Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,936 members, 7,942,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1070428 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 1:36pm On May 12, 2013
favored gal: Hi all, i am applying for US tourist visa (first time applicant, iv paid the visa fee but haven't filled forms or scheduled an interview yet....

So what do u guys think, his F4 date is 2006 and the bulletin is still in 2002, meaning he still has at least 5 years wait for that

Thanks in advance

Hello, how do you check the bulletin to know which prioritiy dates are being processed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ayoboy1: 1:39pm On May 12, 2013
Hi house,
I have been an avid reader but I never contributed. I applied for a tourist visa and took a lot of tips on here. I had my interview on the 9th and dressed sharply and formal with my I.D card on.
After all the protocols were duly observed. I was called to booth 2, which I did not pay any attention to all along. The interview took less than 4 minutes. She was a middle aged Caucasian.

Me: Good Morning (with a smile)
Interviewer: Morning (with a smile)

May I have your passport and application. I gave her.

Interviewer: Why do you intend to travel?
Me: For my vacation.

Interviewer: How long do you intend to spend?
Me: 21 days.

Interviewer: Are you married?
Me: No

Interviewer: Any Children?
Me: Not yet.

Interviewer: Where and who will you be staying with?
Me: Brooklyn NY. My aunt.

Interviewer: Where do you work?
Me: Lagos State Govt (She starts typing furiously) Bla bla bla

Interviewer: How much do you earn monthly?
Me: 224.... ( She looks up to the wall to check something)

Interviewer: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: Yes. United Kingdom

Interviewer: How many times?
Me: About 4

(She opens my passport and looks through it)

(She grabs a paper from her right side)

Interviewer: please pick up your visa on Tuesday. Have a nice day.
Me: Thank you. Have a nice day.

This was less than 5 minutes and none of my documents was requested for.
I was absolutely scared before I went up to her. I had analysed the available interviewers and it didn't look good until I was called to her. There were more immigrants visa been given than non- immigrants.
All I can say is
Dress your wage
Look her in her eyes
B confident and remember every single detail of what is on your form.
If possible travel to other places first.
A good income will aid you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2013
edun.o:

Hello, how do you check the bulletin to know which prioritiy dates are being processed

Are you applying for any immigrant visa category...?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2013
Ayoboy1: Hi house,
I have been an avid reader but I never contributed. I applied for a tourist visa and took a lot of tips on here. I had my interview on the 9th and dressed sharply and formal with my I.D card on.
After all the protocols were duly observed. I was called to booth 2, which I did not pay any attention to all along. The interview took less than 4 minutes. She was a middle aged Caucasian.

Me: Good Morning (with a smile)
Interviewer: Morning (with a smile)

May I have your passport and application. I gave her.

Interviewer: Why do you intend to travel?
Me: For my vacation.

Interviewer: How long do you intend to spend?
Me: 21 days.

Interviewer: Are you married?
Me: No

Interviewer: Any Children?
Me: Not yet.

Interviewer: Where and who will you be staying with?
Me: Brooklyn NY. My aunt.

Interviewer: Where do you work?
Me: Lagos State Govt (She starts typing furiously) Bla bla bla

Interviewer: How much do you earn monthly?
Me: 224.... ( She looks up to the wall to check something)

Interviewer: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: Yes. United Kingdom

Interviewer: How many times?
Me: About 4

(She opens my passport and looks through it)

(She grabs a paper from her right side)

Interviewer: please pick up your visa on Tuesday. Have a nice day.
Me: Thank you. Have a nice day.

This was less than 5 minutes and none of my documents was requested for.
I was absolutely scared before I went up to her. I had analysed the available interviewers and it didn't look good until I was called to her. There were more immigrants visa been given than non- immigrants.
All I can say is
Dress your wage
Look her in her eyes
B confident and remember every single detail of what is on your form.
If possible travel to other places first.
A good income will aid you.

Congrats....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ayoboy1: 1:50pm On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Congrats....

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2013
FrontPageLawyer: Good consultancy job. God bless you.

I'm 31years old, I will be applying for a visitor's visa this month, though appointment not yet booked.

I'm visiting strictly for tourist/to enjoy my life grin, sight seeing.

I have the underlisted.

- marriage certificate/wedding pictures

- two kids/birth certificates/ family picture.

- bank statements of account, current and dollar accounts, both with one bank. Reasonable

- three months old registered coy ( i have been into business for long and was working with my brother before i called it quit to start mine)

I buy new phones from new york to resell here through a friend; also visited dubai in March for same reason to buy phones. I have all the receipts. i have just bought a car from new york with the help of same friend to be sold when it arrives nigeria ( part of my business)

- i have three months left on my passport and i have been advised to renew which i have done ( so it looks news) no record of previous traveling exposure.

- i intend to spend 15 days in new york, hotel reservation, i don't need an invitation letter from this my friend. No time for too much questions.

Question is, what are my chances of having the visa?

Please advice. Or is there something missing? Or is there something i should add? Is my company too young, it's an oil and gas marketing business, outsourcing of AGO for corporate organisations.

To start with, never tell the CO you intend to buy car(s) or any gadgets from the States for resale in Nigeria. That will earn you instant denial. What you're going for is tourism not business.

You circumstance in Nigeria will determine if you will be issued a visa or not i.e. stable job, income at your disposal, family ties and travel experience (especially for vacation).....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 1:55pm On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Are you applying for any immigrant visa category...?

My
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:58pm On May 12, 2013
edun.o:

My mum filled for me.

Ok. Take time to go through this site:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 2:12pm On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

Ok. Take time to go through this site:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

To start with, never tell the CO you intend to buy car(s) or any gadgets from the States for resale in Nigeria. Thaot will earn you instant denial. What you're going for is tourism not business.

You circumstance in Nigeria will determine if you will be issued a visa or not i.e. stable job, income at your disposal, family ties and travel experience (especially for vacation).....

Thanks boss.(tzetzefly)

Income is stable, family ties on point. I'm an entrepreneur with a registered company, but newly incorporated. I decided to start up mine haven't worked in family business for 6years. Do i need to show CO some prove of my past work?

Sure boss. I'm going strictly for tourism not to buy phones or cars. Let me reiterate, i said i usually buy phones from newyork through the help of a friend, same friend also bought a car for me recently which i will resell here. I'm saying my income is from my company (AGO procurement) sales of phones and cars which makes up my annual income.

Will i shoot myself in the leg if i mention to the CO i have a friend in new york who helps in buying phones and cars?

Please be precise, tell me how to go about it, dos and don't. It's not a do or die thing for me, i'm only going there to spend my hard earn cash
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Thanks boss.(tzetzefly)

Income is stable, family ties on point. I'm an entrepreneur with a registered company, but newly incorporated. I decided to start up mine haven't worked in family business for 6years. Do i need to show CO some prove of my past work?

Sure boss. I'm going strictly for tourism not to buy phones or cars. Let me reiterate, i said i usually buy phones from newyork through the help of a friend, same friend also bought a car for me recently which i will resell here. I'm saying my income is from my company (AGO procurement) sales of phones and cars which makes up my annual income.

Will i shoot myself in the leg if i mention to the CO i have a friend in new york who helps in buying phones and cars?

Please be precise, tell me how to go about it, dos and don't. It's not a do or die thing for me, i'm only going there to spend my hard earn cash

I no be boss abeg o! Am just a brother who cares. That kain thing...wink

Good for you to have that mindset of the visa not being ''a do or die affair''. However, never tell the CO about purchases like cars or otherwise for resale in Nigeria. You will end up shooting yourself in the leg.

Your previous work and the present one is necessary to give the CO an impression of economic continuity.

Hope this helps.....?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2013
tzetzefly:

I no be boss abeg o! Am just a brother who cares. That kain thing...smiley

Good for you to have that mindset of the visa not being ''a do or die affair''. However, never tell the CO about purchases like cars or otherwise for resale in Nigeria. You will end up shooting yourself in the leg.

Your previous work and the present one is necessary to give the CO an impression of economic continuity.

Hope this helps.....?

Noted boss.

Which interview date will i likely get as i'm prepared to pay for visa fee tomorrow to get started.

Or please advise how i need to get started.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Noted boss.

Which interview date will i likely get as i'm prepared to pay for visa fee tomorrow to get started.

Or please advise how i need to get started.

Thanks for your time.

First determine your travel date, your destination, your intended period of stay, fill your DS-160 form and book your interview appointment. Follow these easy instructions @:

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbankebabe: 5:51pm On May 13, 2013
Hi Gbenge 77, Tzetzefly and the forum geniuses. I have a question. If one applies for a US Spousal visa, does the US Embassy hold on to the international passport?

My sister has a b2 visa that expires in 6 months but she also wants to apply for a spousal visa so by the time it's processing, she can still travel on her b2. Is this doable?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2013
igbankebabe: Hi Gbenge 77, Tzetzefly and the forum geniuses. I have a question. If one applies for a US Spousal visa, does the US Embassy hold on to the international passport?

My sister has a b2 visa that expires in 6 months but she also wants to apply for a spousal visa so by the time it's processing, she can still travel on her b2. Is this doable?

1. The US Embassy will never hold on to your passport except for a few days when you're certain to be issued with visa.

2. She had better use the 6 months remaining on her visa before applying for a spousal visa, because as soon as she applies, the valid B2 visa will be cancelled pending the outcome of her new application.

Meanwhile, get better informed by perusing this site:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jordanese: 7:30pm On May 13, 2013
@tzetzefly

I'm a car dealer here in Nigeria with a registered company incorporated last year. I'm registered with Insurance Auto Auction as an exporter of cars in the USA.

I have the underlisted.

Marriage certificate/wedding pictures

Two kids/birth certificates/ family picture.

Bank statements of account, Savings, current and Domiciliary accounts.

I also pay directly from my bank here in Nigeria after winning a bid at the Auctions.

What Are my chances of getting USA visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2013
jordanese: @tzetzefly

I'm a car dealer here in Nigeria with a registered company incorporated last year. I'm registered with Insurance Auto Auction as an exporter of cars in the USA.

I have the underlisted.

Marriage certificate/wedding pictures

Two kids/birth certificates/ family picture.

Bank statements of account, Savings, current and Domiciliary accounts.

I also pay directly from my bank here in Nigeria after winning a bid at the Auctions.

What Are my chances of getting USA visa

The CO(s) now frown at travellers engaging in importation of cars and trucks, reasons not clearly defined but the US Customs and Border Protection Agency may have a thing or two to do with this.

I will advise you get an American agent to do the shipping for you, and you only get to do the clearing in Nigeria to save yourself a red flag.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2013
ok...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 9:15pm On May 13, 2013
[b][/b]@tzetze fly- is it possible to get a b1/b2 visa or a student visa with my immigrant visa application still pending.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 9:15pm On May 13, 2013
@tzetze fly- is it possible to get a b1/b2 visa or a student visa with my immigrant visa application still pending.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:29pm On May 13, 2013
edun.o:
@tzetze fly- is it possible to get a b1/b2 visa or a student visa with my immigrant visa application still pending.

It is going to be difficult for you. The CO will view you as an intending immigrant never to return....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 9:38pm On May 13, 2013
Thanks for the swift response.So its possible but difficult yea?

tzetzefly:

It is going to be difficult for you. The CO will view you as an intending immigrant never to return....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2013
edun.o:
Thanks for the swift response.So its possible but difficult yea?

It may be possible if you can show you have good financial statement covering your school tuition and living costs as well as show strong residence ties to your home country.

And also the wiligness / intention to leave the States at the expiration of your intended duration of studies hopefully with evidence of a job waiting for you in Nigeria after graduation.

Even at that, it is uncertain to sway the CO's mind in your favour.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jordanese: 11:03pm On May 13, 2013
I will apply for as A tourist.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbankebabe: 12:28am On May 14, 2013
Thank you for the information. I will tell my sister

tzetzefly:

1. The US Embassy will never hold on to your passport except for a few days when you're certain to be issued with visa.

2. She had better use the 6 months remaining on her visa before applying for a spousal visa, because as soon as she applies, the valid B2 visa will be cancelled pending the outcome of her new application.

Meanwhile, get better informed by perusing this site:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:26am On May 14, 2013
jordanese: I will apply for as A tourist.

Better....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 8:41am On May 14, 2013
please tzetzefly and everyone in the house, just like I said, my interview comes up June at US embassy abuja...I want to know if it sounds genuine that I'm going for tourism but don't have anyone there not even a friend, but i already booked for a hotel reservation, if u are the VO will u believe I do go to a place I don't know anybody for vacation more especially as this will be my first time to travel outside Nigeria
Secondly, my salary is #145000...Would they consider this amount low income or good enough Though I have about 1.4m in savings account
I'm 31, married with a kid, working for 6 years n 3 months now as a sales supervisor with a distribution company.
What r my chances God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by demola9: 9:43am On May 14, 2013
Hi, my name is Afolabi and I want to apply for us visa and I have travelled to London like 7times and I been to us in 1981 .i am married with two kids
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2013
demola9: Hi, my name is Afolabi and I want to apply for us visa and I have travelled to London like 7times and I been to us in 1981 .i am married with two kids

Then apply as the case may be....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2013
Asorock 1: please tzetzefly and everyone in the house, just like I said, my interview comes up June at US embassy abuja...I want to know if it sounds genuine that I'm going for tourism but don't have anyone there not even a friend, but i already booked for a hotel reservation, if u are the VO will u believe I do go to a place I don't know anybody for vacation more especially as this will be my first time to travel outside Nigeria
Secondly, my salary is #145000...Would they consider this amount low income or good enough Though I have about 1.4m in savings account
I'm 31, married with a kid, working for 6 years n 3 months now as a sales supervisor with a distribution company.
What r my chances God bless you

Being your first time as a traveller, your chances looks slim. You will need to prove to the VO that you're a genuine traveller who wishes to depart the US on expiration of your visit.

It is not compulsory you know someone in the US before going for vacation. Previous holiday experience abroad, only helps to sway the CO's decision in your favour.

Since you've paid for appointment, give it a try. Best of luck...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 2:51pm On May 14, 2013
tzetzefly:

Being your first time as a traveller, your chances looks slim. You will need to prove to the VO that you're a genuine traveller who wishes to depart the US on expiration of your visit.

It is not compulsory you know someone in the US before going for vacation. Previous holiday experience abroad, only helps to sway the CO's decision in your favour.

Since you've paid for appointment, give it a try. Best of luck...

Thanks tzetzefly, what about my monthly income, do u think is ok for someone who wants to travel outside Nigeria for a vacation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:56pm On May 14, 2013
@Tzetzefly. Please how do i book a hotel reservation without using a credit card?

Or can i contract you in doing this?

Thank you great guy

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.