Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,907 members, 7,872,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn (31661 Views)

Three Nigerian Sisters Who Are All Pilots Become Centre Of Attraction / Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers / Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by KOE1(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2020
I pondeir why people should struggle to be what they are?...if someone is struggling over primary six certificate, A'Levels, B.Sc. certificate and they are Commissioners, Senators, Governors etc. Nigeria should be ashamed of not giving the required supports to her private organisations even if they will refund them later on. Shame on the black man mentality...I beg make una prepare avoid air transportation if possible for now!
Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by odaniel1(m): 11:20am On Aug 04, 2020
[/b]It also explained that the pandemic had hit every airline worldwide so badly that it had become very impossible for airlines to remain afloat without carrying out internal restructuring of their costs.[b]
Then why are they the first to be heard of? Most of these companies simply take more loans than they need and get caught up in the rut of overbearing overhead costs....
Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by Roundpeg: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Siscooh:

Wish I was in your country

What would have happened?
Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by Pointnoire(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
When you say Professionals what exactly do you mean, I am curious about the Nigerian Aviation Martket.

sugah:

How many flights did they operate? I didn't keep track but they had very many other chartered flights even on the 737 and the 145 unlike other airlines that were totally shutdown.
@bolded, not quite correct. Arik introduced a 90% paycut for the months of lockdown (April, May and June), they aren't currently paying their pilots 10% salary for flying, no sane aviation expert will do that considering the risks it poses.
Airpeace is getting to where Arik was years ago and its solely due mismanagement. No successful biz is run on sentiments and emotions let's be realistic. I agree, If he wants a successful biz then he should professionals to run it and get his emotions in check.
Unfortunately, Green Africa's choice of the Airbus might not be a smart move. Nigerian Airlines don't even need Boeing aircrafts and that's the mistake they make. A 50 seater Embraer has more profit margin than a boeing and I hope United Nigeria picks up as it seems they have an idea about running a low cost.

Azman and Dana were hoping the airpeace pilots would cave in to the pressure so they can also effect same to their guys as airpeace had the most pilots and flights in the industry...but unfortunately Airpeace had a more sinister plan.
Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by Vonoforeal(m): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] that's what usually happens to people who work under another person or depends on salary. The only solution to a man's financial crises is to build a network marketing business when u are still young and vibrant and with little or no responsibility, so that u can retire young and sit back to enjoy your wealth while your network keep building itself. Where do u want all those 69 pilot to start from? After they might have committed themselves to a whole lot of responsibilities. We keep telling people to come and do networking bizness but they're just too daft to understand. Uuuuhhhhh lalaaaaaa..... I'm enjoying what I'm doing because no fear no doubt for my future. To know more about networking bizness. ... Hit me on 09061699004

Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by sugah: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pointnoire:
When you say Professionals what exactly do you mean, I am curious about the Nigerian Aviation Martket.

Retired pilots/engineers or people that have proper aviation training/experience occupying key positions...
Re: Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn by Pointnoire(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
What Nigerian Aviation needs is Businessmen with focus, The crop of Nigerian Pilots and Mechanics(Engineers) can not run an airline, they can run departments under an airline but can not run an entire Airline, this retired pilots ran Nigeria Airways,EAS/NICON, ADC Fresh Air,HAK and the multitude of Cargo Airlies that failed, a one time scarcity of Pilots lead to and astronical increase in pilots salaries for Airlines that can not measure up to the small regionals in the west and there is Jet A on the side which is 100% imported at the mercy of FOREX, lets talk about Air Peace, was there a need for the 3 Boeing 777 that are under utilized or the D328 that rarely fly why would a start up have 5 different types in their fleet? what is the National? Onyema is not making this decision alone he has Capt Victor Egonu a supposed expert in the background, that is your experienced expert there, the truth is Airpeace is on its final leg of becoming a debt riddled Airline like Arik and Aero

sugah:

Retired pilots/engineers or people that have proper aviation training/experience occupying key positions...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC / 16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / Happy To Finally Resume My Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.