Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,869 members, 7,969,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:15 AM

Glo Not Working - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Not Working (12191 Views)

Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique / Is There Any Way Of Contacting Mtn Customer Care Since 180 Is Not Working / Pls Help Me?opera Mini Is Not Working On 6070 Nokia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2011
U pple are very fast 2 criticize. Wetin sef? They have a problem which they are tryin 2 solve. Na wa 4 una sef. Kai i shake my head in pity 4 u pple. Be patient!
Re: Glo Not Working by berth(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
U guyz r right, as their power house ws engulf wit fire at their maintenance/facility branch @ saka tinubu, yesterdy.
even paddy has been shuttlin saka tinubu since mornin with deir directors,
Re: Glo Not Working by samsoft(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
who said that bro?
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
Glo is the worst network in Nigeria, unfortunately, I must say it is because it is Nigerian owned - we never get things right. The other networks also suffer periodic problems but never as extensive and frequent as Glo's. Even their internet service is despicable, with the shamefully inconsistent and inadequate 3g coverage. All Glo knows how to do is make stupid claims about its useless glo-1 submarine cable that is of no benefit to subscribers, and its so-called 4g network that exists only in the imaginations of the incompetent oafs that run the place. I wish I could switch networks and retain my number as is the case in Europe. Glo is a serious nuisance.
Re: Glo Not Working by Ejike3: 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2011
I left Abuja to Jos last Saturday and that was the last time my Glo Prepaid CUG made call. I receive calls but cannot make calls even to my CUG groups. I could make calls on the second glo PostPaid line till last night when that one went dead too.
Thank God am not alone on this. Hope they rectify the problem soon.
Re: Glo Not Working by aieromon(m): 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2011
Almost missed an appointment because both of us were on Glo.That's enough reason to have more than one line.
Re: Glo Not Working by luluosas(m): 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
Below is the reason the network has been down since last night. Please, bear with our brother.
Source! www.gloworld.com Just go there right away.

Public Announcement

The management of Globacom Limited wishes to inform the general public that due to a fire incident which occurred at one of our key installations in Lagos on Thursday night, there has been a temporary disruption in services.
The fire incident has since been brought under control and all efforts have been initiated to quickly restore services.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused our valued customers.
We thank you all for your understanding and support.

1 Like

Re: Glo Not Working by Dare14: 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
theres was a fire outbreak in one of there key stuff in lagos,but the whole shit will soon be resolved soon
Re: Glo Not Working by passyjango(m): 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
It is news if Glo goes off, because Glo almost never goes off. How many times has MTN going off made news. It is now a way of life for MTN subscribers. Data services are also off for me as well.
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2011
Fire at their facility is a silly excuse. A facility as 'key' as that should have superior fire prevention/detection/extinguishing measures. Incompetent local champions. If only they realize the extent of pain, misery and loss (not mere 'inconveniences'!) incurred by many subscribers between last night and now.
Re: Glo Not Working by kemisuga(f): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
Me too
Re: Glo Not Working by lazinc(m): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
pro01:

Fire at their facility is a silly excuse. A facility as 'key' as that should have superior fire prevention/detection/extinguishing measures. Incompetent local champions. If only they realize the extent of pain, misery and loss (not mere 'inconveniences'!) incurred by many subscribers between last night and now.

Well said!!
Re: Glo Not Working by passyjango(m): 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
pro01:

Glo is the worst network in Nigeria, unfortunately, I must say it is because it is Nigerian owned - we never get things right. The other networks also suffer periodic problems but never as extensive and frequent as Glo's. Even their internet service is despicable, with the shamefully inconsistent and inadequate 3g coverage. All Glo knows how to do is make silly claims about its useless glo-1 submarine cable that is of no benefit to subscribers, and its so-called 4g network that exists only in the imaginations of the incompetent oafs that run the place. I wish I could switch networks and retain my number as is the case in Europe. Glo is a serious nuisance.

I had already made my comment on this before I noticed your inaccurate assessment of Glo services in Nigeria. First it is impossible for Glo to be the worst network in Nigeria, except if MTN is no longer operating in Nigeria. Glo services compete favourably when compared to other networks in the country. Since I started using a Glo line over four years ago, this is the first time I have wanted to make a call with Glo and couldn’t. This is a good record if you ask me. I cannot remember the number of times that my sister who despite using MTN and Etisalat at the same time has complained about her inability to make calls due to failed network. One thing I know is that if there is number portability in Nigeria it will likely favour Glo.

Glo is also a pride of Nigeria. It is arguably Nigeria's biggest brand, one of a few Nigerian companies that have successfully ventured into other countries.

pro01:

You do not have the full details so do not speculate. Beside, you cannot confirm whether or not the measures were put in place. Accidents like this happen all over the world no matter the measures. The fact that it has never happened before shows that there were measures in place.
Re: Glo Not Working by dwinzo(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
   For all those using GLO, I can authoritatively tell you that GLO's main SwitchRoom at saka-tinubu almost roasted yesterday when they had some power problems, sources have it that their Battery-Bank exploded!!

In the soonest of time all services will be restored and all customer's account will be updated!!
Re: Glo Not Working by NeroPapas(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
same here in PH, so annoying!!! angry sad grin
Re: Glo Not Working by seunlayi(m): 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
no problem, they should make sure they compensate us for the inconvenience
Re: Glo Not Working by seunlayi(m): 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
this can happen to any network - fire, fire, fire, fire
Re: Glo Not Working by gee2(m): 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
globe / glo aint a gud network
tryna load an airtime n it satz NOT ALLOWED
wtf
Re: Glo Not Working by Remii(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
Thank God for NL, I have been wondering why I couldn't use my netbook since morning.
Re: Glo Not Working by aieromon(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mine is working now.
Re: Glo Not Working by babaogun(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
Why will GLO have a serious network problem and they decide to tag it "TEMPORARY" since yesteray nite?
Why didn't GLO move fast to place commercials on radios and national tv stations immediately it hear about this.

They left their customer in the dark for too long.

Anyways, It could happen to any business, but they need to move faster next time.
Re: Glo Not Working by MeGaStReEt: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2011
I think the Network is gradualy coming up, mine is working now.

pro01:

Glo is the worst network in Nigeria, unfortunately, I must say it is because it is Nigerian owned - we never get things right. The other networks also suffer periodic problems but never as extensive and frequent as Glo's. Even their internet service is despicable, with the shamefully inconsistent and inadequate 3g coverage. All Glo knows how to do is make silly claims about its useless glo-1 submarine cable that is of no benefit to subscribers, and its so-called 4g network that exists only in the imaginations of the incompetent oafs that run the place. I wish I could switch networks and retain my number as is the case in Europe. Glo is a serious nuisance.

LIE Not when we have crappy MTN and those other off and on network

I have been using Glo for years and to be honest this is the first time I am experiencing this problem. Glo hardly go off, I was kinda surprised that I couldn't make/receive calls, even to check my credit no go. I cant see myself using another line, not when Glo gives me 400-800 free credit every other week.
Re: Glo Not Working by bayo09: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2011
Well said Passyjango, yes they have issues but Glo should be a source of pride to all Nigerians and indeed Africans but we are always too blinded with the anything foreign mentality which is why foreigners can come here and take us for a ride and milk us dry with 3rd rate services they would not dare provide customers in their own countries. MTN would still be milking Nigerians with high rates if not for the emergence of Glo, they didn't think of building a submarine cable until glo and main one single handedly built theirs. It's bad enough being taken for a ride but we nigerians just bend over and ask to be raped even more!

support your own, we will never be a great country if we aren't patriotic!

I would rather die than use MTN!
Re: Glo Not Working by Remii(m): 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^^^ I am with you on that bro, if not for Glo, 75% of people with cellphone today wouldn't have had one, Glo crashed the price.
Re: Glo Not Working by bayo09: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
It's the same thing with DSTV, they just come here and milk us dry they can't even be bothered to modify their adverts for the Nigerian market because it will cost them money they just beam the same stuff over to Nigeria and enjoy the sound of the cash register. Who wants to see south African adverts? oh I forgot my fellow Nigerians still victims of second slavery love to see adverts for south african products not available in Nigeria.

we got fu***d by the Brits, then came the lebanese, the Indians and now the South Africans too?
Re: Glo Not Working by semid4lyfe(m): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
Eeyah. . .I empathize with all Glo users cos I know how frustrating it can be when a network has problem.

Sorry, pele, do o! grin
Re: Glo Not Working by lukkie(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
Please don't bash Glo here o. Remember the per-second billing palaver. If not for Glo, GSM would still have been a big man's toy.

I started using Glo in 2004 and this is the first time i have experienced this type of outage.

People ask me why i don't use MTN. The answer is always; Glo is Nigerian.

They only need to work more on their 3G coverage and reliability.
Re: Glo Not Working by naijasing(f): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
too bad oooooo
Re: Glo Not Working by MaiSuya(m): 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2011
No wonder I've been unable to call glo lines all day!
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
glo isnt the worst network please,i have been using glo for 6 years and i have been enjoying their services,to me MTN sucks! its an alternative line though and so wiil it be, GLo rocks jare cool
Re: Glo Not Working by otokx(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
same here, almost threw away my handset today.
Re: Glo Not Working by 190: 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
But i can check my orange network!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Genius Android Phone From Glo / Do Not Subscribe To Any Mtn Data Plan! Be Warned! / Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.