Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,248 members, 7,947,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing (945 Views)

Politics:soyinka Visits Sunday Igboho In Benin Republic / Psalm 33: Amaechi Turns Singer, Releases Gospel Song Featuring Wife (Video) / Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
Pen/Politics: Soyinka Novels looks like someone smoking psalm 35 while writing..

He Is just writing like someone in another world under the influence of goof..

If you ask him, he will say he is writing for the elites but in actual sense he is writing for people that are always high ( Uncommon weeders).
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

Shut the fûck up man. Because you do not have the mental capability to grab what he writes doesn't make him what you described.
Daddy's books are meant for the intellectuals..
Only in his books will you find words that has smell and colour

That doesn't in anyway save Soyinka rather you added to his burden of problems as someone that is more of politics and writing what the whites thought him..

He made English language a jest and if not for other writers the likes of him would have ridiculed literature in Africa and place the subject to Nothingness.

I doubt if he is normal while writing..
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by ajailer(m): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
I doubt if you will be able to achieve a quarter of what Kongi has achieved in your life time OP. So why the hatred?

Could it be because Achebe was not honoured with a novel prize and Kongi was?

Hatred is your soulmate OP.

3 Likes

Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
ajailer:
I doubt if you will be able to achieve a quarter of what Kongi has achieved in your life time OP. So why the hatred?

Did I mention Achebe in my post or did I attach Soyinka Nobel prize to my post..

Moreover, winning noble prize doesn't make one the asiwaju of African literature...

Maybe the person u r defending is writing with pain and not confidence.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by illicit(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
Try to read his comedy, u need a dictionary to know where to laugh lol
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
illicit:
Try to read his comedy, u need a dictionary to know where to laugh lol

When no message is passed or virtualized.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by illicit(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

When no message is passed or virtualized.

He writes under influence tho except " the man died"

Wrote it in prison, so it wasn't complicated like those he wrote in his free time
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by ajailer(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Did I mention Achebe in my post or did I attach Soyinka Nobel prize to my post..

Moreover, winning noble prize doesn't make one the asiwaju of African literature...

Maybe the person I defending is writing with pain and not confidence.

you have been searched out and exposed. Your opinion is inconsequential. you have the disease of both hatred and envy in your heart and it looks incurable.

Achebe's (during his lifetime)animosity towards Kongi was actually amusing, which people generally knew about and it destroyed his soul, why tow that path. If I were you, I'd rather take the position of a spectator.

You can't take it away from the two guys that they are both great names in the literature world so hail them both rather than disparaging any one of them cos of your tribal tendencies.... no one is perfect nigga.

1 Like

Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Ikeast(m): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
OP you are right.i av notice it tho,but kept it to my self....
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
ajailer:

you have been searched out and exposed. Your opinion is inconsequential. you have the disease of both hatred and envy in your heart and it looks incurable.

Achebe's (during his lifetime)animosity towards Kongi was actually amusing, which people generally knew about and it destroyed his soul, why tow that path. If I were you, I'd rather take the position of a spectator.

You can't take it away from the two guys that they are both great names in the literature world so hail them both rather than disparaging any one of them cos of your tribal tendencies.... no one is perfect nigga.

Soyinka is more of politics while achebe is true to his pen.

Bringing achebe in comparison to Soyinka is an Insult to the late sage of blessed memory.

By the time Achebe and his Co were leaving higher institution that was when the likes of Soyinka entered the system with cultism..
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ikeast:
OP you are right.i av notice it tho,but kept it to my self....

God bless you.

Let's always strive to say the truth at all times.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Dedetwo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
Only a dumb African put more worth on the so-called Nobel Prize which has become a tool of oppression. People from solid countries have out rightly rejected the crap. I know that Achebe would have equally trashed it.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dedetwo:
Only a dumb African put more worth on the so-called Nobel Prize which has become a tool of oppression. People from solid countries have out rightly reject the crap. I know that Achebe would have equally trashed it.

Not only that, Achebe honorably rejects that of nigerian Government also.

He is sage, you know.

I once argued that achebe should be addressed as Osagyefo Professor Chinua Achebe..
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Malawian(m): 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

Shut the fûck up man. Because you do not have the mental capability to grab what he writes doesn't make him what you described.
Daddy's books are meant for the intellectuals..
Only in his books will you find words that has smell and colour
You are right, but no one has the mental capacity to grab what he writes, neither Soyinka himself or mental capacity itself.
That is why the whites gave him Nobel Laurette. Even they couldn't grab what he was writing, and that fact alone was worth a nobel Laurette.

1 Like

Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Ikeast(m): 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

God bless you.

Let's always strive to say the truth at all times.
Here in NIGERIA we hate truth that's why....

1 Like

Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Dedetwo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
ajailer:

The so-called Nobel Prize was a joke and oppressive tool. After Chinua Achebe critical response to Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness in 1977 as idiotic display of racism, the committee of so-called Nobel Prize whose father of racism in Joseph Conrad has been hammered by Achebe turned around in 1986 and awarded Nobel Prize in literature to a playwright named Wole Soyinka as a slight against Chinua Achebe. It very funny nobody outside Yari.ba land knows Wole Soyinka as writer talk less a novelist.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dedetwo:

The so-called Nobel Prize was a joke and oppressive tool. After Chinua Achebe critical response to Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness in 1977 as idiotic display of racism, the committee of so-called Nobel Prize whose father of racism in Joseph Conrad has been hammered by Achebe turned around in 1986 and awarded Nobel Prize in literature to a playwright named Wole Soyinka as a slight against Chinua Achebe. It very funny nobody outside Yari.ba land knows Wole Soyinka as writer talk less a novelist.

Thank you..

Joseph Conrad heart of darkness..

Achebe countered it so well.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Mo3891: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
cool

Ipobians truly want this 2023 Presidency. See dem go all full throttle... Tinubu, Osinbajo and now Soyinka.. criticism out of pain and hate

4 Likes

Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by ajailer(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dedetwo:

Envy and tribalism is a disease of the soul. Purge yourself from it first before I can take your words seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Anyiamaka: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Who get the lion and the jewel or any other work of Soyinka in PDF format? Abeg share with me.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by ThatFairGuy1: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
[s]
MelesZenawi:
Pen/Politics: Soyinka Novels looks like someone smoking psalm 35 while writing..

He Is just writing like someone in another world under the influence of goof..

If you ask him, he will say he is writing for the elites but in actual sense he is writing for people that are always high ( Uncommon weeders).
[/s]
What should we expect of children of hate and perdition!
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Dedetwo(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
ajailer:

Envy and tribalism is a disease of the soul. Purge yourself from it first before I can take your words seriously.

There is no envious or tribal disease in my response. Nobel Prize is not the end point of the world as many folks have dropped the Nobel Prize into the trash can.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Officialgarri: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

That doesn't in anyway save Soyinka rather you added to his burden of problems as someone that is more of politics and writing what the whites thought him..

He made English language a jest and if not for other writers the likes of him would have ridiculed literature in Africa and place the subject to Nothingness.

I doubt if he is normal while writing..
Instead of trying to prove you wrong, how many of his books have you read?
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Officialgarri: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dedetwo:

Ignoramus quoting ignorance. Chinua Achebe is a good writer but never had what it takes to be a nobel laureatte.
Check the criteria for nobel in literature and see for yourself that Achebe only had one out of three.
No doubt that apart from ignorance, you still battle with hate stemmed from tribalism.

Let me also add that when Soyinka won the award, so many people from different countries came to him to ask what they could do to win the award?
It looked more like a joke to him as he laughed. The award isn't politics.
You earn it. Achebe can never win it.
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Guestlander: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
One word: NOBEL
Re: Pen/politics: Soyinka Novels Looks Like Someone Smoking Psalm 35 While Writing by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

Ignoramus quoting ignorance. Chinua Achebe is a good writer but never had what it takes to be a nobel laureatte.
Check the criteria for nobel in literature and see for yourself that Achebe only had one out of three.
No doubt that apart from ignorance, you still battle with hate stemmed from tribalism.

Let me also add that when Soyinka won the award, so many people from different countries came to him to ask what they could do to win the award?
It looked more like a joke to him as he laughed. The award isn't politics.
You earn it. Achebe can never win it.

I should have honoured you with aa reply if anyone knows who is soyinka back then.

So no need.

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Atiku Told To Back Off, As Northern Politicians Get Commendatio / BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Lawmaker When Returning From PDP Congress / Farooq Kperogi: I'm Shocked People Are Shocked By NLC's Treachery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.