Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,900 members, 7,886,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

Going To Church Is A Waste Of Time – Ghanaian Actress - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Going To Church Is A Waste Of Time – Ghanaian Actress (580 Views)

Nadia Buari VS Jacki Appiah: Who Is Your Favorite All Time Ghanaian Actress? / Harrysong On COZA Pastor Bidoun: A Bigger Battle Against The Church Is Coming / Curvy Ghanaian Actress, Joselyn Dumas Looks Stunning In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church Is A Waste Of Time – Ghanaian Actress by RandomAfrican1: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2020

Ghanaian actress by name Christiana Awuni has said that the attendance of church services is a waste of one’s time. She says this even though she identifies as a strong Christian.

Source; https://africaatrandom.com/going-to-church-is-a-waste-of-time-ghanaian-actress/

She was speaking with On Air Personality (OAP) Nana Romeo on Accra 100.5FM ‘s ‘Ayeeko’ show when she made the statement.

She says that for her, she believes that once we are able to pray by ourselves and God can hear us same way he can hear any pastor, she does not see the reason why people should throng church premises.

“I’m a Christian. I’ve taken Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour. I pray but I don’t go to church. I decided not to go. I have been to a lot of churches,” she said.

“To me, there is no need going to church because I know that if I go on my knees and pray, God will listen and he listens. In my view, the pastor is a human being like me. The same way God uses him, he can also use me so why should I waste my time in church,” she added.

Christiana is known widely in Ghana for starring in many movies shot in Ghana’s middle belt city of Kumasi.

The Ghanaian actress was recently in the news based off rumours that she had a hand in the death of fellow actor, Bernard Nyarko. This she has denied categorically stating that she finds such tabloid reports preposterous.

Madam Awuni is a veteran actress who has acted mostly in local twi speaking movies. She has almost 3 decades of acting under her belt, having featured in close to 100 movies.

She is currently divorced and indicated in a recent interview with renowned media personality, Delay (Deloris Frimpong Manso), that she has no intentions of remarrying as she wasn’t sure if whether or not she is cut out for it.
Re: Going To Church Is A Waste Of Time – Ghanaian Actress by thesicilian: 11:31am On Aug 02, 2020
She said it's a waste of time for her.
Re: Going To Church Is A Waste Of Time – Ghanaian Actress by XXXXTENTACION: 11:52am On Aug 02, 2020
Wahala yazzzo shocked

true to some extents sha undecided

especially...
Re: Going To Church Is A Waste Of Time – Ghanaian Actress by PureGoldh(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Local man is just speechless

(1) (Reply)

My Choir Banned Me For Getting Pregnant — Singer Waje / Nengi And Laycon Rocking,trikytee Drunk, Nengi & Ozo(video) / Ozo And I Would Have Done Stuff �- Nengi Bbnaija 2020 | Nengi Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.