Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,363 members, 7,971,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:15 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1073267 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 6:52am On May 10, 2013
tzetzefly:

No special days at the embassy, you only need to show a calm and confident approach during your interview. Best of luck. ....

Thanks tzetzefly
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:08am On May 10, 2013
Asorock 1:

Thanks tzetzefly

Alrite...wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 12:30pm On May 10, 2013
Hi all, i am applying for US tourist visa (first time applicant, iv paid the visa fee but haven't filled forms or scheduled an interview yet....

so my husband has a pending F4 application, which i'm thinking may not be favorable for my tourist application, should i apply without him, iv been to the Uk twice, SA once, Dubai once, Ghana and Kenya once and should be going to France and Italy in 2 weeks (hopefully).

I have a good job about 600k per month and almost 2m in my account and some savings in mutual funds...

He also has a good travel history, schooled in the Uk for 4 years, then came back to naija after school, been to about 4 schengen countries, However he has been denied US visa twice while he was schooling in the UK and he suspects it may be because of the pending F4 application..but then he was a student, now he is working, has a gd job too and has some money saved and he is married, so that may be ties to naija.

So what do u guys think, his F4 date is 2006 and the bulletin is still in 2002, meaning he still has at least 5 years wait for that

and if i apply alone wont they ask me why i'm travelling alone and wont i have to declare my hubs name? my passport is still my maiden name, but my office letter, bank statement etc is in my maiden name

Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2013
favored gal: Hi all, i am applying for US tourist visa (first time applicant, iv paid the visa fee but haven't filled forms or scheduled an interview yet....

so my husband has a pending F4 application, which i'm thinking may not be favorable for my tourist application, should i apply without him, iv been to the Uk twice, SA once, Dubai once, Ghana and Kenya once and should be going to France and Italy in 2 weeks (hopefully).

I have a good job about 600k per month and almost 2m in my account and some savings in mutual funds...

He also has a good travel history, schooled in the Uk for 4 years, then came back to naija after school, been to about 4 schengen countries, However he has been denied US visa twice while he was schooling in the UK and he suspects it may be because of the pending F4 application..but then he was a student, now he is working, has a gd job too and has some money saved and he is married, so that may be ties to naija.

So what do u guys think, his F4 date is 2006 and the bulletin is still in 2002, meaning he still has at least 5 years wait for that

and if i apply alone wont they ask me why i'm travelling alone and wont i have to declare my hubs name? my passport is still my maiden name, but my office letter, bank statement etc is in my maiden name

Thanks in advance

Are you inferring that your husband has a sibling on Green Card in the States which can also be an application under F4 visa category (family preference immigrant visa )...?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cheromel: 1:37pm On May 10, 2013
Hey, I just want to say thank u to everyone who offered advice and suggestions when I needed it. I had my interview today and it lasted less than 2 mins. Here is how it went:
My number gets called and I and my daughter went to the window and pass my passport to her
ME: hello Goodmorning
VO: *smiles* Gmorning

VO: where are you going in the US
ME: Texas

VO: Why Texas
ME: was highly recommended by my husband as he visited texas last year

VO: Is your husband traveling with you?
Me: No, he will be busy with work

VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria and where
Me: yes, the UK and the UAE

VO: where do you work?
Me: I answered

VO: how much do u earn?

VO: your visa has been approved, please pick up on Wednesday at Lekki.
Me: All smiles and I said thank u, picked up my daughter and left.

Thanks y'all once again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by euromoney(f): 1:49pm On May 10, 2013
cheromel: Hey, I just want to say thank u to everyone who offered advice and suggestions when I needed it. I had my interview today and it lasted less than 2 mins. Here is how it went:
My number gets called and I and my daughter went to the window and pass my passport to her

Thanks y'all once again

Congrats!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:55pm On May 10, 2013
@cheromel, Do have a splendid trip with your husband and child...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adelegan1: 3:06pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:45pm On May 10, 2013
adelegan1: will my waec certificate be verify if applying for US spousal visa. The year of my date of birth is wrong on my waec certificate but the day and month is correct. My friend told me they will ask for my waec at point in time.please house i need your response as soon as possible

Yes, it will be verified. Any discrepancies on your documents need to be rectified legally, to ensure conformity with embassy regulations...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adelegan1: 5:19pm On May 10, 2013
tzetzefly:

Yes, it will be verified. Any discrepancies on your documents need to be rectified legally, to ensure conformity with embassy regulations...

Thanks for your response how do i correct this
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adelegan1: 5:40pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2013
adelegan1: Please can i swear an affidavites to correct the wrong date of birth on my waec certificate

You need to tender your original birth certificate showing your date of birth and all information about your parents i.e. their full names and place of birth. This certificate must also indicate an authorised signature and date, prior to the period of your waec.

If you dont have this birth certificate mentioned above, then you must state why you are not in possession of such document ( either damaged or lost), through a police report after swearing a court affidavit.

NOTE:
Hope you are not shying from your real age?
Please, do not go for an arranged police report, ensure what you have is an original document......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2013
cheromel: Hey, I just want to say thank u to everyone who offered advice and suggestions when I needed it. I had my interview today and it lasted less than 2 mins. Here is how it went:

Thanks y'all once again

Best wishes
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 6:38am On May 11, 2013
tzetzefly:

Are you inferring that your husband has a sibling on Green Card in the States which can also be an application under F4 visa category (family preference immigrant visa )...?

Yup...his sister is a citizen and filed for him and his mum 7 years ago..his mum is a citizen now but hes is taking longer cuz he isnt her mum or dad juet a brother and he was more than 18 so its under the F4 category
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:40am On May 11, 2013
favored gal:

Yup...his sister is a citizen and filed for him and his mum 7 years ago..his mum is a citizen now but hes is taking longer cuz he isnt her mum or dad juet a brother and he was more than 18 so its under the F4 category

Has he at any time filled your data with the US Dept of State on any capacity or as his spouse?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kesmalso111(m): 9:35am On May 11, 2013
hello pals i want your advise am about to apply for a b1 visa, i apply to attend a traning in usa flight dispacher course which will last for the duration of 1month and 1week i work with a newly opend aviation company here in nigeria i earn about 165per month as ground dispacher agent, i have an introduction and consent letter from my company, am also married and with one month old kids am 24yo what are my chances in getting the visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 9:53am On May 11, 2013
tzetzefly:

Has he at any time filled your data with the US Dept of State on any capacity or as his spouse?

Nope
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2013
favored gal:

Nope

Then you can apply without indicating any link whatsoever to him.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2013
kesmalso111: hello pals i want your advise am about to apply for a b1 visa, i apply to attend a traning in usa flight dispacher course which will last for the duration of 1month and 1week i work with a newly opend aviation company here in nigeria i earn about 165per month as ground dispacher agent, i have an introduction and consent letter from my company, am also married and with one month old kids am 24yo what are my chances in getting the visa

You look good in terms of certain ties to Nigeria. However the important questions are:

1. Have you travelled abroad in the past for any reason whatsoever, or for a similar course(s)?

2. Who is sponsoring this trip, your organisation or self sponsored?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kesmalso111(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2013
tzetzefly:

You look good in terms of certain ties to Nigeria. However the important questions are:

1. Have you travelled abroad in the past for any reason whatsoever, or for a similar course(s)?

2. Who is sponsoring this trip, your organisation or self sponsored?
am the one paying for my trip i have like 3.7m in my acct i have traveled to gahna senegal and ivory coast i also have kanya yet to be used.....i did my ground dispacher course in gahna thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2013
kesmalso111:
am the one paying for my trip i have like 3.7m in my acct i have traveled to gahna senegal and ivory coast i also have kanya yet to be used.....i did my ground dispacher course in gahna thanks

Alrite, for your interview, you are to appear relaxed, confident and not show desperation for the visa.

Best of luck....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 11, 2013
favored gal:

If the Mother is now a citizen, can she file for him to expedite?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 11, 2013
tzetzefly:

I'm trying to learn here as I have a pending spousal visa that is being processed.

What does WAEC have to do with a Spousal visa? If it was a student visa I would understand. Please advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:15am On May 12, 2013
Somorin#1:

I'm trying to learn here as I have a pending spousal visa that is being processed.

What does WAEC have to do with a Spousal visa? If it was a student visa I would understand. Please advise.

In the online form filled by that individual, a column for academic qualifications was entered by him, documents to proof such academic claims will have to be presented to the CO including his WAEC result, for verification.

He will be presenting a WAEC document that shows discrepancy in his birth date. Hence the advise.

Hope you understand now..?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:17am On May 12, 2013
Somorin#1:

If the Mother is now a citizen, can she file for him to expedite?

Technically the mother cannot file for him, because his sister has already petitioned on his behalf. He has to await his ''priority date'' for immigrant visa interview.

This can take several years depending on the chronological order in which the petitions were filed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 8:53am On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Technically the mother cannot file for him, because his sister has already petitioned on his behalf. He has to await his ''priority date'' for immigrant visa interview.

This can take several years depending on the chronological order in which the petitions [quote author=tzetzefly]

This can take several years depending on the chronological order in which the petitions were filed.

Correct but does this mean he cant get an immigrant visa in the time being
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 8:58am On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Then you can apply without indicating any link whatsoever to him.....

Thanks.....does that mean he stNds no chance of getting a tourist visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:04am On May 12, 2013
favored gal:

Thanks.....does that mean he stNds no chance of getting a tourist visa?

Except Michelle Obama herself speaks on his behalf to the US Dept of State....cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:06am On May 12, 2013
grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2013
@favored gal,

He will have to excercise patience until his case is current this can be anything from weeks to years....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2013
Good consultancy job. God bless you.

I'm 31years old, I will be applying for a visitor's visa this month, though appointment not yet booked.

I'm visiting strictly for tourist/to enjoy my life grin, sight seeing.

I have the underlisted.

- marriage certificate/wedding pictures

- two kids/birth certificates/ family picture.

- bank statements of account, current and dollar accounts, both with one bank. Reasonable

- three months old registered coy ( i have been into business for long and was working with my brother before i called it quit to start mine)

I buy new phones from new york to resell here through a friend; also visited dubai in March for same reason to buy phones. I have all the receipts. i have just bought a car from new york with the help of same friend to be sold when it arrives nigeria ( part of my business)

- i have three months left on my passport and i have been advised to renew which i have done ( so it looks news) no record of previous traveling exposure.

- i intend to spend 15 days in new york, hotel reservation, i don't need an invitation letter from this my friend. No time for too much questions.

Question is, what are my chances of having the visa?

Please advice. Or is there something missing? Or is there something i should add? Is my company too young, it's an oil and gas marketing business, outsourcing of AGO for corporate organisations.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 1:02pm On May 12, 2013
B

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.