Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:31 AM

How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? (2651 Views)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hi all...
So I've got this friend of mine who might be loving this pretty lady that works as a pharmacist in the southern part of Nigeria.
Apparently the girl is from a good family that has a good background.
Brand new car*probably bought by her parents) and works as a pharmacist here in the south and still live with her parents.
Maybe young,say 25 or so,schooled abroad,eloquent,she seems kind from the few times we all hung together and doesn't seem materialistic.
However my friend is a realist and he knows money always matter along 5he line.
He owns his own business,educated and seem to be doing Good too and financially stable(nice house,relatively new car,good business,some properties both inherited and personal effort etc...)
So what bothers him is;
He would like to know how much pharmacists make in Nigeria(the drugstore ones) and what are its growth potentials?
What a woman like that will want in a man,especially when it comes to finance.
He is also worried if a educated family like theirs will want a businessman(trader) for an inlaw or maybe might prefer corporate world people as it seem almost everyone in their family is one professional or the other.
My guy seem to want to settle down soon and wants to make a decision amongst some of the options at hand as he doesn't want to waste much time again.
First hand experiences will be appreciated,thanks...
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Hathor5(f): 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Shouldn't the two of them discuss such things together?

9 Likes

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
My niggar you may need this topic to get to front page to get more input

Seun Lalasticlala
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
But if you ask me, like the lady above me said, your guy should ask her how much is ok for her
wink

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hathor5:
Well it might be rude of him to ask her some of these things directly and she can read an undertone to it or worse,pretend.
So he asked me as his guy and I couldn't answer him directly then I decided to ask here.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
But if you ask me, like the lady above me said, your guy should ask her how much is ok for her
wink
Like how much my guy makes so she can know if it's good for her or not?
Doesn't seem right sha and people can always pretend,so he wants to get some of these info by the side.
The lady acts contented and all but my guy is scared so that they won't come and stress him in marriage and things like that.
Simple guy,not superficial and things like that,so he doesn't wanna be put under pressure.
That's what I think.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Hathor5(f): 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
Well it might be rude of him to ask her some of these things directly and she can read an undertone to it or worse,pretend.
So he asked me as his guy and I couldn't answer him directly then I decided to ask here.

I understand it but in a good relationship you should be able to open up to your partner and address such issues. Only she knows how her family thinks, no stranger on NL will.

What I think is that your friend feels insecure around her. That's his main problem because he doesn't need NL to figure out what standard of living his girlfriend is used to.

It's possible Nairalanders will increase his insecurity. undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hathor5:

I understand it but in a good relationship you should be able to open up to your partner and address such issues. Only she knows how her family thinks, no stranger on NL will.

What I think is that your friend feels insecure around her. That's his main problem because he doesn't need NL to figure out what standard of living his girlfriend is used to.

It's possible Nairalanders will increase his insecurity. undecided
No I don't think he is insecure because I know him for long now.
He knows if it is by going by what the girl is used to,he won't be able to cope.
First the girl uses a brand new car bought by her parents,big house and all those rich kid things.My guy will really struggle to keep up with that.
But he thinks if the girl is doing good from her job(drugstore pharmacist),maybe she might not bother him much with unrealistic demands that need to be met.
They are both young,my guy is 28 and she 25.
So if he starts rooting large bills from an unrealistic woman now it might mar his dreams a lot.
So he wants to know what she earns possible so he can judge If she is self sufficient first or not.Shey you understand?
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Hathor5(f): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
He knows if it is by going by what the girl is used to,he won't be able to cope.
First the girl uses a brand new car bought by her parents,big house and all those rich kid things.My guy will really struggle to keep up with that.
But he thinks if the girl is doing good from her job(drugstore pharmacist),maybe she might not bother him much with unrealistic demands that need to be met.
So if he starts rooting large bills from an unrealistic woman now it might mar his dreams a lot.
So he wants to know what she earns possible so he can judge If she is self sufficient first or not.Shey you understand?

Ok.

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
Like how much my guy makes so she can know if it's good for her or not?
Doesn't seem right sha and people can always pretend,so he wants to get some of these info by the side.
The lady acts contented and all but my guy is scared so that they won't come and stress him in marriage and things like that.
Simple guy,not superficial and things like that,so he doesn't wanna be put under pressure.
That's what I think.

I understand you bro, trust me I really think your guy should ask her, because the one thing Nigerian girls don't lie about is money. If she feels that what your guy is making isn't enough I am sure she would say it out, because she herself doesn't want to be put under pressure either.

But if you really want the info on the DL then it depends on where she works as a pharmacist. Theres no one universal price for a pharmacist job. Some make a medium money and some make a lot.

Does she work in any reputable pharmaceutical company?

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

I understand you bro, trust me I really think your guy should ask her, because the one thing Nigerian girls don't lie about is money. If she feels that what your guy is making isn't enough I am sure she would say it out, because she herself doesn't want to be put under pressure either.
Under pressure like my guy demand from her?
If so then I don't think that'll happen.
He is good,trust me.
But his fear is maintaining that rich girl lifestyle with his money,You know na.
So that's why he is getting cold feet and want to be sure she makes enough first.
No be say later person go say I want brand new motor my friend go start look for where to carry 10m to buy woman motor.
But if its basic things of life and few luxury,he can do that very well.
Occasional outings,shopping,etc..no problem.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
He is good,trust me.
But his fear is maintaining that rich girl lifestyle with his money,You know na.
So that's why he is getting cold feet and want to be sure she makes enough first.
No be say later person go say I want brand new motor my friend go start look for where to carry 10m to buy woman motor.

Read my edited post
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

But if you really want the info on the DL then it depends on where she works as a pharmacist. Theres no one universal price for a pharmacist job. Some make a medium money and some make a lot.

Does she work in any reputable pharmaceutical company?
She works in a drugstore,you know all these fancy and polished ones.
My guy say If she can make say 400k a month,then he thinks she can foot her current lifestyle effortlessly though.
Those were just some of his thoughts he shared with me not so long ago.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Read my edited post
I've done so,thanks a lot.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
He is good,trust me.

Does she know how much your guy is earning? If not then he should make it clear to her before any marriage that he can only afford few luxuries like occasional outing and so on like you mentioned. It would then be up to her to either accept it or leave.

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Does she know how much your guy is earning? If not then he should make it clear to her before any marriage that he can only afford few luxuries like occasional outing and so on like you mentioned. It would then be up to her to either accept it or leave.
This is true.
I thought so too.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
My guy say If she can make say 400k a month,then he thinks she can foot her current lifestyle effortlessly though.

Bro, since you said she works in a fancy drugstore. her salary is likely to be between 100-170k.

Would that be enough for her?
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
This is true.
I thought so too.

This is the easiest solution rather than coming to Nairaland trying to covertly find out how much she earns. Just tell your guy to do this and see how it works out.
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by ImaIma1(f): 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
He should continue trying to investigate till someone that is serious comes and makes the move.

You want to date someone, but you want to know how much she is paid, growth potential, her 2 year/5year career goal. Why not just invite her for an interview?

14 Likes

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Bro, since you said she works in a fancy drugstore. her salary is likely to be between 100-170k.

Would that be enough for her?
Not bad if you ask me.
I think she can manage it since she seem well groomed.
She doesn't eat out and don't do all these expensive lunch all these girls do.
My guy asked me if say like 70-100k a month to give her will be okay for her womanly upkeep and taking care of the house,even though he might spoil her once in a while.I thought it might he okay in my opinion.
Do you think that can work?
Let's just assume for a regular young working class girl with good background.

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:
Not bad if you ask me.
I think she can manage it since she seem well groomed.
She doesn't eat out and don't do all these expensive lunch all these girls do.
My guy asked me if say like 70-100k a month to give her will be okay for her womanly upkeep and taking care of the house,even though he might spoil her once in a while.I thought it might he okay in my opinion.
Do you think that can work?
Let's just assume for a regular young working class girl with good background.

Since you said she doesn't buy expensive lunch and other things then I think the amount you mentioned would be ok.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by cococandy(f): 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hathor5:
it would seem

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by cococandy(f): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Good luck and happy married life in advance smiley
Iogobenz:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
cococandy:
Good luck and happy married life in advance smiley
lol no be me ooo.
Just a good friend from wayback. cheesy
E don tay sha,I know you are good. wink
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by cococandy(f): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iogobenz:

What’s she supposed to be doing with her earnings?

You people better don’t start off on the wrong foot. Or you start a pattern you can’t continue if something small should go wrong in the future.

You’re supposed to be looking resources. Helping each other out. Planning for your kids together.

If you want to foot her lifestyle based on her income that she makes now, is there consideration in there for the best options for the kids as they come along? What about other expenses that don’t revolve around her or the future kids?
Is she going to contribute as well? Or ‘your friend’ wants to carry NL sole provider rhetoric into his real life thinking it works that way?

Be willing to help and accept help.

1 Like

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Iogobenz(m): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
cococandy:

What’s she supposed to be doing with her earnings?

You people better don’t start off on the wrong foot. Or you start a pattern you can’t continue if something small should go wrong in the future.

You’re supposed to be looking resources. Helping each other out. Planning for your kids together.

If you want to foot her lifestyle based on her income that she makes now, is there consideration in there for the best options for the kids as they come along? What about other expenses that don’t revolve around her or the future kids?
Is she going to contribute as well? Or ‘your friend’ wants to carry NL sole provider rhetoric into his real life thinking it works that way?

Be willing to help and accept help.

Nne shey you know for here girls no dey gree say them get money na.
For kids I know women won't even wait for you before they do things for their kids,so definitely in that aspect I know it won't be a burden the moment she starts birthing for him.
He was just worried about unrealistic standards to be met especially in their early marriage times.
They can claim that they are good without your help but them moment you don't provide,some kind of attitude will start to come up.
He just wanted to know the basic standard for a woman like that so he can see if he can do it or not,assuming she is not someone that want to work together with the husband as regards to finance.
That's all.

2 Likes

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Kalatium(m): 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
My analysis loading...
Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by uboma(m): 3:00am On Aug 07, 2020
ImaIma1:
He should continue trying to investigate till someone that is serious comes and makes the move.

You want to date someone, but you want to know how much she is paid, growth potential, her 2 year/5year career goal. Why not just invite her for an interview?

Exactly my thoughts too.

Logobenz is just being insecure because the lady is educated, doing well career wise and also because she's from a wealthy family.

The more he keep contemplating these issues here on Nairaland or on any other forum instead of discussing these issues with her directly, the more likely that he's going to loose her.

5 Likes

Re: How Okay Is Financially Okay For The Nigeria Corporate Woman? by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 07, 2020

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A G / Fetal Gender Detection: Earliest Possible Time / My Newly Married Wife Is Carrying Another Man's Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.