Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Curious Need Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Curious Need Help (599 Views)

One Of The Most Curious Building In Japan... / Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos / Hi, Am Just Curious To Find Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curious Need Help by ugolas: 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2011
help me NL, is it wise and safe to send my international passport through courier from Nigeria to the US for visa processing?
Re: Curious Need Help by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
ugolas:

help me NL, is it wise and safe to send my international passport through courier from Nigeria to the US for visa processing?

Hw will you do that? Why not apply for the visa there in Nigeria?
Re: Curious Need Help by ugolas: 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2011
There is this recruitment firm in the US that is working on getting me a 2yrs working visa in Canada and they asked me to courier my passport for visa processing. I want to know if it is possible that process my visa from there and courier my passport back to me. Though they are not asking me for any financial commitment I just want to be sure my passport is safe. Has anyone gone through such experience pls tell me the outcome.
Re: Curious Need Help by segzeybaba(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
ugolas:

There is this recruitment firm in the US that is working on getting me a 2yrs working visa in Canada and they asked me to courier my passport for visa processing. I want to know if it is possible that process my visa from there and courier my passport back to me. Though they are not asking me for any financial commitment I just want to be sure my passport is safe. Has anyone gone through such experience pls tell me the outcome.

Lol you must still be living in the 10th century! Shine your eyes ooo grin
Re: Curious Need Help by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
ugolas:

Wait untill they get ur passport. .then u will know whether money will come into it or not. And you will have to explain to Canadain embassy how you get the visa in Canada without traveling there.
Re: Curious Need Help by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
@Segzey baba- Baba just read ur post. I advise u not to send out ur passport because if you are needed for employment in canada, u are suppose to apply at d canadian embassy in the country u legally reside in which is Nigeria. I have neva heard of this storyline, pls be sure of who u dealing with not to fall into the wrong hands, but concerning this post, i think its a no no no. If u really need a work visa, go thru the right channel, apply for a job online using workpolis, its a site for folks seeking jobs in canada, once u have an offer , they will send u some docs to present at the embassy. Bear in mind this kind of process takes close to 2-3 yrs.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Who Can Give Me Info About Gambia? I Need Basic Information About Gambia, Cost Of House Acco / Studying In The Uk? / US To Make Visa Application Process Easier For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.