Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,229 members, 7,943,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

On That Protest Against Nasir El Rufai - Ahamad Tijani Balori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On That Protest Against Nasir El Rufai - Ahamad Tijani Balori (281 Views)

Ministerial Screening: Inside SSS’ Allegations Against Nasir El-rufai / Ahamad Lawan As APC Presidential Flag Bearer. Likely Possible / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On That Protest Against Nasir El Rufai - Ahamad Tijani Balori by oshozondii: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2020
AS WRITTEN BY AHAMAD TIJANI BALORI - A MUSLIM.

ON THAT PROTEST AGAINST NASIR EL RUFAI @elrufai

So during the week some lawyers protested the inclusion of Governor Nasir el Rufai as one of the keynote speakers at the upcoming conference of the Nigeria Bar Association.

They premised their protest on:
1. His constant disobedience of court orders.

2. His persecution (not prosecution please) including imprisonment and possible disappearance of critics, notably Dadiyata, Dr John Danfulani, Steven Kefason, Segun Onibiyo, Gloria Ballason etc.

3. His attitude to and inaction on the massacres going on in Southern Kaduna.

4. His utterances even from before he became governor to date which are rather unpatriotic and unstatemanly to say the least. Etc

The protesters further suggested the replacement of el rufai by Professor Babagana Zulum the Executive Governor of Borno State.
I supported them and actively contributed in my own little way.

No where in the petition is religion or ethnicity mentioned or even implied.

Interestly, both el rufai and Zulum are governors of states in the north. They are both Muslims and are both non lawyers who have post graduate qualifications.

The biggest deal is that both their states have serious security challenges and their citizens are suffering but this is where the joker comes in.

Governor Zulum is doing everything within his capacity to deal with the crises and help his people. He is usually in the thick of battle and has come in the line of gun fire at least twice.

You will always find him in the worst hit crises prone areas and while he has not succeeded in ending the problem, he daily dishes out hope and succor to his people.

My people, our people. NO ONE in Borno state feels left out or abandoned and even if you don't like Zulum or are not on his political side you cannot help respecting the man and admiring his style.

You feel the deep desire to want him to succeed and earnestly pray for his success. That is how leadership is and how a leader should be.
I am from Borno State and very proud of Gov Zulum and daily pray for his success.

As for @elrufai his records abound and the very fact that a section of the people he is supposed to be leading feel he is against them is a harsh verdict on him and his style of governance.

Even while the protests against his participation in the NBA conference were going on, Gov el rufai had the police in his state evict a man and his family from a house in contravention of a valid court order on Tuesday.

Respect for the fundamental rights of citizens
And service.

It was not about religion and ethnicity and we should not reduce it to that.

The protest against el rufai was about:
Leadership
Governance
Statesmanship
Constitutionality and the rule of law

If you are comfortable with the killings and insecurity in the North, I am not. If you don't want to shout or hold your leaders to account, please don't cover my mouth.

Bring Governor Zulum and see if he'll be rejected.

There are levels to these things.

@elrufai is a bad product.
https://twitter.com/savndaniel/status/1297076511577714688?s=19
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: On That Protest Against Nasir El Rufai - Ahamad Tijani Balori by ogbuefi677(m): 11:47am On Aug 22, 2020
This is what NBA is saying but some useful idiots down south want to be more catholic than the pope.
This same week,hell ruffian called southern Kaduna leaders criminals who just wanted to be settled.Why should a sane leader who genuinely wants peace say such to people who are mourning kith and kin,killed in a avoidable conflict ?
His utterances about body bags,death for anybody who kills fulani are all there for ppl to see,yet some ppl claim they don't know what the withdrawal of the invitation is about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On That Protest Against Nasir El Rufai - Ahamad Tijani Balori by Samunique(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2020
oshozondii:
AS WRITTEN BY AHAMAD TIJANI BALORI - A MUSLIM.

ON THAT PROTEST AGAINST NASIR EL RUFAI @elrufai

So during the week some lawyers protested the inclusion of Governor Nasir el Rufai as one of the keynote speakers at the upcoming conference of the Nigeria Bar Association.

They premised their protest on:
1. His constant disobedience of court orders.

2. His persecution (not prosecution please) including imprisonment and possible disappearance of critics, notably Dadiyata, Dr John Danfulani, Steven Kefason, Segun Onibiyo, Gloria Ballason etc.

3. His attitude to and inaction on the massacres going on in Southern Kaduna.

4. His utterances even from before he became governor to date which are rather unpatriotic and unstatemanly to say the least. Etc

The protesters further suggested the replacement of el rufai by Professor Babagana Zulum the Executive Governor of Borno State.
I supported them and actively contributed in my own little way.

No where in the petition is religion or ethnicity mentioned or even implied.

Interestly, both el rufai and Zulum are governors of states in the north. They are both Muslims and are both non lawyers who have post graduate qualifications.

The biggest deal is that both their states have serious security challenges and their citizens are suffering but this is where the joker comes in.

Governor Zulum is doing everything within his capacity to deal with the crises and help his people. He is usually in the thick of battle and has come in the line of gun fire at least twice.

You will always find him in the worst hit crises prone areas and while he has not succeeded in ending the problem, he daily dishes out hope and succor to his people.

My people, our people. NO ONE in Borno state feels left out or abandoned and even if you don't like Zulum or are not on his political side you cannot help respecting the man and admiring his style.

You feel the deep desire to want him to succeed and earnestly pray for his success. That is how leadership is and how a leader should be.
I am from Borno State and very proud of Gov Zulum and daily pray for his success.

As for @elrufai his records abound and the very fact that a section of the people he is supposed to be leading feel he is against them is a harsh verdict on him and his style of governance.

Even while the protests against his participation in the NBA conference were going on, Gov el rufai had the police in his state evict a man and his family from a house in contravention of a valid court order on Tuesday.

Respect for the fundamental rights of citizens
And service.

It was not about religion and ethnicity and we should not reduce it to that.

The protest against el rufai was about:
Leadership
Governance
Statesmanship
Constitutionality and the rule of law

If you are comfortable with the killings and insecurity in the North, I am not. If you don't want to shout or hold your leaders to account, please don't cover my mouth.

Bring Governor Zulum and see if he'll be rejected.

There are levels to these things.

@elrufai is a bad product.
https://twitter.com/savndaniel/status/1297076511577714688?s=19

I think @the bold should be able to change the thought of those who are already associating ethno- religious sentiment to this matter .

Meanwhile, this is just the beginning for Hell Rufai, he will reap the evil he has sown fully with jara .

There shall be no peace for the wicked !!!
Re: On That Protest Against Nasir El Rufai - Ahamad Tijani Balori by nijabazaar: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
This protest started on twitter and spread out. Dont underestimate the power of the collective, el rufai can go and shove his phallus inside a wall crack for all I care

(1) (Reply)

Oyo farmers complain about Fulani attacks / How Fani-kayode Ended A Press Conference Abruptly After Insulting A Journalist / NIHSA Predicts Heavy Flooding In FCT, Bayelsa, Rivers, Others From Sept 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.