Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,849 members, 7,886,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan (5807 Views)

I’m Proud Of Nnamdi Kanu, He’s Just Like Me — Father / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / I’m Proud Of Alao-akala - Obj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by precy1718: 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2011
did you just say election? It will be an intersting selection

, "I still dey laf"

revolution is wat we need

, Egypt is free, do we need freedom then we must revolt first

PDP, fowa to zda fifu
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
passyjango:

You do not vote for someone because you know he will win. You vote for a person because you believe in his abilities and programmes. It shouldn't matter if the whole nation votes for the other candidates, your one vote should go to the candidate you believe in. I am not interested in North South. If Ribadu were to be from South-South, I would still have voted for him.

How can a man that says he would vote for IBB, then also be a Ribadu man?

Cut the BS, nigga!

What abilities and programmes do you believe IBB has that you supported him?

Looting?
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by juman(m): 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mr. Ribadu, you are a great man.

Say Ribadu.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by nagoma(m): 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
If the presidential comment was partisan and referring to ACN then Ribadu is duty bound to respond. What should be the content of his response is left to his judgement and the advice of his ACN team.
However if the unsavoury comment from the villa is referrring to the whole of SW people (and I dont think this is the case) then Ribadu can only talk as an Nigerian outsider - still a stake holder.
The remark is not referring to the whole of SW as there are still PDP persons in the region and they are the president's men - so they cannot be rascals.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by frgy1: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2011
1 United:

I joined this forum basically for intellectual exercise, but unfortunately what I get here are all thrash ( with the  exemption of Gbawe, Sagamite, Beaf and few others I cannot readily recall). Or how does one explain the fact that NL which is populated by large forward looking youth cannot stand argument on his foot without recourse to ethnicity, cynicism ,mudslinging and vituperation. How does presidential candidate defence of an unguarded statement disparaging his party by his opponent amount to self serving in NL. I am in the least disappointed. I am signing off from Nairaland for the time being as a way of protest.
I think you should sign off permanently , since BEAF is one of those that make sense to you.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2011
Rascally and proud
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Jazzuozo: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu should concentrate on amassing acceptability and promoting his manifesto. BTW, has he finally compiled one? 'Cos he gave us a BRB [be-right-back] on this when he first 'emerged'. I wonder which part of 'South-West' he belongs to. He should distance himself from 'politi-blabbing', which Nigerians are sick of already. Good luck?!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Pk001(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
A Rascal cannot be the President of Nigeria
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by hbrednic: 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
I never knew Mr Ribadu is one of the leaders of Southwest cheesy cheesy cheesy
Southwest behold your new Oonakakanfo,Mallam nuhu Ribadu grin grin
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2011
Sagamite:

How can a man that says he would vote for IBB, then also be a Ribadu man?

Cut the BS, nigga!

What abilities and programmes do you believe IBB has that you supported him?

Looting?

I supported IBB because I believe in him; I read his manifesto and bought it. Yes to a lot of you, largely due to ignorance and misinformation, IBB is a demon, but to me he is not and I still believe he meant well. There are more demonic forces in Nigerian politics today than IBB and some of them are pretending their way into the heart of misinformed Nigerians. With IBB out of the race, I had the right to choose any other candidate from the remaining contenders. Yes, why did I not move with IBB to support GEJ? IBB as a member of PDP and like any man of principle , he is duty bound to support the candidate promoted by his party. As for me, I am not a member of any political party and have never hidden my anti-GEJ stance. Even if GEJ was the only candidate in the next election, I will still not have voted for him.

IBB's Manifesto
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2011
passyjango:

I supported IBB because I believe in him; I read his manifesto and bought it. Yes to a lot of you, largely due to ignorance and misinformation, IBB is a demon, but to me he is not and I still believe he meant well. There are more demonic forces in Nigerian politics today than IBB and some of them are pretending their way into the heart of misinformed Nigerians. With IBB out of the race, I had the right to choose any other candidate from the remaining contenders. Yes, why did I not move with IBB to support GEJ? IBB as a member of PDP and like any man of principle , he is duty bound to support the candidate promoted by his party. As for me, I am not a member of any political party and have never hidden my anti-GEJ stance. Even if GEJ was the only candidate in the next election, I will still not have voted for him.

IBB's Manifesto

You must be a deluded soul to believe in and, worse still, be showing me a manifesto of a criminal to justify why you support(ed) him.

Completely deluded!!!

What was his manifesto when he degraded Nigeria and embedded corruption in the social psyche?

Did he put it in his manifesto when he was there for 8 years that he would be a billionaire as a civil servant?

That is the cretin you are buying his manifesto?

And you have a right to vote?

F me Lawd!!!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
Sagamite:

You must be a deluded soul to believe in and, worse still, be showing me a manifesto of a criminal to justify why you support(ed) him.

Completely deluded!!!

What was his manifesto when he degraded Nigeria and embedded corruption in the social psyche?

Did he put it in his manifesto when he was there for 8 years that he would be a billionaire as a civil servant?

That is the cretin you are buying his manifesto?

F me Lawd!!!

You asked me a question and I provided you with an answer. Judging the IBB administration in the light of military rule and judging the achievement of the democrats in the light of democratic rule, I will still say that the administration of IBB achieved more than the democrats. It is you who is delusional for calling a man yet to be convicted by any court a criminal. How else do you choose candidates if not by reading their manifesto and checking their true records (not media propaganda). It is on record that some of the structures for this country were laid at his time. Most administrations have all tried without success to copy from him. Yes he lost his way towards the end, but still knows the answers to this nation’s problem than most of the pretenders.

This post however is about Ribadu, I now support him and no apologies to anyone. If Ribadu stands down tomorrow, I will still shop for any candidate and GEJ will still not be that candidate.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
passyjango:

You asked me a question and I provided you with an answer. Judging the IBB administration in the light of military rule and judging the achievement of the democrats in the light of democratic rule, I will still say that the administration of IBB achieved more than the democrats. It is you who is delusional for calling a man yet to be convicted by any court a criminal. How else do you choose candidates if not by reading their manifesto and checking their true records (not media propaganda). It is on record that some of the structures for this country were laid at his time. Most administrations have all tried without success to copy from him. Yes he lost his way towards the end, but still knows the answers to this nation’s problem than most of the pretenders.

This post however is about Ribadu, I now support him and no apologies to anyone. If Ribadu stands down tomorrow, I will still shop for any candidate and GEJ will still not be that candidate.

You must be a drunkard!!!

What did IBB achieve? What exactly?

So he has not been convicted means you should not have a brain? What records did you check? How did you choose IBB? By selecting a candidate that lives in a mansion fortress and has a private jet from "soldier salary"? He became one of the richest men in the world on military salary whilst the nation went to the dogs with thousands flocking out? Is that the answer to this nations problems you are saying he knows? Is that the media propaganda you were talking about? The civilian rule is a failure despite the same thousands now trying to flock back?

What structures "on record" were laid by him? Where did anyone try to copy him?

F me Lawd!!!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 12:36am On Feb 12, 2011
Sagamite:

You must be a drunkard!!!

What did IBB achieve? What exactly?

So he has not been convicted means you should not have a brain? What records did you check? How did you choose IBB? By selecting a candidate that lives in a mansion fortress and has a private jet from "soldier salary"? He became one of the richest men in the world on military salary whilst the nation went to the dogs with thousands flocking out? Is that the answer to this nations problems you are saying he knows? Is that the media propaganda you were talking about? The civilian rule is a failure despite the same thousands now trying to flock back?

What structures "on record" were laid by him? Where did anyone try to copy him?

F me Lawd!!!

I do not know what IBB did to you personally, but if you were able to dig up my previous post, I am sure you can find enough information to answer all those questions you posed, as I have no plans of answering them for you. I will still maintain that judging each administration based on its time and circumstances, IBB did fairly well. I did not say that civil rule is a failure; I only said that you should judge civilians with rule of law and Military leaders with military rule. That is only fair.

Every time must be judged by the circumstances of the time. It is unfair to use the rules of today to judge events of yester-years. For example, there was a time when humans were bought and sold; there was a time when twins were killed, there was a time when women were not allowed to vote, there was a time when coming out with an explanation of earth or human existence than went contrary to church doctrine could lead to your death. We might look at this occurances and say it is wicked, it is inhuman, but if we lived in those times would we have done things any differently.  If our children and grand children judge us by the rules of their time, we will also not measure up, so enough of your self-righteous non-sense. IBB left office about 18 years ago and you are still blaming him for your woes, you must be president in the land of delusion.

Before you actually attempted to dilute this thread I was only trying to point out to a forum member that voting in an election is not like a football betting game where your objective is to guess the winner for example. When you vote in an election you are voting for what you believe in, it does not matter if that belief is not shared by others. That is what your reply should focus, not questioning why I should support one candidate or another. Thank God, you are not the INEC chairmen.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 12:57am On Feb 12, 2011
passyjango:

I do not know what IBB did to you personally, but if you were able to dig up my previous post, I am sure you can find enough information to answer all those questions you posed, as I have no plans of answering them for you. I will still maintain that judging each administration based on its time and circumstances, IBB did fairly well. I did not say that civil rule is a failure; I only said that you should judge civilians with rule of law and Military leaders with military rule. That is only fair.

Why don't you just answer the gaddamn questions!!!

Did fairly well? How? By institutionalising corruption and degrading the economy?

passyjango:

Every time must be judged by the circumstances of the time. It is unfair to use the rules of today to judge events of yester-years. For example, there was a time when humans were bought and sold; there was a time when twins were killed, there was a time when women were not allowed to vote, there was a time when coming out with an explanation of earth or human existence than went contrary to church doctrine could lead to your death. We might look at this occurances and say it is wicked, it is inhuman, but if we lived in those times would we have done things any differently.  If our children and grand children judge us by the rules of their time, we will also not measure up, so enough of your self-righteous non-sense. IBB left office about 18 years ago and you are still blaming him for your woes, you must be president in the land of delusion.

Arrant rubbish!!!

F me Lawd!!!

What time in history is it acceptable for a leader to loot?

Lets be stewpid and accept your arguments, even if it was acceptable at some stone age to steal, is the 80s some archaic time to not have the brain to progress a nation? It was, according to you, acceptable under the circumstances of the 80s to loot a nation dry?

What do you have for brains?

Ogbono?

The 80s was so medieval that a leader can not have vision, principles and morals? Is it not the 80s that the likes of South Korea and Malaysia were building their nations?

Then your daft arse is now advocating for the crook to come back and, according to you, the ONLY PERSON that knows how to lead Nigeria out of the present predicament.

F me!!!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 1:14am On Feb 12, 2011
Sagamite:

Did fairly well? How? By institutionalising corruption and degrading the economy?

Arrant rubbish!!!

F me Lawd!!!

What time in history is it acceptable for a leader to loot?

Lets be stewpid and accept your arguments, even if it was acceptable at some stone age to steal, is the 80s some archaic time to not have the brain to progress a nation? It was, according to you, acceptable under the circumstances of the 80s to loot a nation dry?

What do you have for brains?

Ogbono?

The 80s was so medieval that a leader can not have vision, principles and morals? Is it not the 80s that the likes of South Korea and Malaysia were building their nations?

Then your daft arse is now advocating for the crook to come back and, according to you, the ONLY PERSON that knows how to lead Nigeria out of the present predicament.

F me!!!

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that we live in a time when stealing public funds is generally accepted. If you are a public office holder and do not build houses or buy cars, you will be called Ode by your people. IBB did not institutionalise corruption. Corruption has always been there. The first coup in this country claimed it wanted to fight corruption and all other coups have had the same excuse long before IBB. The fact is there was more cash/liquidity during IBB era, which made corruption more prominent then. There was simply more money to go round not that there was more corruption.

As for which one of us actually have brains, I will leave it for posterity to jugde. Time will tell.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2011
I so much love Ribadu kind of politics of Jabbing GEJ on every statement he makes.Hmmmnnnn!!!! Let us see how far he will go anyway.It seems this is Adamawa kind of politics From Atiku and Now to Ribadu.Anyway we must not crucify this guy sha! this is politic season and so all presidential candidates must be seen and heard to be talking.I only pray he continue with this style of hitting GEJ instead of telling the masses what his policies and plans are and then GEJ is home and dry as the Last president of Nigeria.Last president? Yes o! GEJ would be the last president of Nigeria,because after the election which i see him winning,there would be mass revolt like in Tunisia,Egypt and as been planned in other part of the middle East in Nigeria.This demonstration will give room for a SNC (Sovereign National Conference) and we will all say bye bye to Nigeria forever.
Earnestly looking forward for this time.Enough of all these lies by PDP,ACN,CPC,ANPP,APGA and other parties agent here on nairaland deceiving themselves as good Nigerians lining up to gather support for their candidates and in the process leading most people into the great delusion that their candidates are the best.THAT NA BIG LIE!!!PDP makes up 50% of members in other political parties and so if we must vote out PDP,then please let us vote out ACN,CPC,ANPP,APGA and co travellers.The truth is bitter,but the fact is we need to go our seperate ways for things to get normal ,period!!!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2011
[size=16pt]@ Admin,

What is this ridiculous thread doing on the homepage
Ribadu is just seeking for attention,someone please tell him he is NOT QUALIFIED to be one of the rascals GEJ referred to.Mr President specifically said"the South West is too sensitive to be left to rascals" or something like that.Methinks GEJ was referring to people like Tinubu,Dimeji and OGD,however since he didn't mention any names,it's still open to conjecture but please Ribadu town in Adamawa state is in the North Eastern part of Nigeria,so somebody should please slap the taste out of Ribadu's mouth he has much more to do to make any impact in the political terrain than to shamelessly jump on the bandwagon of a salvo fired at certain elements in the South West,to which mr Ribadu doesn't belong[/size]
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2011
^^ Guy, save your hands next time.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Gbawe: 11:04am On Feb 12, 2011
Ozin:

I so much love Ribadu kind of politics of Jabbing GEJ on every statement he makes.Hmmmnnnn!!!! Let us see how far he will go anyway.It seems this is Adamawa kind of politics From Atiku and Now to Ribadu.Anyway we must not crucify this guy sha! this is politic season and so all presidential candidates must be seen and heard to be talking.I only pray he continue with this style of hitting GEJ instead of telling the masses what his policies and plans are and then GEJ is home and dry as the Last president of Nigeria.Last president? Yes o! GEJ would be the last president of Nigeria,because after the election which i see him winning,there would be mass revolt like in Tunisia,Egypt and as been planned in other part of the middle East in

What are you talking about? Did he not state the other day that he would ensure that the FOI bill is passed ASAP to aid much needed transparency and accountability? Has Ribadu not been talking about security, education and other issues? If a European or South African is watching events leading to the election the only candidate they will urge Nigerians to vote for , based on how politics is played on their turf , is Ribadu. It is that simple . He is the only only doing the right things so far . He has attempted hit the ground running given that he does not have access to the national treasury to finance expensive champagne campaign rallies .

Yes Ribadu criticises GEJ but he also enunciates his own plans as well. you may just have missed it because , subconsciously, you wanted to. I even read ridiculously on Nairaland someone asking if Ribadu even has a manifesto when clearly it is obvious they never bothered to look. I have not heard anything positive from the other candidates . Is this normal or even desirable for our nation considering we are two months away from the general elections ? Where is politics practiced like this ? Where do we then get off knocking what Ribadu is doing when we should actually be applauding it if we are politically sophisticated with a knowledge of how our politics need to evolve? Cameron, Clegg and Brown had several face-offs before the UK general elections last year. When will we see that here? I have heard ridiculous pronouncement such as "Ribadu should shut up and be grateful to GEJ he is even enjoying freedom" shocked shocked shocked!!! Simply incredible !!! By inference , Ribadu should be more beholden to an individual (GEJ) than his nation? That is the type of unhealthy subservience that has led to strong men with strong offices instead of badly needed strong and independent institutions.We have a very long way to go in Nigeria . Yar Adua was voted in without saying much. He promptly went on to misrule Nigeria. Let us carry on with our ways. Perhaps it is ordained that we will implode before good governance comes.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 12, 2011
Gbawe:

What are you talking about? Did he not state the other day that he would ensure that the FOI bill is passed ASAP to aid much needed transparency and accountability? Has Ribadu not been talking about security, education and other issues? If a European or South African is watching events leading to the election the only candidate they will urge Nigerians to vote for , based on how politics is played on their turf , is Ribadu. It is that simple . He is the only only doing the right things so far . He has attempted hit the ground running given that he does not have access to the national treasury to finance expensive champagne campaign rallies .

Yes Ribadu criticises GEJ but he also enunciates his own plans as well. you may just have missed it because , subconsciously, you wanted to. I even read ridiculously on Nairaland someone asking if Ribadu even has a manifesto when clearly it is obvious they never bothered to look. I have not heard anything positive from the other candidates . Is this normal or even desirable for our nation considering we are two months away from the general elections ? Where is politics practiced like this ? Where do we then get off knocking what Ribadu is doing when we should actually be applauding it if we are politically sophisticated with a knowledge of how our politics need to evolve? Cameron, Clegg and Brown had several face-offs before the UK general elections last year. When will we see that here? I have heard ridiculous pronouncement such as "Ribadu should shut up and be grateful to GEJ he is even enjoying freedom"  shocked shocked shocked!!! Simply incredible !!! By inference , Ribadu should be more beholden to an individual (GEJ)  than his nation? That is the type of unhealthy subservience that has led to strong men with strong offices instead of badly needed strong and independent institutions.We have a very long way to go in Nigeria . Yar Adua was voted in without saying much. He promptly went on to misrule Nigeria. Let us carry on with our ways. Perhaps it is ordained that we will implode before good governance comes.
Gbawe ,nobody is trying to padlock your candidate's Mouth(Ribadu from talking) but he should stop talking off-points and sound like a broken record please.
How does GEJ statement concerns him as a person when the south west politicians roll call is made.Anyway I am patiently waiting for the country implotion because that is what most nigerians are looking for and not cheap campaign here by candidates agents on nairaland of all the political parties who to most of us is just same side of the same coin
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 11:32am On Feb 12, 2011
passyjango:

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that we live in a time when stealing public funds is generally accepted. If you are a public office holder and do not build houses or buy cars, you will be called Ode by your people. IBB did not institutionalise corruption. Corruption has always been there. The first coup in this country claimed it wanted to fight corruption and all other coups have had the same excuse long before IBB. The fact is there was more cash/liquidity during IBB era, which made corruption more prominent then. There was simply more money to go round not that there was more corruption.

As for which one of us actually have brains, I will leave it for posterity to jugde. Time will tell.

F me Lawd!!!

You have a right to vote?

F Democracy!!! Absolutely F it!

You seem to be ignorant to the fact that you need to use your brain to ratiocinate that it is not an excuse that because people generally loot, then it is OK for a leader to loot or not stop it. It is utterly dimwitted for a leader to loot the nation and lead to the misery of his people because, according to you, people will call him Ode for not having nice cars or houses. That is an utterly reeetarded point and for a citizen to even excuse it shows the results of our educational system, principles and moral values reaching its perdition.

Worse still and completely cretinous is for anyone to now insist and advocate that the same looting leader should return and is the only one that can lead or has the qualities needed to lead the nation.

When it comes to brains, I am you God! You hear?
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by seanet02: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2011
@sagamite, when it comes to brain you are what? Nada!! Dont ever compare your dead head cells to God. You hear or i send an E-bomb to you now.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

@sagamite, when it comes to brain you are what? Nada!! Dont ever compare your dead head cells to God. You hear or i send an E-bomb to you now.

I will shove you e-bomb down your Quranic arse!

I am your intellectual God, and you are better off worshipping me.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by nagoma(m): 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2011
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan
« #48 on: Today at 08:54:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ozin,
I so much love Ribadu kind of politics of Jabbing GEJ on every statement he makes.Hmmmnnnn!!!! Let us see how far he will go anyway.It seems this is Adamawa kind of politics From Atiku and Now to Ribadu.Anyway we must not crucify this guy sha! this is politic season and so all presidential candidates must be seen and heard to be talking.I only pray he continue with this style of hitting GEJ instead of telling the masses what his policies and plans are and then GEJ is home and dry as the Last president of Nigeria.Last president? Yes o! GEJ would be the last president of Nigeria,because after the election which i see him winning,there would be mass revolt like in Tunisia,Egypt and as been planned in other part of the middle East in Nigeria.This demonstration will give room for a SNC (Sovereign National Conference) and we will all say bye bye to Nigeria forever.
Earnestly looking forward for this time.Enough of all these lies by PDP,ACN,CPC,ANPP,APGA and other parties agent here on nairaland deceiving themselves as good Nigerians lining up to gather support for their candidates and in the process leading most people into the great delusion that their candidates are the best.THAT NA BIG LIE!!!PDP makes up 50% of members in other political parties and so if we must vote out PDP,then please let us vote out ACN,CPC,ANPP,APGA and co travellers.The truth is bitter,but the fact is we need to go our seperate ways for things to get normal ,period!!!

Dear Ozin,

Why wait untill further destrution by GEJ, now can be a good time for that separation. Think about it he will lose nothing and may gain more from ruling a tiny coutry BAYELSIA with unlimited oil resouces that shell and others will be too happy to dig out and share with him!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by onyezebros(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2011
Why is this unfruitful concern or topic about what these politicians are saying on their campaigns continue to make headlines on NairaLand? It's never new with aspiring politicians exchanging political propaganda and counter speeches during election campaign in any country even in the US.

If Ribadu like, let him be proud of whatever he wants, Is he from the South West? Was his name or anybody's name mentioned by GEJ?, I simply call it a lame strategy; let him be a bit focused at the programs he has for Nigeria, and addressing very very important issues of religious and ethnic killings in his region, how he will stop it if voted in and stop mud slinging.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
Sagamite:

F me Lawd!!!

You have a right to vote?

F Democracy!!! Absolutely F it!

You seem to be ignorant to the fact that you need to use your brain to ratiocinate that it is not an excuse that because people generally loot, then it is OK for a leader to loot or not stop it. It is utterly dimwitted for a leader to loot the nation and lead to the misery of his people because, according to you, people will call him Ode for not having nice cars or houses. That is an utterly reeetarded point and for a citizen to even excuse it shows the results of our educational system, principles and moral values reaching its perdition.

Worse still and completely cretinous is for anyone to now insist and advocate that the same looting leader should return and is the only one that can lead or has the qualities needed to lead the nation.

When it comes to brains, I am you God! You hear?
Thank God Dictators like you are not deciding who should have a right to vote. Just because you hate a person, does not mean that you should stop others from voting for that person. That is what democracy is all about. I am surprised you claim to live in London.

To get you more infuriated here is an excerpt from IBB's manifesto; it clearly shows that the "looter" understands how corruption ought to be fought.

We need to attack the cultural foundations of corruption through an elaborate value reorientation process that can actively criminalize this cankerworm. The battle must be waged firmly and fairly across society. Will re-establish the traditional value systems and the best traditions of the free market ethos.  In addition, the existing agencies such as EFCC, ICPC, NDLEA, will be sustained and strengthened in law, funding, independence and focus.  Will mount an organized anti-corruption campaign structure similar to the defunct MAMSER.  Anti-corruption Leadership by Example will be a hall-mark of public policy and governance.

I am not justifying looting, I am only saying that looting occur because people tolerate it. Most of us complaining about corruption are doing so because we are not getting our share or we are not benefiting. To fight corruption there must be re-orientation process that will make people less tolerant of corruption. And with no apologies, I believe that IBB, the chief-looter, according to you, understood the issues and would have made effort to correct some of those mistakes.

Which Nigerian in public office with the exception of very few is not a looter? One of the reason I have stood for IBB, is that I do not see the reason why one man should be painted as a demon, while people who are currently doing the same things he is accused of doing over 17 years ago are shown as angels and fathers of democracy and so on.

It is also important to note that I no longer support IBB for these elections, since he is no longer contesting. I am now for Ribadu. I am only defending my support for IBB, because I know you are a blackmailer wanting to paint me in dark light for my support for IBB. So, it was necessary to defend my stand. I believe that any reasonable person who is not aiming at scoring cheap points would have understood by now.

I still leave the subject of which of us has more brains to posterity.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by nagoma(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2011
Sagamite
will shove you e-bomb down your Quranic arse!

Dear Sagamite,

This is a grandiose delusion of a manic psychotic - please seek help before you harm yourself or others!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by seanet02: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
@sagamite, your kolo no get remedy. Stop comparing yourself to God my house boy
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2011
nagoma:

Sagamite
will shove you e-bomb down your Quranic arse!

Dear Sagamite,

This is a grandiose delusion of a manic psychotic - please seek help before you harm yourself or others!

seanet02:

@sagamite, your kolo no get remedy. Stop comparing yourself to God my house boy

Worship, mate!

And you shall be saved.

passyjango:

Thank God Dictators like you are not deciding who should have a right to vote. Just because you hate a person, does not mean that you should stop others from voting for that person. That is what democracy is all about. I am surprised you claim to live in London.

As Winston Churchill said:

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

I have spent way more than 5 minutes with you and it makes me stand firmly on my signature below.

That does not make me a Dictator, it makes me a Visionary.

Some of your type should not have a right to vote. Even if you do, it should not carry the same weight as that of the clerisy.

passyjango:

To get you more infuriated here is an excerpt from IBB's manifesto; it clearly shows that the "looter" understands how corruption ought to be fought.

I am not justifying looting, I am only saying that looting occur because people tolerate it. Most of us complaining about corruption are doing so because we are not getting our share or we are not benefiting. To fight corruption there must be re-orientation process that will make people less tolerant of corruption. And with no apologies, I believe that IBB, the chief-looter, according to you, understood the issues and would have made effort to correct some of those mistakes.

Which Nigerian in public office with the exception of very few is not a looter? One of the reason I have stood for IBB, is that I do not see the reason why one man should be painted as a demon, while people who are currently doing the same things he is accused of doing over 17 years ago are shown as angels and fathers of democracy and so on.

It is also important to note that I no longer support IBB for these elections, since he is no longer contesting. I am now for Ribadu. I am only defending my support for IBB, because I know you are a blackmailer wanting to paint me in dark light for my support for IBB. So, it was necessary to defend my stand. I believe that any reasonable person who is not aiming at scoring cheap points would have understood by now.

I still leave the subject of which of us has more brains to posterity.

This hogwash position is akin to you being a recruitment headhunter hired by a credit card company to find the new CEO for its business and you go out and select Tobechi Onwuhara as the candidate based on his manifesto and claims to understand the issues of credit card fraud.

Utterly silly point!

When you say "Most of us complaining about corruption are doing so because we are not getting our share or we are not benefiting. To fight corruption there must be re-orientation process that will make people less tolerant of corruption.", speak for yourself.

That is why most of you should not have a right to vote. More importantly, it is us (e.g. myself and Ribadu), minority with functioning brains, who are genuinely against corruption that should be tasked with re-orientating people like you/IBB that are at a perdition.

I suggested a brilliant re-orientation approach some weeks back:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376162.32.html#msg6956697
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by seanet02: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
Lets worship sagamite the most intelligent he goat in the obj farms
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
Sagamite:

Worship, mate!

When you say "Most of us complaining about corruption are doing so because we are not getting our share or we are not benefiting. To fight corruption there must be re-orientation process that will make people less tolerant of corruption.", speak for yourself.

That is why most of you should not have a right to vote. More importantly, it is us, minority with functioning brains, who are genuinely against corruption that should be tasked with re-orientating people like you that are at a perdition.

And will you be doing the re-engineering from London. For all we know you are probably in a mental health facility in London. You are completely out of touch with reality. You are having a superiority complex which makes you feel you have the right to determine what others should do. Yes you have your rights but others also have their own rights even to be foolish to you. Most of us should not vote but a kolomental like you in London probably without any voters card should be allowed to vote. You wanted to put me down but you have met your match.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EZIACHI- I Will Be Signing Off For A While / Handsome Young Nigerian Man Declares For 2019 Presidency (photos) / There Is Nothing Like Southern Unity. I Am Not In Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.