Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job (14090 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2011
once again. . .it depends.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by no1madman(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
chaircover:

Of course there are no guarantees in love and if you marry a poor man there is a chance that he will mess up when he is rich.

But there is a greater risk of the guy messing up if he knows that you only married him for his wealth.

A lot of people talking here havent really tasted life so I do understand some of the comments here.

A woman or man for that matter who throws away his/her soul mate because of money has made a big mistake.

Money does not buy happiness; you can be comfortable physically but very uncomfortable emotionally

I am suprised that people are so rigid especially in a country where millions can be made and lost in a twinkling of an eye.

God forbid, but a difficult Illness or 419 scam can wipe away a mans entire fortune in no time & in the same country the right phone call from a highly placed individual can net a six figure salary job.

No condition is permanent o!
Don't waste ur energy!DEM no sabi! na lack of wisdom. . .
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 16, 2011
Hi madman!

(lol)

could you marry a jobless girl?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by no1madman(m): 12:17am On Feb 16, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Hi madman!

(lol)

of course i could,she can't be jobless 4ver. . .
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by uzoegbu(m): 12:27am On Feb 16, 2011
At poster tell your friend to leave the girl and find a legit girl, Any girl who can not stay when there is no money is a dead girl, Or do you want him to robber becaues of a girl? true love is not all about money, money will come if he works hard,
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by dremoney(m): 12:52am On Feb 16, 2011
pls stop been hypocrites, money works with luv all over the world. Not a Nigerian problem at all.

Who be dat dude wey dey talk about youths n revolution? U waka mis-road?

@topic
Im still convinced the guy messed everytin up. It was a wrong time to propose and infact he should not av been in a seriously committed relationship. Sorting his life out should have been his priority.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by ifebosco: 1:19am On Feb 16, 2011
chaircover:

Of course there are no guarantees in love and if you marry a poor man there is a chance that he will mess up when he is rich.

But there is a greater risk of the guy messing up if he knows that you only married him for his wealth.

A lot of people talking here havent really tasted life so I do understand some of the comments here.

A woman or man for that matter who throws away his/her soul mate because of money has made a big mistake.

Money does not buy happiness; you can be comfortable physically but very uncomfortable emotionally

I am suprised that people are so rigid especially in a country where millions can be made and lost in a twinkling of an eye.

God forbid, but a difficult Illness or 419 scam can wipe away a mans entire fortune in no time & in the same country the right phone call from a highly placed individual can net a six figure salary job.

No condition is permanent o!
[/quot]

THANK YOU I DID ´T KNOW WE STILL HAVE WOMAN LIKE YOU IN NIGERIA

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by akuigwe(f): 1:29am On Feb 16, 2011
normally i think a girl will want to marry a guy without a very good job; but with the present economic situation of environment it is mandatory for the guy to secure a job that can at least provide the basic needs of the family. except where love and favor prevails the girl may have a better job and be ready to foot the bills but this usually hve its worries. well for the starters how will the guy pay for the bride price. on the other hand the friends if they want to help can contribute and assist him. he shouldnt give up there must be a girl out there wwho will marry him despite his financial predicament. has he even asked God if the other girl is his wife? is he in a close r/ship with God? cool
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 2:50am On Feb 16, 2011
kokoye:

Yea yea yea . . that's what Anna Nicole Smith said to the 80-yr old sick billionaire she married. psssssssss

liar liar[b] fattt[/b] pants on fire. grin

You think you slick. You trying to get me to post a picture proving I am otherwise the bold print. Ask Jaybee. He will tell you I am not what you think I am. But its okay and Anna Nicole Smith like men with money.

I am after character not money.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by swintec: 5:42am On Feb 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Koyoke,

If you wasn't married, I would have married you even if you was making five dollars a month. wink

Mrs.Chima:

You think you slick. You trying to get me to post a picture proving I am otherwise the bold print. Ask Jaybee. He will tell you I am not what you think I am. But its okay and Anna Nicole Smith like men with money.

I am after character not money.

Why is Mrs Chima looking for whom to marry in this thread that was put up to discuss serious problem men face
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MBG4Real(m): 5:50am On Feb 16, 2011
swintec:

Why is Mrs Chima looking for whom to marry in this thread that was put up to discuss serious problem men face

I was about to say the same. I think she is married, or is she is just using Mr. Chima to cover up.

Good luck
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 7:09am On Feb 16, 2011
MBG4Real:

I was about to say the same. I think she is married, or is she is just using Mr. Chima to cover up.

Good luck
swintec:

I thought about it long and hard whether to answer this foolishness.  The more I have thought about it and said bleep it   

Let me get ONE GOTDAMN THING STRAIGHT, I have not ONE TIME seriously stated that I am looking for A MAN on THIS GOTDAMN SITE.  I have nothing to do with people who ARE LOOKING FOR ONLINE HUSBANDS but I am not interested. 

Secondly, Koyoke is like a big brother to me and WE BOTH STATED multiple times THAT WE JUST talk poo AND DO NOT TAKE US SERIOUS.  Koyoke knew I was being sarcastic which why he did an analogy of Anna Niccole Smith.  We are happily married to OUR OWN SPOUSES. 

Thirdly, this is not A SERIOUS thread.  This is a thread about a man asking if a woman will date a man who doesn't have a good job.  There is no life and death situation here nor a man will die if he didn't get a woman to love him for his BROKENESS. 

Now, I suggest you FOCUS on the thread at hand and NOT WORRY about what I AM DOING and who I am talking to.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 16, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

That's even a no-brainer. Most Nigerian (or in fact African) men don't ask whether the girl has a job or not before deciding to marry her, it's seldom a priority consideration. More often than not it's her character or beauty (as perceived by the man, and depending on what he prioritizes), that determines her wife-material-ness. Isn't that why there's such a thing as housewife? But for most women (especially black women), financial security in the man is quid pro quo. That goes to show that this gender-equality thing is unpragmatic. Women are all too comfortable to marry a man with financial security, while men are not allowed to seek financial security in women. Why this 'injustice'? And yet they would say they want equality. If women truly want equality, then seeking financial security in a man should be out of it; they should rather seek such security in themselves, and at worst demand that the man does same for himself.

In the present case, it ordinarily shouldn't be such a bad thing for the girl to marry the guy in question so long as he can live within his N17k/month earnings and take care of HIS own needs with that small salary, while she gets a job for herself and take care of HER OWN needs by HERSELF. And they can decide to postpone child-bearing until things improve, or have just one child for the time-being. We see these kinds of arrangements ever so often among white couples who live a contented and collaborative life no matter how meagre their earnings are. But no, black women are too used to being leeches who hide their parasitism under finely coated words such as 'I want financial security'. And yet they too would say they want gender-equality like the white women, forgeting that the white women earned their right to demand equality by not being man-money sucking parasites. What a species.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by mymoto(m): 7:55am On Feb 16, 2011
My Woman said yes n got married to me when i am paid 15k monthly.like play like play she gave birth to twins and i needed to be financially buoyant, i would go out with my jetta car for kabukabu.though it wasnt easy ooo i must confess but her love and encouragement motivated me to strive harder.withn 1 yr i got promoted in my company and elevated(open door).
my new salary is a thousand times what i was paid before. my thithe double the former salary.till now i change cars, i Bought lands.lived in a good flats.
if she loves you for real and you are a graduate n not lazy- your story will change irespective of the course you read.
trust in GOD and no man
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by bolargeez(m): 7:56am On Feb 16, 2011
Pls my friend don't rush to marriage without finance. Word, without money there will not be happiness in the union. It is better to be single and be broke than to be married and broke, that will break the marriage. And besides, marriage is not age specific.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Atreides(f): 8:13am On Feb 16, 2011
But the girl is not serious sha. Why did she start dating a broke-a**ss man when she knew she had no intention of marrying him? Has she not wasted their time? Everyone you date should be a potential mate. If she knew financial security was a big must,then she shouldn't have started dating a broke man in the first place when she knew she wouldn't marry him.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Echez25(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2011
THAT BOY WOULD BE AN ASS IF HE'S KILLING HIMSELF FOR SOME BABE OR SOME HOPE CALLED WIFE. WHY DO THE CHIC I QUES, TRY GETTING HER ASS SOME JOB TO. MAKING MONEY IS NT ALL FOR THE MALE GENDER 2, ITS A VICE-VERSA THING. EMBRACE GOD MY BROTHER,BELIVE U HAVE GOT THAT JOB OF UR'S IN JESUS NAME, AND VUALA' it would COME REAL.   JUST TRUST GOD, ITS ALL GOING TO BE GOOD. grin
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by assme: 9:02am On Feb 16, 2011
I believe a lady should be more interested in man with prospects and potentials rather than looking for someone with a job. what if tomorrow that job goes away? cos its not permanent; considering the economic situation of Nigeria. Having a job is not everything, that man might just have a multimillion idea waiting to explode. In Nigeria we the youths always think like employees and not as Entrepreneur s.

@OP
That your friend should be careful because the girls attitude has shown that she is materialistic and that kind of person might not be supportive in future; if the man faces a temporary defeat and on the job stuff, it's a thing of God and mind and also what you have to offer. maybe he limits himself to that kind of job.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by paulo1234: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2011
I marry my wife while earning so little. Now earning big. of course a potential. life is not one way traffic gam.
Marry a potential.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Echez25(m): 9:12am On Feb 16, 2011
good talk bro.! tell them.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by harakiri(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2011
Why would any sane guy be thinking of marriage when you can barely feed yourself? Even if he's immature to think about his future, he should pity his unborn children who didn't beg to brought into this world to suffer. Some people don't plan ahead at all.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by clem2love(m): 11:01am On Feb 16, 2011
PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIEND TO CUT HIS COAT ACCORDING TO HIS SIZE,

IF THE GIRLD FRIEND REFUSE TO MARRY HIM LET HIM MARRY HIM BY FORCE
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nkemika(f): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2011
Let the young man sow a seed and pray fervently, and its all depends on the young lady, if she believe in him, and prays also for him am sure his life will turn around for Good, perhaps he hasn't been praying the right way, and the pay of 17k is definitely too little to think of marriage and family at least something reasonable a bit,
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by amaikama(m): 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
Genesis 2 vs 18

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

I went through this scripture, i did not see where God said, a man should work and the woman should just come and eat,sleep and shit?? woman are meant to be man's help meet just as the scripture said, if a woman she is waiting for ready made man, she should be ready to wait till eternity and the book of the prophecy of Isaiah chapter 1 vs 4 will come into effect:

"And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name; take thou away our reproach."

this is where they will be heading at the end of the day if they don't start to think with their brain instead of their ass,
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by oluite(f): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Chaircover i always love reading your post,so much depth which seems to be lacking these days.
@OP
Character is way important.I know a young lady that earns about 20k but her take home is about 70k because she is very hardworking and enterprising,she does all sort of little things to complement her salary.For me my emphasis has always been on character and i cant get why people cant get that.What happens if he is financially stable and gets married and he loses his job and struggles for some years and manages to get a job of 17k in the course of the marriage?Will she leave?I guess she didnt think about that?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Gthzz(m): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2011
why can't she face reality. She can help him if she have a way , but if she can't go throug de storme wit him den she's not his type 4get her. She don't love u bt wat u have.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by seyigiggle: 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
this has been one thread with fantastic contributions.
well, to me i can only conclude that nothing such like love really existed in that relationship.
the guy is serious though the effort does not measure up but should that be a yard stick? i have witness where a girl married a guy (graduate) who has not even gotten a good job for once in his life time even after four years they have been married, the guy is still searching for job with two kids. true love always come with sacrifice.
my advice to the guy is that he needs to take a break and sort things out for himself, it could be a spiritual attack or peradventure he did not finish well from school; i mean poor grade result.
i have always asked myself why is it that many of the rich people we have in our society are not really educated?
in short the guy should rediscover himself, time is ticking
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by confetti(f): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
Money is not everything in Marraiage and by now, I thought we would have known better. What is important is love, God's fear and planning.

As far as am concerned, so long as the two are healthy and with all body parts okey, they are good to go. It is not compulsory to have a big wedding when u don't have the resources. Better not a big wedding than borrowing money for one. So they can cut that off if there is truly love between them. Both of them can always engage on other little things to make money while waiting for the big Job to come.

I have seen many who had so much money before wedding and after that, things turned so bad that food for the family is a big problem. Money can come at any time and it can go at any time. All the girl needed to do was to trust God for the guy if actually she loves the girl and get going with it. So long as the guy is hard working, something must surely come their way. That is one truth I will ever cling to until I die.

The lady on her part should plan to contribute to their lives too. I always tell people that it is not only the men that went to school. Ladies too did and still do. The essence is for mutual benefit.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by NeroPapas(m): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
I see everybody almost blaming the lady for rejecting his proposal. But the deal is why should a guy's mouth be loosed to a point of telling his girl how much he earns I think it is ridiculous. that is how he will become a slave after marrying her because all the vital information has been given to her b4 time.

I appreciate your sincerity in the relationship but brother, you blew it. Life is a choice, so we have to choose wisely. The girl made her choice so let her be. Don't rush into marriage just because you are too old @ 33. Package yourself and keep praying and working harder, God shall do it.

I've come to understand that a man must be the head of a home and to do that, you must meet every little need of the house. Make sure you marry someone that will be your helpmeet [/b]not your wealth [b]squander!!!
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
I guess because the men sorry arse want a woman to feel sorry for him enough to marry him.

IF a man won't marry a barren woman, why would a woman marry a broke man? Let be real people.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by shooze: 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
Lol. Oya oh how many of you will marry a woman you know is barren. Afterall love accepts all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest P0rn Stars And Their Net Worth That Will Shock You / How Much Will It Cost To Conduct A DNA Test? I Can't Believe What I Saw / Pick Your Favorite Doggy Style Here???? Sexy Nigerian Model Ask (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.