Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,916 members, 7,973,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:44 AM

Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? (6221 Views)

Poll: Who?

Police: 51% (89 votes)
PHNC (Nepa): 48% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by seyibrown(f): 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
I'd say PHCN! Most people are directly affected by PHCN 'efficiency' grin than by Police 'friendliness' grin. Even small pikin know wen PHCN comot light!
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
pss:

PHCN due to corruption while Police due to abuse of power
If you check the records of the Transparency International index of the most corrupt organizations in Nigeria, You will see that police and PHCN competes for the No1 position on the list every year. If police is the most corrupt in a particular year, PHCN will be first runner up and verse versa  grin

The Nigerian Police is more insulted.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by maxtop(m): 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
THOSE ASSHOLE AND SON OF A B**CH "MEN IN BLACK" !!! THEY ARE FOOLS OF THE 1ST ORDER angry angry angry
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by mrman3(m): 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
BOTH lipsrsealed
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by nzeduka: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
IF u want to do any occasion and u call police for gard be  shour that
hi  most kill somebody for u.

When  i see police in another country, i  admire been one but here in
Nigeria is the worst job to me.in stead i take okada job,corndoctor,
or agbolopark.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Tsun(f): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
Abeg na police,
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by 1money: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2011
I don't like both but I curse phcn most.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2011
Almost everybody uses electricity in Nigeria, meaning almost everybody insults PHCN fo their obvious ineficiency! Not many people have contact wit police on a daily basis, unless u r a criminal!
So in my opinion PHCN is the most insulted
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
of course the ever dependable PHCN tongue
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by bigdoo: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2011
I don't encounter PHCN staff very often so I have little business with them.  Nigerian Police is the most annoying, corrupt and incompetent force than I have encountered throughout my entire experience with police force in other countries both developed and undeveloped.  When they see me driving in any of my big jeeps, they will never ask for my particulars, the worst they will say is "anything for the boys"?  However anytime I drive any of my small cars, I get harassed and asked to park and show my particulars and so on.  One day I was driving along Lagos Shagamu express road and another driver was behind me with a newly registered car I was just trying to take home.  I got a lot of harassment that I had to ask them if "it was a crime for anyone to buy or register a new car in Nigeria"?  However the car was not even a new car as such but a car I had used for nearly 10 years in UK and then I decided to bring it home.  When I felt so uncomfortable with their constant harassment I decided to call on my Commissioner of Police friend and had him speak to his men anytime they stopped me to ask for bribe.  However my Commissioner of Police friend asked me not to be too harsh with the policemen.  He said that I should not have asked the policemen if "it was a crime for someone to buy a new car (or Tokumbo) in Nigeria.  Overseas, nobody either the police or civilians even your neighbours cares whether you buy a new car or not.  It's not a big deal because almost everybody can afford to buy one.  I have never been stopped by police in either UK, Germany or USA where I have driven different cars on different ocassions. Nigerian police is a sham and the grassroot of corruption as they display their corrupt practice openly on the streets making it a norm.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by sirp2007: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
its DRAW,
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by ihonbajie: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
police code
January, 1000
February, 2000
march , 3000
April , 4000

bail is free!!!!!!!!

but for phcn is very easy
reconnection fee
1k flat sad shocked

E nor easy but Nigerians must survive
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Intrepid1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
Omo, na PHCN o! Not everyone comes in contact with the police on a daily basis but who dey ever get light 24 hours a day? Especially when you want to iron!
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by wunmilyn(f): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
Its Police, for PHCN we reverse the insult wen the power is back (up nepa!!!!!!!) grin
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Intrepid1(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
wunmilyn:

Its Police, for PHCN we reverse the insult wen the power is back (up nepa!!!!!!!) grin

So na you dey shout 'UP NEPA' whenever dem bring light for area abi? I been don dey suspect you since!
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by xammy(m): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
they are both mother erkucf
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by ihonbajie: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2011
is police that receive the most insult and sometime they disgrace their self to much in public too much because of money.   if you want to confirm this just take a police to a beer palour
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by MUZBO(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2011
Neither, Its Lastma! Even though they r based only in Lagos I still say its them
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by clomn(m): 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
poooollllllliiiiiiiiiccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Waduku(m): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
An average Police man in Nigeria is corrupt,D case is so pathetic in Lagos,where it has become a norm to be giving them 100.Then i ask is it save to follow the norm or is normal to be save?
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by eghost247(m): 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
im going with police funny right now they are both on the same level on the poll
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by apoti(m): 6:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
when I was growing up it used to be NEPA (I remember my mum used to call them 'oloriburuku'  grin)
But now I think i the police have overtaken them, because I hear people abusing them almost everywhere, everyday.  grin
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Abbygurl(f): 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2011
All i know is that both of them are BIG disgrace to Nigeria & Nigerians FULLSTOP
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Abbygurl(f): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
Police stops u @ checkpoints, ask 4 money and then give change. Please what are they selling?
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by playboy19(m): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
I think they have it equally. Like someone has already mentioned here, they work hand in hand. PHCN off the light at night, pave way for arm robbers to come in and next day Police officers will start rading innocent people just to collect Bail charges from them (even after loosing their properties)
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by ikkkkk: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
phcn all the way. reason is that we get to feel their pain every day.
police is lesser cos u feel curse them only when u occasionally jam them grin grin grin
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Fearcom(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
Police,N.E.P.APHCN. . . .hmmmm. . . .i'll say PHCN sad
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
Its Police. As for NEPA, Nigerians praise them alot. If not why do people still shout "Up NEPA!" anytime those nitwits release their hold on power
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by WackyJ1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
Personally i don't curse either but i'm more in contact with PHCN that The police cos because of Them i sweat anyhow in the afternoon.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by MrRambo: 1:08am On Feb 12, 2011
LMAO.
In my opinion police na raaabish for this country. Nepa gets hailed every time power comes on (UP NEPA!!!) in the neighborhood. But even when the police show off suspects or criminals at press briefings or on TV, pple still believe the real criminals are on the streets and those shown are innocents.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by WackyJ1(m): 2:03am On Feb 12, 2011
Mr Rambo:

Even when the police show off suspects or criminals at press briefings or on TV, pple still believe the real criminals are on the streets and those shown are innocents.
Lol
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Princek12(m): 4:39am On Feb 12, 2011
aye PHCN oni da. ko ni da fun won.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Relevance Of Lawyers In The Development Of Nigeria? / Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager / How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.