Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,904 members, 7,886,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (18996 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2011
I think a state like Lagos needs a God father and a benevolent leader like Dangote to run for office in Lagos State. Just like Mayor Bloomberg of New York City who made his money on Wall street, and is now the Mayor of the City, I think Dangote who left Kano in the late 1970’s to open shop and operate from Lagos and has since never gone back should be eligible to run for office in Lagos State.

I believe his benevolence would bring the much touted accelerated infrastructural development and improvement to Lagos by him employing and deploying his international connections all over the world into public administration.

He has done well for himself privately, it is now time for him to take the gullet and run for office in Lagos State. He is a Lagosian maybe not by birth but by residence and he has enough investment in that city.

The PDP should support him come 2015. I am sure he is a larger than life character, not to be intimidated by cowardly and tribalistic local champions like Tinubu who himself ironically is not a aboriginal Lagosian but somehow has now made the city of Lagos his own personal haute couture.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by googles: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2011
undecided undecided undecided

Are you f'real ? Just because a shrewd businessman made his money on the streets of lagos now hez qualified to be a governor ?

Wat are his political antecedents ? other than his millions wat is Dangote worth politically {no offense }

or is it not the same Dangote dat was accused of paying PHCN officials to direct power to his factory and cut off the other people living around that area

thereby putting them in total darkness yet these people pay light bills. That is the man you are campaigning for yea?

lol you did not even say he should run in Kano. . . Lagos lohun lohun
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
Are you f'real ? Just because a shrewd businessman made his money on the streets of lagos now hez qualified to be a governor ?

Wat are his political antecedents ? other than his millions wat is Dangote worth politically {no offense }

or is it not the same Dangote dat was accused of paying PHCN officials to direct power to his factory and cut off the other people living around that area

thereby putting them in total darkness yet these people pay light bills. That is the man you are campaigning for yea?

lol you did not even say he should run in Kano. . . Lagos lohun

We have to grow beyond having only a Yoruba man as the only qualified person that can become the Governor Lagos.

Like Jonathan said 50% of the population of Lagos State are non indigenes and If they are paying taxes to the state government they should not be exempted from running from office if they so desire.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by googles: 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

We have to grow beyond having only a Yoruba man as the only qualified person that can become the Governor Lagos.

Like Jonathan said 50% of the population of Lagos State are non indigenes and If they are paying taxes to the state government they should not be exempted from running from office if they so desire.

No dont get me wrong. . . I am not saying only yoruba pple should run Lagos state

It just makes sense dat since Dangote has no real political worth. . .if he has the mind of running then he should run in his comfort zone

amongst his pple cos they will readily accept him. Thas't much easier for him than trying to penetrate lagos that is filled with diverse pple and

ethnic group geddit?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by rasputinn(m): 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dan-GOAT-ay is a back-stabbing goat
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
No dont get me wrong. . . I am not saying only yoruba pple should run Lagos state

It just makes sense dat since Dangote has no real political worth. . .if he has the mind of running then he should run in his comfort zone

amongst his pple cos they will readily accept him. That much easier for him than trying to penetrate lagos that is filled with diverse pple and

ethnic group geddit

What do u mean his own people, we are all Nigerians, his own people are Lagosians like himself and I bet he employs more people in Lagos than in Kano because he operates from Lagos, why does he have to go to Kano
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by googles: 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

What do u mean his own people, we are all Nigerians, his own people are Lagosians like himself and I bet he employs more people in Lagos than in Kano because he operates from Lagos, why does he have to go to Kano

Oh please. . .stop going around in circles

This man hails from Kano yea? fortunately, he made it in Lagos and so did plenty other people

Does dat automatically give them the ticket to lagos state govt house ? founding your business in lagos doesn't automatically make you a Lagosian

and him employing hundreds of pple in lagos doesn't change anything. people employ people everyday and it doesn't change their citizenship.

If he wants to be a politician he needs grassroots support and he can only get that amongst his people {yea i said it} HIS people
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
Oh please. . .stop going around in circles

This man hails from Kano yea? fortunately, he made it in Lagos and so did plenty other people

Does dat automatically give them the ticket to lagos state govt house ? founding your business in lagos doesn't automatically make you a Lagosian

and him employing hundreds of pple in lagos doesn't change anything. people employ people everyday and it doesn't change their citizenship.

If he wants to be a politician he needs grassroots support and he can only get that amongst his people {yea i said it} HIS people

How does the scenario u describe above make Tinubu any more a Lagosian than Dangote, is it because Tinubu is a Yoruba man. Why don’t u tell Tinubu to go back to his backwater town of Iragbeji in Oshun State.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by googles: 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dude !! I will spank you oh !

shey Tinubu had no political worth before running for Gubernatorial elections ni ? did he just come out of the blues with his millions to contest elections?

did he not have political antecedents ? and I dont even remember Tinubu campaigning to be a governor just because he founded his business in

Lagos and employed plenty Lagosians
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dude !! I will spank you oh !

shey Tinubu had no political worth before running for Gubernatorial elections ni ? did he just come out of the blues with his millions to contest elections?

did he not have political antecedents ? and I dont even remember Tinubu campaigning to be a governor just because he founded his business in

Lagos and employed plenty Lagosians

That is why I said 2015, just in case PDP does not win in 2011, they have 4 years to get their act together and put a formidable candidate by 2015. 4 years from now is enough time for him to build that political worth u are so concerend about.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Lagosboy: 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
I believe every Nigerian should be able to run for any position anywhere in the country, it is up to the people to either vote for him or not. Dangote has the right to run for the position in Lagos but i have the feeling he will place the personal interes of his business above 20 million lagosians interest.

Lagos rather needs a selfless, sincere , intellectual to take it to where it rightly belongs.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
Why are you people responding to the retard. Everyone wants to spoil their state but want to come from all sorts of bushes to rule lagos, when their own house is not in order. I wonder how they will achieve this. You cannot dare try to rule your own people, then you want to try your luck with other's. So lagosian's have finished in the state for a Kano man to come and rule us. Because he got opportunity to be who he is from us? Is that even the true story? He should first atteempt to give his people that great governance first. I know ur just a sychopant and hope they can draft you for something small politically. Please Yoruba's may be open minded but we are not stupid as to sell our inheritance for sugar. See what is happening in PDP? Even their money cannot entice us. Besides ur benefactor is slowly trying to destroy lives and businesses in Lagos by taking their lights to run his industries. Is that who we want? A deep seated corruption train that bribes himself into monopoly. If he was such a great politician, then he shouldn't be afraid of a little competition. This just goes to show the kind of politician he will be. Mr. I too know, find another job. Not in your great x 4 grand children's lifetime.lmao
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by googles: 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Why are you people responding to the not-so-smart person. Everyone wants to spoil their state but want to come from all sorts of bushes to rule lagos, when their own house is not in order. I wonder how they will achieve this. You cannot dare try to rule your own people, then you want to try your luck with other's. So lagosian's have finished in the state for a Kano man to come and rule us. Because he got opportunity to be who he is from us? Is that even the true story? He should first atteempt to give his people that great governance first. I know your just a sycophant and hope they can draft you for something small politically. Please Yoruba's may be open minded but we are not silly as to sell our inheritance for sugar. See what is happening in PDP? Even their money cannot entice us. Besides your benefactor is slowly trying to destroy lives and businesses in Lagos by taking their lights to run his industries. Is that who we want? A deep seated corruption train that bribes himself into monopoly. If he was such a great politician, then he shouldn't be afraid of a little competition. This just goes to show the kind of politician he will be. Mr. I too know, find another job. Not in your great x 4 grand children's lifetime.lmao

Rotfl
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
Lagosboy:

I believe every Nigerian should be able to run for any position anywhere in the country, it is up to the people to either vote for him or not. Dangote has the right to run for the position in Lagos but i have the feeling he will place the personal interes of his business above 20 million lagosians interest.

Lagos rather needs a selfless, sincere , intellectual to take it to where it rightly belongs.

Your own belief. go back to your father's village and contest because you will lose. orget lagos for the next 100 years. See their big eyes, long throat.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Ibime(m): 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dan-GOAT-ay will immediately sell off Lagos State assets to himself at 1/20th of the true value.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
I
believe every Nigerian should be able to run for any position anywhere in the country, it is up to the people to either vote for him or not. Dangote has the right to run for the position in Lagos but i have the feeling he will place the personal interes of his business above 20 million lagosians interest.

I am not holding court for Dangote, I do not even know him(I wish I do, thus) but I was only looking at his antecedents and to me it is almost similar to that Mayor Bloomberg of NYC.

Dangote being a Nigerian and like many of us Nigerians, I believe he might have fallen for that same mass hysteria our people tend to suffer from when it comes to regional politics. Do I belong here or not, what would people say.

I believe there is an un-intentional institutionalize brain-washing in our polity that needs to be address and bear open, otherwise we would continue to wallow in our present cluelessness by giving half-baked individuals who have nothing to offer exulted offices, whilst those that have the wherewithal, knowledge and foresight to move us forward are shove aside and left on the top shelf.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Knowall

where u not the one that was against an Igbo man being governor of lagos?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Knowall

where u not the one that was against an Igbo man being governor of lagos?

I never said that, I am a pro-You can run anywhere as long as the local populace know who u are and can identify with you. For example where I grew up in Ibadan is named after a man from Agbor in Delta State, he built the first house in the area hence his name is used as a prefix for the area.

It would be nonsensical and foolhardy for the sons and daughters of this gentleman who unfortunately has since passed on be denied the right to run for a seat in Oyo State.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Katsumoto: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Knowall

Your idea is silly and has brown-nosing and subserviency all over it. We should simply give governance to the richest individuals so that they can enrich themselves further.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Knowall

Your idea is silly and has brown-nosing and subserviency all over it. We should simply give governance to the richest individuals so that they can enrich themselves further.

[quote][/quote]

Nobody is saying they should give governance to the richest Nigerian, for all we care the richest Nigerian is not even interested in a lowly gubernatorial post. But then I am actually enlightening the 10 million other Non Yoruba Lagosians who have been bullied into submission to keep quiet by Yoruba nationalist who have low self esteem.

We are in a democracy now, we need to enlightened the populace as to their right rather than toe or follow up to the hilt old age stereotype and subservience to use your word.

It appears u want the status quo to remain the same for fear of Yoruba’s losing out in Lagos, but then how could Yoruba’s lose out when Lagos State is practically surrounded by Yoruba States and they are the funnel to the population growth in Lagos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
I thought the poster is Yoruba. He must be a fake one imo.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
I thought the poster is Yoruba. He must be a fake one imo

I am Yoruba, we are the most cosmopolitan Tribe in Nigeria, don't forget Zik of of Africa started his political career in the Lagos Council.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by foreman: 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^

So you wrote all this nonsense to show that you are cosmopolitan?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^

So you wrote all this nonsense to show that you are cosmopolitan?

I wrote all this to en-franchise the 10 million Lagosians who have been de-franchise because of people like you.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

I wrote all this to en-franchise the 10 million Lagosians who have been de-franchise because of people like you.
then you are very stupid

no one will allow that to happen

and i know you are a yoruba but a stupid and dumb one i tell you
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
i mean what has he done to deserve to run for the post

i doudt u know who dangote is

he is a business man, why will he go to politics
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
mean what has he done to deserve to run for the post

i doudt u know who dangote is

he is a business man, why will he go to politics

He is the richest and the most obvious high profile dis-enfranchised Lagosian and the sooner he makes his plight known to the public the better for the other 9.999 million cowardly citizens who have been pushed into a corner by Tinubu and his thugs.

I have already mentioned it earlier on my post(about him going into politics), u need to read through my post, he might not be intrested in the post, this thread is an eye-opener an enlighting campaign to those disfranchised citizens who are contributing to the progress of Lagos by paying their taxes.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by victorazy(m): 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
Is Dangote benevolent?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2011
Is Dangote benevolent?

Well I do not see many Hausa-Fulani working for him, he puts the best man on the Job irrespective of tribe when it comes to those running his companies.

Not the same can be said of Tinubu who has 4 of his direct relations vying for elective post in Lagos. Even his failed and clueless son-in-law, who got bloody nosed in Ekiti Central, has found a safe seat in Agege courtesy of Big Daddy.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by nvo5(f): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ know All please, don't get me start
dangote and obasanjo are the reason
WHY rice and cement are very expensive
in the market. He was given the license to
import the above and its tax free, yet he
does not think about the poor masses.
AND YOU ARE RECOMMENDING HIM FOR
GOVERNOR, I WILL NOT RECOMMEND EVEN
FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by OWOLAYEMO: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
Rasta Man. Jah, Lagos da no man's land !!!!!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Knowall

If your point of starting this thread is to tell us that any one can vie to be governor of Lagos then you're right but if you're saying Dangote should vie for governor because he's the richest Nigerian then that plain stupidity on your part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Saraki Receives 5000 Youths From APC In Ilorin (Photos) / NNPC Removes Yusuf Matashi, As Usman Yusuf Replaces Him In Major Shake-up / Seun Onigbinde: Aye Dee "BudgITng Funded By A CIA Front"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.