Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,947 members, 7,886,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:31 PM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (18997 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by manny4life(m): 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Sure, even you knows that it is ridiculous. You are trying to be politically correct, and you know it is something you will not take that is why you will not do it.

Just because it's ridiculous doesn't make illegal, Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
@Tewmuch
It's not fair now. Allow your fellow yoruba people to be contest in lagos state. Are they not your people again. Remember they joined you to fight the Igbos that were laying claim to the governorship position in Lagos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
ASL33:

Unless he was adopted, we all know he is not from Lagos. Ok what if the "Powerful Lagos Family" back an Ekiti man or an Hausa man will you revolt.?

They cant try it again because of the controversy over tinubu the woman was constantly harassed.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Itsekiri man, everyone knows his father's compund. We know the families in Lagos. Dont worry, we know how to weed out imposter's. Leave that alone. There is a special Yoruba way and they all know.lol.

And what is the special yoruba way Was it not his second term people found out that he is not a lagosian? Even at that, he still won because he was backed by afenifere.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2011
There's a sayiing that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If a yoruba man that's not an indegene of lagos can become governor of lagos state. there's no reason why any one else can't.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

@Tewmuch
It's not fair now. Allow your fellow yoruba people to be contest in lagos state. Are they not your people again. Remember they joined you to fight the Igbos that were laying claim to the governorship position in Lagos.

They are my people but that is just how it works. They have other position's in the state and no one bats an eyelid. But the governorship is Lagosian. I cannot say i want to go to Ekiti and contest. Am i mad? From where?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ideylaff: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
debosky (m)OnitshaPosts: 20755

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015« #142 on: Today at 06:29:38 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: eku_bear on Today at 06:25:24 PMHow hard is it to fck up a monopoly? Of course you'll loans and investment. However, that is no measure of competence.
QuoteIf I discover a gold mine in my back yard, I'll get lots of people willing to give me money to extract the resource. But this doesn't suggest any competence on my own part. . . purely dumb luck.

You're being extremely simplistic - no one will give someone unable to prove cash flow, sound management and a clear and definitive plan.

He's not incompetent in any sense.

[b]@ debosky, would you then say Madoff is competent as well den, [/b]
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

There's a sayiing that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If a yoruba man that's not an indegene of lagos can become governor of lagos state. there's no reason why any one else can't.

When we get to the gander, we would have established that all the Yoruba's have become extinct.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

Itsekiri man, everyone knows his father's compund. We know the families in Lagos. Dont worry, we know how to weed out imposter's. Leave that alone. There is a special Yoruba way and they all know.lol.
Lol at the bolded, yet he still call himself a Yoruba man. I laugh like OBJ.

TewMuch:

They cant try it again because of the controversy over tinubu the woman was constantly harassed.
Don't be suprise when the "powerful Family" will adopt Dangote and his entire household. Money speaks and bullshi*t follows.

Never say Never expecially in Nigerian politics.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Only yorubanised people! angry wink. He needs to understand the people he wants to rule over.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

That isn't how things work in practice though. Ultimately, you have to get people to vote for you to win. Seems pretty unlikely to me that a Hausa, Igbo or whatever running there can win.

As I said earlier. . . anybody can contest, not everyone can win.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Tewmuch

jason123:

And what is the special yoruba way Was it not his second term people found out that he is not a lagosian? Even at that, he still won because he was backed by afenifere.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

@ Tewmuch

wink cheesy
Dont worry.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

That isn't how things work in practice though. Ultimately, you have to get people to vote for you to win. Seems pretty unlikely to me that a Hausa, Igbo or whatever running there can win.

Why do you think so.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2011
Let's not even bring up Fashola's background, lol.

Names like "Fashola". . . I dunno if Lagos Yoruba people do "Ifa"->"Fa." But I know at least one place in Yorubaland where that is done  tongue
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Names like "Fashola". . . I dunno if Lagos Yoruba people do "Ifa"->"Fa." But I know at least one place in Yorubaland where that is done  tongue

Fashola is awori.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Why do you think so.

How will you get the votes to win?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

Fashola is awori.

How do you know definitively?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

How will you get the votes to win?

Do you have brain at all. Let's assume no single yoruba man will vote for an Igbo man. What about the milllions of Igbo population in Lagos. pls think before you spew gibberish on here.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Is Fash not from lagos? TewMuch your arguement is being defited by those who know. Is Fash from Itshekiri or Ughrobo?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Are the Yoruba God's and custom's specific to an area? People bear the same names from different area's. It is not by name please. There are also Ijebu lagosian's by the way. Their area is Ikorodu. And there are Egun's. So it is not only Awori. But the families are known.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Trust me, I know! wink
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Do you have brain at all. Let's assume no single yoruba man will vote for an Igbo man. What about the milllions of Igbo population in Lagos. pls think before you spew gibberish on here.
Out of 18 million people in lagos, the igbos are probably 3 million. In fact there are places you would not find one igbo man like isale eko, deep epe and Aja, Inside badagry etc
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2011

----------------------------/-----------------------------------------------------

Running in any election is about consensus building, talking to d right people, don't be even suprise fashola might be part of d consensus, after has done his 2 terms,  he might jettison his greedy  & selfish mentorer and hook up with new forces,  Dangote if he is lucky he might head such consortium, in such a scenerio he would win hands down. Anything can happen in politics.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

Trust me, I know! wink

Hehe, ok  tongue

afam4eva:

I don't think there are enough Igbo there to win. What fraction of the voting population (or population, period) there is Igbo, in your estimation? Clearly not up to even 30%. . . . probably even 15% is a stretch.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

Out of 18 million people in lagos, the igbos are probably 3 million. In fact there are places you would not find one igbo man like isale eko, deep epe and Aja, Inside badagry etc

Pls stop this ignorance. Igbos cannot be 3 million out of 18 million lagosians. Let's just assume it's true. Is 3 million not big enough to win an election in lagos? Or are you assuming every yoruba person will vote for one candidate?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by tlops(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
I think he has a right to contest (considering that he has lived there long enough) but, the electorate has their choice to make.

The question is: will he dare,
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
At the end of the day, there is no point talking here about it online. If they believe they have the #s to get it done, then start organizing now. Start winning House of Assembly positions, etc, etc. Build some political infrastructure to then one day take the governorship.

Of course, the reality is that the #s simply do not exist to get this done. Otherwise we'd see action rather than talk.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Pls stop this ignorance. Igbos cannot be 3 million out of 18 million lagosians. Let's just assume it's true. Is 3 million not big enough to win an election in lagos? Or are you assuming every yoruba person will vote for one candidate?

Okay even if the igbo man is 50 percent of the population ( Assuming there only 2 ethnic groups yoruba and igbo) and lets say 8 million out of the 9 million igbos vote for thr igbo man, he would NOT still win because yorubas from other surrounding states and benin republic would vote in lagos. Apart from the obvious lager out turn of yorubas because of the perceived insecurity.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
eku_bear:

At the end of the day, there is no point talking here about it online. If they believe they have the #s to get it done, then start organizing now. Start winning House of Assembly positions, etc, etc. Build some political infrastructure to then one day take the governorship.

Of course, the reality is that the #s simply do not exist to get this done. Otherwise we'd see action rather than talk.

Very true, During election times some igbos return to their respective villages.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

How on earth will you win with only 17% of the population? So you'll win governor with 17%, but cannot even win a senate slot? Or have a good fraction of the House?

Hollow #s, hollow words, no action.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2011
jason123:

Very true, During election times some igbos return to their respective villages.

You guys have started with your propaganda. During election Igbo man goes to the east. During censors Igbo man goes back to the east. Do you have any evidence or is just based on heresy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Fire At National Assembly Building In Abuja: Can Anyone Confirm? / 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra / Petition Against Saraki's Wife: Our Signatures Were Forged-pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.