Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1070672 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Hello tzetzefly....pls an uncle of mine wants to write to the consulate general in lagos, to inform them of my visit to the state which he is the one sponsoring my trip...my question is, does he need to quote my DS-160 confirmation number or any oda no from the DS-160 form, before he can write to them??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by abubu79: 11:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Guru,her ties like her work or properties,we are jus goin for holiday for d period of her leave,visit some nice spots,I tot our german visa shld giv us an edge as in advantage for d VO to issue us d visa,
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2014
abubu79: Guru,her ties like her work or properties,we are jus goin for holiday for d period of her leave,visit some nice spots,I tot our german visa shld giv us an edge as in advantage for d VO to issue us d visa,
Thanks

Have you two travelled to another country together before now? Does she have a permanent job with good pay here in Nigeria?

What was the purpose of the German visa? An unused German visa doesn't mean a thing to the US consulate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyidiyaagbayi: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
tzetzefly:

What your visit to the States entails and you dont need a medical report to attend an interview.
thanks a lot.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
sisit: If a petition is being filed for me and my husband is a beneficiary as would be stated in the form. Would that affect his chances of renewing his b1b2 visa despite the fact that he is not the primary applicant?

Can anyone pls assist with a response?

Many thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by abubu79: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi guru,d german visa is a tourist visa,tinkin of applyin for d same visa in us,she has a permanent job,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello,

I made a mistake on my DS-160 form in which i later filled another one. For the past 3 days, I have been trying to update my profile with the new DS-160 code i just filled but it kept giving me error "Error occurred while loading a visualforce page". Please what can i do as my interview is tomorrow morning.

Attached is the screenshot of the error message.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
tzetzefly:

Yes, he can apply before October 1st.

As long as there's an available interview date.

And being mindful of the fact that the situation that led to an initial denial has changed or it was an initial error from a decision reached by the VO.

Thank you

The problem now is that he is not sure maybe there will be space for the interview this month again.

He is base in PH

Is dere anyhow he can check if a date is available in abuja within 22nd - 28th of this month.

Pls help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
NADAL5: Hello tzetzefly....pls an uncle of mine wants to write to the consulate general in lagos, to inform them of my visit to the state which he is the one sponsoring my trip...my question is, does he need to quote my DS-160 confirmation number or any oda no from the DS-160 form, before he can write to them??

Sorry to tell you this, your uncle's letter will not be read.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
adigunomomama:

Thank you

The problem now is that he is not sure maybe there will be space for the interview this month again.

He is base in PH

Is dere anyhow he can check if a date is available in abuja within 22nd - 28th of this month.

Pls help

He can check for date only with a confirmed payment receipt.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
tzetzefly:

He can check for date only with a confirmed payment receipt.

thanks

that means he has to Pay as soon as possibble...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

It was nice to be part of this great forum. My B1/B2 visa was approved today. I am so grateful to God and to everyone that contribute to this thread. @tzetzefly is an amazing guy. At a point i felt he works at the embassy...lol. The questions from the VO was all centered around my friend that invited me and also about my job. The big white guy at window 9 didn't grant visa to anyone throughout the entire 1hr:20mins i spent at the embassy.

Interview Venue: Lagos.
Interview Time: 8:30am(But got to my turn like 10am)

VO: Good moring Mr Bleep (With a smile)
Me: Good moring sir.
Vo: I can see you are going to houston, Texas. why?
Me: I am going to spend my annual leave with my friend since i couldn't make it to his wedding last year due to my busy schedule.
Vo: what is your friends name?
Me: His name is blah blah
Vo: How long have you been friends?
Me: Since i was a kid. We are childhood friends.
Vo: So Are u married?
Me: I am married.
Vo: I can see u are going alone, why isn't ur wife going with u?
Me: She just a new job and she isn't entitled to a leave yet.
Vo: When did you marry?
Me: 3 months ago (June)
Vo: Any kids?
Me: Not yet.
Vo: So tell me about your job, u sounded like a busy person (That was a green light for me. lol)
Me: I am a System Administrator for XYZ Company.
Vo: What is your job role?
Me: A,B,C,D...........
VO: What is the staff strenght of your office?
Me: 200 in Nigeria.
Vo: So u've got other branches?
Me: We are located in 11 countries.
Vo: Great (Another green light for me....)So tell me what your friend does and where he works?
Me: blah blah
Vo: How old is your friend? (I knw i am a year older than my friend but at that point the issue was that i forgot my own age for some seconds b4 i later did my calculations.....lol)
Me: He is XX years old.

The white guy smiled at me and said " Congratulations, your visa has been approved, you can pick up your visa on.........."

Its all God because i really can't xplain. There are people that have more genuin reasons for going to the US but yet got denied. Imagine, a wife of a VC of a University was denied, a sick laddy limping was denied.

NB: Pls maintain eye contact, be confident answer questions without .........."ehm", "ehn".....Above all, Pray to God for favour. Thanks T

God bless you all.

8 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ducan: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello nice people. I had my visit visa interview today but unfutunately I was poated to the bad cop of the day. She virtually refused 13 out of 15 I saw her interview and the two had traveled to at least 3 foreign counties. Other VOs wia granting visa like air.
Here is my interview.
Me: good morning ma
Vo: replyed
Vo:where e u going to in us
Me: georgia
Vo:y chose georgia
Me:told her about my aunt
Vo: what does she do
Me: told her my aunts job and position
Vo: when last did you see her
Me: june when she came back
VO: what do you do
Me: to her my position and company
Vo: have you traveled befor
Me: no ma
Vo: who will sponsor you trip
Me: my aunt
Vo: have you traveled before
Vo: are you married
Vo: are you married

Sorry bla bla, read the paper. When I did I saw its based on section 214b. That's no prove of ties.
I thank God for the Day
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Egomah(m): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
While filling your form, did they ask you for marriage certificate since you just got married?
Congratulation man

Emblem: Hello Everyone,

It was nice to be part of this great forum. My B1/B2 visa was approved today. I am so grateful to God and to everyone that contribute to this thread. @tzetzefly is an amazing guy. At a point i felt he works at the embassy...lol. The questions from the VO was all centered around my friend that invited me and also about my job. The big white guy at window 9 didn't grant visa to anyone throughout the entire 1hr:20mins i spent at the embassy.

Me: I am going to spend my annual leave with my friend since i couldn't make it to his wedding last year due to my busy schedule.
Vo: So tell me about your job, u sounded like a busy person (That was a green light for me. lol)
Vo: Great (Another green light for me....)So tell me what your friend does and where he works?
Vo: How old is your friend? (I knw i am a year older than my friend but at that point the issue was that i forgot my own age for some seconds b4 i later did my calculations.....lol)

The white guy smiled at me and said " Congratulations, your visa has been approved, you can pick up your visa on.........."

Its all God because i really can't xplain. There are people that have more genuin reasons for going to the US but yet got denied. Imagine, a wife of a VC of a University was denied, a sick laddy limping was denied.

NB: Pls maintain eye contact, be confident answer questions without .........."ehm", "ehn".....Above all, Pray to God for favour. Thanks T

God bless you all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Egomah: While filling your form, did they ask you for marriage certificate since you just got married?
Congratulation man

No i wasn't asked. Infact, i noticed they weren't asking for documents.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Egomah(m): 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Alright, thanks for ur response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Emblem: Hello Everyone,

It was nice to be part of this great forum. My B1/B2 visa was approved today. I am so grateful to God and to everyone that contribute to this thread. @tzetzefly is an amazing guy. At a point i felt he works at the embassy...lol. The questions from the VO was all centered around my friend that invited me and also about my job. The big white guy at window 9 didn't grant visa to anyone throughout the entire 1hr:20mins i spent at the embassy

God bless you all.

@ Emblem....... Pls were u asked if you've travelled before? if asked,what was your response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
Greetings. Pls do I have to upload a passport photograph to my Ds-160 form online. Quick response pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mofella: Greetings. Pls do I have to upload a passport photograph to my Ds-160 form online. Quick response pls

@Mofella, u don't have to upload it. U can go with two passport photo of the embassy's specification. Also there are photographers at the Embassy (Lagos) car park. I took mine there on friday and it cost N1,500 for 6 copies. Wish u all the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Emblem:

@Mofella, u don't have to upload it. U can go with two passport photo of the embassy's specification. Also there are photographers at the Embassy (Lagos) car park. I took mine there on friday and it cost N1,500 for 6 copies. Wish u all the best.

@Emblem.... an very grateful and may God bless u abundantly. Once again congrats on the receipt of your Visa.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by maximumm: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hello guru, I have been following the trends on the forum for a while now and here is my issue.
Pls I applied for US M1 Visa between June - September, 2013 and 3times in a row and was denied which I don't know and not until the last VO asked me about my strong ties I realized I messed up with no married and no job status.
I am a geophysicist in an oil and gas company now and have been working since November 2013 till date and my company want to send me to an international Geophysics exhibition in the US by next 2015.
Please what's my chance of getting the Visa as I already travel to Kenya and Dubai.
Your advice asap sir. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kuzeh: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Emblem: Hello,

I made a mistake on my DS-160 form in which i later filled another one. For the past 3 days, I have been trying to update my profile with the new DS-160 code i just filled but it kept giving me error "Error occurred while loading a visualforce page". Please what can i do as my interview is tomorrow morning.

Attached is the screenshot of the error message.
HI,
How did you solve this ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
kuzeh:
HI,
How did you solve this ?

Hello,

I just sum up courage and went for the interview like that.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kuzeh: 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Emblem:

Hello,

I just sum up courage and went for the interview like that.
Congrats
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kuzeh: 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
skimmeh1: even at that, she can not fly with that passport which the visa was approved in. The Airlines also stick to these principle as part of flight condition. So advice your sister to go get her passport re-issued.
Hi,
My passport expires May 2015 and my interview is next week. Do I require a new passport before travelling?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 5:23am On Sep 22, 2014
Hi house. I was issued a US 2 years visit visa last month. I had entered in my DS 160 form that my point of entry and exit would be Atlanta as I am going to New Orleans for a conference. I also stated that my arrival date will be 30th Sept. Now I want to go through Dallas and arrive a day earlier as this ticket is cheaper and I have got another invitation to attend a preconferemce meeting on the 30th. My concern is will there be any issue at point of entry at Dallas for change in travel plan and route? Note I have travelled to US before, that was in 2008.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by MerryMom: 6:58am On Sep 22, 2014
Afi conference na. Why una no dey go for conference for UK or France grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 9:50am On Sep 22, 2014
ekpotek: Hi house. I was issued a US 2 years visit visa last month. I had entered in my DS 160 form that my point of entry and exit would be Atlanta as I am going to New Orleans for a conference. I also stated that my arrival date will be 30th Sept. Now I want to go through Dallas and arrive a day earlier as this ticket is cheaper and I have got another invitation to attend a preconferemce meeting on the 30th. My concern is will there be any issue at point of entry at Dallas for change in travel plan and route? Note I have travelled to US before, that was in 2008.
Just explain this to them at the POE. Occasionally, the officer at the POE might drill you to ask why changing your plan. I was drill also during mine ,I filled the Ds 160 that I was going to Denver Colorado, ended up going to Minneapolis Minnesota. The officer drilled me why I changed my plan as it was not what I told the visa officer when I applied for the visa, but I explained and he understood
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kuzeh: 10:15am On Sep 22, 2014
kuzeh:
Hi people,
My passport expires May 2015 and my interview is this week. Do I require a new passport before travelling?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kuzeh: 10:16am On Sep 22, 2014
kuzeh:
Hi,
My passport expires May 2015 and my interview is this week. Do I require a new passport before travelling?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 11:07am On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=kuzeh][/quote]
Better you renew it if you want to get a visa like 2 years. Otherwise u will only get 6 months visa on a passport that will expire in may like u said. U will not be given a 2 years visa on a passport that will expire in may
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tolma28(m): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
I applied fr a visitors visa sumtyms in feb wit my wife and son but was refuesd. We got an invitation from a very senior family friend of mine. I was told by a friend then that d reason for my refusal is becuz of my age and dat of my wife (26 & 25 respectively but this is our true age and what is on our passport) and also becuz of the salary i quote i was earning (323k). Am an operational manager in an hotel and my wife and i also run an hospitality firm togeda. Now we intend applying for anoda visitors visa what is our chance of getting one dis tym.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.