Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,147 members, 7,946,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (19342 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:55am On Feb 10, 2011
What's this obsession with control of Lagos? People should be wanting their area to be richer than all of Lagos, rather than trying to partition or keep parts of a Yoruba enclave that was only forced into union with other non-Yoruba places after the British navy took it over in the 1850s. People talking about businesses or infrastructure are naive or deliberately dishonest. The real worth of any land is the space/size of the land itself, its location (a coastal port, for example) and the concomitant advantages that location provides, any natural resources in the area, and possibly the historical/cultural significance of the area. Things like businesses and infrastructure are ephemeral and can be replaced or built up as needed, so they could never provide a pretext for sharing the land, location, and resources of an area with outsiders. Accept reality.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 3:05am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

A beg, make Dangote contest, if he wins, this Yoruba/Lagos claim go end.
Everyone go know say Lagos na home for all.

and i tell you people will die

and you know what, igbos will be first before any other group cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 3:10am On Feb 10, 2011
alj harem:

and you know what, igbos will be first before any other group cheesy cheesy cheesy

The end result would be us looking as bloodthirsty and violent as the northerners are currently regarded  undecided

Unfortunate that one of the few good things that Nigeria has (Lagos), a city that is self-sufficient economically and the largest in sub-Saharan Africa, they seek to destroy.

Quite unfortunate.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by okadaman2: 3:13am On Feb 10, 2011
Otedola must run for Kano state Governor. Harry Akande must Govern Abia State. Ibru for Sokoto. Jim Ovia for Kaduna. Iwuanyanwu for Katsina. Sai Naigeria!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Obiagu1(m): 3:27am On Feb 10, 2011
alj harem:

. . . and who's afraid?
Ask any Igbo man in Lagos, they've restrained themselves so much from the troublesome OPC just because all they do is, after you beat them up during the day, at night they will go and burn your shop.

eku_bear:

The end result would be us looking as bloodthirsty and violent as the northerners are currently regarded   undecided

Unfortunate that one of the few good things that Nigeria has (Lagos), a city that is self-sufficient economically and the largest in sub-Saharan Africa, they seek to destroy.

Quite unfortunate.

There's a very thin shield between the East and the West. It's what we'll look forward to.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 3:43am On Feb 10, 2011
^--- More cheap talk.

Abeg, act on your words. Yammer, yammer, yammer. The nature of a Cryafran.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 3:46am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

^--- More cheap talk.

dapo chai!!!!!! when are you people going to wake up to this people undecided
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Obiagu1(m): 3:49am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

^--- More cheap talk.

You were the one talking about violence just because someone said Dangote should run for Lagos State governor. You have not seen violence, all you people do is talk and talk, when fight comes you'll be the first to run.
We all know how OPC works with all their big mouth.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 4:05am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

You were the one talking about violence just because someone said Dangote should run for Lagos State governor. You have not seen violence, all you people do is talk and talk, when fight comes you'll be the first to run.
We all know how OPC works with all their big mouth.

It is what it is. Claim another man's land and see what will happen.

I'm not even trying to threaten you, but it isn't hard to predict the outcome. Investing, trading, etc are fine. Politics, not OK.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Obiagu1(m): 4:14am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

It is what it is. Claim another man's land and see what will happen.

I'm not even trying to threaten you, but it isn't hard to predict the outcome. Investing, trading, etc are fine. Politics, not OK.

Look at how you reason. Will he impose himself? No

If the people vote for him and you don't like it, simply lock yourself up in the your room and cry like a woman.

This is democracy!

By the way, how does someone other than a Yoruba as Governor means he has claimed your land? Did he confiscate your father's land?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 4:24am On Feb 10, 2011
Who said it was not a democracy? He is certainly entitled to run. When did I say he wasn't?

I simply don't think it is possible for him to win.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by blackrules1(m): 4:28am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

A beg, make Dangote contest, if he wins, this Yoruba/Lagos claim go end.
Everyone go know say Lagos na home for all.
haha,

It may be termed 'Home for All'.
Please don't pretend not to know the native of the land, ok!

Èkó ò ní bàjé!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by naijaking1: 4:33am On Feb 10, 2011
okada_man:

Otedola must run for Kano state Governor. Harry Akande must Govern Abia State. Ibru for Sokoto. Jim Ovia for Kaduna. Iwuanyanwu for Katsina. Sai Naigeria!

That will happen only we become a modern nation.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Nobody: 4:34am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

Look at how you reason. Will he impose himself? No

If the people vote for him and you don't like it, simply lock yourself up in the your room and cry like a woman.

This is democracy!

By the way, how does someone other than a Yoruba as Governor means he has claimed your land? Did he confiscate your father's land?

Nigeria is marked by territorial boundary and lagos including other western states are yoruba regions or have you ever hear of yoruba name like

dangote before ? btw,are you going to have this kind of impression if dangote were to become the governor of enugu in 2015 ?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Obiagu1(m): 4:35am On Feb 10, 2011
black.rules:

haha,

It may be termed 'Home for All'.
Please don't pretend not to know the native of the land, ok!

Èkó ò ní bàjé!

The natives are there and will remain there, produce traditional rulers, their lands, the ones handed down to them by their fathers, will remain there's provided they did not sell it. A governor comes and goes, while the natives remain.

I don't know why all the cry.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 4:36am On Feb 10, 2011
Hausa boys already were fighting in the streets of Lagos. Do not make the Igbos or Ijaws join the fray. We already seen the Ijaws attack Atlas Cove and the Yorubas in Lagos got upset.

Maybe we should unleash the warlike Ijaws on Lagos. No one can tame those people.

Them Egbesu boys are something else.

If we Igbos, Hausa or Ijaws cannot have Lagos. No one can!  grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Obiagu1(m): 4:37am On Feb 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria is marked by territorial boundary and lagos including other western states are yoruba regions or have you ever hear of yoruba name like

dangote before ? btw,are you going to have this kind of impression if dangote were to become the governor of enugu in 2015 ?

I don't care if he becomes governor of Anambra, my state. Sometimes minorities often perform better because they'll want to impress and prove a point. If we don't like him we'll vote him out in the next election, we hold the key as the majority.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 4:38am On Feb 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Well he wouldn't be the first Hausa in charge of Enugu. Remember the 1st leader of Enugu was a Hausa.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:46am On Feb 10, 2011
Lagos should just be re-annexed by Benin. It'll stop all this saber-rattling between Igbos and Yorubas and also, we (Benin) need a seaport. cool

I personally want to lead the charge.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 4:48am On Feb 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Lagos should just be re-annexed by Benin. We need a seaport. cool

I personally want to lead the charge. cool

I would also support this motion!  cool

I shall give word to my cousins to give your people a fair price for our land.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Lagos should just be re-annexed by Benin. It'll stop all this saber-rattling between Igbos and Yorubas and also, we (Benin) need a seaport. cool

was lagos once an annex of benin ? shocked
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

I don't care if he becomes governor of Anambra, my state. Sometimes minorities often perform better because they'll want to impress and prove a point. If we don't like him we'll vote him out in the next election, we hold the key as the majority.

minority don't have balls to challenge majority.who is a jonathan without the back of yoruba ? undecided there is nothing that will to make a SQUATTER to lead over

yorubaland.Zik tried it and it failed. angry
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 4:53am On Feb 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Hrm, darn. I was going to annex Edo, Delta and Bayelsa, as well as the Benin Republic into my Yoruba Federation.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:53am On Feb 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

was lagos once an annex of benin ? shocked

Possibly. There are various interpretations, like a) that the Oba's son was directly sent to and made Lagos a city-state, or b) that a rebellious Iyase (general) took over Lagos and established the monarchy and then got on good terms with Benin again, after which tribute was sent or c) other interpretations

I don't care about specifics, though. grin Just the IDEA grin. I need to write my name in the annals of history and recolonizing Lagos seems like a good way to go about it. grin
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:56am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Hrm, darn. I was going to annex Edo, Delta and Bayelsa, as well as the Benin Republic into my Yoruba Federation.

lol. . .but what purpose would that serve?

My idea has the benefit of letting Igbos, Hausas, and Yorubas and others stay in Lagos and thrive without dispute or conflict when Nigeria splits. Think about it. It seems ideal from my point of view. grin
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 4:59am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Over my dead body!  angry

You are encroaching onto Igbo territory with Delta and Bayelsa State. And let us not forget the Igbo communities in Edo state. East of the River Niger is Igbo federation states.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 4:59am On Feb 10, 2011
To bring prosperity, peace, and justice to those people. Under my superb leadership, the Yoruba Federation would flourish into the next Dubai (minus the slave labor, property speculation, and mafia-controlled housing market).

Imagine 10%+ annualized GDP growth per year for 20 years or more. . . who could say no to that?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 5:00am On Feb 10, 2011
To be honest, I hope the former Mid-West region (minus Igbo areas) will have their own country. They will provide a useful buffer zone between the Igbo and Yoruba.

And the Middle Belt can be a good buffer zone as well for the new Southern nations.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Nobody: 5:01am On Feb 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Possibly. There are various interpretations, like a) that the Oba's son was directly sent to and made Lagos a city-state, or b) that a rebellious Iyase ("general"wink took over Lagos and established the monarchy and then got on good terms with Benin again, after which tribute was sent or c) other interpretations

I don't care about specifics, though. grin Just the IDEA grin. I need to write my name in the annals of history and recolonizing Lagos seems like a good way to go about it. grin

the benin people have distorted history and passed crap to people like you.they like to claim lagos as their vassal state and deny their vassal relationship with the

old oyo empire. . .na wa o embarassed shocked
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 5:03am On Feb 10, 2011
Actually, Singapore is an even better analogy, perhaps.

I could be Lee Kuan Yew, Part #2
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 5:04am On Feb 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Actually, Singapore is an even better analogy, perhaps.

I could be Lee Kuan Yew, Part #2

Singapore is such a technocratic state, with very strict laws. You should see their laws on littering.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by ekubear1: 5:06am On Feb 10, 2011
^-- This is what I've been told by my pops, hehe. Excellent country though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

[photos] Ibadan Is More Developed Than Any Igbo State / Reno Speaks On Video Of Uncompleted Ogwashi-Ukwu Dam PMB said was Commissioned / APC Fumes As PDP Demands Review Of Buhari Supreme Court Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.