Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,150 members, 7,946,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (19343 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
Kadabra_05:

ehen, by saying that an igbo man can lead if he understands the culture , now u r talkn. its just your opinion seemed a bit biased.

It was never biased about it, it is only normal if we want to avoid conflict. I have always said I ( I do not know about the Aworis oo) would not mind an igbo or hausa that understands the language and culture to rule.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Kadabra05: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2011
ok ok guy, fair enough. ur words were mistaken.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Kadabra05: 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
Jason 123 could u pls teach me smthn' ? how do u 'quote from, ' like u have done in ur post just now. honestly, it will make things easier for me, when posting stuff.
thnxs in advance. smiley
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
Kadabra_05:

Jason 123 could u pls teach me smthn' ? how do u 'quote from, ' like u have done in your post just now. honestly, it will make things easier for me, when posting stuff.
thnxs in advance. smiley

You just need to click on the "insert quote" and it will work. The link is on the top right corner of the quote you want to reply to.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Kadabra05: 9:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
jason123:

You just need to click on the "insert quote" and it will work. The link is on the top right corner of the quote you want to reply to.

got it. thnxs!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2011
Kadabra_05:

got it. thnxs!
cool
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by asha2: 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
jason123

Rhinodm said in his post that the government in rivers state has not signed C of O of any land since 1999 and not that the rivers state government are not selling lands to igbos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by o3rice: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
what an incredible idea, @ least every 1 would share sum of his billions. grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by fstranger3(m): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
o3rice:

what an incredible idea, @ least every 1 would share sum of his billions. grin grin grin

I have never seen a more stupid post in my life

Are you Ibo?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
It seems d billionaire is warming up to d idea, I can tell from his demeanor. Get close & cozy to d ruling party & they would move mountains for u.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by richylaw(m): 12:00am On Feb 18, 2011
Is this meant to be a new political strategy to launch a preliminary campaign, Just wondering
or does it mean that the poster believes being a millionaire ordains you in the lineage of Lagos governorship.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Jarus(m): 12:20am On Feb 18, 2011
Dangote is too big to be a governor.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem11(m): 12:26am On Feb 18, 2011
Jarus:

kwara man what do you think about the topic grin grin

i what to know jarus
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 6:40am On Feb 18, 2011

I guess Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is too big to be a Mayor despite been a billionaire. You have to understand Mayor Bloomberg would rather be d Mayor of NYC than be d Governor of NY State. People run for office to protect their own intrest moreso a Billionaire who has made his money in that particular City.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by basadenet: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
Can any Yoruba Man contest or Rule in any part of the Northern State? Answer is Capital lNo. so what inform or what is the basis for him contesting or be a Governor of Lagos. Nothing, My advice to Dangote is to go back to his native state and try it out there, so if he wins, good for him and his people. And if the poster is an associate of Dangote, appointed to carry opinion poll, i will advise that he goes out to the street to find out, rather coming to bother NL members. This post to be removed immediately.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2011
Igba wo lawon were yi ma to gbon. Ti won ba bi babanla baba yin, e nowo soke fun governorship. Iya yen a poju.

God bless the non-yoruba i.di.ot that decides to waste his hard earned wealth on elections. You will be remembered just like Dele Momodu as the one-vote man.

Frankly, as someone said earlier on one of the posts, Lagos is the one place where yorubas can shed their dialects and mix. as such, it has more significance than just being a trading center. It is now a major part of our psyche and not to be trifled with.

Cry foul all you want about nigeria being retrogressive but the fact is that I have not seen a chinese of african origin holding any political post or a black prime minister in Japan. That's not happening anytime soon even if you make billions as sole spare parts marketer to toyota.

KnowAll:

I guess Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is too big to be a Mayor despite been a billionaire. You have to understand Mayor Bloomberg would rather be d Mayor of NYC than be d Governor of NY State. People run for office to protect their own intrest moreso a Billionaire who has made his money in that particular City.

Stop using examples from a nation of immigrants. they are all newcomers and no one has more claim than the next over there. We Yorubas have been living here (the awori have been there for centuries) for centuries and should be respected.

The onus is on the stranger to be civil at least and not try to collect the morsel from the homeowners mouth.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2011
Stop using examples from a nation of immigrants. they are all newcomers and no one has more claim than the next over there. We Yorubas have been living here (the awori have been there for centuries) for centuries and should be respected.

The onus is on the stranger to be civil at least and not try to collect the morsel from the homeowners mouth.

Lagos is not different from Accra. Accra once used to be Ga Tribe territory today, the ashantes from central region in Ghana have over-run the city and are now controlling every facet of that city except of course the Traditional Kingship. Democracy is a numbers game, if the Yoruba population keeps on dwindling that opens avenue for all other tribes to run for office. All I would say is " Never say Never".
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2011
KnowAll:

Lagos is not different from Accra. Accra once used to be Ga Tribe territory today, the ashantes from central region in Ghana have over-run the city and are now controlling every facet of that city except of course the Traditional Kingship. Democracy is a numbers game, if the Yoruba population keeps on dwindling that opens avenue for all other tribes to run for office. All I would say is " Never say Never".
compared to the Ashantes, the Ga are a tiny tribe. Compared to Hausa/Igbo we are not. So your assertion is wrong AGAIN.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2011
compared to the Ashantes, the Ga are a tiny tribe. Compared to Hausa/Igbo we are not. So your assertion is wrong AGAIN.

The problem with people like you is you live in denial, you live in a cuckoo land and therefore cocooned from the reality of the day, you still think Lagos of 2011 is the same as Lagos of 1954 where Yoruba’s constituted like 97% of the population. Mr Man wake up from your slumber and smell the coffee, today the Igbo’s alone can boast of a population between 36% to 40% of the total population of the city not taken into account all other ethnic groups.

If we are to combine all other groups together as one group inclusive of the Igbo’s, I am afraid to burst your bubble Yoruba’s would be in the minority.

Don’t forget as the adjoining Yoruba states prosper many people are leaving Lagos in droves to their respective SW states since acquiring land, properties and other holdings is much more cheaper than getting them in Lagos, so is the quality of life many aspire to live especially the older folks.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2011
KnowAll:

The problem with people like you is you live in denial, you live in a cuckoo land and therefore cocooned from the reality of the day, you still think Lagos of 2011 is the same as Lagos of 1954 where Yoruba’s constituted like 97% of the population. Mr Man wake up from your slumber and smell the coffee, today the Igbo’s alone can boast of a population between 36% to 40% of the total population of the city not taken into account all other ethnic groups.

If we are to combine all other groups together as one group inclusive of the Igbo’s, I am afraid to burst your bubble Yoruba’s would be in the minority.

Don’t forget as the adjoining Yoruba states prosper many people are leaving Lagos in droves to their respective SW states since acquiring land, properties and other holdings is much more cheaper than getting them in Lagos, so is the quality of life many aspire to live especially the older folks.

basing your thoughts on questionable statistics from the irresponsible comments of a desperate politician is not a good idea. 97% no. 79% to 85% yes.

We are still largely the majority.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2011
Besides anything you have to say is moot. You are not resident in nigeria and do not know enough about it to make comments. You are definitely NOT YORUBA and you probably only read about dangote on the web once you grew old enough to surf without supervision.

This is the cold hard reality of life in nigeria. There are ANCESTRAL LANDS. There are INDIGENES. Indigenes have RIGHTS as distinct from SETTLERS.

You are the one who lives in cuckoo land. Nowhere in the world do people willing give up legacies bequeathed by their ancestors without being compelled forcefully. Not Saudi Arabia, Not Japan, Not China. If such people are so concerned with serving their country, then they should go where they are needed most. Not Lagos but KANO. He can do more service there.

He is permitted under the law but he is NOT ENTITLED to it simply because he employs people there. Otherwise Yoruba CEOs of oil servicing firms would have a right to contest for governorship in Rivers and cross-rivers.

Face the reality, we are a conglomeration of nations, and as far as the yoruba NATION is concerned, Dangote IS NOT A CITIZEN.

One other thing: I am ok with being ineligible for governorship in Lagos because they are also ineligible for Governorship in my state. Obviously people serve as commissioners across state boundaries (current Osun governor Aregbesola was a commissioner in Tinubu's cabinet). That doesnt mean a Non-Yoruba can simply walk into office there.

Respect your landlords.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
Besides anything you have to say is moot. You are not resident in nigeria and do not know enough about it to make comments. You are definitely NOT YORUBA and you probably only read about dangote on the web once you grew old enough to surf without supervision.

This is the cold hard reality of life in nigeria. There are ANCESTRAL LANDS. There are INDIGENES. Indigenes have RIGHTS as distinct from SETTLERS.

You are the one who lives in cuckoo land. Nowhere in the world do people willing give up legacies bequeathed by their ancestors without being compelled forcefully. Not Saudi Arabia, Not Japan, Not China. If such people are so concerned with serving their country, then they should go where they are needed most. Not Lagos but KANO. He can do more service there.

He is permitted under the law but he is NOT ENTITLED to it simply because he employs people there. Otherwise Yoruba CEOs of oil servicing firms would have a right to contest for governorship in Rivers and cross-rivers.

Face the reality, we are a conglomeration of nations, and as far as the yoruba NATION is concerned, Dangote IS NOT A CITIZEN.

One other thing: I am ok with being ineligible for governorship in Lagos because they are also ineligible for Governorship in my state. Obviously people serve as commissioners across state boundaries (current Osun governor Aregbesola was a commissioner in Tinubu's cabinet). That doesnt mean a Non-Yoruba can simply walk into office there.

Respect your landlords.

You don't have the slightest clue what democracy is all about, All this your yearn IS nothing more than utter sentimentalism combined with shameless sensationalism. The fact of the matter and the bone of contention is, if your people have not got the numbers they don’t get the votes. Shikena!!! cool
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2011
KnowAll:

You don't have the slightest clue what democracy is all about, All this your yearn IS nothing more than utter sentimentalism combined with shameless sensationalism. The fact of the matter and the bone of contention is, if your people have not got the numbers they don’t get the votes. Shikena!!! cool
even more B.ull.shi.t.

Its your numbers we are disputing, maga.

Besides, even if they win that election, it WILL BE OVERTURNED. its that simple.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2011
I know you started a dumb thread and your a.s.s is now on fire, but stop defending the indefensible.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
People like Kodewriter have the mentality of people that died before 1960. This is 2011 dude. The world is a global village and democratically the minority will have a say and the majority will everly have their way. I still think the Yorubas are a majority in Lagos, closely followed by Igbos. If in the future the Igbo population surpasses that of Yorubas in lagos then common sense will tell you that they'll have their way.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
Its your numbers we are disputing, maga.

Besides, even if they win that election, it WILL BE OVERTURNED. its that simple

Agbero, is that how your Godfather "Tinubu" overturns result, anyways with the sacking of salami all that loopholes have being blocked.

People like Kodewriter have the mentality of people that died before 1960. This is 2011 dude. The world is a global village and democratically the minority will have a say and the majority will everly  have their way. I still think the Yorubas are a majority in Lagos, closely followed by Igbos. If in the future the Igbo population surpasses that of Yorubas in lagos then common sense will tell you that they'll have their w

Thank you oh jare, of course I believe presently yoruba's still have the majority, but in years too come it could be anybody's game and the majority would definately carry the day, and secondly we must move away from this parachoial idea that only a Yoruba man can ever be a Lagosian.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by kodewrita(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
afam4eva:

People like Kodewriter have the mentality of people that died before 1960. This is 2011 dude. The world is a global village and democratically the minority will have a say and the majority will everly have their way. I still think the Yorubas are a majority in Lagos, closely followed by Igbos. If in the future the Igbo population surpasses that of Yorubas in lagos then common sense will tell you that they'll have their way.
you actually wish that would happen. Hence the repetition. But wishing it wont make it happen.

Since its a global village, please head northeast to Tokyo and contest for mayor. You refuse to accept reality and thats the simple basic truth. I take it as a compliment that you love that city that much but keep it in mind, that you are still a stranger.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem3: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2011
KnowAll:

Agbero, is that how your Godfather "Tinubu" overturns result, anyways with the sacking of salami all that loopholes have being blocked.

Thank you oh jare, of course I believe presently yoruba's still have the majority, but in years too come it could be anybody's game and the majority would definately carry the day, and secondly we must move away from this parachoial idea that only a Yoruba man can ever be a Lagosian.

duudddddeeeee!!!!! pleeessseeeeee shut UP!!!!!

what are u talking about. have u not seen jos, the way it is yet u want that in lagos

it is not happening

i think u are mad undecided undecided

1 question

ARE YOU A LAGOSIAN?? ie ijebu awori egun or egba of lagos
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem3: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
i see ideeiot every month but this KNOWALL tops it all cry

after all the killing of indigene and settlers u still want a non indigene to win in a state

how do people think at times undecided
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem3: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2011
afam4eva:

so if u know that then i am sure rivers state or enugu state can allow a yoruba or hausa to be governor of the state

even delta that itsekiri and urhobo/yoruba are a majority . they are still not the governor until last year not to talk of rivers and enugu

after so much hate for yorubas and the contribution u have but in this forum, both against yorubas and lagos you still want an igbo man to be the governor.

where u not the one that said why lagos is predominatlly yoruba and not english

so u think any right thinking man not even yoruba would vote for such a person what radical ideas to bastardise the culture of the state
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem3: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
KnowAll:

and where did you get those % from

i would liek a link or excel to prove to me those %ages

so u see how silly u are

is it not the same igbo people that every christmas go to the east back thus don't believe in lagos would not be the people ruling it

how old are u and where do u still live ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

2019 POLLS: UPP Adopts Buhari As Presidential Candidate / Wike’s CSO Withdrawn For Participating In APC Rally – Nigerian Police / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.