Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,848 members, 7,876,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Prepare To Shut Down If You Do These As A Small Scale Business Owner. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Prepare To Shut Down If You Do These As A Small Scale Business Owner. (230 Views)

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed / How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prepare To Shut Down If You Do These As A Small Scale Business Owner. by AlexAfolabi(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Stagnancy and regression are major attributes displayed by some of the small businesses in Nigeria.

Many times, I wonder if the small scale businesses started just to fail after few months or years of running. More than seven of ten exhibit potentials of shutting down.

Like many of us, I have been to public offices where the workers employed to meet my needs disdained me, some even enjoy eating their meal when they have people parading their offices.

The reasons for this rotten attitude is still unclear to me. Is it because the government refused to pay them or because we like exercising authorities in our little capacity to frustrate people just like we are being frustrated?

You may choose to answer that within you.

The private sector (SMEs) that is supposed to do well in quality services and effective customer service are also entangled with the sheer stale attitude.

I had a fair and unfair share of this lackadaisical act, one of them was two years ago when I wanted to design a website for a program I intend to host. I paid a large amount of the agreed fee, gave a sample website and also gave the template for that same website but unfortunately he still went to deliver another thing entirely.

I aired my opinion, told him this was not what I wanted, he locked me out of the website and till tomorrow both the website and money are still in the air.

There are more horrible experiences I could share, I suffered from this people who I met online no be small. However, there is also a sweet experience that extinguish my rage always from this supposed business owners.

My hair stylist should be a definition of who should be a business owner, for seven years, I am yet to patronize any other hair stylist. As a matter of fact, I spend more on transportation than the cost of shaving my hair. I am delighted with that service, some of my friends calls it witchcraft, I told them I enjoy it like that.

Seven years and counting, he has continued to deliver exactly what I wanted, how I wanted it and when I want it. One would think he studied customer excellence at Harvard Business School.

He knew when to call for retouch of my hair and whenever I call if he is not available he would give me a time. Till today, he is one of the most reliable business owner I know.

You see dear business owner, being a Nigerian already placed you at a disadvantage in the business world, your product excellence and customer satisfaction will stand you out and ensure the sustainability of your business.

If as a small scale businessman owner, you still underdeliver either by default of poor product or customer service, you need to take your time, restrategies and head back to the game with your best.

You will drop out from the race and you will be forgotten once you fail to amend your slacks.

Kindly share a positive and negative experience you have with business in Nigeria via the comment box below.

(1) (Reply)

Opay Flexifix / Copywriting: The Billion Dollar Industry People Are Ignorant About / For Your Foreign Doors. Sales And Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.