Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1070671 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

As soon as his status improves or if he can now show that an error was made in the initial CO's decision.

Can he apply befor the month end becos the conference is coming up on Oct 1st?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
i was granted a visiting visa 3 months ago ( 2 years multiple), and i went to the usa for the purpose for which i requested for the visa, spent just 7 days there before i returned. now, my wife and 2 kids,( ages 2 and 4) are desiring to attend a wedding in the usa next year June, and i will be going with them. how do we go about filling the ds-160 and paying the visa fee ?
1) do we fill their ds-160 forms seperately, remember the kids are ages 2 and 4
2) do we pay the same visa fee for all of them? FEE OF 27,200 each?
3) can i follow them for the interview, to speak for them?
4) should we tell the VO i will be following them to the USA for the wedding? or i tell the VO i will stay back in nigeria (as a tie back home), while they go, OR will i sound well i tell the VO i will be going with them ?........... we have just 7 days to spend there while we all return back
pls help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
tayoamos: i was granted a visiting visa 3 months ago ( 2 years multiple), and i went to the usa for the purpose for which i requested for the visa, spent just 7 days there before i returned. now, my wife and 2 kids,( ages 2 and 4) are desiring to attend a wedding in the usa next year June, and i will be going with them. how do we go about filling the ds-160 and paying the visa fee ?
1) do we fill their ds-160 forms seperately, remember the kids are ages 2 and 4
2) do we pay the same visa fee for all of them? FEE OF 27,200 each?
3) can i follow them for the interview, to speak for them?
4) should we tell the VO i will be following them to the USA for the wedding? or i tell the VO i will stay back in nigeria (as a tie back home), while they go, OR will i sound well i tell the VO i will be going with them ?........... we have just 7 days to spend there while we all return back
pls help

Each person regardless of age is an individual, so u have to fill separate forms for your children and pay the stipulated fee for each one of them. Your children will definitely not be interviewed considering their ages,there is an age limit which I really can't remember now but definitely around 12 years old thereabout,so your wife can stand in d gap for them.

As regards you convincing the VO your ties back home,
let other people advice u on that.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by floralgal: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Mofella:

You will not need any document,though it is wise to go with them but trust me its just an interview of 2-3 mins, all you need is God + fill with wisdom and be extremely conversant with your DS-160 form and lastly prove that you have strong ties to Nigeria. That's all

Note: I have come to realize from people's testimony on Nairaland that Married women stand better chances of being successful at the interview than married men,reason being that for the Women,their husband is already a strong tie to Nigeria so the women will come back home to their Husband but for the Men, their wives are no ties because when they get there story may change and it will not take them anything to arrange another over there.................. But please note that i stand to be corrected.
@Mofella tnx 4 ur reply. So u think am good to go, even with no travel history? Can i add my shaes certificates as ties to Nigeria too.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by buster(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2014
Good day everyone. I am new to this thread and I need advise. I intend travelling to the USA for a medical conference in Georgia. A well known multi national hospital in India is willing to cover all expenses including flight ticket, hotel and all other expenses. I have a letter from the hospital stating they would cover the expense. But am a little bit worried because they didn't give me their statement of account. Is the statement of account needed at the embassy or would the embassy confirm themselves. And also do I need to present my own statement of account even if am not the one paying for the trip
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2014
You can surely go with no travel history,there are a lot of testimonies to that.

As regards your share certificates, that is not in anyway a tie, you can be anywhere in the world and receive dividends on your shares and even sell the shares,so its not a tie.

A good job and Husband should be sufficient.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2014
Mofella: You can surely go with no travel history,there are a lot of testimonies to that.

As regards your share certificates, that is not in anyway a tie, you can be anywhere in the world and receive dividends on your shares and even sell the shares,so its not a tie.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2014
floralgal:
@Mofella tnx 4 ur reply. So u think am good to go, even with no travel history? Can i add my shaes certificates as ties to Nigeria too.

@ Floralgal ...You can surely go with no travel history,there are a lot of testimonies to that.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
My dad got naturalized and became a us citizen in 2012. He has since began processing papers for mr but I learnt it is going to take time considering the fact that I am a married adult with two children. However I wish to apply for a visitors visa to visit my dad. Do I have a better chance of getting d visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2014
tolarr: My dad got naturalized and became a us citizen in 2012. He has since began processing papers for mr but I learnt it is going to take time considering the fact that I am a married adult with two children. However I wish to apply for a visitors visa to visit my dad. Do I have a better chance of getting d visa?

Your chance is actually little to none. You already have an immigrant intent. So no ties will suffice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2014
Do you mean I stand no chance at all. But d status of my dads application for me and my family as at yesterday was "initial review". Despite the fact that the application was submitted two years ago. Please educate me more... On why?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 8:11am On Sep 17, 2014
Pls tzetzefly...help me on this

adigunomomama:

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2014
tolarr: Do you mean I stand no chance at all. But d status of my dads application for me and my family as at yesterday was "initial review". Despite the fact that the application was submitted two years ago. Please educate me more... On why?

You see, the major thing VOs look out for before granting a non immigrant visa is the certainty that the applicant will come back to his home country. This is why applicants' home ties are often evaluated.

Now, you have a pending immigrant visa. Meaning, you have an intention to migrate to the US sooner or later. That alone defeats the "non immigrant intent" factor in your application and already a ground for denial.

Like I said, it is not impossible for you to get the visa. But your chances are very very slim.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 17, 2014
Good morning all, plz i need a little clarification on this. i and my hubby were denied a usa visa last week, d purpose of travel was to have my baby. I intend to reapply , d question is will it be safer to reapply alone or we reapply together?
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:51am On Sep 17, 2014
adigunomomama:

Yes, he can apply before October 1st.

As long as there's an available interview date.

And being mindful of the fact that the situation that led to an initial denial has changed or it was an initial error from a decision reached by the VO.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2014
hollabeesy2014: Good morning all, plz i need a little clarification on this. i and my hubby were denied a usa visa last week, d purpose of travel was to have my baby. I intend to reapply , d question is will it be safer to reapply alone or we reapply together?
Thanks.

Reapply together and only one person is to travel. Your spouse can come visit you when it is your EDD.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2014
buster: Good day everyone. I am new to this thread and I need advise. I intend travelling to the USA for a medical conference in Georgia. A well known multi national hospital in India is willing to cover all expenses including flight ticket, hotel and all other expenses. I have a letter from the hospital stating they would cover the expense. But am a little bit worried because they didn't give me their statement of account. Is the statement of account needed at the embassy or would the embassy confirm themselves. And also do I need to present my own statement of account even if am not the one paying for the trip

Your statement of account will be required. And your application will be subjected to an administrative review to ascertain that multi-national organisation willign to sponsor you.

Terrorism is rife these days.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2014
tzetzefly:

Reapply together and only one person is to travel. Your spouse can come visit you when it is your EDD.

Thanks tzetzefly... God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
I have a valid USA b1b2 just gotten it few months back, a 2 years multiple. I went to the USA one and came back with it after spending 7 days. Now my wife and 2 kids, ages 2 and 5, are desiring to attend a wedding in the usa next year may. My wife will face the interviewers on behalf of herself and my 2 kids
I want to ask that, will it be better for her to say we well all want to go for the wedding together, or that I will say behind while they go for e wedding. Which will be better?
They only intend to stay 7 days there, and actually, I might not have the time to go wit them for the wedding.
Pls whc will better?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
OK tnx. I've already applied and I just have to believe that I will b granted. Surely I will be ...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
tolarr: OK tnx. I've already applied and I just have to believe that I will b granted. Surely I will be ...

Do share your testimony here. Goodluck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kayfuture: 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
tayoamos: I have a valid USA b1b2 just gotten it few months back, a 2 years multiple. I went to the USA one and came back with it after spending 7 days. Now my wife and 2 kids, ages 2 and 5, are desiring to attend a wedding in the usa next year may. My wife will face the interviewers on behalf of herself and my 2 kids
I want to ask that, will it be better for her to say we well all want to go for the wedding together, or that I will say behind while they go for e wedding. Which will be better?
They only intend to stay 7 days there, and actually, I might not have the time to go wit them for the wedding.
Pls whc will better?

Oga stop whining us Jareee! Phema don already replied your Q naw
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Does the embassy still issue 5 yrs visa and what makes one qualify for it? Can it be issued after one exhausts an initial 2yr b1 b2 visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
sisit: Does the embassy still issue 5 yrs visa and what makes one qualify for it? Can it be issued after one exhausts an initial 2yr b1 b2 visa?

Nope. The maximum you get in Naija is 2years.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by abubu79: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
I v bin to germany twice,currently my wife n I have a german visa wit d intention of visitin USA as tourists,bt my wife is a first time traveller,she jus got her first visa on her virgin pp,wats our chance of being issued a US visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 11:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
If a petition is being filed for me and my husband is a beneficiary as would be stated in the form. Would that affect his chances of renewing his b1b2 visa despite the fact that he is not the primary applicant?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by basica7000: 2:47am On Sep 18, 2014
good day my gurus.....pls I was issued a US b1/b2 single entry visa in August to attend a conference ....I came back to Nigeria dis September ...
I have another conference billed for January next yr.....my question is....am I supposed to schedule and attend an interview or will I just use the drop box or hw will I go abt it......
Thanks most sincerely
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyidiyaagbayi: 3:57am On Sep 18, 2014
Please, my sister is invited to the US by my brother as a tourist, what are the likely interview questions for this visa category. Does she need to go for medical report before the interview as her interview is scheduled for October 8.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
oyidiyaagbayi: Please, my sister is invited to the US by my brother as a tourist, what are the likely interview questions for this visa category. Does she need to go for medical report before the interview as her interview is scheduled for October 8.

What your visit to the States entails and you dont need a medical report to attend an interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2014
basica7000: good day my gurus.....pls I was issued a US b1/b2 single entry visa in August to attend a conference ....I came back to Nigeria dis September ...
I have another conference billed for January next yr.....my question is....am I supposed to schedule and attend an interview or will I just use the drop box or hw will I go abt it......
Thanks most sincerely

You dont qualify for a dropbox.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2014
abubu79: I v bin to germany twice,currently my wife n I have a german visa wit d intention of visitin USA as tourists,bt my wife is a first time traveller,she jus got her first visa on her virgin pp,wats our chance of being issued a US visa

Her ties to Nigeria will determine her chance of success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.