Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,839 members, 7,882,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

Networking Problem Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Networking Problem Pls Help (583 Views)

Computer Networking Problem. / Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help / Networking Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking Problem Pls Help by salinson: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2011
The engineer in the house kindly help with networking
i want 2 network 2 laptop through wire {cable} and now the 2 system can see each other but t the other one cannot browse the internet through the other one. What should i do pls help pls
i conf the lan manually pls kindly help
oshodustech@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by VALIDATOR: 12:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
First,since you are connecting the computers directly to each other without going through any switch,you must use a cross over cable.Then share the internet connection on the one acting as gateway.
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by salinson: 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
@VALIDATOR
i use the cross cable even now the two system can share resources like folders, printers and some other things
just that the other systems can't browse the system also i configure the the LAN manually i.e i gave it
IP address       subnet mask              default gateway          because of IP conflict
so pls what did u think i should do now
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by VALIDATOR: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
Use windows help to take you through the process of configuring Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by turboman(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is the solution. Enable internet connection sharing and the other system will browse. the process is easy, however, getting to ICS setup depends on your the version of your OS (xp,vista,win7. . . . . ).

Whats your OS?
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by salinson: 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2011
turboman:

ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is the solution. Enable internet connection sharing and the other system will browse. the process is easy, however, getting to ICS setup depends on your the version of your OS (xp,vista,win7. . . . . ).

Whats your OS?

thanks i use windows xp
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by turboman(m): 1:25am On Feb 13, 2011
Remember to reset the internet connection after sharing

Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by chrizfasa(m): 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2011
oga which of the service provider u dey use?
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by donline: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2011
more explaination
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2011
WHAT IS IT,THAT YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD WITH OUR "GREEDY" SERVICE PROVIDERS?
HERE IS 18G FOR JUST N2,000!!!
UPDATE ANTI VIRUS,SOFTWARES
OPEN ALL SECURED SITE LIKE YAHOO,GMAIL,LIBERTY RESERVE,FACEBOOK,YAHOO MESSENGER
DOWNLOAD FULL MOVIE,MUSICS,GAMES ETC
18G EVERY MONTH!!! ALL THE WAY, INDAIN WEB PROXY
Re: Networking Problem Pls Help by bhsadmin: 11:52pm On Feb 14, 2011
@Johnpaul2k2 can't you be useful for once. ur mate dey provide solution you dey here dey market iwp. can't you create ur tread?

Na way oh

(1) (Reply)

Experiencing A Poor Network / Bestbuy / Know Ur Next Available Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.