Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,249 members, 7,910,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:18 AM

Glo Not Working - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Not Working (12109 Views)

Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique / Is There Any Way Of Contacting Mtn Customer Care Since 180 Is Not Working / Pls Help Me?opera Mini Is Not Working On 6070 Nokia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Not Working by tdops: 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2011
luluosas:

Thank God that, the services are finally back. For silly Nigerians critising on Nairaland, I pity you. When will you learn to appreciate your own brand that was never invented or brought in by foreigners. Support your own irrespective of what she is doing. This is the reason I will [b]remain a die hard glo subscriber/ambansedor.[/b]The organisation where I work is connected on the glo CUG service with over 350 active lines distributed to all staff. Throughout yesterday, the service terribly affected the smooth running of the place. Inspite of these dauting challenges from glo, the company is not and will not negotiate their loyalty to glo with any network. This is a practical Nigerian brand surpporter.
For those of you that are calling glo names, what you have done to impact your immediate family, not to talk of your community? How many of will go into business to delibrately make losses? Use your heads please!
For my fellow glo subscribers, who believed in glo to deliver unparallel services, keep it up. I tell you that, you will never regret going so. Up glo!
Yes because, they know they will fix it in no distant time and they did. Please, keep faith on your brother.

Is Glo really loyal to Nigeria? Did they not move their call centres to Ghana? How many Nigerian graduates has Glo trained? They prefer to bring in Illiterate Indians to oppress Nigerian university graduates that work for them, Please do not be loyal to rubbish cos Glo does not care one bit about Nigeria, it only care about it profits, Even MTN that is not a Nigerian company cares a lot about Nigeria far more than Glo does,
Re: Glo Not Working by mrofficial(m): 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2011
tdops:

Is Glo really loyal to Nigeria? Did they not move their call centres to Ghana? How many Nigerian graduates has Glo trained? They prefer to bring in Illiterate Indians to oppress Nigerian university graduates that work for them, Please do not be loyal to rubbish cos Glo does not care one bit about Nigeria, it only care about it profits, Even MTN that is not a Nigerian company cares a lot about Nigeria far more than Glo does,

You kick stone for there. Sorry.
Re: Glo Not Working by oYaTo(m): 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2011
BIS back finally. . undecided
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 13, 2011
adenuga has always had a reputation for cutting on safety costs

back when i was in building services consulting, i used to hear stories about glo's anything goes (shebi it will work) attitude
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 13, 2011
oyb:

adenuga has always had a reputation for cutting on safety costs

back when i was in building services consulting, i used to hear stories about glo's anything goes (shebi it will work) attitude

Absolutely, and it is not just a glo problem. A lot of naija owned companies are guilty of this sort of attitude, they ignore the tiny details (that are ultimately very important), and gloss over safety/standards-compliance issues. . .since 'shebi e go work'. When things go wrong they'll start running helter skelter looking for quick fixes, and acting all defensive when they are rightfully criticized.
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 13, 2011
i have to agree with that

and when kata kata bursts its the little guy on the ground who gets it for the what was an oga's 'cost saving' decision
Re: Glo Not Working by Kellymann: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2011
Can anyone confirm if BIS is still working. It worked laat night but since the early hours of today, my BIS has not been working. I want to confirm if its a location issue. Anyone who is still able to use glo BIS?
Re: Glo Not Working by Denn(m): 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2011
@kellyman

it was not a location issue as i experienced the same issue on my BIS this morning.

the service is however back on (like fifteen minutes ago)

try it now
Re: Glo Not Working by Mcleo007(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
What's wrong wiv all these network providers now. Been having bis issues wiv my mtn too for about a week now. It gets worse by the day. For 3 days now,calls can't get thru on my glo. Airtel too has little prob. Na wao!
Re: Glo Not Working by MMM2(m): 3:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
Is glo a network.
Re: Glo Not Working by bechex(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2011
All networks have their own issues at one point or the other, and people have d right to complain when they are not getting services which they have paid for. The best I can advice anyone is to have ur own back up plan, ( another line ) and hopefully the back up will work when the primary service provider messes up. Also the Service providers should have adequate compensation plans in place to placate people when this kind of events occur. That's all I have to say about dis,
Re: Glo Not Working by tlops(m): 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2011
M M M:

Is glo a network.
_Yes, it is one of the national carrier.
Re: Glo Not Working by Kellymann: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2011
Thanks   Denn,   it   worked   for   a   while   and   went   off   again   around   some   mins to   five.   I   hope   the   bis   service   is restored   fully   cos   this   epileptic   service   is very   frustrating.
Re: Glo Not Working by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2011
bechex:

All networks have their own issues at one point or the other, and people have d right to complain when they are not getting services which they have paid for. The best I can advice anyone is to have your own back up plan, ( another line ) and hopefully the back up will work when the primary service provider messes up. Also the Service providers should have adequate compensation plans in place to placate people when this kind of events occur. That's all I have to say about dis,

Nice. Well put.
Re: Glo Not Working by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
i ave no internet service. is tht the case everywhere?

anyways mtn is no better. at least glo is a special situation, i can hardly use my mtn for 14 hrs on a good day. they ALWAYS have some network issue. my bundle on mtn has been unuseable for aweek now except at 4am in the morn.
Re: Glo Not Working by hakon: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2011
their server room caught fire. they have rectified their problem fully now
Re: Glo Not Working by ogbongzky(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2011
GLO is back, if you dont like Glo, go hug transformer. No network is 100percent efficient and no one can boast of avoiding such disaster. Nobody holly pass jooor
Re: Glo Not Working by 49cents(m): 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2011
^ u r a real glo fan cool
Re: Glo Not Working by vokeefe50: 11:38am On Feb 14, 2011
i still cant connect to the internet, the service is not fully back
Re: Glo Not Working by spicy007(f): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
there was a notification on the Glo websitelast week , saying they had a fire incident on Thursday night at one of their main transmission offices.
thats what caused the hiccup.
its back now tho
Re: Glo Not Working by ncpat(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2011
every network has N1,000 (one thousand naira) Internet subscription for 30 days except glo and yet some people are still supporting them, don`t allow anynetwork to deceive you with black berry service,all you need is a good phone and just subscribe to etibaba (etisalat) N1,000 per month. you can`t even finish it. for example my boss wanted to buy glo black berry N95,000 and subscription of N2,800 a month but i advice him to buy nokia N8 for same price and subscribe to etisalat of N1,000 a month now you see the monthly difference of N1,800 and you can`t even finish it and you still do everything blackberry does.
Re: Glo Not Working by twinskenny(m): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2011
ncpat:

every network has N1,000 (one thousand naira) Internet subscription for 30 days except glo and yet some people are still supporting them, don`t allow anynetwork to deceive you with black berry service,all you need is a good phone and just subscribe to etibaba (etisalat) N1,000 per month. you can`t even finish it. for example my boss wanted to buy glo black berry N95,000 and subscription of N2,800 a month but i advice him to buy nokia N8 for same price and subscribe to etisalat of N1,000 a month now you see the monthly difference of N1,800 and you can`t even finish it and you still do everything blackberry does.

before you started spitting rubbish why dont u get ur fact right?

glo 150mb per month = 1k

olodo like you, if you hate them dont condemn ther products
Re: Glo Not Working by mrofficial(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
ncpat:

You fit PING!!! on top Nokia ? grin
Re: Glo Not Working by aieromon(m): 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2011
mr.official:

You fit PING!!! on top Nokia ? grin

I guess his boss just needs a high end phone with Push-Email capabilities.He made a right choice.
Re: Glo Not Working by mrofficial(m): 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^ But he said everything blackberry does. cheesy
Re: Glo Not Working by aieromon(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2011
Thanks for gettin' the point.
Re: Glo Not Working by Tokotaya: 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2011
I guess it's a season of poor quality of service across all the networks. Come to think of it, nomatter how many networks there are in this nation, it is ultimately one single network. When one has a problem, it ultimately affects the others, because they are all interconnected. As a subscriber if you try ur Glo and it doesnt work, you reach for ur Etisalat, or Airtel or MTN. In due course, the new traffic pouring into the other networks create congestion. Hopefully the networks will expand to such an extent that the impact of problems on individual networks will not be so much on the overall network.
Re: Glo Not Working by Greycells(m): 9:05am On Feb 16, 2011
@Tokotaya. You are making sense kiss kiss kiss.

I am experiencing difficulties using my Glo line in the past few days. I have had to try many times to get through and then, when the call is finally connected, the connection is shaky, cutting off in the midst of a call. My wife who uses MTN has also of late had issues. I think it's quite logical that happenings on these networks affect each other.
Re: Glo Not Working by Greycells(m): 9:11am On Feb 16, 2011
Ha ha.

See pg. 45 of today's Punch for the glo style beg-beg advert over poor network affecting us all.

Anyways sha. They are giving all prepaid subscribers double talk time (Glo2Glo) on every recharge between Thursday 17th and Sunday 20th February 2011 (dem dey take style do promo again for network wey burn-burn just happen).

They should give us service jo, we need on-net talk time.

MTN here I come. Magic Number gbam! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Not Working by Mcleo007(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2011
@g-reycells, that shows the mark of a network that has respect for there customers. MTN will never do that! All they do is exploit people. Now,when they discovered people are leaving them for airtel and etisalat,they came with their 'juju' number thing,stupid move I must say. That alone now has crumbled the quality of their service. For close to 2 weeks nw,mtn bb users have been going thru epileptic service. Worst thing,there is no explanation as 2 what is goin on,and what wuld be done 2 resolve and compensate the customers. Thank God its been over 2 months I used mtn 2 mak ma calls. Wuld leave them 4 gud soon.
Re: Glo Not Working by Greycells(m): 10:10am On Feb 16, 2011
@Mcleo007
grin grin grin
Glo respect? Hia! I laugh in Ijebu language.

I be glo subscriber oh!

Check d advert, in no place did they apologise. I just read in-between the lines.

To be candid Glo na promotions (baba ijebu) network. Some of us desire more from a network.

Glo (been using it since inception) and airtel are not my idea of a good network at all, shikenah.

Ironically, MTN and the underdog Etisalat seem to be getting it right.
Re: Glo Not Working by Tokotaya: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2011
Mcleo007:

@g-reycells, that shows the mark of a network that has respect for there customers. MTN will never do that! All they do is exploit people. Now,when they discovered people are leaving them for airtel and etisalat,they came with their 'juju' number thing,silly move I must say. That alone now has crumbled the quality of their service. For close to 2 weeks nw,mtn bb users have been going thru epileptic service. Worst thing,there is no explanation as 2 what is goin on,and what wuld be done 2 resolve and compensate the customers. Thank God its been over 2 months I used mtn 2 mak ma calls. Wuld leave them 4 gud soon.
After all said and done, I must confess that the MTN Magic or Juju number thing has worked perfectly for me here. By the time my current monthly subscription expires next week, I would have saved roughly N2000 on my monthly phone bill. We can't be too sure it was the introduction of the juju number that caused the BB problems on the network. I’m not a technical person, but it simply doesn’t sound right. I would imagine the platform for BB service would be different, being data and all. Anyway, the magic number thing is one way for subscribers to get their dues from MTN. Let nobody cajole them to revoke it o. Abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where to buy brand new handphone @ the cheap price? / I Need Help With Itunes Payment Method Solution / How To Get 75MB For 20 Naira On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.