Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,169 members, 7,913,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 01:42 AM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (19115 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
tissot84:

EzeUche

PH is not east becos they dnt count themsel as one

talk about imo and abia

Last time I checked, Iguocha (Port Harcourt) is firmly in the East.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dangote for governor of Lagos State.  cool

There should be zoning in Lagos.

Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by T9ksy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
EzeUche_:

Maybe if your people learn to live in other people's land, then you all will have markets.

Yoruba do not travel. Igbos and Hausa do, because we are business people.

Or you afraid to come to the East. grin

Why should i LEARN to live in another man's land when i have everything i need in mine.
Didn't they say charity begins at home. I use my hard-earned money to take care of my people/family.

u igbo business pepu wey don sabi trafil. Shebi, you boku for kano, kaduna, zaria ati bebelo etc etc.
Yes na, mak una go contest for governorship for dere, na. afterall shebi u bi nigerian. grin

Yeye pepu, na fo only yorubaland u fit claim one nigeria.
U dare try that in the northern states and they will roast you and your entire family alive.
come put una haed for walking stick, dey dance to the milleu sound of "Allahu akbar"
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
Gradually the thread is turning into an Igbo VS Yoruba thread.That's the trend.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

There are so many lazy Yoruba’s on this thread, [b]no be na papa develop Lagos
, Lagos was develop by the FG. How come only Yoruba’s want to claim it. It does not make sense.[/b]

Come and contest now make we see as you go do am. If your grandfather was not lazy you will not be in Lagos. Afterall FG has always given every state allocation to do what they want. What has your lazy, dumb and daft ancestors done with the money? That is why you rush to Lagos, cowards! You cant even face your state governors. All these animals from different creeks and bushes.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by foyeks2001(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
T9ksy:

Why should i LEARN to live in another man's land when i have everything i need in mine.
Didn't they say charity begins at home. I use my hard-earned money to take care of my people/family.

u igbo business pepu wey don sabi trafil. Shebi, you boku for kano, kaduna, zaria ati bebelo etc etc.
Yes na, mak una go contest for governorship for dere, na. afterall shebi u bi nigerian. grin

U dare try that in the northern states and they will roast you and your entire family alive.
come put una haed for walking stick, dey dance to the milleu sound of "Allahu akbar"

abi o , dont mind them

afam4eva:

Gradually the thread is turning into an Igbo VS Yoruba thread.That's the trend.

y wldnt be, when u supported the motion created by one Broda Ode called Mr No Nothing, when u guys cannot take that in ur geopolitical zone

@Mr No Nothing
let me dare see u contesting any political post in future, except u vie for the post in the south-east though
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2011

Yes na, mak una go contest for governorship for dere, na. afterall shebi u bi nigerian.

come put una haed for walking stick, dey dance to the milleu sound of "Allahu akbar

If the King makers in Lagos and all the necessary stake-holders agree to his candidacy, why not, Dangote himself might not be interested but I am only saying it is within his right to run if chooses to run.

I know u people want to intimidate non-Yoruba’s to submission. A city where an Igbo man Zik was head of the Lagos Council in the 1940’s but yet fast forward 50 years into the future he cannot run for councillorship, are we progressing or regression as a society.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by heilige(m): 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
afam 4eva. wetin u wan use my name do?
my name is a typical ogun state name period.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

If the King makers in Lagos and all the necessary stake-holders agree to his candidacy, why not, Dangote himself might not be interested but I am only saying it is within his right to run if chooses to run.

[b]I know u people want to intimidate non-Yoruba’s to submission
. A city where an Igbo man Zik was head of the Lagos Council in the 1940’s but yet fast forward 50 years into the future he cannot run for councillorship, are we progressing or regression as a society.[/b]

Now we are talking, dont be ashamed of who you are. You dont even claim your father's state and are ashamed of it that is why you want so bad to be Governor of Lagos state. Abeg make everybody claim their papa name make we know who be who. You are shouting King Maker's. You think they will sacrifice thier ancestral positions for one animal that doesnt understand their culture and traditions. We also chase kind maker's from their thrones and they know that.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
heilige:

afam 4eva. wetin u wan use my name do?
my name is a typical ogun state name period.

Was just curious about which name could be peculiar to people from Ogun.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by foyeks2001(f): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

I know u people want to intimidate non-Yoruba’s to submission. A city where an Igbo man Zik was head of the Lagos Council in the 1940’s but yet fast forward 50 years into the future he cannot run for councillorship, are we progressing or regression as a society.

abeg go and sidon jare,ur talk is opposite of ur name
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
Now we are talking, dont be ashamed of who you are. You dont even claim your father's state and are ashamed of it that is why you want so bad to be Governor of Lagos state. Abeg make everybody claim their papa name make we know who be who,

If the PDP flop for the 4th time in 2011, I see no reasons why they should not call on other eminent Lagosians like Dangote. Yoruba has run 4 times but to no avail.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Jencejyde(m): 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ afam, I never said anything about who has the right to say whether he is capable or not

What i said was my own personal opinon

With due respect after seeing the crisis mr Aliko caused when he was on the Board of NSE, ill have to say managing a state is way
more than what he can handle. Governorship is more than having success in the Business field.

Again, i quite frankly agree that the only manadate the masses have is their Vote. If at the end of the day he runs for the position and he is
voted for, so be it. But given other choice of candiates, I would rather go for  those with a better political history.

Whether you believe  it or not, Government is more politics, less professionalism.  It has to be played that way for survival.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

[b]If the PDP flop for the 4th time in 2011, I see no reasons why they should not call on other eminent Lagosians like Dangote. Yoruba has run 4 times but to no avail.[/b]

You are comparing yourself to Yoruba people. In their state, asking for rotational government. Your are definitely insane since you dont even know what party has the power. So you should be ignored. Everyone please ignore the fool from now on. These are the types that want to rule lagos.lol.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2011
Pls Thread starter is no Ibo, Hausa or Ijaw. he is a a yoruba man but i don't understand what his aim is as he has always been against what he is advicing for. Is he born again or he has another intention.

Knowall Has Seen The Light. grin grin grin

Infact after Dangote, Ibru will govern before Ibo man. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2011
Jencejyde:

@ afam,  I never said anything about who has the right to say whether he is capable or not

What i said was my own personal opinon

With due respect after seeing the crisis mr Aliko caused when he was on the Board of NSE, ill have to say managing a state is way
more than what he can handle. Governorship is more than having success in the Business field.

Again, i quite frankly agree that the only manadate the masses have is their Vote. If at the end of the day he runs for the position and he is
voted for, so be it. But given other choice of candiates, I would rather go for  those with a better political history.

Whether you believe  it or not, Government is more politics, less professionalism.  It has to be played that way for survival.

I won't vote Dangote to be the governor of lagos because of his antecedents not because of any other reason.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by foyeks2001(f): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

If the PDP flop for the 4th time in 2011, I see no reasons why they should not call on other eminent Lagosians like Dangote. Yoruba has run 4 times but to no avail.

kill Fashola, then give it to Dangote
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
Pls Thread starter is no Ibo, Hausa or Ijaw. he is a a yoruba man but i don't understand what his aim is as he has always been against what he is advicing for. Is he born again or he has another intention.

Knowall Has Seen The Light.  

Infact after Dangote, Ibru will govern before Ibo man.    

The starter of the thread is a realist. The Governership of a state like Lagos cannot be restricted to only Yoruba's when there are 9 million non-Yoruba's living there and paying taxes.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by TewMuch: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

The starter of the thread is a realist. The Governership of a state like Lagos cannot be restricted to only Yoruba's when there are 9 million non-Yoruba's living there and paying taxes.

ROTFLMAO@ See population stats. i dey laugh. You don become DDC machine. ROTFLMAO grin cheesy. This guy is not Yoruba. Stop associating yourself with Yoruba's. We dont accept bastards, everyone knows their father's compound.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by foyeks2001(f): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2011
TewMuch:

ROTFLMAO@ See population stats. i dey laugh. You don become DDC machine. ROTFLMAO grin cheesy

i taya too o
Lol
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

I see where you getting at but you did it in the wrong . Btw, are you calling for rotation with this post shocked
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by sbeezy8: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
why even make such a topic?

KnowAll:

pls shhh. no one is going to rig in favour of a non yoruba. common sense

politics in the SW is different than around Nigeria- I like it THAT WAY,
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Topic

I would support someone that has been yorubanised but Dangote has not been so NNNNOOOOO! He cannot be the governor of Lagos state.

But I must point this out though, if he is igbo whether yorubanised or not, I do not want him! He[b] hates[/b] the yoruba man!! grin grin grin grin grin wink wink
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2011
I see where you getting at but you did it in the wrong . Btw, are you calling for rotation with this post

I am not calling for rotation, it would be a consensus by the stake-holders. I hate that word rota-watin
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dangote is simply a monopolist, is he not?

I don't see how this makes him a clever businessman.

I'd just rather have another Fashola-type guy take over in 2015.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dangote is simply a monopolist, is he not?

I don't see how this makes him a clever businessman

But he has not said he was going to run. He has some salient qualities that might help the profile of a city like lagos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
Salient qualities, like what?

What exactly is he bringing to the table?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

I am not calling for rotation, it would be a consensus by the stake-holders. I hate that word rota-watin

Okay, a yorubanised ( but unlikely) Dangote , I may support! But NO igbo man, Never!!!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Salient qualities, like what?

What exactly is he bringing to the table?

There has not been a federal presence in lagos for the past 12 years now. Dangote would bring the necessary  Federal presence into lagos, and moreso by 2015 we would be having a northern president that would also work in favour of lagos too.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ASL33: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2011
Knowall are you a lagos yoruba or from another state. Will you like Dangote to be the governor of your Oyo state(u grew up there from one of ur posts).
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
Knowall are you a lagos yoruba or from another state. Will you like Dangote to be the governor of your Oyo state(u grew up there from one of your posts).[quote][/quote]

noting spoil, gladly
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
KnowAll:

There has not been a federal presence in lagos for the past 12 years now. Dangote would bring the necessary  Federal presence into lagos, and moreso by 2015 we would be having a northern president that would also work in favour of lagos too.

I don't think Lagos State gives a sh1t about the federal government at this point. Who cares about the FG when you are at 80% IGR and can attract billions of dollars in foreign investment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Feminist Coalition Accused Of Withdrawing $51,000 From #EndSARS Donations Wallet / Anioma State: Youths Pay Senator Ned Nwoko Solidarity Visit At His Country Home / “it’s Time To Stop Lying”, PDP Tells APC Spokesman, Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.