Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,137 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant (42961 Views)

Demystifying CNG in Automobiles / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Keke (Pictures) / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Granite & Automated Plant- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Cherez:

I understand but not all of them
And you don't wanna be like someone who misbehaves
These kinds of words I see aches me
Your fellow young guy doing much and you sir your unemployed ass and talk gibberish
Mehn, I'm.pained

overwhelming majority of them are like that ans spoke like that

also inoson manufactures his plastics and other stuff in Nigeria only sourcing the engines and panels...

dishing them their own version of pills

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Ooni: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2020
futurism:
who told you that they can't? I believe you are an igbo person like myself hiding behind a yoruba title.

You know one problem igbos have? Boasting, pride and ego!

E go shock you as dem go over take Innoson and they will do so by being MORE organized.
what has ibos got to do with the fact that our son is planning to join car assembling. I'm trying to make sense and you are infusing tribalism into our argument by mentioning Yoruba, Ibo etc If nord succeeds in the Assembling, we celebrate him like over 40 car assemblers but not like innoson who is Africa's only car manufacturer. "Innoson only assemble cars" and "His vehicle are crappy" are things we should say when we stay with other tribes just to grandstand. But whenever we are gathered as omoluabis we must endeavour to speak truth to ourselves which is That innoson is making the Blackman proud and the only way the Yorubaland can progress is to learn from the technological ingenuity found in the east. I read innoson's interview where he affirmed that 80% of the raw materials are sourced locally. I expect our people who disagree to show counter evidence. otherwise, we swallow our pride and learn from them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Lorechino(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2020
tot:

The sky is big enough for all birds to fly in. This unhealthy competition you want to start is unnecessary.

I see
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by naturefellow(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Hauptmann:
The day I saw the back of this beatiful truck, I instantly knew it was a CKD unit from one of the numerous chinese auto manufacturers, very similar to Innoson.

It is a rebadged Huanghai N3A chinese truck, not manufactured in Nigeria.

Takes nothing away from the truck though. We all have to start from somewhere.

This revelation is unsettling. Feels like bile in my chest right now. Takes many things away from the truck for me. Many have been led to believe it is built from scratch. I'm letdown to say the least.

7 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Ooni:
what has ibos got to do with the fact that our son is planning to join car assembling. I'm trying to make sense and you are infusing tribalism into our argument by mentioning Yoruba, Ibo etc If nord succeeds in the Assembling, we celebrate him like over 40 car assemblers but not like innoson who is Africa's only car manufacturer. "Innoson only assemble cars" and "His vehicle are crappy" are things we should say when we stay with other tribes just to grandstand. But whenever we are gathered as omoluabis we must endeavour to speak truth to ourselves which is That innoson is making the Blackman proud and the only way the Yorubaland can progress is to learn from the technological ingenuity found in the east. I read innoson's interview where he affirmed that 80% of the raw materials are sourced locally. I expect our people who disagree to show counter evidence. otherwise, we swallow our pride and learn from them.

use Yoruba maybe egba or ijebu dialect to explain it for him ...
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Xisnin(m): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2020
ImageDoctor:
Innoson and NORD are good products, and they are doing great. Let's not see it as competition; but collective development that would enhance automobile future of Nigeria among other African countries.

One Love Humanity
They are competitors.
Businesses are not run on sentiments and competition is a good thing.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Emrixx(f): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2020
post=93377202:

Awwwwwww,
We see you getting one pretty soon.
With your hardwork and God with you,
It is possible.
#JustBelieve

Oshe
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by RealEzee(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2020
God1stson:

U are wrong. Innoson is into manufacturing and assembly. I have watched the manufacturing plant in u tube and tvc docs. All the vehicle skeleton is manufactured in Nigeria, most of the plastic components are manufactured in his plastic factories. He imports engine and transmission systems like most other big automobile brands.
exactly

3 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by OPPPS: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:
This is a welcome development in many areas, but if INNOSON is from the north I doubt if they will allow any competitor to set in, the FG would hv bound d importation of cars since.

Far from tribalism am just stating the obvious
Use your head for once tribal bigot. Dangote is from north and he has many competitors
One silly attitude about you people, you don't like competition, it should be you and your brothe alone
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by AfroKnight: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2020
bignero:

Olodo..

Anyways when you begin buy car, you go understand.. Because whrn it crashes, its the regulators that will save you from dying.

Like renting a house, and your ask the landlord if there will be bathroom and toilet and hes says thats his business and not yours.

Your analogy is just false equivalence.

Don’t cry too much. cheesy

Like I said, that’s for the regulators to decide not one nonentity on Nairaland asking for aerodynamics and crash tests. They don’t need a nobody like you to decide if their vehicle is road worthy or not.

If you want the figures, send them an email.

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by AfroKnight: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2020
ginovera:

He is Mr Sabina grin

cheesy Aswear.

The guy dey feel himself. As if he is the one they will submit crash test to.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by sinkhole: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2020
24SEVEN:

So we will surely get there by importing car parts manufactured overseas, possibly in China and then assemble and couple in Nigeria. Is that how to get there?? Don't you know it's almost akin to importing the finished product. Still Same shit different paper.

And please, spell divide properly.
see agent of denudation here embarassed if dem import part today and gradually start making their own part later, wetin bad for dat one? Oga "invent the wheel" cheesy Even developed society dey get the full product by hook or crook, then disassemble to study it and then reproduce with improvement.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Cherez: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2020
ariesbull:

overwhelming majority of them are like that ans spoke like that

also inoson manufactures his plastics and other stuff in Nigeria only sourcing the engines and panels...

dishing them their own version of pills

It's well but I will never talk down or see something as glorious as this and push it down cos of one petty revenge
Mehn, look at that truck
Isn't GOD wonderful to have created the CEO of NORD?
The joy in me kills that revenge urge in me
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by futurism: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2020
winterfell007:

That God we have other igbos that are seeing things pragmatically without being unnecessarily sentimental. We are becoming too boastful unnecessarily, we boastful in a very rude way and we've got to change that mentality.
Don't blow your own trumpet, let someone else do it for you

God bless you Nwanne.

When you tell them, they call you "hate"
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by sinkhole: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Ooni:

During the civil war, Ojukwu was claiming that he had all it takes to confront Nigerian Army while the armoury was almost empty grin Innoson is trying, no doubt about that, but 80% local material is way too high embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Zenithpeak(m): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Vehicle assembling plant can not survive Nigeria economy. You will need to sell in thousands before you can cover your cost... Unfortunately, Nigerians doesn't have capacity to buy brand new cars. Our economy can only afford us to buy 10years old used ( Tokunbo) cars and rock it with pride.

It is cheaper to manufacture the carcass in Nigeria and import the engines than to import and assemble finished product here in Nigeria.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by blingxx(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2020
omoadeleye:
They logo size is too big and loud, can't they just reduce it?

that's what they said about ford and hummer grin ..guess what
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Nasproperty: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by rolams(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2020
I love it but I prefer innoson. NORD is a copied Chinese vehicle while innoson is a brand on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Zenithpeak(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2020
gentiles:

Innoson does not manufacture cars, they only assemble parts imported from China, innoson and Nord are the same

This statement is false!

Innoson imports vehicle engines but mould the carcass. Innoson's cars are about 75% local content.

3 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by PreyingMantis(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Ooni:
I didn't ask your tribe. My point is that yorubaland can not grow by assembling things imported in a container
May your days be long Your Royal Highness. We Yorubas cannot make any type of progress by bringing in containers from China and assembling them behind one backyard like that

3 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by TimeTraveller: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:

Pls take bk that ur word 'silly' n never repeat that again.

Okay, I take it back.

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Lorechino(m): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2020
OPPPS:

Use your head for once tribal bigot. Dangote is from north and he has many competitors
One silly attitude about you people, you don't like competition, it should be you and your brothe alone

Ignored successfully
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by ariesbull: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Cherez:

It's well but I will never talk down or see something as glorious as this and push it down cos of one petty revenge
Mehn, look at that truck
Isn't GOD wonderful to have created the CEO of NORD?
The joy in me kills that revenge urge in me

that SUV is cool, but does it meet safety regulations as Yoruba people asked during innoson?

would the engine not fall off ( as they asked

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Gotze1: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Ooni:
Won't celebrate until we a have a car manufacturer like innoson. Until then, nord is just a smaller version of coscharis motors.
Seems you don't know that innoson rebagge no abi.
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Gotze1: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Ooni:
I won't take that lame excuse some of our people give. Innoson manufacturing plant and production process are all over the media, including foreign media. Pls die that deceit. This nord is just a low budget coscharis.
Stop dreaming if you don't know the meaning of manufacturing. Innoson does not manufacture.

4 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Stocktrader: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2020
futurism:

I am an igbo guy and as much as I appreciate innoson, he does not manufacture shiiit.

Na reassemble him dey do

You know nothing about Innoson, try and visit his company manufacturing unit to be Schooled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Gotze1: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Menance:
So after criticizing IVM they decided to tow the path they claimed their boss towed. Kiakiakia grin

Dogs will always eat their vomit. Follow your bosses well
Mumu, who criticizes IVM. When we have JAC, Proforce and now Nord.

2 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Gotze1: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2020
[s]
ariesbull:
igbos rarely forget...the remembered how the Lagos crowd especially here in Nairaland was talking trash when innoson started....only to copy years after...

respect your masters

when. the folks in Aba started sewing facemask during the corona Virus, Lagos crowd was blowing big grammar...only for them to start seeing sewing it in shops in Lagos

respect your masters

Igbo don't forget
[/s]You must be one of the Mumu, Yoruba alone has Proforce, JAC, and now Nord. Who is now the master.

But the question is, why are you people this pain about the Nord?

4 Likes

Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by akaza90(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2020
What is the price
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by DaveChapelle: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2020
Nigeria + FORD = NORD. Right?
Re: Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant by Gotze1: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2020
rolams:
I love it but I prefer innoson. NORD is a copied Chinese vehicle while innoson is a brand on its own.
You must be a dreamer then.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Man Crashes His New Car As Soon As He Got To His Village To Celebrate (Video) / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.