they can sort it out themselves without the US coming to use it as an opportunity to provoke the Chinese.
Meanwhile as for Taiwan it's funny they're joining other countries to claim parts of the South China sea, because the Chinese government still consider Taiwan as part of it's territory, before you argue this, go read on the Chinese civil war.

And as for Japan, if the Chinese want to invade Japan, I think it would be in their right.
The Japanese shouldn't be bragging after all the things they put China through.

Go read on the imperial Japanese invasion of China, even Korea too. The Japanese enslaved and killed alot of Chinese people for no reason, they just wanted to expand their empire.

So if we say we should start pointing at those who've done so much wrong you would understand that these people trying to trouble the Chinese people are also guilty.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

Censored news, censored internet can't be compared to having the full version of the internet! Shey u know a lot of things is censored on China's internet space! Things that the communist people's party of China term as aggressive western influence, they hardly use google services, they use baidu and d rest that can't be the same as google in terms of more accessible information

Yea I know they're censored but if you would try to understand what these people have gone through in the past, you would know why they take certain actions.

Chinese people still use vpns to access western internet, so it's nothing new, but they've learnt never to allow American tactics of destabilization destroy all they've worked for, so let them be.
Even at that the Chinese people can still access the internet but certain social media platforms that have been used to undermine the party leadership were banned and for good reason. They have 1.4 billion people to take care of, they don't need the west to turn their country into Libya and Iraq.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
MacPython:

U don't need to agree with me, Every country economy is backed by its people, sure they are hard work I attest to that, so like wise the West and Americans, since 1980 till date the west has been subsidising Chinese labour in other for them to be Democratic and has spent over $350 million dollars from 2000

https://www.everycrsreport.com/files/20160112_RS22663_a4799186b8f9d13d6a1889dc40bdeb5aa5a243e0.pdf

If China is the good as you claim why is Chinese students (360k) are studying in The US alone while mere 11k are studying in The US. Americans studying in China just for a year language course. Common sense will guide that they're Trojan horse.

Who built the Chinese firewall? Cisco systems. Their industrial revolution was built on American companies moving their supply chain and industries to China. The technology we use today, the internet we enjoyed, the banking system we operate is still from the west. Chinese are good in quantity not quality, Huawei CEO is using iPhone not his company's products.

On political challenges I meant, we have gotten use to western style of governance and has grown contempt for them, and we fantasies about China and their way of living. As one who has lived there, freedom is a precious gift that shouldn't be taken from man. There's no such thing in their society ,common sports they will block or remove a content that will show that then losing especially to an African.

Other countries trusted them so they can be developed, that doesn't meant they have to be a undermine other to show their strength, they're purely paper dragon .

Their economic was built on the backs of the west. The west provided the money and expertise, they produce and sold the premium back to west, and other quality to Africa and their people. This how they removed their people from poverty.

So if Nigeria was smart enough to study the tech of other countries and use it to develop themselves, is it a bad thing?

The way you people say it as if the west did them a favour. No business man will invest in another country if he doesn't know he'll maximize his profit, they saw cheap Chinese labour and went for it, they got what they want and the Chinese was wise enough to learn and improve their tech.
They've grown and are now being innovative themselves, so why the hate?
Why can't Nigeria grow itself using same method, if Nigeria was behaving the way the Chinese are why won't I support my country.

I'll tell you this, if it was Nigeria that rose to the second largest economy worldwide and starts threatening to displace US, I'm sure the US government would start placing sanctionsns on our leaders, just look at how Nigeria hasn't even achieved anything but the way South Africans and other African countries show us hatred, you would wonder how they would feel if Nigeria does better.
Re: China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas by Slimpotter(m): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
MacPython:

So if Nigeria was smart enough to study the tech of other countries and use it to develop themselves, is it a bad thing?

The way you people say it as if the west did them a favour. No business man will invest in another country if he doesn't know he'll maximize his profit, they saw cheap Chinese labour and went for it, they got what they want and the Chinese was wise enough to learn and improve their tech.
They've grown and are now being innovative themselves, so why the hate?
Why can't Nigeria grow itself using same method, if Nigeria was behaving the way the Chinese are why won't I support my country.

I'll tell you this, if it was Nigeria that rose to the second largest economy worldwide and starts threatening to displace US, I'm sure the US government would start placing sanctionsns on our leaders, just look at how Nigeria hasn't even achieved anything but the way South Africans and other African countries show us hatred, you would wonder how they would feel if Nigeria does better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Capitol Locked Down After Pro-Trump Protesters Storm Building / Kwabena Ohemeng Tinyaase Nabbed For Breaking Traffic Rules In Ghana / Putin Sworn In As Russian President For Fifth Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.