Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,174 members, 7,913,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:11 AM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (19116 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

There has not been a federal presence in lagos for the past 12 years now. Dangote would bring the necessary  Federal presence into lagos, and moreso by 2015 we would be having a northern president that would also work in favour of lagos too.

Federal Presence? Is this guy mad? What the hell does this mean? You need to check into Yaba left. Who wants a federal presence, did we come to you to say we need you to solve our problems. No one asked for your concern of federal presence. Kindly F8ck off and seal yourself in the UK where you are with federal presence. One less deranged lunatic with air dreams.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
ASL33:

Knowall are you a lagos yoruba or from another state. Will you like Dangote to be the governor of your Oyo state(u grew up there from one of your posts).

Please he is not Yoruba. Dont insult our intelligence. He is most probably delta. All these people from the creeks.lol.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ideylaff: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
Eri didirin!! Oma ale ni e! Mr Know Nothing!! Ode!!! Ki mola wa je Governor ni ilu tani? Ode ma ni bobo yi ke abi won ti fi ori gba paaro ni? Ode!!!!!

LOL

so becos of Dangote Noodles una wan make hin run 4 gofna for wia, shocked

All these noise about Dangots as if say na one kin Bill Gates or Steve Jobs of Apple Inc. Corp,  No be Government makae am with all dia monopolistic policies over the years, Nothing special about the guy I begiii,  cheesy
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by manny4life(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
I think people are just missing the effin point.

Mr. Dangote has every right to run for governor if he meet the eligibility requirements; residential requirements happen to be one of them. However, let the polls decide if he would be governor or not. Please stop the bickering and face the fact.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
ideylaff:

LOL

so becos of Dangote Noodles una wan make hin run 4 gofna for wia,  shocked

All these noise about Dangots as if say na one kin Bill Gates or Steve Jobs of Apple Inc. Corp,  No be Government makae am with all dia monopolistic policies over the years, Nothing special about the guy I begiii,  cheesy

If anything, dude is incompetent. Wasn't he struggling a few years back? If you give your typical small businessman in Nigeria  a monopoly like Dangote was given, I bet more than 70% of them will do better than him.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ideylaff: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Mr KnowAll

a God father and a benevolent leader like Dangote to run for office in Lagos State

Please check your dictionary for the meaning of GodFather and Benevolent, I begiii some 1 that lowers the price of his commodity just to destroy another persons business is benevolent, oga ooooo

dont just use them loosely Please Plz
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2011
manny4life:

I think people are just missing the effin point.

Mr. Dangote has every right to run for governor if he meet the eligibility requirements; residential requirements happen to be one of them. However, let the polls decide if he would be governor or not. Please stop the bickering and face the fact.

That is not how it is done in Nigeria. Everyone goes to their father's village to contest, simple. Let Kano be the first to break that tradition or Enugu, as we know these people will never do it. So why demand that of Yoruba's? What you wont take in your father's house dont go to another person's house and demand it. You are Ogoni, can you fathom a Yoruba coming to say he wants to be governor of your state, with all the oil resources and lead all the militants there? Abegi
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by precy1718: 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
wait first, why him no fit run 4 him state, Kano space done finish? dem no go spoil awa Lagos EKO oni baje
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by foreman: 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

There has not been a federal presence in lagos for the past 12 years now. Dangote would bring the necessary  Federal presence into lagos, and moreso by 2015 we would be having a northern president that would also work in favour of lagos too.

PDP is ruling OYO, OGUN and was ruling ekiti and osun. What federal presence did you feel there?

Federal presence means only one thing in Nigeria, more access to federal cash by the few PDP politicians. nothing benefits the populace
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by manny4life(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

That is not how it is done in Nigeria. Everyone goes to their father's village to contest, simple. Let Kano be the first to break that tradition or Enugu, as we know these people will never do it. So why demand that of Yoruba's? What you wont take in your father's house dont go to another person's house and demand it. You are Ogoni, can you fathom a Yoruba coming to say he wants to be governor of your state, with all the oil resources and lead all the militants there? Abegi

Go to your father village is the same mentality holding Nigerians backwards. You and I very well know that would the possibility of him doing that is slim, but my question is, just because it's unacceptable, isn't it legal?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
A yoruba guy has seen the light. Infact let anybody context where he thinks he will win. One Nigeria. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by debosky(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

If anything, dude is incompetent. Wasn't he struggling a few years back? If you give your typical small businessman in Nigeria  a monopoly like Dangote was given, I bet more than 70% of them will do better than him.

Calling him incompetent is quite a stretch. While he did benefit from government patronage, you don't get billions of dollars in investment from foreign banks while being incompetent.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2011
manny4life:

Go to your father village is the same mentality holding Nigerians backwards. You and I very well know that would the possibility of him doing that is slim, but my question is, just because it's unacceptable, isn't it legal?

That is how it works. Democracy works in different ways and every one modifies it to suit thier country. There is no one size fits all for democrazy. Whatever works for a country is what will happen. Can you let a Yoruba man become governor in your State? And let him decide your resources? Please answer the question first.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2011
debosky:

Calling him incompetent is quite a stretch. While he did benefit from government patronage, you don't get billions of dollars in investment from foreign banks while being incompetent.

How hard is it to fck up a monopoly? Of course you'll loans and investment. However, that is no measure of competence.

If I discover a gold mine in my back yard, I'll get lots of people willing to give me money to extract the resource. But this doesn't suggest any competence on my own part. . . purely dumb luck.

manny4life:

What is your argument for this? You've asserted it, but not offered evidence for it.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by debosky(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

How hard is it to fck up a monopoly? Of course you'll loans and investment. However, that is no measure of competence.

If I discover a gold mine in my back yard, I'll get lots of people willing to give me money to extract the resource. But this doesn't suggest any competence on my own part. . . purely dumb luck.

You're being extremely simplistic - no one will give someone unable to prove cash flow, sound management and a clear and definitive plan.

He's not incompetent in any sense.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by manny4life(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

That is how it works. Democracy works in different ways and every one modifies it to suit thier country. There is no one size fits all for democrazy. Whatever works for a country is what will happen. Can you let a Yoruba man become governor in your State? And let him decide your resources? Please answer the question first.

If he has the feat to run for governor, by all means, Besides, Lagos is a multicultural state; a state with different diversities. True it's no one size fits all democracy, but I'm still insisting that cultural barriers shouldn't stop a candidate.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2011
As far as he is not Yoruba he is imcompetent.  grin grin Thatz the thrend. Anything out of SW is rubbish even human beings like Goodluck [b]Ode[/b]chukwu.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
manny4life:

If he has the feat to run for governor, by all means, Besides, Lagos is a multicultural state; a state with different diversities. True it's no one size fits all democracy, but I'm still insisting that cultural barriers shouldn't stop a candidate.

Will you be okay for a Yoruba man to become Governor, dont go off the tangent and try to make excuses for why Lagos is different. Lagos is by and LARGE MAJORLY YORUBA! As your village sits on so much oil wealth and your people are fighting like mad to control their resources is it okay for me to come and manage it for you? Considering Nigerian thieving politicians, especially one that has nothing in common with you?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Will you be okay for a Yoruba man to become Governor, dont go off the tangent and try to make excuses for why Lagos is different. Lagos is by and LARGE MAJORLY YORUBA! As your village sits on so much oil wealth and your people are fighting like mad to control their resources is it okay for me to come and manage it for you? Considering Nigerian thieving politicians, especially one that has nothing in common with you?

As long as that's where the yoruba was born or have lived most of his life.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2011
debosky:

You're being extremely simplistic - no one will give someone unable to prove cash flow, sound management and a clear and definitive plan.

He's not incompetent in any sense.

We can agree to disagree, then.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
Anyone is permitted to run; nobody is claiming he should not run. Doesn't mean he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning, though.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

As long as that's where the yoruba was born or have lived most of his life.

Has dangote lived most of his life in Lagos? Was he born in Lagos? Even if he was does he understand traditions and culture of the place? Forget being born somewhere. This is not America, we have different traditions and norms that even if you live there for a 100 years you will never understand. So lets leave story for tortoise. When the East and the North are ready to become progressive, have developed their states and have shown by example then we can follow suit. Till date we have not seen that trend. Not even a non indigene LG chairman.lol.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Anyone is permitted to run; nobody is claiming he should not run. Doesn't mean he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning, though.

Let him run in Ekiti, this Lagosian disagree's with you. Even an Ekiti man is not allowed to become Governor in Lagos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

I'm not running off tangent; I was only saying "besides" lagos is highly multicultural. I don't care whether yoruba or not, if you have the feat to do so, again by all means. I know I would not go to yoruba land to do so, but if he chose to, that is the option, let the voters decide. Lagos has eligibility requirements to become a governor, if he decided he met each and every one of  them, go for it and same applies to you. If you think you met the eligibility requirement to be a governor of my state, by all mean. Just because his running does not mean you nor I will vote for him, but at least that's the chose he embarked on.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Let him run in Ekiti, this Lagosian disagree's with you. Even an Ekiti man is not allowed to become Governor in Lagos.

Well, thing is nobody can prevent him from running, if he can find a party that'll give him the slot.

However, practically speaking, whether he runs or not he has no chance of winning.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
manny4life:

I'm not running off tangent; I was only saying "besides" lagos is highly multicultural. I don't care whether yoruba or not, if you have the feat to do so, again by all means. I know I would not go to yoruba land to do so, but if he chose to, that is the option, let the voters decide. Lagos has eligibility requirements to become a governor, if he decided he met each and every one of  them, go for it and same applies to you. If you think you met the eligibility requirement to be a governor of my state, by all mean. Just because his running does not mean you nor I will vote for him, but at least that's the chose he embarked on.

Sure, even you knows that it is ridiculous. You are trying to be politically correct, and you know it is something you will not take that is why you will not do it.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

I know Tinubu is not from Ekiti but he is not from Lagos either. Do you have any answer why he became the governor of lagos if an Ekiti man cannot be.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
ASL33:

I know Tinubu is not from Ekiti but he is not from Lagos either. Do you have any answer why he became the governor of lagos if an Ekiti man cannot be.

Who is Tinunbu's family? Is the Tinunbu name an Osun name? You wouldnt know anyway. He was backed by a powerful Lagos family, and they said he belongs to them. If your father claims you, who are we to say you are not his child?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
I don't know why we're arguing over nothing. The constitution does not prevent someone from another tribe from contesting as governor in lagos state. Infact an Igbo man contested to be governor in 2007. The only problem he had was that he contested on the platform of a relatively unknown party. There's no law that stops an Igbo or hausa man from being the governor of this cosmopolitan state of lagos. The same thing applies to other states. We know why there's so much emphasis on lagos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Joker. How can you tell the difference?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

Joker. How can you tell the difference?

Itsekiri man, everyone knows his father's compund. We know the families in Lagos. Dont worry, we know how to weed out imposter's. Leave that alone. There is a special Yoruba way and they all know.lol.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Who is Tinunbu's family? Is the Tinunbu name an Osun name? You wouldnt know anyway. He was backed by a powerful Lagos family, and they said he belongs to them. If your father claims you, who are we to say you are not his child?
Unless he was adopted, we all know he is not from Lagos. Ok what if the "Powerful Lagos Family" back an Ekiti man or an Hausa man will you revolt.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Feminist Coalition Accused Of Withdrawing $51,000 From #EndSARS Donations Wallet / Anioma State: Youths Pay Senator Ned Nwoko Solidarity Visit At His Country Home / “it’s Time To Stop Lying”, PDP Tells APC Spokesman, Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.