Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:27 PM

Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job (14090 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
Natudu:

Na wa o! What is the place of love in this relationship? Isn't real love supposed to be supportive and ''blind''?

Now for proper naija sense. If na me, i go bone the girl continue dey find work. Wen i get beta work, me go look for beta girl join.

Dis kain chic wey no wan marry your friend sake of say im no hol. Na beta girl be dat? What if your guy coins emaciate tomorrow, dis kain girl no go remove leave am?

Abeg, leave mata for mathaias. How many people get better job for naija now sef. Abi una no dey hear of minimun wage eh? Una think say na for newspaper e dey exist?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 6:07am On Feb 14, 2011
;d
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Pweety4me(f): 6:14am On Feb 14, 2011
What's the necessity here? getting married or getting a good paying Job?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by SAGoddess: 8:25am On Feb 14, 2011
Unfortunately love is not nourishing so a good job is needed to take care of the family. . . , . . . .
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
Pweety4me:

What's the necessity here? getting married or getting a good paying Job?

The guy wants a good job desperately. The marriage thing is secondary. He was shocked when he found out that his condition is militating against his getting married.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by baba77: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
But age is not on his side. He told me he is 33 but I know he is up to 35. What happens if he turns 40 and the good job refuses to come.

dnt ever make d mistake of getting married because of "age is not on my side" without a stable means of income. marital relationship is very frustrating without money; no matter d amount of love involve. so my advice is to please, sit, think of what u believe u can do as in skills, set up a trade/business, package and believe it is well with prayers instead of staying wt d 17k job dat is not half enof 4 u not to talk of girlfriend/wife.

When it comes to money, woman na woman o my brother there4, settle yr financial life first b4 embarking on marital journey.

All d best
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
baba77:

dnt ever make d mistake of getting married because of "age is not on my side" without a stable means of income. marital relationship is very frustrating without money; no matter d amount of love involve. so my advice is to please, sit, think of what u believe u can do as in skills, set up a trade/business, package and believe it is well with prayers instead of staying wt d 17k job dat is not half enof 4 u not to talk of girlfriend/wife.

When it comes to money, woman na woman o my brother there4, settle yr financial life first b4 embarking on marital journey.

All d best

Ok, your advise is good. But what iIf someone who married after being financially stable, looses his job, invariably, becoming financially unstable, tell me what will happen.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by SOPRANO(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
[/b] lol, this just prove my point that most women marry men for "comfort and Financial Gains", like a friend always say, 90% of women has a price-tag.

@ OP

It's a sad predicament indeed. You indicated that your buddy read sociology, If he's in Lagos, I can make a few calls if he does not mind working for the state govt in Alausa, Ikeja. I'm not promising anything, but some high echelon of the govt owes me a few favor. Things might turn up. All the best.[b]
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by kokoye(m): 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2011
No wonder a lot of people in Nigeria go about stealing and doing 419.

The guy went to college and is struggling day and night to better himself.

Yet some Olorunsogo ladies come here and say he should work hard and be serious!!

. . .is he not trying?

And we want crime to reduce in that country . . .we are fooling ourselves.

If the guy becomes Andrew and checks out now, you will run your mouths again.

Here in the states, i have seen decent ladies begging guys with meagre salaries to marry them as long as they see the potential.

Why cant that happen in my Nigeria??
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Wislet(f): 7:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
SOPRANO:

[/b] lol, this just prove my point that most women marry men for "comfort and Financial Gains", like a friend always say, 90% of women has a price-tag.

@ OP

It's a sad predicament indeed. You indicated that your buddy read sociology, If he's in Lagos, I can make a few calls if he does not mind working for the state govt in Alausa, Ikeja. I'm not promising anything, but some high echelon of the govt owes me a few favor. Things might turn up. All the best.[b]

Dis is help. @OP, U better not pass up on dis offer. Check if dis guy is serious. Dis could be de answer to ur friend's prayer.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by aminalib(f): 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2011
If i loved him i would eventually marry him, i would however tell him that he should go back to school for a better skill, age is a number, it means nothing when u are trying to accomplish goals(IMO) as long as you never stop trying. I make my own money with or without him i will be ok, even with his income it could help also. So if he decides to go back to school and change his career i would. I never understand why people go to school to do sociology, phychology and all these liberal arts, when at the end of the day it pays u NOTHING,(US based point of view) unless u plan to get a masters or beyond and still that is not guaranteed. I have a cousin that went to school for ARTS and now has a student loan of 50,000 USD and he has a job that pays 10.00 an hour, what a waste.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by SOPRANO(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2011
[/b] @ aminalib,

spot on. It also baffles me, but that's the case here in the U.S, However; it actually makes no different in Nigeria, i know a couple of buddies that studied Political science in here in the U.S but went down to Nigeria and are both currently managing branches of commercial banks in Lagos. it's called connection, it's all about who you know, not what you know. [b]
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by aminalib(f): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2011
SOPRANO:

[/b] @ aminalib,

spot on. It also baffles me, but that's the case here in the U.S, However; it actually makes no different in Nigeria, i know a couple of buddies that studied Political science in here in the U.S but went down to Nigeria and are both currently managing branches of commercial banks in Lagos. it's called connection, it's all about who you know, not what you know. [b]

i totally agree with you on that
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by no1madman(m): 12:38am On Feb 15, 2011
kokoye:

No wonder a lot of people in Nigeria go about stealing and doing 419.

The guy went to college and is struggling day and night to better himself.

Yet some Olorunsogo ladies come here and say he should work hard and be serious!!

. . .is he not trying?

And we want crime to reduce in that country . . .we are fooling ourselves.

If the guy becomes Andrew and checks out now, you will run your mouths again.

Here in the states, i have seen decent ladies begging guys with meagre salaries to marry them as long as they see the potential.

Why cant that happen in my Nigeria??
potential ke!
They'll even marry a one-eyed man,when they r desperate.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 5:08am On Feb 15, 2011
SOPRANO:

lol, this just prove my point that most women marry men for "comfort and Financial Gains", like a friend always say, 90% of women has a price-tag.

@ OP

It's a sad predicament indeed. You indicated that your buddy read sociology, If he's in Lagos, I can make a few calls if he does not mind working for the state govt in Alausa, Ikeja. I'm not promising anything, but some high echelon of the govt owes me a few favor. Things might turn up. All the best.[b][/b]

He is in Abuja, but wouldn't mind moving to Lagos if something good crops up. Can you give me your contact. He will be glad. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 5:30am On Feb 15, 2011
aminalib:

If i loved him i would eventually marry him, i would however tell him that he should go back to school for a better skill, age is a number, it means nothing when u are trying to accomplish goals(IMO) as long as you never stop trying. I make my own money with or without him i will be ok, even with his income it could help also. So if he decides to go back to school and change his career i would. I never understand why people go to school to do sociology, phychology and all these liberal arts, when at the end of the day it pays u NOTHING,(US based point of view) unless u plan to get a masters or beyond and still that is not guaranteed. I have a cousin that went to school for ARTS and now has a student loan of 50,000 USD and he has a job that pays 10.00 an hour, what a waste.

Do you mean that four years he spent in University studying Sociology is a waste? To tell someone that is desperate to balance, to go back to school is really mean. I believe this :
i know a couple of buddies that studied Political science in here in the U.S but went down to Nigeria and are both currently managing branches of commercial banks in Lagos. it's called connection, it's all about who you know, not what you know.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by aminalib(f): 7:20am On Feb 15, 2011
MBG4Real:

Do you mean that four years he spent in University studying Sociology is a waste? To tell someone that is desperate to balance, to go back to school is really mean. I believe this :

well reality is reality, as i stated i can't speak on nigeria but i can speak of what i know in the states, there are people who go to school and yes waste their time and money on careers that gets them nowhere, my other cousin went to school for criminal justice, she wants to work in a law firm, who is going to hire her? the last place told her they could pay her 9.50 to clerical work, but again she needs to go to back to get a masters or more if she wants a career in criminal justice, so yea sometimes it is a waste of money and education if u do not think wisely as to whether or not this degree is profitable
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by shooze: 8:11am On Feb 15, 2011
I am in nigeria. I read sociology and I earn a 6digit monthly salary and have 30 people with "better" degrees reporting to me. I got my first job without any connection but I came out tops in exams and interviews. Its not what you study amina its what you know up there and your faith and beliefs and ability to push yourself.perhaps the guy came out with a 3rd class
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by no1madman(m): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2011
My big brother read sociology too. .he's extremely intelligent(and has never worked with his certificate)
He's into real estate and has some other business. . . .
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by JUO(m): 11:50am On Feb 15, 2011
hum God help us
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by shagaman: 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2011
I am in nigeria. I read sociology and I earn a 6digit monthly salary and have 30 people with "better" degrees reporting to me. I got my first job without any connection but I came out tops in exams and interviews. Its not what you study amina its what you know up there and your faith and beliefs and ability to push yourself.[s]perhaps the guy came out with a 3rd class [/s]

First let it be stated that first class or 2.1 doesnt guarantee a good job,i have a friend with 2.1 from statistics and masters from ife he never get job for the past 5 years,yet we have people with 3rd class getting jobs,the Guy in question needs check himself,i would neither blame the lady as a lady has Expiry date,
questions--how long have they been dating comes to mind,we dont need castigate naija babes nobody like hang for Surulere, cos Suru fit tey wella,
Honestly from personal experience maybe the guy needs to go back to school not in the real sense of school,add professional qualifications then seek GOD's favour.

Looking at age for marriage bros u don fail am oooo,17k in Abuja,wont he rent house after marriage,does he trek to work,does he eat at all,the guy must have dreams cos Honestly 17k per month, i reserve my comment.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by shooze: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2011
I did not mean to disparage a 3rd class degree just saying it sometimes becomes more difficult to get a job when you have a certain class of degree as employers usuAlly ask for 2.1 or 2.2. That said I totally agree with your comment. Its easy to cast stones at the girl but how many of us will allow our sister marry him. His priority now should not be marriage but getting financial empowerment.baby food is not cheap oh
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by ALICIA22(f): 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2011
Marry him huh am not sure
Since I cant risk my future with him and there lots of unknown ahead undecided undecided
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Maximip(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
Whatever the guys age is, marriage should be the last thing on his mind with his current situation.

I don't advise any woman to get married to him at this point. What makes marriages work is not

the love alone.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Omolola1(f): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
No, i won't! at least he has to have a job, no matter how small
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by shagaman: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
@Omotola1

The guy has a job only u cant realyy call it a job as the pay cant take him home.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by kaymoney2(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
D-sense:

OP.
Tel him to work harder and to try another girl . . . . .Tha girl is never his girl.
Atleast the dude still got a job,though little wages but still something . . .Why are some women like this?

Hmm   love only reign on paper undecided
Love is only blind by mouth shocked
Love endureth forever thru text message angry
Love conquers all only when the babe is still gaining some things cry
That lady should be fuccked well enough and thru her away
Then she can go and find her ready made china man
angry angry
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by delimit(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
since the lady refuse his proposal he should not worry about that but look for somebody else.
God may not destine them together that may be the reason why he did not get a good job so that he will be able to know the kind of love the lady have for him.
Let the lady go her way,God will provide your wife for you and good job.
concerning 17,000 job ,continue with the job and get enough experience after sometime,job will be seeking for you.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Decryptor(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2011
@OP what is the girl in question doing for a living? seems to me that she is one of these broke-ar$e girls who do nothing but watch African Magic and gossip all day long waiting for the man alone to bring food to the table. The girl does not love him. @least the guy dey try as he's earning 17k per month.

I for example studied sociology and Anthropology but as God would have it, while i was in the university, i forsaw that i may probably pass thru a similar predicament like your friend and i decided to step into I.T, a decision i don't regret today cos my degree is virtually useless to me now. At least if i broke small, just 1 web design proposal go fetch me nothing less than 20k in a week. wink
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by seedord247(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2011
Like the Igbo's always say Egonekwu means (Money is talking) who won suffer, ladies of nowadays know won suffer oooo most them don't believe in surulere (patient) all they want is Olorunsogo (good things) you better advice yur friend not to think of relationship for now not to talk of marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by johnjoel(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
pls ask him to drop that poo she is an ingrate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest P0rn Stars And Their Net Worth That Will Shock You / How Much Will It Cost To Conduct A DNA Test? I Can't Believe What I Saw / Pick Your Favorite Doggy Style Here???? Sexy Nigerian Model Ask (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.