Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,424 members, 7,908,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:21 PM

Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt (10593 Views)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / Now That The Gworo Master Has Decided To Wade Into The Syrian War / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by manny4life(m): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^, calling someone a slave is very harsh, please take it easy on him.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Freesia(f): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2011
What baffles me is that these leaders who always cling to power are mostly over seventy years of age!! do they take advantage of their long lifespan as a means of terrorizing their own people?
Now that Egypt has given the power to the military the real TEST comes in September,lets wait and see if the military will release the power back to a civilian
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2011
You say that like they know from before that they will have a long life span? Mubarak came into power when he was probably in his 40's /50's.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life said:

^^^^, calling someone a slave is very harsh, please take it easy on him

But he IS a slave. Only a slave would come in here and turn this into a racial thing, stating that Mubarak is somehow ''better than black leaders'', after he's ruled with an iron fist, under a state of emergency for 30 years, murdered and tortured countless thousands of opponents, and siphoned over $70 billion.

But since he is ''oyinbo'' or ''Arab'', the maga 1 the SLAVE somehow manages to contrive that he is ''better than blacks''.

So of course he is a SLAVE.

Even worse, he is a SLAVE with a pea brain.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Freesia(f): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You say that like they know from before that they will have a long life span? Mubarak came into power when he was probably in his 40's /50's

Well it looks like the older they get the bolder they become,he might have come into power in his 40's/50's but that shouldn't be a reason why he would still want to continue ruling at the age of 82 !!.I bet you he was expecting to win the elections in Sept
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^ What of taking a look at this from the other end. He came into power in his 40's/50's, but no one really pushed this far to have him removed for 30 years. Do you blame him for wanting to hold on to what he has come used to believing that people don't really mind him having?
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Ify27(m): 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
if only nigeriains could do the same and stop being so divided we could actually get sum things happening

but only in a million years
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DeeJay20: 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
Awwwwww Come on people, cant u just chill and watch a
video and learn something,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlF8MxXtsR4[/flash]
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by jenuwyne: 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
No offence, Nigeria can never do same. We are too divided to be unified. ITS OF NO USE TO EVEN TRY.I only pray the military transits peacefully in september, cos theres nothing worrse than a military holding on to power even for 30days.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie said:

^^^ What of taking a look at this from the other end. He came into power in his 40's/50's, but no one really pushed this far to have him removed for 30 years.

Many ''pushed'' but he murderered, tortured and jailed his way to their silence.

Do you blame him for wanting to hold on to what he has come used to believing that people don't really mind him having?

Sure, the dead don't mind. Neither do the thousands of tortured and jailed dissidents. I wonder why you're so ''understanding'' and ''considerate'' of Mubarak's reign. Oops I forgot, he's not black.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Ify27(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
sorry im lost?? why will they have power for 30 days?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
jenuwyne:

No offence, Nigeria can never do same. We are too divided to be unified. ITS OF NO USE TO EVEN TRY.I only pray the military transits peacefully in september, cos theres nothing worrse than a military holding on to power even for 30days.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by passyjango(m): 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
A victory for Egyptians, a victory for people power.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
jenuwyne:

See . . . the people finally UNITED themselves under a cause to get this done. Now if Nigerians can look beyond their noses to see that they are all humans and deserve better, we can probably make headways. We don't need to oust a dictator --- we only need to DEMAND change form those WE ELECT, and that is not even 100 X close to what the Egyptians have had to do in the last 18 days.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
jenuwyne said:

No offence, Nigeria can never do same. We are too divided to be unified. ITS OF NO USE TO EVEN TRY.

Wait till we have a dictator rule us for 30 years, banning freedom of speech, banning freedom of association, and torturing, murdering and jailing all opponents for 30 years straight. THEN see if Nigerians will unite or not unite to eject him. TILL THAT CIRCUMSTANCE EXISTS, you cannot say what you don't know.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Freesia(f): 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ What of taking a look at this from the other end. He came into power in his 40's/50's, but no one really pushed this far to have him removed for 30 years. Do you blame him for wanting to hold on to what he has come used to believing that people don't really mind him having?
don't get me wrong living the good life of massive wealth and power is very rare to part with, very few people if any have left the presidency with their dignity intact. Mr Mubarak's own cabinet feared to tell him that his fellow Egyptians hated his guts but preferred to suffer in silence.I guess even the most patient of people becomes impatient once in a while this time 30 years later  smiley
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by sirp2007: 10:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
God be praise, 2 down more to go, sheer determination is d key
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by mamagee3(f): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
*Takes a moment of silence and recites*

Oh will you pharoah let my people go, go down go down to egypt and tell pharoah, pharoah let my people go. grin grin grin

Mubarak, who is your father? grin grin

Good riddance to bad rubbish. angry angry
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by jenuwyne: 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

See . . . the people finally UNITED themselves under a cause to get this done. Now if Nigerians can look beyond their noses to see that they are all humans and deserve better, we can probably make headways. We don't need to oust a dictator --- we only need to DEMAND change form those WE ELECT, and that is not even 100 X close to what the Egyptians have had to do in the last 18 days.

Truthfully, i tried to understand if this is supposed to be an argument, however how can we look beyond our noses when we have different opinions of ourselves? which common language do we speak? which common food do we eat? which common step do we take? which common house do we live in? we are survivors not fighters never was never would be. Change will come to NIGERIA, but not in this way. LETS FIRST LOVE OUR NEIGHBOURS, THEN OUR COUNTRY WILL FOLLOW.
ROSSIKE:

jenuwyne said:

Wait till we have a dictator rule us for 30 years, banning freedom of speech, banning freedom of association, and torturing, murdering and jailing all opponents for 30 years straight. THEN see if Nigerians will unite or not unite to eject him. TILL THAT CIRCUMSTANCE EXISTS, you cannot say what you don't know.
No we cant have a dictator rule for 30years, its our design, the system has not made it so, our is politics and polity tah has failed, corruption that is almost cancelling out any leevel of morality ans integrity we as apeople, leadership that has failed and still failing, quite frankly what are you willing to die for or at least stand for. no matter how you look at it nigeria is like a mini USA, too many different people in one nation.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2011
jenuwyne:

Truthfully, i tried to understand if this is supposed to be an argument, however how can we look beyond our noses when we have different opinions of ourselves? which common language do we speak? which common food do we eat? which common step do we take? which common house do we live in? we are survivors not fighters never was never would be. Change will come to NIGERIA, but not in this way. LETS FIRST LOVE OUR NEIGHBOURS, THEN OUR COUNTRY WILL FOLLOW

I am sorry but what you have above is no different from what people in Egypt deal with as well. Each Egyptian had to deal with others of different opinions, favourite foods, homes, religions, ideologies etc . Common step they took was in the way of COMMON SENSE -- FREEDOM FOR ALL(not just freedom for those who believe what they believe, or those whose favourite foods were same as theirs, or those who shared the same religious beliefs, or those who lived in just their house or their part of the country). That is how people unite by looking past their NOSES.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by jenuwyne: 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but what you have above is no different from what people in Egypt deal with as well. Each Egyptian had to deal with others of different opinions, favourite foods, homes, religions, ideologies etc . Common step they took was in the way of COMMON SENSE -- FREEDOM FOR ALL(not just freedom for those who believe what they believe, or those whose favourite foods were same as theirs, or those who shared the same religious beliefs, or those who lived in just their house or their part of the country). That is how people unite by looking past their NOSES.

ok. Quickly, show me a nation with half this stats that have done this successfully? 774 LGAs, over 250 languages, 6 geopolitical zone, over 9 different militias, religion? over 40 political parties etc. Frankly, revolution is successful IF you are one, and united not yet we cant even come together to agree on some simple issues as these. our leaders knows this, hence they use it against us.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
jenuwyne:

ok. Quickly, show me a nation with half this stats that have done this successfully? 774 LGAs, over 250 languages, 6 geopolitical zone, over 9 different militias, religion? over 40 political parties etc. Frankly, revolution is successful IF you are one, and united not yet we cant even come together to agree on some simple issues as these. our leaders knows this, hence they use it against us.

Done what? Remember, this is the same Nigeria that Protested back on June 12th. On june 23rd, 1993, thousands across Nigerian protested the canceling of the June 12th election. I am not sure why you are trying to pretend it is utterly impossible for the people to look past their differences yet again to get something accomplished to the benefit of All.

It is possible, only we need to see it. It is possible for Nigerians to once again, and for good step out UNSELFISHLY to protest the current situation in the country. Note: much of the work has already been done for us. God took Abacha from us(our last dictator) with no need for us to lift a finger. God Took out Yar adua to give us less stress. What again do we have to cry about? We have a democratic government --- all we need to get serious about our place in this government.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Princek12(m): 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
Nigeria has had no stable electricity for over 30 years, yet we have done nothing but whine like sisis. I think we need to riot in the streets so that these mofos in Abuja can solve this electricity crisis.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by jenuwyne: 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Done what? Remember, this is the same Nigeria that Protested back on June 12th. On june 23rd, 1993, thousands across Nigerian protested the canceling of the June 12th election. I am not sure why you are trying to pretend it is utterly impossible for the people to look past their differences yet again to get something accomplished to the benefit of All.

It is possible, only we need to see it. It is possible for Nigerians to once again, and for good step out UNSELFISHLY to protest the current situation in the country. Note: much of the work has already been done for us. God took Abacha from us(our last dictator) with no need for us to lift a finger. God Took out Yar adua to give us less stress. What again do we have to cry about? We have a democratic government --- all we need to get serious about our place in this government.

I am liking this, slowly and surely we are getting there. I tried as much as poosible to avoid it in my post, but thank goodness you brought it up. GOD has been our saviour by taking out those people you mentioned not us, neither was it our protest. June 12? of what effect was the protest when the self acclaimed winner was protesting from outside Nigeria? Infact it was not a protest, it was called Abiola war,this was wrong. It looked like a war for a certain group of peope, Igbos in the south was packing and leaving, yorubas in the north was moving down south, it was just chaos never organised hence it failed. Or rather i just couldnt measure its success. My dear God is still leading the battle for us here in 9ja, where he leads we will follow.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DysonDR: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2011
At last Arab`s number one hypocrite and traitor is defeated . The next step is to ask him to tell Egyptians what happened to Anwar Saddat .
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Decryptor(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2011
@kobojunkie, u need to understand that Nigeria is a multi-ethnic nation and so staging a protest like the one in Egypt is impossible. For example: If it is an hausa man u are protesting against, the hausas will back him and judge the protest as a tribal move to oust their own out of power. Same goes if it's an Ibo, yoruba or middle belt president. The only time Nigerians come together as one is when we watch super eagles play football.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by jenuwyne: 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2011
Decryptor:

@kobojunkie, u need to understand that Nigeria is a multi-ethnic nation and so staging a protest like the one in Egypt is impossible. For example: If it is an hausa man u are protesting against, the hausas will back him and judge the protest as a tribal move to oust their own out of power. Same goes if it's an Ibo, yoruba or middle belt president. The only time Nigerians come together as one is when we watch super eagles play football.

SIMPLY PUT
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Feb 12, 2011
jenuwyne:

I am liking this, slowly and surely we are getting there. I tried as much as poosible to avoid it in my post, but thank goodness you brought it up. GOD has been our saviour by taking out those people you mentioned not us, neither was it our protest. June 12? of what effect was the protest when the self acclaimed winner was protesting from outside Nigeria? Infact it was not a protest, it was called Abiola war,this was wrong. It looked like a war for a certain group of peope, Igbos in the south was packing and leaving, yorubas in the north was moving down south, it was just chaos  never organised hence it failed. Or rather i just couldnt measure its success. My dear God is still leading the battle for us here in 9ja, where he leads we will follow.

Again, the point is NOT on the result of the protest since some dubious protesters took advantage of the situation to exert revenge on their fellow Nigerians and turned what started off peacefully into a chaotic situation. Nevertheless, Nigerians united to bring panic to the nation in the weeks that followed.

Ibos packing up and leaving was because people feared in the days after the initial chaos that more ethnic AGBEROS would continue to take advantage of the situation to get revenge on those of different ethnicities. Again, NOTE that not all those involved descended to that low. Only a few AGBEROS/ABA BOYZ/MALLAMS did this but it was enough to put fear in many.

So, back to what we are discussing, the same Nigerians who were just as divided then but still matched the streets and boycotted businesses and government in the days after are the same ones today that can do it again, and maybe this time push for success, instead of giving up after some weeks like they did in the past.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Feb 12, 2011
Decryptor:

Someone has already tried that excuse. Please read my response below . . . . 
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DysonDR: 12:11am On Feb 12, 2011
The question is how many Nigerians inside Nigeria have heard of the protests going in North Africa . Most Nigerian homes suffer constant power failure, the few minutes light will stay, they use it to watch home videos . Is that how they can organize for any meaningful protest? .  
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by SuperT(m): 12:20am On Feb 12, 2011
I say BIG Congratulation to Egyptian!!!
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by AceKid(m): 12:29am On Feb 12, 2011
chei  !!!  na for whr that Mumubarak hide  ? me ma sef i dey look 4 am,

person want turn world richest man for government money !               PROTESTER 2 MUBARAK :  is zit your moni, ?? MUBARAK 2 PROTESTER :   y u dey vex !

a democracy president denies the people their right to protest ( revolution )  ?

Swiss bank freeze account  ?

i felt Obama has done it again in handling  international diplomacy  issue diplomatically, i now know y he is always smilin, no sweat just use your  intelligence wink

NA SO WE GO DEY ?  LOL grin
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by semid4lyfe(m): 12:34am On Feb 12, 2011
Mubarak na big MUMU and I dey vex for am badly.

I made a bet with a friend for 1k that he wasn't going to step down and now he's done just that.

I bin think se im get liver like Gaddafi but alas I was wrong.

Spineless idiot oshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov. Ambode Addresses Media On The Rescue Of The Three Female Students / Insecurity: Northerners Not Happy, Bafarawa Tells Buhari / Zainab Ahmed: ₦‎206bn In Humanitarian Affairs Ministry Was Wrongly Coded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.