Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,968 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:07 AM

My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed (47047 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Man Crushed To Death While Attempting To 'Collect' Money From Truck Driver / Man Transports People With Fridge On A Flooded Road, Makes Money From Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by frubben(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

I will really appreciate if moderator can help push this to front page.

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

See another demand again, see my reply, see his reply.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I need your honest opinion.

Insults are welcome I promise I won't react to any insult.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry
i understand everything you going tru. I wont advice you to block dem bro, they will scatter your name with gossip, just go get another number and register it on whatsapp move your client from the old whatsapp to the new whatsapp. Abandon d old whatsapp for dem ( and please dont switch off recipent on the old whatsapp o so they can always see your last seen lol. ) den go ahead and enjoy your chat with friends and client that have sense on the new whatsapp line. Cheers. Life is simple

You can decide to b coming online on the old whatsapp one in 2 month. This is wat am currently doing and it works like magic. Pipo like your friends no dey ever dey call na because na cheap data dats why dem get finger to beg

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
People like this will never appreciate your help and it'll never be enough. If you remind them now that you've sent them a lot of money already, they'll say you've not sent them anything. That's Nigerians for you, ingrates! You should've put a stop to sending them money before it got to this point but it's not too late. Reduce communication or better yet, change your number and disappear! Tell your sister to also change hers.

Exactly. And when u fail to meet up some would even calculate how many months ago u sent them last. Like u owe them or they're ur responsibility. Some people have sh1t for brains really.. An ingrate will always wear u out if ur not smart enough to cut them off..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by XX01(f): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
Do what I do. I read the chats and not respond. If I have explained before, please don't send me more requests. I don't even bother with blocking. I read and delete the chat and go about my day. I give only when I believe the person is responsible. If you start with the emotional blackmail, I ignore forever.

4 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by MrMacinterchi1: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tatashi:
My brother who is based in Ontario abandoned his watsapp because of Nigerian friends. He codedly gave us his new instagram handle if we (family) must chat him up. It was madness.247 begging and these friends have jobs over here but just because you are abroad they feel greedy to ask. Mr Man, CUT THEM OFF!!! if tables were to turn, they wont send you money recklessly.yes I used the word "recklessly" because that is exactly Wat you are doing.

If you die today, they will still survive! They beg you for money, beg your sister, beg your wife for phone. One-day they will beg your wife for nudes. Just look how careless you are with your family members phone number.

Tell your wife to call them to raise any money they have because currently you are in police net/jail and they are trying to raise money for bail. Ohhh! I know you can't do that because your type can't stay off social media daily posting and show off.

lol lol lol lol lol...
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Kivaro(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dear OP,
It is actually incorrect to say that these friends are exploiting you. This is what is happening: You have assumed the role of a Slavemaster and your friends are the slaves. Slaves must depend on the slavemaster for their daily bread and the slavemaster must provide. If you had has set them free from thier slave-master mentally, things would have been different. The question you should be asking yourself is "Are you a slavemaster?" If the answer is yes, continue to do what you have been doing and meet the needs of you slaves, whether warranted or not. If you answer is NO, then set them free and live your life without being a slavemaster. There is no need to block their phones, or change your number. You cannot run away in this IT age. You just have to remember whether you are a slavemaster or not. All these complaints are useless, all empathy from Nairaland forum members will be short-lived. As long as you realize that you are no longer a slave master and do not need to meet any slave's needs, you will then have a rest of mind. The challenge is "Can you afford not to be a slavemaster?" your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Homguy(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry
you need to say the truth in this case, what do you owe them? Talk!!!
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Karlifate: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Fake story created for traffic.
Lemme just play along.

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by stonecoldcafe: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

in abroad.

cry

I hope you realize "special package" can be bought and used by both girls and boys. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by ikoroduarea: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
Beatswim:
I know u wrote this to hear what u want..my take is that God elevated u there for a reason..u are better than them..they need your help..Nigeria is hard to live.. Just do whatever in your capacity and stop saying they are milking u..it's your turn today and who knows tomorrow

I have been doing this for them for over 10 years. I ma not a stingy person. I have a very active charity foundation for the support of less privileged, which they've benefited from too many times. My wife had earlier recovered from sick shortly before the second time ease of covid19. My major problme is the pressure and contstant demands. Its not even up to 48 hoursi sent the senior one money before the younger one demanded for money for his shop again. Thank you for your concern. Like i said earlier, insults are welcome. Thank you everyone.

11 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Lawsaite: 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
I'm still trying to understand this mode of begging. Which one is God will help you, pls help us? I don't understand, channel of blessing or what? God, op believe me you, they are just seeing you as maga. Ahswear to God, no form of gratitude is in their heart whatsoever. They see it as billing you. They even have the guts to tell you how the money will be shared, you thief am

In the spirit of giving sha that God has bestowed upon you which i must commend, please EPP a real hustler. Like I'm sure if you EPP me , God will be genuinely happy. This your friends no mean well at all. I can be reached on WhatsApp sir if God happens to touch your heart concerning me.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Lawsaite: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:

I have been doing this for them for over 10 years. I ma not a stingy person. I have a very active charity foundation for the support of less privileged, which they've benefited from too many times. My wife had earlier recovered from sick shortly before the second time ease of covid19. My major problme is the pressure and contstant demands. Its not even up to 48 hoursi sent the senior one money before the younger one demanded for money for his shop again. Thank you for your concern. Like i said earlier, insults are welcome. Thank you everyone.

Please how do I contact the foundation please, I'm an orphan, things are bad
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Iceberg3: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
You anf your family better cut ties with them before they wreck you.
This is very dangerous cos by the time you and your family stop giving them money, they can harm you.
But you sha,you are too Stu..., sorry, whaddahell did you give them your sister's number?
@
Ikoroduarea
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by berbs: 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
What happened to the block button?
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Just tell them your mind because you are man enough to take drastic decision
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Crunchy12(m): 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Oga, it's because you are acting as God when you are not Jehovah Jireh. Stop giving them, nothing will happen!

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Galadimabawa: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
I was having the same issue, I later realized that there wouldn't be any time that I would certified them, if you like give them your last kobo today, tomorrow they will still ask you of thousands.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Cmanforall: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
What did I just read? Is it too hard for you sir, to say no to people over the phone?
It can be hard to say no for some people.
I am trying to learn that

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Elsiedaniels(f): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Okay.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Kivaro(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
Cmanforall:

It can be hard to say no for some people.
I am trying to learn that

You have assumed the role of a Slavemaster and your friends are the slaves. Slaves must depend on the slavemaster for their daily bread and the slavemaster must provide.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Joiedevivre: 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

cry
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
wat did i fucking read

chai!! OP i'm so sorry. U may be older than me but i can't resist the urge to call u a fool. A big one.
U may not be a fool but they turned you to one.. Damn.. E pain me say u looseguard reach this level. Imagine how they'll always see u as maga when u send dem money... Sense!!!! Receive it

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by fredoooooo: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
On shiere ni , omugo afofun gbemu .. those are your enemies not friends grin
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Agbebakun22: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Egbon u sure say those ur friends never carry u as maga, Naija people once u give them once forget my broda na cash cow u don be so... Bro run fast like cheetah from them before they wreck u.. If u get u fit give dem but no every time
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by omoadeleye(m): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
The funny aspect of this is that those guys requesting money from you every time are living the life you yourself can't live.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Mohbadd: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
If you give out money based on emotions and pity alone omo you go poor.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
I just uploaded another video on youtube ,please subscribe, share and like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJkXthdSfI
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Onlinebar: 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
The people you are trying to please will still leave you
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Gab25: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
Na wa
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Empiree: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,
Are you on YouTube?. You need to watch lots of PHRANKLEEN's videos. Then you will make the right decision.

Just tore his name and subscribe. You will watch lots of iriri aye on his channel. Your situation is nothing. I will advise you to watch "Stop Giving Family & Friends Money If You Live In Diaspora"

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Gab25: 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
Side hustle. Make u no go dey ask for money like him friends
post adverts Get paid weekly chat up
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Hormonhyee93: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
yeah it's hard for some set of people,never blame them,they are just this kind of people who pity people even to their disadvantage buh my honest advise is tell them in person you ain't feeling those vibes instead of ruining friendship of many years,I Kno they are negatively exploiting their chances buh we don't Kno what
tomorrow holds for anyone.......you have done your best buh my candidature advise is that you make sure you bring one of them to the state if that's where you reside so that they Kno the pains you are going through daily,and once again.....please don't block or unfriend them,it's not worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adatan, Abeokuta Flooded, People Dead, Car Swallowed, Chinese Company Blamed / Driver Jumps Out Of His Burning Jeep In Cameroon (Photos) / Aba Road Umuahia.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.