Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,020 members, 7,931,506 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:19 AM

Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... (2142 Views)

Tinubu Approves Sale Of More Oil And Gas Fields / Shell To Sell More Oil Assets In Nigeria / Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Napoleondegreat: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2020
NEWSBUSINESSPOLITICS
Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before The National Boundary Commission: As Imo State Government Intensifies Efforts To Recover Disputed Oil Wells From Rivers State
By Anita Ogona - August 7, 2020 33 0

As River State government failed to appear before the National Boundary Commission in Abuja, scheduled for Thursday, August 6,2020 following intensified efforts by Imo State government led by Governor Hope Uzodimma towards recovering oil wells lost to the neighbouring state.Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor
On its part, the Imo State Government on Thursday appeared before the Commission and submitted sensitive documents to the Commission, including the Survey Plan of the state.

The documents were submitted to the National Boundary Commission in the presence of the
Surveyor-General of the Federation, Surveyor Samuel Adeniran, and the Director-General of the National Boundary Commission, Surveyor Adaji Adamu.

Imo State and her neighboring Rivers State are in a protracted battle over oil wells belonging to the state but for which Rivers State receives monthly allocation and other benefits.
Sources disclosed that the Rivers State Government had frustrated previous efforts to resolve the issue, but with the intensified efforts of the Uzodimma led government towards recovering the oil wells, Rivers State is said to be in fear that Imo State is most likely going to get the oil wells back.

The Deputy Governor of Imo State, Prof Placid Njoku, who is also the Chairman of the Imo State Boundary Commission, led a delegation to submit sensitive documents to the National Boundary Commission in Abuja on Thursday on behalf of the state government.

The delegation included the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Barr C.O.C Akolisa, the Special Adviser and Coordinator Oil and Gas, Rt. Hon. Goodluck Nanah Opiah, Oil and Gas expert, Dr. Chioma Njoku, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Lands, Survey and Physical Planning, Surveyor Uzoma John, and the Surveyor General of the State, Surveyor C.A.P. Anele.

The Deputy Governor urged the National Boundary Commission to rise to the occasion and give justice to the people of Imo State who have suffered untold hardship over the years as a result of the brazen denial of their God-given wealth which should have been used for their development but had been in the hands of the wrong state instead.

Lending his voice, the SA and Coordinator Oil and Gas, Rt. Hon. Goodluck Nanah Opiah, urged the National Boundary Commission to ensure that Rivers State attends the next meeting, stressing that the timetable earlier prepared for the submission of documents by the two states should be reviewed.

In an interview with our correspondent at the end of the meeting, Opiah said that Governor Hope Uzodimma was determined to recover all the lost oil wells lost to neighbouring states. He said it amounted to grave injustice that oil wells belonging to the state were in the hands of another state while the true owners of the wealth wallow in penury.

According to him, the loss of the oil wells to neighbouring states was part of the reasons for the low production of oil by the state, expressing optimism that the state was on the right track towards recovering the lost oil wells.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by stevnwigw1: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2020
Let the right thing be done, I always know that Hope Uzodinma will bring hope to Imo state
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Napoleondegreat: 9:09am On Aug 08, 2020
I think this is the first sensible thing that Uzodinma will do as a governor

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by dangermouse(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2020
Let the state it belongs to have it. There should be clear inter state boundary lines to forestall all these boundary disputes.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Napoleondegreat: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2020
Abeg historians who knows the details of this Imo and Rivers boundary issues
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Good news! The last oil wells Imo got back from Rivers was under Ohakim. The IMSG should intensify their efforts especially on that Egbema axis. Enough of this day light thievery.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Hope Uzodimma should take back our oil wells.....he should do our roads and pay pensioners their salaries!!
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by ceejee(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
Supreme govn pay pensioners their salaries!!

if ur really a prince of the East, you wouldn't have written this nonsense in a sensitive matter like this except ur of the kingdom of Darkness

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by PrinceOfEast(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2020
ceejee:

if ur really a prince of the East, you wouldn't have written this nonsense in a sensitive matter like this except ur of the kingdom of Darkness
Being patriotic doesn't mean that i should turn deaf & blind to the atrocities commited by d govt.
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Whiteangel1234: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2020
Good take back our oil wells being claim like Ikwerre land cool
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by proeast(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2020
Good one. They don't even know what to do with all the oil money. Mr. Wicked will be wasting it on PDP or using it to buy SUV's for judges. Those oil wells should be handed over to Imo state already cool

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by proeast(m): 10:50am On Aug 08, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
Being patriotic doesn't mean that i should turn deaf & blind to the atrocities commited by d govt.

Calling Hope names on this issue at hand or asking him to go and pay pensioners on such critical thread is a distraction and misplaced priority.

Be guided and know when to criticize or when to support.

Hope Uzodinma needs all the support he can get on this issue. Just imagine Rivers State stealing our oil proceeds since and still be insulting us. That's rubbish! Those oil wells should be handed over to Imo State already.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by proeast(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2020
Imo State will soon become a major oil producing state with a bigger economy.
A refinery is almost completed.
A gas plant is being built.
A petrochemical plant is also in the pipeline.

Now more of our stolen oil wells about to be returned cool

Imo State is on the rise!!

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by PrinceOfEast(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2020
proeast:

Calling Hope names on this issue at hand or asking him to go and pay pensioners on such critical thread is a distraction and misplaced priority.

Be guided and know when to criticize or when to support.

Hope Uzodinma needs all the support he can get on this issue. Just imagine Rivers State stealing our oil proceeds since and still be insulting us. That's rubbish! Those oil wells should be handed over to Imo State already.

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Bkayyy: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2020
Beautiful, let's go Mr governor we have your back.
NO one can beat an Igbo man in land dispute, we have centuries of experience
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by ceejee(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

there is nothing patriotic about that comment, in as much as he needs to pay pensioners, u don't need to make look as if the move to recover the lost oil Wells was a bad one. recovering then will not stop him from doing other statutory things he was elected to do
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Napoleondegreat: 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
Actually the supreme Court governor is on the right track on this one
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by helinues: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
This case will tey more than anything
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lol

Sources disclosed that the Rivers State Government had frustrated previous efforts to resolve the issue, but with the intensified efforts of the Uzodimma led government towards recovering the oil wells, Rivers State is said to be in fear that Imo State is most likely going to get the oil wells back.

the fact is that the oil well and land is in Imo state which rivers state knows well...
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by ekesol: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2020
Like i have said in previous post, Rivers state is imaginary. the Nigeria Government in a bid to subjugate ndigbo immediately after the Biafra-Nigeria Civil war ceded many parts of igbo land to neigbouring South South with the prime motive of saying igbos dont have oil.

Many parts of Rivers state is imo state,i can authoritatively state that 60% of Rivers state are igbos. From ,Egbema,Ugbele, Ndoni, Omoku, Ahoada,Asa, Ndoki Ikwerre,Obogbo, Etche, even their very Bonny and Opobo.
40% of Okrika speak Igbo . Opobo constitute 98% igbo language and people .

The Mbgede, and Akiri in Egbema they are talking bout are Ohaji Egbeme People of Imo state.
I stand to be challenged by any body who has any contrary opinion to What i have posited here.

In all of these , We are all Biafrans
Udo!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2020
ekesol:
Like i have said in previous post, Rivers state is imaginary. the Nigeria Government in a bid to subjugate ndigbo immediately after the Biafra-Nigeria Civil war ceded many parts of igbo land to neigbouring South South with the prime motive of saying igbos dont have oil.

Many parts of Rivers state is imo state,i can authoritatively state that 60% of Rivers state are igbos. From ,Egbema,Ugbele, Ndoni, Omoku, Ahoada,Asa, Ndoki Ikwerre,Obogbo, Etche, even their very Bonny and Opobo.

The Mbgede, and Akiri in Egbema they are talking bout are Ohaji Egbeme People of Imo state.
I stand to be challenged by any body who has any contrary opinion to What i have posited here.

Udo!

No No nwanne.

Let them say it to the country, with their own mouth.

If we push this awareness it will seem like we are "attachee by force"

1 Like

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Ojiofor: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2020
ekesol:

Udo!

Please don't derail this topic.It is about Imo state oil wells.Don't get too excited before you get insulted.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Dedetwo(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2020
Anybody who was involved in the boundary adjustment in the shithole called Nigeria should be shot on sight. It is a shame that Nigerians stood and allowed such individuals to create everlasting enmity among Nigerians. Why would Rivers State stretched all the way to Meet Anambra State while ignoring Imo State? The criminal laden boundary commission should be disbanded or forced to return the territories which were ceded to Rivers State to Imo State. Most goons in the shithole called Nigeria keep yarning for unity when the factors for unity are skewed to achieve the opposite.
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by Dedetwo(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2020
ekesol:

Udo!

The northern and western political and military elites used the draconian boundary adjustment program to punish Ndigbo by ceding all crude oil producing areas to Rivers State. You should be mindful though that at the juncture of the boundary adjustment exercise, every ingrate in Rivers State was a saboteur. It is funny these goons still hope for unity in Nigeria.
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by meccuno: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2020
but this is what we have been saying for years. but many people from the North and especially the SW would be taking bout how Igbos want to grab land in the SS and that there are no Igbos there. after Imo state might have collected their land Abia state should collect thiers too. enoughof these cheating
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by DEROX: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
proeast:
Imo State will soon become a major oil producing state with a bigger economy.
A refinery is almost completed.
A gas plant is being built.
A petrochemical plant is also in the pipeline.

Now more of our stolen oil wells about to be returned cool

Imo State is on the rise!!
but SE and SS are one na
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by DEROX: 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Which oil well? Rivers owns it all wike we have your back plus Amaechi no one will grab oil wells from rivers
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by ThatFairGuy: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Now I'm seeing different reactions from Easterners. What an UTMOST hypocrisy! Where's that said love?
Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by ThatFairGuy: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
DEROX:
but SE and SS are one na
They can't be one here. Reason for their forceful marriage is because of oil and to boss the South Southerners.
They're Hypocrites
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by SmartPolician: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
Bkayyy:
Beautiful, let's go Mr governor we have your back.
NO one can beat an Igbo man in land dispute, we have centuries of experience

I bia kwa

Who asked you?
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by SmartPolician: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Now I'm seeing different reactions from Easterners. What an UTMOST hypocrisy! Where's that said love?
Hypocrites

Keep quiet!

Igbo-speaking Rivers people never believe that they are Igbos.

Even when Amaechi says he is, they call it a political statement.

I just wonder why Igbos on Nairaland keep making them feel important.
Re: Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... by DEROX: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

They can't be one here. Reason for their forceful marriage is because of oil and to boss the South Southerners.
They're Hypocrites
Am happy rivers have amaechi and wike they won't allow such evil land grabbers to snatch their oil.That's one of the reasons I fault Jonathan he could have ceded it to Rivers who rightfully owns it and are part of SS

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Truly Loved By Edo People / Popular Edo Auchi Based Pastor Has Predicted The Winner Of Edo State Election / Nigeria Will Either Withness A Violent Revolution Or Breakup Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.