Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. (84951 Views)

She Made Him Wait For 4 Years For Sex, But Slept With A New Guy In A Week! / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Oghenerobo2002(m): 7:32am On Aug 01, 2020
Osanoghodua1:

Na wash, if it's you, you can't even come up here to say it. Na wash you dey wash
Na u think am like that. I hope it's not me though. The op doesn't have a picture or location to narrow my suspicions
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by oodua1stson: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2020
merieam16:
Fake story. i kno is a guy under dat moniker
so you mean girls don't leave their boyfriends for another guy?
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Ramaa(m): 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
That is why I don’t need a girlfriend

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by OyinO: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
Mike008:
This doesn't call for condemnation people.
Y'all already acting like she has already left the old guy for the new one. If she had "lied" the old guy has bad qualities which should be enough to leave him, you people will still castigate and call her a ho and all.
This is story of someone been honest and sincere with the truth, and again her conscience tells her it is something heavy to take so she needs advice, not insults and condemnation.
Remember she didn't go hunting, she was hunted so the problem is not with her, but how much the new guy has turned her charm on in a way her old boyfriend hasn't, and the woman in you is simply reacting accordingly.

However before you make a decision, be sure you are at that sound age where you can really decide what you want.

Be certain you have never told the new guy the things you like about a man, he may be playing to your script, and if you haven't, take more time to understand him.

Be certain your affection for the new guy is not because of money.

I can recommend an expert who may have an answer to your predicament.

You're good!
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Gwagone: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
donstan18:
If you are a Guy reading this, please pay attention.

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

You see those 4 parts I highlighted? They should be the reason why you should never expect much from GIRLFRIENDS, they are just hoes parading as Girlfriends.

The earlier you understand this the better for you. Thanks!!
YOU ARE GOOD BROS
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by simplepee(f): 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
The first comment has said it all. Commitment is the key. You will always find better people.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
I know say the present guy go don eat your ponmo.. The new guy also go continue where the present guy stop....this life is one..you have to make sure you distribute your ponmo to as many people as they Woah you in their conversion...

Folks, I conclude that these generation ladies are whores that lack the commitment to any of their customers or clients....

My sister, keep distributing your ponmo is part of what is trending...the more ponmo you distribute the higher your slay Queen ranking...

Idiot...This kind of person will keep on changing husbands like cloth after marriage...because they will never be satisfied with the one they have...

However, if the present guy is a mad, fool, wcked or an irresponsible man, this is an opportunity for you to say goodbye to him and say welcome to the new guy....

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by ladi02(m): 7:42am On Aug 01, 2020
You dont leave a relationship to because you want to start a new relationship.

You leave a relationship because it's not working or there are issues.

You should not enter a relationship and think when I find a better person I will move.

Check If your reason to leave your bf is to go with a new guy then you have missed it! That cycle will continue.

You might think you are not married now and should go with the best candidate, my dear its that thinking that grows with you.

I am almost certain this new guy na chop and run..he decided to stay away cos he knows you have a good thing and a good person. Leave the door closed and run, infact if he contacts you again DO NOT RESPOND!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Mike008(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2020
Somebody(you don't know) posted an emotionally dicey situation for advice and you people come and post some one-sided, disparaging rubbish like you are a relationship experts. Even the worst type of expert will act at least professional, but now I understand you are not, and nothing close to one, so your opinions doesn't even matter.

I am not one myself but I know the problem with most nairalanders is that we are always "infected" by comments, especially negative comments, which negates our abilities to think in-depthly and make more informed opinions.
People just decide to flow with the tide here. You read a post and form an opinion based on majority opinions or the first thing that comes to your myopic mind.
Always give a second thought to every situation before concluding, perhaps that can inform a sound and objective reasoning or a decision with exceptions.

Now think about situations where the lady in question is your sister or a trusted friend, would you careless enough to advice her on the best decision for herself or call her a ho?

Or even as a man you see a woman that truly reflects what you want in a woman, would you stop desiring her because she is in a relationship? I know most guys will not mind.
But because it is a lady that has identified her dream, it is enough reason to blackmail her.

Many situations abound where the least you could do is remain sympathetic to a person who is sincere about her life's predicament and choices and seeks guidancee, than castigate and condemn someone you don't even know. We must always strike a connection with people that come and ask for opinions online. It shouldn't just be an online social media thing, always put yourself in a position of a fiduciary relationship with that person, play the role of an expert and try to help. This will elicit opinions from other experts which will lead to more opinions and counter opinions and in the end we all get to learn.

We must all learn to draw a line between relationship and marriage.
Relationship is not marriage.
In a relationship you are free to leave whoever doesn't meet your criteria of a lifetime partner for someone who does, but in marriage you are not. But even in marriage divorce is allowed on good grounds.
Maybe if premarital sex was not so much of an issue in our society today, a willing breakup will not be construed as an infidelity.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by alakhumeorobo: 7:48am On Aug 01, 2020
That new guy is just a passing fancy, be focus and stop long throat

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by WeNoGoDie(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2020
FluxEmpire:
I'd put things clear as apt as it is... If you say you love the second guy, then you never loved the first... You can't love two people at the same time; it's impossible.

If you wanna go for the second guy, then do so and stop using the first as leverage or collateral to keep whenever the new guy is unavailable.

Furthermore, you'd be doing more good than harm in leaving your first boyfriend because as it is, you clearly don't love him because love goes beyond what you just see physically. It's accepting one's shit and excesses and loving them for who they are.

Give your first boyfriend the respect he deserves by leaving him and stop loving him out of pity. You're only making him a lovelorn. If you actually knew that the new guy had all you needed in a man, courtesy states that you remain single till you get to meet such guy even if it takes 100 years but outta being lonely, you opted to date your first and now the man of your dreams appeared, the first seems to fade in your eyes...

YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

Give the first boyfriend the honor he deserves and let a woman who is worthy of him be with him. You can't eat your cake and have it. Next time, carry a TO-DO-LIST about your expectations with you henceforth because it seems if another guy should sweep you outta your feet better than the second, you might as well put the second in the corners.

I might have been rude but pardon my unfriendliness; the TRUTH hurts.

IT IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE TO LOVE TWO PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME. YOU LOVE YOUR PARENTS SIBLINGS AND WIFE AND CHILDREN AT THE SAME TIME(Let's start from there).

Its possible to love 3,4,5 different ladies at the same time and vice versa. Rare but it happens.

The problem is what you do with it. If you want to be responsible about it or not.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Abbeylanre15(m): 7:53am On Aug 01, 2020
To be sincere with you, the new guy is everything you call him, since he can respect u n leave u once he knows you are in a relationship. You are the one that's left to also respect your self. Write this down somewhere, the new guy won't treat you well if u eventually leaves your bf for him coz he will believe U're definitely going to give him the same treatment sooner than later. Just 6months relationship.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Chizzychinny: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2020
FluxEmpire:
I'd put things clear as apt as it is... If you say you love the second guy, then you never loved the first... You can't love two people at the same time; it's impossible.

If you wanna go for the second guy, then do so and stop using the first as leverage or collateral to keep whenever the new guy is unavailable.

Furthermore, you'd be doing more good than harm in leaving your first boyfriend because as it is, you clearly don't love him because love goes beyond what you just see physically. It's accepting one's shit and excesses and loving them for who they are.

Give your first boyfriend the respect he deserves by leaving him and stop loving him out of pity. You're only making him a lovelorn. If you actually knew that the new guy had all you needed in a man, courtesy states that you remain single till you get to meet such guy even if it takes 100 years but outta being lonely, you opted to date your first and now the man of your dreams appeared, the first seems to fade in your eyes...

YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

Give the first boyfriend the honor he deserves and let a woman who is worthy of him be with him. You can't eat your cake and have it. Next time, carry a TO-DO-LIST about your expectations with you henceforth because it seems if another guy should sweep you outta your feet better than the second, you might as well put the second in the corners.

I might have been rude but pardon my unfriendliness; the TRUTH hurts.
perfect, she really needs TO-DO-LIST.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Heman7(m): 7:54am On Aug 01, 2020
Same thing my girlfriend did to me just cos the guy came showering her with gifts and money, had to be single again ����

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by EmmaLege: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2020
donstan18:

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

You see those 4 parts I highlighted? They should be the reason why you should never expect much from GIRLFRIENDS, they are just hoes parading as Girlfriends.

Bless you brother kiss
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Adebusolaabike(f): 7:57am On Aug 01, 2020
There is something called contentment. And that’s where the problem lies. Your boyfriend has been there for you and you want to leave him for someone you barely know all because he ticks all the right boxes of yours. I’d say you remain in your relationship and love your boyfriend wholeheartedly..
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Soljaboi44(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2020
It will end in tears undecided
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Sixfeetbelle: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2020
leveljames:
my girlfriend we dated for years did exactly the same to me by leaving me for a guy she just met because i was not ready to marry her due to financial constraints. U can't trust woman.. pls dnt be in a haste to leave ur boyfriend who loves n care abt u to this guy u just met. He has succeeded by playing his perfected games on u, u re now looking n running after him.

Well, tbh, it was safer that she did. The probability of you eventually marrying her is on a 50-50 basis.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by SamUnbeatable(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2020
donstan18:

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

wisdom kill u
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Papadoh(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2020
linked:
Don't be a door without a lock. It is clear that you are not committed to your present relationship. Now that's a big problem. It speaks more to your character than anything else. The problem is not whether you like the new guy more than your guy, but that you don't understand that commitment is essential for a healthy relationship.

Maybe you are not matured enough to know that in life you will always meet someone more interesting, more handsome, more wealthy, more nice than whoever you chose to date or marry. Las las I suspect you will end up a wretch if you do not discipline yourself with self control.

You should date or marry a person not because you have not found someone better than them. Rather it should be because you CHOSE to be with them. Even when you find someone better (which will definitely happen), it wouldn't matter to you.
Wisdom
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by djfalone(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2020
The truth is this : what you tolerate you authorize to exist. Period. You are caught up between doing the right thing and what is actually on your mind. You have your own moral compass and it doesn't have to align with ours. Relationships will always have one distraction or the other . You will always meet or see someone who is more attractive, intelligent , handsome , richer , caring than your partner. Facts!
The true test of a stable and true relationship is how you deal with these so called 'distractions'. Some would argue that you are not married to your partner and still permitted to explore your options . How would you feel if you were in the same shoes and your boyfriend was entertaining another female and was confused as well? Emotional cheating has short and long term implications. That's why some people have postulated that " i girl/guy dates pending the period they find someone better"

The honorable thing to do to avoid double dating is to let go of one of them. It won't be easy but it will solve the problem
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by uchrikk(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2020
Favour2323

When a woman marries two husbands (in your case "two boyfriends), she will know the one that is better. You think your boyfriend is good but he is not good enough. Alright, go ahead and try the second guy.

As it stands now, that second guy will never trust you, if you begin to date him now . He will always think that you will end up dumping him when you find a better person, because you will always meet better guys.

In conclusion, I see you running back to beg your boyfriend if you leave him. By which time it might be too late. You better control yourself. Good a thing, the second guy has stopped disturbing you. Let him go.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Kayw4re(m): 8:08am On Aug 01, 2020
donstan18:

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

Make I just dash you the last 600 naira in my acct. grin. D gods bless you ma'am .
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by ramatintin(m): 8:11am On Aug 01, 2020
Take this slap to reset your brain since u have cheated already just Waka n leave d poor guy.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Peacefullove: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2020
humilitypays:
Ladies are their own problem.

relationship is not marriage. Until a guy pays your full dowry, you don't owe him any explanation to walk away or fvck another sweeter dick.

Why must u seek for permission from others to date a guy u find attractive for your taste.

We guys are hypocrites, we make too much noise, we want ladies to be what we can never be.

Can that your boyfriend swear that he hasn't fvcked other chicks since u guys started dating And if he says yes he has not, then he is broke, ugly, not classy undecided

You better your eyes and explore, guys do same. Don't listen to guys opinion on this cos we are hypocrites, we want ladies not to double date while dating us but we fourtiple abi fiftiple date and heavens haven't fell.

Don't break up with your boyfriend, just flow along with both of them and stop brandishing one yeye boy that have not paid your bride price in the name of girlfriend boyfriend that most times don't lead to anywhere good at the end!!

You mustn't tell every guy you meet that you have a boyfriend, you ladies are demarketing yourselves by doing that. You are single until you are legally married!!!

While I support commitment in relationship, I also support being happy. Most of the people blaming Favour2323 are Guys, the question is: If it were a guy seeking advice , Would they blame him or ask him to do what makes him happy ?

Am aware there is double standard when it comes to women.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by pretyval: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2020
So how is this out business? I don't know why we don't have professional therapist in this yeye country. This is their work.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Ericharlse: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2020
Woww.... I must say you are a very good tourist.
Check that site well for another 6yrs... There's still Vatican museums, Colosseum lining up for you.....and only you Ode.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Smartrock: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2020
Do you want to earn?

Refer clients who want private lesson teachers and get paid for it

Call 08148012238 for details
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Innobee99(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2020
TimeTraveler369:
Should we tell her? grin
No please.....

It will break her heart
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by CheedyJ(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2020
So, what happens when u meet someone with better qualities than this new guy? ? You better make up ur mind cos not all that glitters is gold some na Malam bling bling..
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Thiijhay(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2020
We shouldn't blame the girl for loving another man over her bf. Some ladies rush into anyhow relationship which I guess might have lead her into her so called bf all cos they want to have someone to lean on anytime they are bored, which might have been cos of pressure from home or from their friends. But I will advice you to work on yourself first by understanding what you really want in a man(qualities). Because in life, you will surely meet someone better than someone than someone....
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by bonnyhope: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2020
Favour2323:
Nairalanders, I'm about to do something my conscience doesn't agree with but it feels like the right decision to make. I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for the past 6 months. I love him. We were good friends before we started dating. I'm someone who doesn't trust easily and I like to assess a guy for a while before dating him. I assessed his intentions and I realised he didn't just want to have sex with me and leave. He loved me just as I loved him.

Three months ago I met this guy. At first I just saw him as a friend, but as I got to know him I started noticing the good qualities he possessed. He's very attractive, very intelligent and wellspoken. My conversations with him were so immersive. The little time I spent with him always left a profound impression on me. Soon I noticed I had started developing feelings for him. I was still in love with my boyfriend nevertheless.

One day the new guy asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did. The next day he called me and said that he didn't want to interfere with my relationship. He said he had feelings for me and he couldn't remain friends with me when he knows I have a boyfriend. I told him that I had feelings for him as well and that we could still remain friends but he refused and suggested that we stopped talking. He hasn't called or texted me since that day.

This situation has left me in an emotional turmoil. This new guy represents everything I want in a guy and as much as I don't want to admit it, he possesses better qualities than my boyfriend. I can't imagine a life where I can't talk to him anymore. I really like him. His decision has left me in a dicey position. It's unfair to leave my boyfriend who has always been nice to me for someone else, but the new guy doesn't want to have anything to do with me again as long as I'm in a relationship.

Please I need advice. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

The most confused creature on earth is women.
Very unstable in everything they do except having sex

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Posts Pic On FB About To Have Sex With Man, Man's Other GF Comes For Her. / Why My Wife Will Never Go For Yoga Classes (See Shocking Photo) / Chinese Man 'Long Ting' Marries Nigerian Girl In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.