Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (62473 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Futureyahooboi(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
My brother I understand what you are going through but life is full of options to pick from. You are till young and is never too late to correct your mistakes and believe in yourself. If you think you don't know what to do with your life at 25 then what about those at 35. You can till make it.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Newmee(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Its a pity brother, that your facing a challenge is never an arena for you to think you have seen it all, if you hear others people stories you go forget about your very own, just try to be greatful, when there is life, believe me, hope still dey, let me share you little,of mine own story, am a physical challenge person, ( handicap) av being done with ND programme, since 2015, then I was age 23, with no one to help, no one to invest in me, because I renounce my faith, I given my life to Christ, I have to go and learn Berber, with my one hand, can you imagin, coz God won't give up on me, then why should I, its seem like its the end, also look like a failure, 2018 I happens to be a successful applicate of the Npower scheme, then while attending to my ppa, (working), trying to go for my HNd program on the other hand, bro, am 28 now and am till in 300L, HND1, with the way things are going, am scared I might not be able to scale through, just trust your very own creator, He never create garbage

2 Likes

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by VersatileVee: 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
jamesxay:
Hi OP I'm also your age, I also have passed through this, failing isn't a life, it's a temporary situation you could change, i am still facing issues today but going with God, seeing that he wants me to keep on trying and learning from my experiences and making sacrifices. I'm hopeful for my life and currently learning a profitable skill which I love and makes me happy.

Hit me up DM..I can add you to a group which were learning programming together.
Boss I fit dm I want learn also

Stay strong.

1 Like

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by olendave(m): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
God will see us through
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by stalingraddd(m): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
My story is quite a sad and long one.
I wish I could write it all out. My life has been a terrible mess.
Where did it go wrong for me, I have no idea.

I am writing with so much emotion, my heart is full and heavy.
Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
A 16 years old boy in the university, so much freedom and exposure.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.
All my mates I started with have done their NYSC.

I'm still stuck in the same stage.
I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I have no true friends. Nobody checks on me, nobody calls me.

At this age, I can't boast of having 500 naira in my account.
I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.
My elder ones are graduates, but no solid job yet.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.
I have disappointed them a lot.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

At 23 years, I have no idea what I will do with my future.
I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

What is wrong with me, why am I miserable?

I have no good clothes. My clothes are all worn out.
I have nothing doing, i live off my parents.

Since schools were shut down, I have been at home doing nothing.
Completely broke, damaged and miserable.

Can my life be any better. What do I do. I am depressed.
I keep asking myself these questions but there
Seem to be no answer.

All what you are feeling is normal at this stage in your life, trust me it will pass so long as you don't give up, you will look back and laugh at how powerless and frustrated you felt during this time in your life.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by ayomideking(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Don't give up OP, this is just the beginning, better days are ahead.. like an yourba adage says[b][/b]didun loman gbein ewuro[b][/b]
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by VersatileVee: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sysdatek:

PM
Will give u 100$ to trade along with me
You can earn 24usd a month on it

We all been there
boss teach me trading please
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by olendave(m): 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sysdatek:

PM
Will give u 100$ to trade along with me
You can earn 24usd a month on it

We all been there
Hi bro, Am really interested in trading have been looking for a way out on this. Please show me love.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by YoungandDepress: 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
aminusodiq:
life can be funny bro.. I had friends who had admission late, some graduated @30, while some @25.... At 23, u still have hope of doing something for yourself... Urwriteup showed how brilliant u we're, and how intelligent u should be. There is nothing bad in living off ur parents as a student.

Try ur possible best to learn a skill, even if u hav to involve ur eldest brother, maybe he can be of help, they can only forgive a sin of such magnitude if dey realize u ar doing somtin for urslf!

I won't advice u work for small business DAT pays a merger salary, better u sacrifice dis time for the future, either online or offline, there are alot of skills u can learn!!

I'm a realistic pencil artist, and I do various forms of graphics designs too, picture frames, 3d canvas, wall panels etc... I can help with the latter skills if u have a laptop, and I can teach u arts (FREE) if u have the passion and the talent inert My link is there on my signature!

I don't have a laptop currently bro but I will keep this in mind. Thank you very much for reaching out. God bless you sir
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by gigante: 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
spayor:
I'll love to talk too
Hit me up
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by HumanCalc: 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Bro, even though my own problem is nowhere near yours coupled with the fact that I have a well-to-do brother ready to spend his last dime on me, I still feel terrible and depressed on some days just because things have not gone the way I have planned. In your free time, try and make plans for how you want to be successful in life and then chase it like a mad man. Don't let those yahoo boys with nice clothes and big cars distract you. Remember, they won't take care of your life for you.

Try and download Rainbow by Kacey Musgrave if you listen to music and read up the lyrics. With an earpiece, the song should make you feel good whenever you feel depressed. Love from this side.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by aminusodiq(m): 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

I don't have a laptop currently bro but I will keep this in mind. Thank you very much for reaching out. God bless you sir
let me know when you do... grin stay happy
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Deering1008: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
flyingpig:
OP pm me please we need to discuss

You better thank God for your life.. You still have age on your side and it’s never too late to choose the right path. I’m 32 years and two weeks ago I lost 2million which is my entire life savings to bet9ja. I felt like committing suicide but a friend prayed for me and now I’m beginning to see life from a new perspective.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by unmask: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Skankamola:
...typical story of gamblers, that is what it does when you become addicted: wrecked and hopeless. Theres the story of two guys who gambled with their bosses $10k dollars during the last world cup and lost it, they ended up jumping off a 14 storey building. There was another story here about a guy who lost about 800k on gambling in a single day, imagine that becomes a habit especially as a student, what remains of you? lost without savings, relationships and focus. It is the wrong hobby you picked up that put you where you are today. You are lucky you have realised its a waste of your youth, its time to pick up your books again and forget about such vices. Dont feel ashamed of anything for a bit. Just be patient with your self and focus on what you want to achieve, and make a plan for it. There is alot more you can be successful at. Maybe you should learn a trade at your spare time.
Gambling is no different from those that borrow money and commit suicide when the business tanks and they can't pay back.....so there are excesses with Everything from gambling to religion......
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by HolyTitus(m): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
gigante:
Brother please calm down, like you I'm a law undergraduate in 300 level at the same age with you. Yes admission frustrated me, i sat for jamb 4/5 times. Please calm down.

As for broke, aren't we undergraduates all broke? I know you feel like a failure but please calm down. Are you on WhatsApp? Can we talk privately?

Modified: Seeing as this has blown up and I'm seeing lots of younger people in the same shoes all depressed, and I'm getting lots of pms, i would like to offer an opportunity, where you pm me, and i will create a WhatsApp forum for us to share opportunities to each other. If you don't think it's a good idea please ignore, thanks.

PS: I have no ulterior motives, just a young person wishing to impact lives.
kindly add me up to the group via zero 8 zero 3 one five 6 6 seven five nine. Thanks
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by wjxavier(m): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Well at least you have an idea that you have no idea.

That’s a good place to start from, worthy of celebrating.

Many are not even aware.

You’re doing well, my dear bro/sis.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
internationalman:
All I have to say is quit masturbation...
lolzzx y change the t
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by aaking(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

Bro you need JESUS not atheist. If you don't look on Christ who has the power to Reverse the IRREVERSIBLE you'll continue to be depressed. Don't be a negative example to others. Begin to think positive and associate yourself with 'Good' Christians . Pls watch dove tv 7pm tomorrow friday or listen through 92:3Fm/ 104:1fm. Pastor E.A Adeboye can minister to you true the Lord. Matt11:28-30. Shalom
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by onez: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
This virtual Bet9ja needs to be banned. Lives are been wasted.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Me b 22

I'm not happy staying with my mom

I want to get my own house
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by VersatileVee: 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
HolyTitus:
kindly add me up to the group via zero 8 zero 3 one five 6 6 seven five nine. Thanks

Share the link here when you do....
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by VersatileVee: 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
aminusodiq:
let me know when you do... grin stay happy
boss help a brother
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by jaxxy(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.
My life all started to go in the negative direction when I gained admission at age 16.
I messed up my life, I became addicted to bet9ja virtual gambling I lost focus, Gambling killed me, I started failing exams, at the end I dropped out without my parents Knowing, but the truth came out when I was supposed to graduate, I could not hide it anymore. I told them the truth, my parents forgave me like the prodigal son.

They still believed in me especially my mom, she keeps reminding me of how intelligent I used to be.

Well I'm not here to talk about my past life but here to talk about how it is still affecting me today.

Ever since I started university all over again, I have been miserable and frustrated. Nothing has been working in my favour. I'm currently now in 200level hoping to graduate before 25.

I have no idea what I am doing with my life. I'm young, broke and depressed. I get irritated over little things. I feel disgust at how I uselessed my youthful life. How gambling destroyed me.

By the grace of whichever god exists, I am no longer addicted to gambling. I have quit the addiction for almost a year now but nothing changed, I still feel miserable. I hate having people around me even my family members including my mom.

I'm broke and miserable.

I have started hating God and question my belief in God. I hate Sunday's. I hate hearing about God, I don't blame God for my troubles but I'm angry at the fact that despite my parents being dedicated Christians, things are not working well in my family.

Only my eldest brother who is doing quite well now and I thank God for his life but we don't talk. I can't remember the last time I called him on phone. They don't hate me, I hate myself.

I just lost the last #1000 I had in my life today and I cried. The money fell out my pocket when I went to get something.

I still live with my parents and I have never rented an apartment of my own even in school.

Seem to be no answer.

There is an old bt highly important proverb that goes “As u lay u bed so u lie on it”.

It means u are a direct product of ur choices. Make good and quality choices and good and quality things will come to u.

Also make poor and terrible choices and same poor and terrible things will come to u. It’s ALL about ur CHOICES. Lol, it’s not rocket science or Sm thing smwhere disturbing ur life.

U even believe in God so all that’s left I to get ur choices right. Then watch ur life begin to change positively.

What u know, what u think on translates to the type and quality of choice u will make so be careful and be wise. Cheers
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by wjxavier(m): 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
You need to forgive yourself.

You can’t move forward thinking like a loser. Or seeing yourself as one.

Only you can fix this. And it begins with respecting yourself again, reminding yourself who you truly are and speaking to yourself.

I’ve been there.

Spent 10 years in the university. Smh. Nothing changed until I KINGED MYSELF.

Nothing changed.

The same will be your case.

Forget who doesn’t check on you. Nobody checks on a loser.

They will return when you KING yourself.

Start to see yourself in a new light.

Nothing will work. Losers are losers.

Your life will not emerge beyond the image that you hold of yourself.

I hope this helps.

I’ll prolly do a full article on this later.

But keep in mind, it is the only way.

No idea...no matter how brilliant...will change your life if you don’t stop feeling sorry for yourself and seeing yourself as a loser or disappointment.

That’s where the problem is.

That’s what the devil wants.

There are no losers in heaven.

Smile.

Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Alexpetra: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

i hope you no dey bear my name ooo ... cus na my exact life matter u put out so God help us, not even i don dey doubt his existence
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by olendave(m): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sarah20A:
Drop your number and your account number

please reach me too. 09036118664 ( acct info: 2056316999 Uba PLC ) thank you.
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Life hard

Op, take it easy things will get better with time, I'm even in a worse situation currently and even older than you but I will never give up on myself, trying to get my life back on track

I believe with time, things will work out fine, just be optimistic even though I know how difficult it is due to peer pressure from successful friends

God is your strength
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by manfred10(m): 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:

Life is bitter.

I am a 23 years old guy.

I'm broke and miserable.

Seem to be no answer.

Send me your phone number on 08095299028 let me call you
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by musa7m(m): 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
This life no just balance ......at 25 ....I no get any reasonable thing to write home about .....to make it worst .....I be first son of the family .....just take it easy .... everyone of us get problem ....
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by FredHosy: 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
YoungandDepress:
cry
I know the sins of my past are catching up with me. Karma is hitting me from all directions.
I see my mates riding nice cars, living in their rented apartment, I cry.

Most of my classmates I finished secondary school with are now responsible graduates and here I am, stuck in 200level.

I see them in the street and I hide myself in shame and disgrace because I can't answer the catching up questions.

I still ask 500 naira from my parents just to go out.

I stayed through out the month of June without earning even one thousand naira by myself.

Sometimes I curse the day I was born and why I came through a mid level family and not a rich family.

God has abandoned me. I can't remember the last time I prayed. Not that I even care now.
I am turning into an atheist because of my frustrations.

Sometimes I think why not just die and end it all, I mean we are all going to die one day so what is the point, but then I think of my family and the shame it will bring upon them and at the same time I think what if I die and heaven and hell is real. It's funny how the thought of hell keeps me going and trying to do good with my life when I don't really believe in God anymore.

Safe to say, my suicidal tendencies are very low to non existent but I hope I have the courage to keep pushing. I hope one day, I just don't loose it completely.

Even my phone I am using to type this has a damaged screen which I'm half managing but it is what it is, I have no funds to fix it and no relative to help.

I mean I'm just here watching the days go by, taking evening walks around the neighborhood and thinking how my life would have been if I didn't mess it up or did all these happen to me so I can be a testimony to others if life decides to smile on me?
I have no idea.

I'M JUST A YOUNG, BROKE, MISERABLE AND DEPRESSED MAN.

I PRAY MY SOUL FINDS THE PEACE THAT IT DESPERATELY SEEKS.
cry

I just wanted to table my emotions here and vent out all the frustrations in my head because I have no one to talk deep with me. I hope to find little relief and seek solace in the peace of others.

It’s well dude just hang in there all will be well
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by bahdpersona(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2020
I'm going through what you narrated too. even though mine wasn't caused by what causes yours. my depression, loneliness, self hatred and low self esteem was because I'm an introvert.....what could be a possible solution to your situation is being social.. you need to get closer to people, make more friends, they will inturn be the one to advise you each time you're having issue
Re: At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 07, 2020
Sarah20A:
Drop your number and your account number
aunty me core? We too dey depressed

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Man Discovers Unclad Photos & Love Chat From A Woman On His Wife’s Phone / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / His Wife Caught Him Red-handed . You Just Can't Believe What Happened.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.