Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,916 members, 7,973,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:44 AM

Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? (6221 Views)

Poll: Who?

Police: 51% (89 votes)
PHNC (Nepa): 48% (85 votes)
This poll has ended

PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 12, 2011
phcn
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2011
Hey Poster You dont Call it 'Insult' its called Civil Democrated Rights Demand
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by yhemini: 11:39am On Feb 12, 2011
police ar d worst frnd u can av,very animalistic humans.i think dey deserve more than curses.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by cooltobex(m): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2011
i think they are both culprits in the nigerian system, so they both share in the blame.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by One4you: 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
To me the most insulted one is Police why because many of them are criminals and they can intimedate people without committing any ofence.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by deadie(m): 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2011
Please do not say anyone insults the Nigerian Police. I looked up the definition of insult and it is defined as AN EXPRESSION THAT WHICH IS CONSIDERED DEGRADING AND OFFENSIVE. If I thus make the statement that the entire Nigerian Police Limited is corrupt, I do not see the insult there, since that is a factual statement. You could argue that a few aren't corrupt, but the action of such few is masked by that of the overwhelming majority. Where are the good ones when u are unjustly locked up and have to cough out 10,000 for ur bail? How many innocents people have lost their lives directly or indirectly due to the action of the Nigerian Police. If the protest in Egypt were to occur in Nigeria, I bet u the Nigerian Police would probably kill half the protesters if ordered by a Politician in Power. No amount of fanciful words, no matter how well articulated could be insulting to the present Nigerian Police Limited.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by ivielove: 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2011
they both need prayers
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by gee2(m): 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2011
its d POLICE cos they harass one almost everyday n they will surely get on one nerves either on is on foot or driving
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Limaoscar: 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
PHCN most definitely. Back home in Naija you get to live with PHCN or thought of one man standing by a switch and toying with it depending on his mood and thereby causing you grief. Cops?, nah, once in a while or at least only in traffic occasionally.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Limaoscar: 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2011
IF u want to do any occasion and u call police for gard be shour that
hi most kill somebody for u.[/b]When i see police in another country, i admire been one but here in
Nigeria is the worst job to me.[b]in stead i take okada job,corndoctor,
or agbolopark.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, OMG. I get the idea!
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by playboy19(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
Limaoscar:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, OMG. I get the idea!

Quite glaring grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by jude33084(m): 10:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
if to say insult dey kill, Nepa for don die since grin
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by julimax(m): 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2011
I wont doubt you guys but Just check am, People when hate poilce na guys  when dey drive for road, when police dey affect either by collecting or causing holdup due to their =N=20 + other nonsense for road , guys when dey do business when police dey disturbing for share time to time, innocent youths when police dey chop and most seriously, criminals  wink But for PHCN aka NEPA, na the whole Naija oh,   me, you the small kid when no fit watch cartoon or the girl when no fit charge her phone and watch her Soap opera, etc even my mother sef when no fit watch her home-movie + welder when no see light to finish him work, If you take vote NEPA go win, landslide victory grin
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Osama10(m): 4:39am On Feb 13, 2011
I thinks its the police.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Dmarshal: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2011
Police dey kollek curse, abuse, insult pass phcn o,
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
d votin statistics here talks 4 itself, NEPA sucks lyk he-goat in it heat period.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by ladoma(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
busy bodies all of una.dont you have better things to do.this is gossip.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by playboy19(m): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2011
ladoma:

busy bodies all of una.dont you have better things to do.this is gossip.

Okay, you don shine. Dem don see you. You self don talk, mugu dey do like sey no be naija you dey. You no go fit see police call ham id.iot in real life, the slightest opportunity wey you get online, you still dey form yeye big boy wey you no be. Infact, who call you for here self?
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by ogbongzky(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2011
Besides PHCN, then it will be Yakubu and Kaita grin cheesy wink
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Awhotu(m): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2011
phcn are like injury, while nig. police add more salt to injuries. both are corrupt. i don't like generator noise dat why i hate phcn most.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Ranoscky(m): 11:19am On Feb 14, 2011
Those of you mentioning calling on NEPA b'cos, they do sieze power frequently and b'cos, you have no daily basis meeting with the police, that is nonsense! I have nothing with the police, and, infact, NEPA affects me most due to their frequent power faliure, but, I rather live with the way they supply the light than seeing a policeman kill an innocent soul all for no reason!

I only get upset for som few munites when NEPA takes the light but, I think of murder when I see a policeman! angry
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by sley4life(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2011
PHCN, they are more closer to us than Police cos we use electricity everyday. If swear they work i bet u no phcn staff go dey alive 2day. Na Robot go dey run am
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by caringchi(f): 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2011
PHCN- period!!
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Abilaolu: 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
In as much as both are a cause of constant irritation. I rain ample abuse on PHCN more cause i am constantly reminded while my route to work does not take me by police as often. angry
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by spicy007(f): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2011
tho its a keen competition as to who is more insulted of the two, but i still lean more to PHCN.
they get cursed everyday by virtually everybody, whereas not everyone is harrassed by the Police cos not everyone has cars.
Remember PHCN gets cursed:
a. in the middle of the football match, just when Messi is about to give a kicker close to the net, or the World-Cup final match (Nigeria vs Brazil) at the 125th minute, just when the referee has awarded 5 penalties to both sides
b.  in the middle of the movie, just when the bad guy is about to kill the good guy( or vice versa),
c. just as you turn on the iron on Sunday night to press your office clothes for the week
d. at 10pm in the night when you are out of fuel for the generator and you have an indisposed child in your care.
e. when you have just fully stocked up you fridge/freezer with food items for the month and your I-PASS-MY-NEIGHBOUR generator cant step up to the task of keeping them frozen.
f. you just popped that frozen turkey in the microwave to thaw
g. you just ran out of gas and decided to continue cooking the already parboiled rice on the electric stove.
h. when you have guests in the house at night just about to delve into that lovely dinner you just cooked
i. during the hottest of nights in the heat of passion,
j. the same day you forgot to buy candles or matches or kerosene for the stove while at the market.
i could go on and on,

i dont think of th Police as much as i think of NEPA. in the office, on the way home, at home, when i wake up,
and then , i thank Gd for the INVERTER, that has come to save the day.
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by WackyJ1(m): 12:44am On Feb 15, 2011
Ranoscky:

I think of murder when I see a policeman! angry
Lol! the irony
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by DrEkehnde(m): 1:44am On Feb 15, 2011
up nepa or fvk police
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by roymary: 2:13am On Feb 15, 2011
They both suck!
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:16am On Feb 15, 2011
The police is our friend, it is not right to insult them. sad
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by WackyJ1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2011
OgidiBoy:

if they were really our friends we wouldn't have this topic
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by Ranoscky(m): 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
OgidiBoy:

It's only those that their fathers or relation, works in the NPF are the ones that do come up with such utter rubbish!

Police is YOUR friend after killing innocent souls b'cos of 20/50, right? undecided

E b lyk say na u dey help dem dey colect shandi for bustop, abi? angry
Re: Who Do Nigerians Insult Most: Police Or Phcn(formerly Nepa)? by eewule(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2011
The fact is that the police only get insulted when the sieze money, stop ya car or arrest without good reason. and even-so, people do it secretly not insulting them to their face.

But PHCN gets insulted everytime they take light or power goes off, so they have to be the most insulted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Relevance Of Lawyers In The Development Of Nigeria? / Thread For Quantity Surveyors, Construction Economist, Cost Expert, Com. Manager / How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.