Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,067 members, 7,916,117 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1421745 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nedu2144(m): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
Mmamaroon:
Nedu, please take my comments with a pinch of salt. This is just personal opinion and I may be wrong.

1. the first question that came to mind when I read your JD is: "is this guy a travel agent?" - note that the travel agent NOC is 6521 which is skill level C and not eligible for EE.

2. For 1211 you have identified 3 out of the 8 NOC duties; 38%.......maybe not such a good match

3. For 1241 you have identified 6 out of the 13 NOC duties - or 10 NOC duties if we disregard the ones starting with "may" - may I suggest you review the NOC again and ask your employer to include any duties that you actually perform, which have not been included in your JD. For example, I imagine you welcome visitors, take minutes of meeetings, respond to emails, file things etc. I have marked these in red below.

All the best!

Ah!! Sir I'm not a travel agent neither Counselor (as per the noc code shared). embarassed

I actually lifted this JD from my CV, and also there are some duties in 1241 which I perform as you rightly noted that wasn't listed there.

Please I need insight on this issue of copying of Noc. I really don't want to tailor all my JD to the noc and it will now be plagiarism.

Also, can some JDs exist in someone's role without it being in duties expected of a particular Noc code?

Thank you

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=Nedu2144 post=96221600][/quote]

The VO will not know that a person's duties includes taking phone calls, responding to emails and welcoming visitors if it is not listed in their JD.

To clarify, the advise given was to look at the NOC items marked in red and confirm if you perform those tasks..if you do, your employer can be asked to include them in your JD......in their own words.....not cut and paste! If you don't perform the duties, then obviously you can't include them in your JD.

Regarding having duties in the JD that are not in the NOC, I suspect this isn't an issue if they are few e.g. 1 or 2 but if they are many, is it possible the VO may wonder if another NOC is better suited than the one the applicant chose? Perhaps.

Please, these are just my views, I am not a VO, just a fellow applicant.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Liispa:

It is well, delay in never denial! PM?
So sorry. Just saw your response. Wrt PM, you're always welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cc150615(f): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hi please, which province gave you PNP
Dealkid:

ITA
After I maxed Ielts, the scores went up and never came down. Back then it was in the 438-442's. Kai!! It wasn't funny coupled with birthday fast approaching.
Oh well, I got PNP nomination and my score skyrocketed to the thousands. Finally I was able to get ITA in Sept, 2019.

AOR
I had become a Nairaland Professor because I joined in part 3. I read every single page, starting with page 1. Guys page 1 of all the parts is the key. I made a lot of notes. I knew what to do to gather the necessary documents even before AOR to ensure I submitted everything correctly. I even emailed some seniors then. Newmum was very helpful. She was the NOC mama then and she helped look through mine. Oh well, I finally submitted in Oct,2019.

POST AOR
I refused to let them rest o. A month after I raised first cse and was told my file had been moved to AVO. I panicked but what could I do. I had been told to just relax since AVO was a nightmare and still is. I didn't relax o. I sent a CSE every month just so my file could be in their faces all the time.
I wrote to MP's to help check on my file. Some were helpful and some said I had to be resident before they could help. Funny people. As God would have it, I stumbled on an MP that was great and kept following up.
I also requested gcsm notes in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and April. Lolllll. I know what you are thinking but guys Accra is crazy and I wasn't going to take any chance with them. I don't know if it paid off but in May all was passed and then the Covid wait.
S
I
L
E
N
C
E

Last week people started getting ghost update and said they had sent "ready to travel " email to Accra. I kukuma joined the wagon on Wednesday. Behold my ghost sort me on Mon 19th, Oct. It birthed PPR on the 22nd.

I give God all the glory for how far I have come. I'm still shocked but it ended in resounding praise.

Newmum Thank you.
Wasseynewest Thank you.

I'm a Canadian guys..... YIPPEEEEE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
oluwamitomisin:
Seven months and counting since I responded to my ITA and got AOR.
Does PPR this long for a family of 3?

Anyone have the phone number to IRCC please?
ppr is not by family composition
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by wizzzz: 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
How long does it take for the passport to be returned after sending it to ottawa from the US for pr visa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abeesawlah12345: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
MissMa01:

Yes please, Upfront Medicals

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by solamyson(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
I got my ITA from the draw yesterday. Can someone add us to post ITA group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cc150615(f): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
philaw:
Lol, the thread has been revolutionized and no more insults, you can as well ask for yourself grin. They have resumed, but I think it's modulated. Go to IQAS tracker thread on canadavisa forum for more updates. Besides, you only need the LLB certificate to earn points as Professional degree. It equates to Masters Degree.
nvm seen the answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by wuragold2: 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
contact them to remove it. i don't know why people always prove difficult. it has been said severally evaluate your highest degree

I had already applied for both before I came across this platform. Thanks anyways
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oluwamitomisin: 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
ednut1:
ppr is not by family composition

But then isn't my waiting period getting too long? I ordered GCMS notes. Nothing seems to be wrong with my submissions.

Any ideas on what I can do please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pabodan: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hello All,

I have an appointment with Qlife Lagos for medicals tomorrow, but something came up tonight that won't permit me to go tomorrow.

If anyone, who has already booked, would like to swap dates, please PM me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gummygummy(f): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
Just to let those asking about medical swapping, know that Qlife has stopped swapping dates...or at least that’s what I was told by their customer care personnel last week. She said they have a no swap policy and my plea about not being able to make it to Lagos on my booked date fell on deaf ears. I had to rebook a new date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Please drop PPR gist oh
@jerryval @Sotonwaostrong

Sotonwaostrong:
Good evening everyone.
I got PPR today. The feeling is surreal ...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
oluwamitomisin:

But then isn't my waiting period getting too long? I ordered GCMS notes. Nothing seems to be wrong with my submissions.

Any ideas on what I can do please?

Bro/Sis, there isn't any defined period for the wait. Some apply and get feedback within few months and others, it takes years. I'd say it's God's blessings and luck. For instance, I v friends that their files have been pending for more than 2 years and I also know some that submitted in September 2020 and their files are approved with PPR...even some peeps here on NL.

We all dont know the science behind posting files to different VOs or processing timelines, and no one will respond to your mails when you seek for answers. So just continue to pray... that's the key!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sam079: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nikkybeth:

sam079 thanks for encouraging me to insist for the IRCC specifications of bank reference letter. I finally got it today from GTBank after so much hassle. The manager who happens to be my account officer was unwilling to get the letter done. For two weeks I was on him but he was still nonchalant. I had to involve the Head of Operations and complained bitterly yesterday. Brethren lo and behold I got the letter today. So please if your banking with Gt insist and follow up, they'll eventually give it to you.

You're welcome �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BillyMcD: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Gummygummy:
Just to let those asking about medical swapping, know that Qlife has stopped swapping dates...or at least that’s what I was told by their customer care personnel last week. She said they have a no swap policy and my plea about not being able to make it to Lagos on my booked date fell on deaf ears. I had to rebook a new date.

They've become more strict with booking s, cancellations and rescheduling from my recent communication/interactions with them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bobority: 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
wizzzz:
How long does it take for the passport to be returned after sending it to ottawa from the US for pr visa

People have different timelines but you can expect it in 7 days or more. I know someone who got it 15 days after delivery and others were 9 and 10 days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oluwamitomisin: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
Zeus04:

Bro/Sis, . So just continue to pray... that's the key!

Much thanks for this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by omidan21: 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
elohim24:
This IQAS wahala is really annoying... for 7 straight days now I can't even create an application. I just wish I can call ircc to confirm if they will accept LLB evaluation with Wes as a professional degree. I'm running out of patience already

Choi @elohim24 how come you missed the part in the last just 2 pages or three where someone gave her testimony that she just received her evaluation from CES and LLB outcome came out positive as first professional certificate . Please my brother or sister I think you shld just fasshi IQAS and use CES or if you have the funds use the two simultaneously just in case you be doubting mind .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
omidan21:

Choi @elohim24 how come you missed the part in the last just 2 pages or three where someone gave her testimony that she just received her evaluation from CES and LLB outcome came out positive as first professional certificate . Please my brother or sister I think you shld just fasshi IQAS and use CES or if you have the funds use the two simultaneously just in case you be doubting mind .
I got the info from ebuncrown o, the timeline is scary. It took her 10months. I've initiated with CES though. Thanks and I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by omidan21: 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
It’s CoVID that made it that long . And I think things are back to normal
Processing time for them now if you start yours now It won’t take that long . I evaluated a sister transcript with CES last year . School sent in the transcript around November and the online copy was completed and sent to her in box in February habi early March . Infact it cld have arrived earlier but they were on a two or theee weeks December Vacation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chanceux: 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TOdus18(f): 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
wuragold2:
Hello , thanks to everyone for all the helpful information on this trend.
Please how do I get WES to evaluate only my MSC degree. I had earlier sent in request for both my degrees but now they have received verification email for my MSc while the BSC is still outstanding. I want to withdraw the BSC. Any advise?

I did the same before realizing that M.Sc was enough. So I reached out to WES via the online Contact form and it was removed. Here's what I sent exactly;

"I would like to request that my B. Sc Transcript/certificate be removed from this order as I am only required to evaluate my highest level of education, which is my Masters degree. This will help me with a faster evaluation as my Bsc transcript is difficult to obtain at the moment"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oluwamitomisin: 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2020
Zeus04:

We all dont know the science behind posting files to different VOs or processing timelines, and no one will respond to your mails when you seek for answers. So just continue to pray... that's the key!

BTW, can you please confirm to me if there may be a need to redo medicals after a year and in the process of waiting for PPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
chanceux:
Please, my proof of funds went as low as 3.0mil within the past 6months (cos I used it for some business during COVID) but its back up to the 4.5 mil it was in the beginning. Would it affect my application? Do I need an LOE. I'm about to submit
loe to do what They will reject the application na. Chances of them asking for updated proof of funds is low. But if they ask better tell them u used it to buy usd and kept under your bed. Or else angry. Stop playing rough play.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chanceux: 11:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
ednut1:
loe to do what They will reject the application na. Chances of them asking for updated proof of funds is low. But if they ask better tell them u used it to buy usd and kept under your bed. Or else angry. Stop playing rough play.
I just got ITA, so I'm about to submit my documents. That's what I meant. A thousand apologies if my initial post wasn't clear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (729)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.