Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,557 members, 7,944,670 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Daily Cry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Cry (114 Views)

Daily Cry / Daily Cry / Daily Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Cry by adefajosekayo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
<B>DAILY CRY</B>

There was a little boy, his parents usually give him honey and bitterleaf to eat everyday after other meal. One day, this boy was asked to make a choice between honey and bitterleaf. He choose the bitterleaf and when asked why? He said '' whenever you give me honey, it is sweet at first but later I feel its bitterness and this do last for long, and I always want to take more to stop the bitterness but it used to be like adding fuel to fire. But whenever I eat bitterleaf, at first, it is bitter, so bitter that I squeeze my face, but in the next minutes everything I eat become sweet.

Like the illustration above, that is how sin and righteousness is. At first sin may look pleasing and attractive but the end is always bitter and a sinner always want to go for more maybe it will end the bitterness it has caused. But righteousness, it may look hard and difficult when one first accept it or looking at it, but when you know what it encompass, you will hold unto it and choose it over everything Hebrew 6:1-6.

I cry, sin is attractive but destructive. Like I read from somewhere, it started with taste, so to end it, you need a taste. Taste righteousness and be free. If you're a furnicator, drunkard, lie ....... Taste abstainess from this things and you will be free
RIGHTEOUSNESS

(1) (Reply)

When Man Becomes Overwhelmed With.... / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/08/2020 / Forgive And Move On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.