Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki (33331 Views)

Ganduje’s Chief Of Staff, Ali Makoda, Resigns, Dumps APC & Joins NNPP / PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by madridsta007(m): 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
CGMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1359528/edo-guber-poll-obasekis-close-ally-atu-resigns-dumps-governor/

Reminds me of the resignations that Boris Johnson forced through last year, weedding out spies and saboteurs.

He went on to win the UK General Elections.

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by biGwal(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
I used to say, this Edo State election is gonna be 50/50 ooooo
Buh as it is now....its 40/60
40 for Obaseki
60 for Pastor

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by allthingsgood: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
Maple51:
Ewoo. Is like they don dey run from Governor last minute o. Politicians can never be trusted. I wish Obaseki good luck though, if for nothing at least to demystify the notion of god-fathers mindset in Nigeria

For less than your sub money, learn to build any kind of website with WP (#1,999) and start building websites in 2 days! Click my name for details

Demystify what biko How did he get pdp ticket, no be godfather
Nigerians can swallow trash sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Hoelujohn: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
Esseite:
After they would say Obaseki did not give Oshomole slots...
he practically gave them slots at the detriment of his government, despite that Oshomole still wanted a grip on the State assembly to checkmate the Governor while assuming total control..

Who leaves their job in present day Nigeria, if not Godfather loyalists?
Use brain small na. They are APC members and they have to resigned to still maintain their party

6 Likes

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by bigfish3k: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dansuqi:

Did he resign or not? Does such an aide exist or not
But do not describe him as an ally of obaseki . He has resigned to go and meet his real allies
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Dansuqi: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

But do not describe him as an ally of obaseki . He has resigned to go and meet his real allies

It is a bad omen.no one will abandon a potential winner

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by afesco: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
B4 September 19, maybe na only him n his deputy go remain for his cabinet because many of his aids fit dor resigned

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Austino50: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Those who the gods wants to kill, it makes them mad first, Obaseki is obviously mad as all can see now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Doyin2:

Rubbish talk.

Control the state assembly by insisting on doing proper inauguration?

It is by mid night they did your own state assembly inauguration abi?

Even the national assembly and senate passed a resolution for Obaseki to do the proper thing,he refused.

Those who still think Edo politics is about godfatherism and not about a stubborn,deceitful and antiparty governor,should go for brain reset.

Obaseki has sold the very deceitful slogan of fighting godfatherism to so many fools like you.

How exactly is Oshiomole playing godfatherism in Edo?

This question remains unanswered till date.

If they never had ulterior motive, why then did they abscond with oshomole to live in Abuja hotels for over 6 months, leaving their people whom they were supposed to represent...?

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by highskies(m): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
Esseite:

"Single-handedly", the people whom voted are all mannequins?

Going by your analysis, could it still be called democracy or imposition?

Good day sir/ma

What exactly is your point? Are you are Nigerian or why are you asking questions like a westerner?

I get your point but you are simply stating the obvious.

"Singlehandedly" right? If that is your bone of contention, you already know what the word means within the ambit of Naija Politics.

Have a nice day. Cheers mate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hoelujohn:

Use brain small na. They are APC members and they have to resigned to still maintain their party

Which goes to show, to them, the interest of APC supersedes that of the people.
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Doyin2(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Maple51:
Ewoo. Is like they don dey run from Governor last minute o. Politicians can never be trusted. I wish Obaseki good luck though, if for nothing at least to demystify the notion of god-fathers mindset in Nigeria

For less than your sub money, learn to build any kind of website with WP (#1,999) and start building websites in 2 days! Click my name for details
Those who still think Edo politics is about godfatherism and not about a stubborn,deceitful and antiparty governor,should go for brain reset.

Obaseki has sold the very deceitful slogan of fighting godfatherism to so many fools like you.

Or is it by insisting on proper state Assembly inauguration and party supremacy,in tandem with national assembly resolutions?

5 Likes

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
highskies:

Good day sir/ma

What exactly is your point? Are you are Nigerian or why are you asking questions like a westerner?

I get your point but you are simply stating the obvious.

"Singlehandedly" right? If that is your bone of contention, you already know what the word means within the ambit Naija Politics.

Have a nice day. Cheers mate

You have already surrendered to the manipulation of Nigerian leaders, you have assumed yourself powerless even before kickoff..
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Doyin2(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Maple51:

Or is it by insisting on proper state Assembly inauguration and party supremacy,in tandem with national assembly resolutions,ignored by the same Obaseki?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Dpaulie(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
He’s not a close ally but a useless and defeated fool, a close ally stay with u, come shine, come rain!!
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
As water recedes,the proverbial fish is being exposed by each day ! Omi ti n'tan leyin eja Obaseki !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Confirmedzombie: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Instead of obaseki to focus on grassroot and campaign he is busy fighting osho.

Obaseki is banking on Wike, okowa, Tambuwal and PDP from other states to give him votes.

A good politician who understands the game knows obaseki cannot win this fight.

Wike is not from Edo state and has no powers of his own to do any gra gra in Edo state.

He can be shot or attacked and he will have himself to blame as he is not a contestant.

I wonder if the Igbos that hail obaseki will give him vote.

I support obaseki but i dont see him winning this fight

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by promotervickky(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
AlabiJ:
Why are they all dumping Obaseki?? Is he that bad?

They were not for him in the first place, they are all for the money(EDO-MONEY).
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by ospido: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Esseite:
he practically gave them slots at the detriment of his government, despite that Oshomole still wanted a grip on the State assembly to checkmate the Governor while assuming total control..

You understand?
One is Oshiomhole brother,one is from Ize-Iyamu L.G.A and the 3rd from Esan all were Oshiomhole's men.
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by danilmo: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Where is that damn nigga isoright boy. grin
I think this Atu guy is now a real Nigga o...grin

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Gbilo20(m): 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Political move.
Funny people everywhere
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by blakkydikky(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
madridsta007:

Reminds me of the resignations that Boris Johnson forced through last year, weedding out spies and saboteurs.

He went on to win the UK General Elections.
And let me remind you that Nigerian politics and UK politics are not working on the same line and how UK practice their own politics is different from Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Starberg(m): 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
Some Nigerians are crazy. Obasiki is the winner.
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by RichBoy247: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nairaland e-voters, I hope you are read to vote for the ugly Obaseki because the way things are going, Obaseki's wife and children will soon cross over to APC leaving only Obaseki, Wike, Atikuchukwu and Nairaland jobless e-voters.

3 Likes

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by tesppidd: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
OPPPS:

Use your sense for once. The slot Obaseki is holding as a Gov was singlehandedly handed over to him by Oshiomole
Knock out!

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by duwdu: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Oshiomhole is an evil man.
He should be banish from the state

Oba of Benin please

Lol. gringringrin

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by flow03(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
It is normal in Nigeria politics when election to on is approaching you will see thousands of people defecting from one party to another just to guide their personal interest.
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by bigfish3k: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dansuqi:

It is a bad omen.no one will abandon a potential winner
It depends on the coefficient of your loyalty.
Mama Taraba abandoned Bubu for Atiku
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by emkz: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
lexy2014:

What is d advise u were advising d governor?

Do you have a problem with reading or a problem with comprehension?

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by bigfish3k: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
blakkydikky:
And let me remind you that Nigerian politics and UK politics are not working on the same line and how UK practice their own politics is different from Nigeria..
We practice crude politics and the APC youths are in support
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Adayi1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
Esseite:

Obaseke have no structure of his own in apc b4 he became gvnor, they are all oshiomole's and only few have shift their loyalty

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Dansuqi: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

It depends on the coefficient of your loyalty.
Mama Taraba abandoned Bubu for Atiku

I agree,thank goodness you said coefficient.its not just about loyalty but joining the winning party and following the tide.the momentum and tide is with pastor..

Looking at mama taraba,she has always been an atiku loyallist,she never hid it.she was denied the apc ticket and therefore had to defect.. She's the only aide of buhari that actually defected not really for atiku but for governorship but under obaseki,over 5p aides and counting have defected.mind you after saraki,atiku and 15 senators defected,no other major personality defected.ultimately,there were more defections to apc than to pdp.but no major defections from pastor camp. .
My brother obaseki will lose this.apart from defections,other indicators are going against him..he has little or no allies compared to oshio and pastor

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Governors Angry Over Shettima's Selection As Tinubu's Running Mate / Text Of General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech in 1985 / How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.